daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Architecture > European Classic Architecture and Landscapes

European Classic Architecture and Landscapes All related to historical buildings and landscapes of the old world.



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old April 20th, 2009, 05:12 PM   #81
Olympios
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Al-Europiya
Posts: 1,645
Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messi View Post
If today's Greeks were the same as their ancestors Greek would be one of the most developed countries in the world but it's not.
There have been many serious scholars who have tried to prove your point. All of them have failed. Now a multi-banned, neuronless Turkish member is proving it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messi View Post
After 3 decades of membership as a net receiver country it belongs to the most problematic countries within the EU concerning anything from education to economy, infrastructure, income, poverty etc.. so "Before you point the finger look at yourself in the mirror." I can show by any statistics that Greek is always sharing the last ranks with Romania, Bulgari and Poland but you can't prove me that Turkey is islamist-ruled state and that Kurds are oppresed.. Feel free to do so if you can.
Oh, you and your statistics. Actually you're so passionate that you look every sub-sub-sub-statistical index to prove your points even though even an 12-year old boy with average IQ will understand the fallacious deductions you're trying to make. Keep ridiculing yourself
The issue is that in every major index Greece is doing pretty well (really what's wrong with your HDI?). Also there isn't of any shame to be matched with Romania, BulgariA or Poland in some statistical indexes. We've problems of course but in any case, before deteriorating the discussion, better see your own backyard.

p.s. Oh I forgot to say, get a life. You're overburned by creating flamewars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Istanbullu View Post
hahahaha same lame excuse.. we are backward because of ottoman empire..
It's not an excuse. That the Ottoman empire left Balkans in backwardness it's common sense, as it's common sense that Greece was destroyed during WWII. But no one complains of being backward! That's a word that Turkish members like to use and I fully understand why.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Istanbullu View Post
Majority of Turks of Turkey are descendants of ancient Anatolians.. this is a fact only some greeks can not comprehend - for obvious reasons..
Since when was there a nation of ''Ancient Anatolians" which you have as ancestors? After all, were there any "Ancient Anatolians" at all? It seems that Google can't understand you (and the rest of bs posted by many Turkish members) as well.

Last edited by Olympios; April 20th, 2009 at 05:22 PM.
Olympios no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 20th, 2009, 06:14 PM   #82
LEAFS FANATIC
Μολών λαβέ
 
LEAFS FANATIC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Toronto and Athens
Posts: 3,735
Likes (Received): 1359

Olympios, don't waste your time on children like Istanbullu. How can you reason with a guy who one minute says he is Anatolian, the next he says he has Bulgarian descent, the next he is calling himself a Turk...etc., etc....

As a Greek, I can say that I am 100% Greek from a region of Greece that has a history that spans all the way back to 2,500 BC and my family (on both sides) has always lived in this region. Yes, we are Greeks and YES we are descendants of teh Greeks who lived in the EXACT SAME lands that Greece lies in today. How many Turks/Anatolians??? can say that? They can't because as the pictures in this very thread prove, their lands that make up what is known as Turkey today was once inhabitted by Greeks and many other mighty cultures.

Dream on Konstantinbullu....even your name is Greek!
LEAFS FANATIC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2009, 08:07 PM   #83
nurhak
Registered User
 
nurhak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Izmir/Tilburg
Posts: 621
Likes (Received): 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFS FANATIC View Post
Olympios, don't waste your time on children like Istanbullu. How can you reason with a guy who one minute says he is Anatolian, the next he says he has Bulgarian descent, the next he is calling himself a Turk...etc., etc....

As a Greek, I can say that I am 100% Greek from a region of Greece that has a history that spans all the way back to 2,500 BC and my family (on both sides) has always lived in this region. Yes, we are Greeks and YES we are descendants of teh Greeks who lived in the EXACT SAME lands that Greece lies in today. How many Turks/Anatolians??? can say that? They can't because as the pictures in this very thread prove, their lands that make up what is known as Turkey today was once inhabitted by Greeks and many other mighty cultures.

