daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Architecture > European Classic Architecture and Landscapes

European Classic Architecture and Landscapes All related to historical buildings and landscapes of the old world.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 10th, 2009, 06:13 PM   #61
Wazzup
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Well we built 16 Empires between Europe and Asia...and not only the Ottoman Empire.That is why over 300 million turkic people live between these regions today.

Don´t worry Turkey is militarical,economical and political on the rise.Our political influence in the global world is strong.Barack Obama already said this and was our guest in the turkish parliament : "Turkey is the best example in their region,where democracy and muslim majority can handle very well".We host last week the UN Conference "Alliance of Civilizations" and got in the NATO Summit the second leadership of the NATO.This shows our success,importance and political influence in the global world.

And your argument about an Islamist-ruled state which contradicts the principles of Ataturk is wrong.Our government is elected democratic and they never changed the democratic constitution nor was against the principles of Atatürk.You can see in the parliament the sign of Atatürk.And infront of it Barack Obama and Erdogan.

EGEMENLIK KAYITSIZ SARTSIZ MILLETINDIR

"Authority, without any condition and reservation, belongs to the nation/people"

K.ATATÜRK

And here the last regionally elections.This is democracy where every group is represented and have the right to vote for the party they want and believe

You also see Kurds also can vote for their party DTP

Last edited by Wazzup; April 10th, 2009 at 06:59 PM.
Wazzup no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 10th, 2009, 07:50 PM   #62
WhiteMagick
Moderator - Επιτηρητής

Major fail to address my arguments effectively. No surprise lol If you can't even acknoweldge that an Islamic party is ruling your country which implements decisions and a policy against the principles of Ataturk or that Kurds are still being oppressed as indicated by the EU itself then I can't even begin argue with you. Take care.

如果希腊国民继续信阴谋论,外资救世主的,不为自己的行为负责, 他们会灭亡。

人は何かの犠牲なしに何も得ることはできない。何かを得るためには同等の代価が必要になる。それが、生活における等価交換の原則だ。その頃僕らは、それが世界の真実だと信じていた。時間は、最も貴重な資源である。だから、誰の時間もあなたは無駄にしてはいけないし、誰もが他の人の時間を無駄にしないでください。

Last edited by WhiteMagick; April 10th, 2009 at 07:58 PM.
WhiteMagick está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2009, 07:52 PM   #63
Wazzup
BANNED

I know the truth hurts

Yes we are an islamic state with connections to Iran.Soon our muslim brothers will transfer us NUCLEAR BOMB TECHNOLOGY

Haahhaahahhahahahaah

ALLAH EKBER !!!!

Last edited by Wazzup; April 10th, 2009 at 08:16 PM.
Old April 11th, 2009, 01:03 PM   #64
mykonos77
BANNED

Actually you are a minion of Israel and Barak Obama just secured your airspace for any assaults on Iran. Congratulations.
mykonos77 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2009, 01:48 PM   #65
Joelre
Turkish hottie

Likes (Received): 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazzup View Post
I know the truth hurts

Yes we are an islamic state with connections to Iran.Soon our muslim brothers will transfer us NUCLEAR BOMB TECHNOLOGY

Haahhaahahhahahahaah

ALLAH EKBER !!!!
Old April 12th, 2009, 01:10 AM   #66
william of waco

Likes (Received): 270

Wazzup,

Care to enlighten us about the history of Armenian Christians in Turkey?
william of waco no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2009, 02:01 AM   #67
Wazzup
BANNED

Well armenians began to make a rebellion against the Empire to create an independant big country with the help of Russia.They armed themselves with weapons to kill turkish citizens and villages.And the mighty Ottoman Army crushed the rebellion down .Hasta La Vista Baby Game Over !!!
Old April 12th, 2009, 02:19 AM   #68
william of waco

Likes (Received): 270

Whoaaa there Wazzup, you're not even close! But I am now getting a good idea of your, um, capacity to debate, and I will just go ahead and let you win this one.
william of waco no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2009, 03:09 AM   #69
Wazzup
BANNED

I am just talking on the capacity you will never understand
Old April 12th, 2009, 03:17 AM   #70
Messi
Tinerci Gençlik

Likes (Received): 2430

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFS FANATIC View Post

Nope. Because Turks are too afraid to accept the fact that the vast majority of their archeological past along their Aegean coast is GREEK.