Dream on Konstantinbullu....even your name is Greek!
ahuah your funny man really i laughed ,even if i got greek blood or armenian,kurdish or from any other anatolian civilizations im still a proud to be a Turk,and it feels good to say it
nurhak no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2009, 03:30 AM   #84
Istanbullu
Made in Turkey
 
Istanbullu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Istanbul
Posts: 6,815
Likes (Received): 159

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympios View Post



Since when was there a nation of ''Ancient Anatolians" which you have as ancestors? After all, were there any "Ancient Anatolians" at all? It seems that Google can't understand you (and the rest of bs posted by many Turkish members) as well.
By ancient Anatolians, I meant the ancient peoples and civilisations of Anatolia... All the races and civilisations that lived in these lands.. Is it so hard to comprehend or are you just trying to be funny?
Istanbullu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2009, 03:43 AM   #85
Istanbullu
Made in Turkey
 
Istanbullu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Istanbul
Posts: 6,815
Likes (Received): 159

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFS FANATIC View Post
Olympios, don't waste your time on children like Istanbullu. How can you reason with a guy who one minute says he is Anatolian, the next he says he has Bulgarian descent, the next he is calling himself a Turk...etc., etc....
err when did I ever say that I am a Bulgarian descent?

I said one part(1/4) of my family is of Pomak descent. My family is a great combination of Balkan and Anatolian people.

I am deeply sorry that we are not as pure as you Leafs. My 100% pure hellenic, orthodox, ancient greco friend..

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFS FANATIC View Post
As a Greek, I can say that I am 100% Greek from a region of Greece that has a history that spans all the way back to 2,500 BC and my family (on both sides) has always lived in this region. Yes, we are Greeks and YES we are descendants of teh Greeks who lived in the EXACT SAME lands that Greece lies in today. How many Turks/Anatolians??? can say that? They can't because as the pictures in this very thread prove, their lands that make up what is known as Turkey today was once inhabitted by Greeks and many other mighty cultures.

Dream on Konstantinbullu....even your name is Greek!
Dream on what?! Loser!

I don't dream on living in Athens like majority of you dream on living in Istanbul. Istanbullu is a Turkish name which means a person from Istanbul, which is a TURKISH city in TURKey.. btw it is not my real name. Becareful man, you are starting to confuse ssc world with the reality..

and I'm definetely not a loser who masturbates over the origin of names..

and no I can't say that I am the descendants of the Greeks who lived in Greece. Why would I do that? lol..

I am the descendants of people who lived in the exact same land as Turkey - and Balkans. See, I cover a greater area.. I win.. Loser!

Last edited by Istanbullu; April 21st, 2009 at 03:48 AM.
Istanbullu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2009, 06:31 PM   #86
BG_PATRIOT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9,471
Likes (Received): 69

This flame war was brought to you in part by...........Marlboro's new blend No 420, a new spice with the same old great and refreshing taste...

BG_PATRIOT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2009, 01:49 AM   #87
Erhan
Registered User
 
Erhan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 14,191
Likes (Received): 10510

Im turkish and I love grecce, you guys are an embarrassment of both of our wonderful nations.

Erhan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2009, 06:54 PM   #88
Cerises
99% Angel
 
Cerises's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Athens-Αθήνα-GR/Southeastern U.S.
Posts: 685
Likes (Received): 371

messi and istanbullu at it again! I like how their complexes and insecurities run rampant in most threads!
__________________
Dum Spiro Spero
Cerises no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2009, 07:35 PM   #89
Istanbullu
Made in Turkey
 
Istanbullu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Istanbul
Posts: 6,815
Likes (Received): 159

yeah, I'm the one who is desperately trying to take credit for what an ancient civilization have done 3000 years ago..

and I'm not surprised to see you the flamewar junkie once again accusing me for being insecure..
Istanbullu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2009, 07:39 PM   #90
Cerises
99% Angel
 
Cerises's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Athens-Αθήνα-GR/Southeastern U.S.
Posts: 685
Likes (Received): 371

Yeah ooooookay, you are just the one who participates in EVERY single one of these flame wars and contributes NOTHING during!
P.S. Taking credit?????
__________________
Dum Spiro Spero
Cerises no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2009, 08:01 PM   #91
Istanbullu
Made in Turkey
 
Istanbullu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Istanbul
Posts: 6,815
Likes (Received): 159

whatever..
Istanbullu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2009, 08:02 PM   #92
WhiteMagick
Moderator - Επιτηρητής
 
WhiteMagick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 18,091

Brilliant argument!! Fantastic intellectualism indeed. /sarcasm off. How old are you? Ten?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Istanbullu View Post
I don't have to prove shit. I live in Turkey..

Majority of Turks of Turkey are descendants of ancient Anatolians.. this is a fact only some greeks can not comprehend - for obvious reasons..

and if you think that you are culturally the same with ancient greeks then I have no more questions..

and What books your mumbling about? lol you are as related to ancient greeks as modern egyptians are to the ancient egyptians who built the pyramids..
Whatever you keep on saying I'm still waiting on those scientific facts that prove that Turks are descendants of ancient anatolians and that modern day Greeks have nothing to do with Ancient Greeks! PM when you have them!

Modern Greeks speak Greek, they study ancient, medieval and modern Greek language, literature and philosophy. They are as Greek as ancient Greeks. And that doesn't require genes because being Greek is a matter of education, not a matter of genes. Something that has been universally agreed upon by Greeks since the ancient times. Deal with it (perhaps when you grow up little buddy!)

By the way to clarify the name of ''Instabul'', it's the Turkish pronunciation of road signs reading ''Εις την Πόλην'' which was what Constantinople is/was called for many centuries.
__________________
Ο κάθε λαός έχει το κράτος και την κυβέρνηση που του αξίζει. Καθρέφτης λαού, ἄστη αυτού.

如果希腊国民继续信阴谋论,外资救世主的,不为自己的行为负责, 他们会灭亡。

人は何かの犠牲なしに何も得ることはできない。何かを得るためには同等の代価が必要になる。それが、生活における等価交換の原則だ。その頃僕らは、それが世界の真実だと信じていた。時間は、最も貴重な資源である。だから、誰の時間もあなたは無駄にしてはいけないし、誰もが他の人の時間を無駄にしないでください。
WhiteMagick no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2009, 08:05 PM   #93
WhiteMagick
Moderator - Επιτηρητής
 
WhiteMagick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 18,091

Quote:
Originally Posted by Istanbullu View Post
hahahaha same lame excuse.. we are backward because of ottoman empire..

Thanks for the laugh, but is that how you always react when you don't have anything to say due to a lack of knowledge and argumentative skills?
__________________
Ο κάθε λαός έχει το κράτος και την κυβέρνηση που του αξίζει. Καθρέφτης λαού, ἄστη αυτού.

如果希腊国民继续信阴谋论,外资救世主的,不为自己的行为负责, 他们会灭亡。

人は何かの犠牲なしに何も得ることはできない。何かを得るためには同等の代価が必要になる。それが、生活における等価交換の原則だ。その頃僕らは、それが世界の真実だと信じていた。時間は、最も貴重な資源である。だから、誰の時間もあなたは無駄にしてはいけないし、誰もが他の人の時間を無駄にしないでください。
WhiteMagick no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2009, 03:13 AM   #94
Istanbullu
Made in Turkey
 
Istanbullu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Istanbul
Posts: 6,815
Likes (Received): 159

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMagick View Post
Brilliant argument!! Fantastic intellectualism indeed. /sarcasm off. How old are you? Ten?



Whatever you keep on saying I'm still waiting on those scientific facts that prove that Turks are descendants of ancient anatolians and that modern day Greeks have nothing to do with Ancient Greeks! PM when you have them!