As Whitemagick said, "deal with it".
I've heard that so many times in this forum but I don't know if it was only you who said but but until today I haven't seen anyone denying that, actually I haven't heard anyone talking about these ancient things. Why is there such rumour among Greeks? How should we call them if not Greek?
Messi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2009, 03:27 AM   #71
Messi
Tinerci Gençlik

Likes (Received): 2430

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMagick View Post
I showed a considerable respect in this threat to Turks but this requires a reply:

On the contrary today's modern Greek have many things that would make their ancestors proud but considering your bias I wouldn't expect you to know them.

If Modern day Turks are not the continuation of Ottomans what are modern Turks proud of? The minority polgroms, the human rights violations, Ergenekon, the oppresion of the Kurds or the Islamist-ruled state which contradicts the principles of Ataturk? (all of which are not Greek perceptions of Turkey but EU and historical ones). Before you point the finger look at yourself in the mirror.
If today's Greeks were the same as their ancestors Greek would be one of the most developed countries in the world but it's not. After 3 decades of membership as a net receiver country it belongs to the most problematic countries within the EU concerning anything from education to economy, infrastructure, income, poverty etc.. so "Before you point the finger look at yourself in the mirror." I can show by any statistics that Greek is always sharing the last ranks with Romania, Bulgari and Poland but you can't prove me that Turkey is islamist-ruled state and that Kurds are oppresed.. Feel free to do so if you can.
Messi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2009, 02:55 AM   #72
Istanbullu
Made in Turkey

Likes (Received): 159

Quote:

Modern Greeks are the descentants of Ancient Greeks, the same way that Italians are the descentants of Romans. Modern day Greeks grow up speaking Greek (Greeks of Cyprus speak a dialect of Koinee Greek), are raised listening to Aesopus stories, learn Ancient Greek and study Ancient-Medieval-Modern Greek literature. If they are not the same civlization with simply a different religion then there isn't a single nation with a connection to any ancient civilization which is of course gravely and grossly erroneous. Nations evolve but they remain the same nations.
Well, with that sense majority of us(turks of turkey) are the descendants of the ancient Anatolians.

So what was your point again?
Istanbullu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2009, 02:58 AM   #73
Istanbullu
Made in Turkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFS FANATIC View Post

Nope. Because Turks are too afraid to accept the fact that the vast majority of their archeological past along their Aegean coast is GREEK.

As Whitemagick said, "deal with it".
yeah we are really shitscared of you greeks..

I agree when you say that there are many archeological sites that are built by ANCIENT Greeks..

See I'm not scared at all..
Old April 14th, 2009, 03:03 AM   #74
Istanbullu
Made in Turkey

Quote:
Major fail to address my arguments effectively. No surprise lol If you can't even acknoweldge that an Islamic party is ruling your country which implements decisions and a policy against the principles of Ataturk or that Kurds are still being oppressed as indicated by the EU itself then I can't even begin argue with you. Take care.
akp doesn't even define itself as an islamic party.. if they would, they wouldn't get so many votes.. sp declares themselves as an islamic party for example.. and they only get 1% of the votes.. I think you are a bit confused..

my question is what has this got anything to do with this thread.. I thought we were the ones who were insecure..
Old April 14th, 2009, 03:09 AM   #75
Istanbullu
Made in Turkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messi View Post
I've heard that so many times in this forum but I don't know if it was only you who said but but until today I haven't seen anyone denying that, actually I haven't heard anyone talking about these ancient things. Why is there such rumour among Greeks? How should we call them if not Greek?

LOL!!!! This is the most amazing and absurd part of their claim!

I asked this plenty of times at other threads. Do you have any ****** proof for your stupid accusations? Have your government warned ours related to this issue? Does your government have any concerns over this issue at all? Do you have pictures of signs at archeological sites in Turkey which gives misleading information?

Of course they don't. They just make accusations for the sake of it.