Modern Greeks speak Greek, they study ancient, medieval and modern Greek language, literature and philosophy. They are as Greek as ancient Greeks. And that doesn't require genes because being Greek is a matter of education, not a matter of genes. Something that has been universally agreed upon by Greeks since the ancient times. Deal with it (perhaps when you grow up little buddy!)

By the way to clarify the name of ''Instabul'', it's the Turkish pronunciation of road signs reading ''Εις την Πόλην'' which was what Constantinople is/was called for many centuries.
and where are your scientific facts white magic? You people are really something.

if I'm not descendant of ancient anatolians or balkan people then whose descendant I am? Mongolians?

You share the language and the ethnicity.. that's it.. You are a different civilization.. Deal with it.. and I am not giving you any credit for the achievements of ancient Greeks.. Like I am not giving any credit to modern egyptians for the construction of pyramids.. I'll give you credit for the achievements of modern Greece(est. 1830)..

and what difference does it make if the word Istanbul has a Greek root. It's a 100% Turkish city. I'm in Australia right now and neither Australia or New Zealand are english words.. So?
Istanbullu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2009, 02:13 PM   #95
WhiteMagick
Moderator - Επιτηρητής
 
WhiteMagick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 18,091

Quote:
Originally Posted by Istanbullu View Post
and where are your scientific facts white magic? You people are really something.

if I'm not descendant of ancient anatolians or balkan people then whose descendant I am? Mongolians?

You share the language and the ethnicity.. that's it.. You are a different civilization.. Deal with it.. and I am not giving you any credit for the achievements of ancient Greeks.. Like I am not giving any credit to modern egyptians for the construction of pyramids.. I'll give you credit for the achievements of modern Greece(est. 1830)..

and what difference does it make if the word Istanbul has a Greek root. It's a 100% Turkish city. I'm in Australia right now and neither Australia or New Zealand are english words.. So?
Lol you don't believe me that Greek education is as such? lol my lord Instabullu. You really ARE a troll. A naive one too.

I did not make the claim that modern greeks have nothing to do with ancient Greeks. YOU did. I'm waiting for your evidence STILL! Prove it!

I just gave the origin of the name Instabul. Nothing more. On the contrary I did you a favour by enriching your obviously poor knowledge.
__________________
Ο κάθε λαός έχει το κράτος και την κυβέρνηση που του αξίζει. Καθρέφτης λαού, ἄστη αυτού.

如果希腊国民继续信阴谋论,外资救世主的,不为自己的行为负责, 他们会灭亡。

人は何かの犠牲なしに何も得ることはできない。何かを得るためには同等の代価が必要になる。それが、生活における等価交換の原則だ。その頃僕らは、それが世界の真実だと信じていた。時間は、最も貴重な資源である。だから、誰の時間もあなたは無駄にしてはいけないし、誰もが他の人の時間を無駄にしないでください。
WhiteMagick no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2009, 03:17 PM   #96
Istanbullu
Made in Turkey
 
Istanbullu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Istanbul
Posts: 6,815
Likes (Received): 159

I said you share the language and the same ethnicity(not all greeks though).. That's it.. and I said I don't give any credit to modern Greeks for the ancient Greek cities, architecture, literature, etc.... and Why would I?

I really wonder what kind of nationalistic propaganda(greek education?) do they feed you with at your schools, seriously I've never seen any other nation desperately trying to take so much credit for what an ancient civilization has created on their land - and in some cases, even on other nations' land.

It's just sad..
Istanbullu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2009, 04:37 PM   #97
WhiteMagick
Moderator - Επιτηρητής
 
WhiteMagick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 18,091

Quote:
Originally Posted by Istanbullu View Post
I said you share the language and the same ethnicity(not all greeks though).. That's it.. and I said I don't give any credit to modern Greeks for the ancient Greek cities, architecture, literature, etc.... and Why would I?

I really wonder what kind of nationalistic propaganda(greek education?) do they feed you with at your schools, seriously I've never seen any other nation desperately trying to take so much credit for what an ancient civilization has created on their land - and in some cases, even on other nations' land.