The funny thing is they call us insecure while they are probably the most insecure people on this planet.
Old April 14th, 2009, 11:16 PM   #76
l'eau
BANNED

Likes (Received): 126

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazzup View Post
I know the truth hurts

Haahhaahahhahahahaah

ALLAH EKBER !!!!
im laughing out loud
l'eau no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2009, 10:23 PM   #77
WhiteMagick
Moderator - Επιτηρητής

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messi View Post
If today's Greeks were the same as their ancestors Greek would be one of the most developed countries in the world but it's not. After 3 decades of membership as a net receiver country it belongs to the most problematic countries within the EU concerning anything from education to economy, infrastructure, income, poverty etc.. so "Before you point the finger look at yourself in the mirror." I can show by any statistics that Greek is always sharing the last ranks with Romania, Bulgari and Poland but you can't prove me that Turkey is islamist-ruled state and that Kurds are oppresed.. Feel free to do so if you can.
I think you are forgetting that Greece was conquered by the Ottomans and ruled by them for almost 4 centuries. Thus the Hellenes had a lot of catching up to do with Western Europe which through Imperialism managed to boost its standard of living while on the other hand the Ottoman Empire collapsed. In addition Greece was embroiled in wars with neighbouring countries until the end of the 2nd World War and wasn't an Imperialist country during the Industrial revolution.

Furthermore you also seem to be convienently ignoring how Turkey is even further behind Greece in all those aspects you said. lol And you didn't even go through World War II. Turkey still has a deep state for crying out loud as shown by the Ergenekon scandal.

Enough with this discussion. Let's get back on topic!

人は何かの犠牲なしに何も得ることはできない。何かを得るためには同等の代価が必要になる。それが、生活における等価交換の原則だ。その頃僕らは、それが世界の真実だと信じていた。時間は、最も貴重な資源である。だから、誰の時間もあなたは無駄にしてはいけないし、誰もが他の人の時間を無駄にしないでください。

Last edited by WhiteMagick; April 20th, 2009 at 01:40 AM.
Old April 19th, 2009, 10:27 PM   #78
WhiteMagick
Moderator - Επιτηρητής

Quote:
Originally Posted by Istanbullu View Post
Well, with that sense majority of us(turks of turkey) are the descendants of the ancient Anatolians.

So what was your point again?
Genetically perhaps! Culturally or ethnically I don't know! Maybe you should prove it scientifically if you believe that. Last time I read a book Turkey didn't even consider its ancestors being ancient Anatolians. All scientific books show that Modern Greeks = Ancient Greeks. Why Turkey is devoid of these books is beyond me and I do not care.

Last edited by WhiteMagick; April 20th, 2009 at 01:40 AM.
Old April 20th, 2009, 04:30 PM   #79
Istanbullu
Made in Turkey

Quote:
Genetically perhaps! Culturally or ethnically I don't know! Maybe you should prove it scientifically if you believe that. Last time I read a book Turkey didn't even consider its ancestors being ancient Anatolians. All scientific books show that Modern Greeks = Ancient Greeks. Why Turkey is devoid of these books is beyond me and I do not care.

I don't have to prove shit. I live in Turkey..

Majority of Turks of Turkey are descendants of ancient Anatolians.. this is a fact only some greeks can not comprehend - for obvious reasons..

and if you think that you are culturally the same with ancient greeks then I have no more questions..

and What books your mumbling about? lol you are as related to ancient greeks as modern egyptians are to the ancient egyptians who built the pyramids..
Old April 20th, 2009, 04:36 PM   #80
Istanbullu
Made in Turkey

Quote:
I think you are forgetting that Greece was conquered by the Ottomans and ruled by them for almost 4 centuries. Thus the Hellenes had a lot of catching up to do with Western Europe which through Imperialism managed to boost its standard of living while on the other hand the Ottoman Empire collapsed. In addition Greece was embroiled in wars with neighbouring countries until the end of the 2nd World War and wasn't an Imperialist country during the Industrial revolution.

Furthermore you also seem to be convienently ignoring how Turkey is even further behind Greece in all those aspects you said. lol And you didn't even go through World War II. Turkey still has a deep state for crying out loud as shown by the Ergenekon scandal.

hahahaha same lame excuse.. we are backward because of ottoman empire..

Tags
classic europe