It's just sad..
You went from modern Greeks have nothing to do with Ancient Greeks to they are the same ethnos! I think that's hilarious! I see failure to back up your statement. Thanks!

Why wouldn't someone take credit of what their ancestors did if they are the same nation? You as an individual might not take credit of what Ottoman Turks achieved as a modern Turk but many Turks do, if not the vast majority. The same goes for Italians, the Chinese, the Koreans, the Hindi and the list goes on. You are probably the only one on this world that says that the descendants of a nation cannot claim pride to what their ancestors have done. For that matter people should not be proud of what their country has achieved if it's older that a century! lol I'm sorry you see this as ''propaganda'' in your little cosmos!

And greek nationalist propaganda in our education for being proud of our ancestors? You're joking I'm sure.
__________________
Ο κάθε λαός έχει το κράτος και την κυβέρνηση που του αξίζει. Καθρέφτης λαού, ἄστη αυτού.

如果希腊国民继续信阴谋论,外资救世主的,不为自己的行为负责, 他们会灭亡。

人は何かの犠牲なしに何も得ることはできない。何かを得るためには同等の代価が必要になる。それが、生活における等価交換の原則だ。その頃僕らは、それが世界の真実だと信じていた。時間は、最も貴重な資源である。だから、誰の時間もあなたは無駄にしてはいけないし、誰もが他の人の時間を無駄にしないでください。
WhiteMagick no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2009, 03:39 AM   #98
Istanbullu
Made in Turkey
 
Istanbullu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Istanbul
Posts: 6,815
Likes (Received): 159

Well, I've never seen any other nation (Italians, Egyptians etc....) who is trying to take so much credit for the achievements of ancient or former civilizations on their land. When was the last time you've seen a modern Egyptian claiming that they built the pyramids?

Anyway feel free to pretend like Socrates is your uncle.. We all find it very comical..
Istanbullu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2009, 02:35 PM   #99
WhiteMagick
Moderator - Επιτηρητής
 
WhiteMagick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 18,091

What's comical is your statements, arguments and the crediting of statements to others which is all part of living in your own little universe! When you can hold a decent coversation without looking like a ridiculous troll with no education or knoweledge I'll be glad to engage in a serious conversation with you.

What I needed I got. You went from ''modern Greeks have nothing to do with Ancient Greeks'' to ''you share the same language and ethnicity''. Taking pride in the work of your ancestors is a nation's choice and all nations do it. Deal with it while it's still soon!

Take care Instabullu!
__________________
Ο κάθε λαός έχει το κράτος και την κυβέρνηση που του αξίζει. Καθρέφτης λαού, ἄστη αυτού.

如果希腊国民继续信阴谋论,外资救世主的,不为自己的行为负责, 他们会灭亡。

人は何かの犠牲なしに何も得ることはできない。何かを得るためには同等の代価が必要になる。それが、生活における等価交換の原則だ。その頃僕らは、それが世界の真実だと信じていた。時間は、最も貴重な資源である。だから、誰の時間もあなたは無駄にしてはいけないし、誰もが他の人の時間を無駄にしないでください。
WhiteMagick no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2009, 03:45 AM   #100
Istanbullu
Made in Turkey
 
Istanbullu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Istanbul
Posts: 6,815
Likes (Received): 159

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMagick View Post

What I needed I got. You went from ''modern Greeks have nothing to do with Ancient Greeks'' to ''you share the same language and ethnicity''. Taking pride in the work of your ancestors is a nation's choice and all nations do it. Deal with it while it's still soon!

Take care Instabullu!
When I said ''you have nothing to do with them''.. I meant civilization wise.. These people didn't disappear.. of course you share ethnicity - like I share ethnicity with ancient people of anatolia etc...

taking pride is ok but yours is beyond that.. way beyond..

but it's ok.. just don't get offended if I LMAO when you guys claim that you created democracy..
Istanbullu no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
classic europe

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu