daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Architecture > European Classic Architecture and Landscapes

European Classic Architecture and Landscapes All related to historical buildings and landscapes of the old world.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 28th, 2009, 03:52 AM   #101
Mavey
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Interesting to say the least.
Mavey no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 28th, 2009, 04:19 AM   #102
Erhan

Likes (Received): 10503

http://www.stoa.org/metis/cgi-bin/qt...1.5&fov=43.353
Erhan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2009, 08:55 PM   #103
WhiteMagick
Moderator - Επιτηρητής

Interesting vid Erhan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Istanbullu View Post
When I said ''you have nothing to do with them''.. I meant civilization wise.. These people didn't disappear.. of course you share ethnicity - like I share ethnicity with ancient people of anatolia etc...

taking pride is ok but yours is beyond that.. way beyond..

but it's ok.. just don't get offended if I LMAO when you guys claim that you created democracy..
Well you may ''LMAO'' at Greeks for saying their ancestors created democracy which is factually correct but in the same way everybody would laugh at your lack of academic knowledge, poor arguments, unproven claims and virulent anti-hellenism; and let's not forget your trolling. So stop hijacking this thread.

如果希腊国民继续信阴谋论,外资救世主的,不为自己的行为负责, 他们会灭亡。

人は何かの犠牲なしに何も得ることはできない。何かを得るためには同等の代価が必要になる。それが、生活における等価交換の原則だ。その頃僕らは、それが世界の真実だと信じていた。時間は、最も貴重な資源である。だから、誰の時間もあなたは無駄にしてはいけないし、誰もが他の人の時間を無駄にしないでください。
WhiteMagick no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2009, 02:24 PM   #104
nurhak

Likes (Received): 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMagick View Post
Interesting vid Erhan.

Well you may ''LMAO'' at Greeks for saying their ancestors created democracy which is factually correct but in the same way everybody would laugh at your lack of academic knowledge, poor arguments, unproven claims and virulent anti-hellenism; and let's not forget your trolling. So stop hijacking this thread.
hijacking this trhread? a greek member started with saying its not a symbol of Turkey, this isnt a Turkish symbol but it is a symbol of Turkey
nurhak no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2009, 03:20 AM   #105
Istanbullu
Made in Turkey

Likes (Received): 159

Yeah funny isn't it..
Istanbullu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2009, 07:34 AM   #106
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurhak View Post
hijacking this trhread? a greek member started with saying its not a symbol of Turkey, this isnt a Turkish symbol but it is a symbol of Turkey
Ah, pointing fingers and the old Turkish argument of "they started it"..

No surprise to see istanbullu trolling.

1821 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2009, 09:36 PM   #107
WhiteMagick
Moderator - Επιτηρητής

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurhak View Post
I agree with that statement. It's not a turkish symbol but a symbol of the long history of Anatolia/Minor Asia, in modern times, it's called Turkey. No problem with that.

The argument I was involved in started when people like Instabullu claimed that Modern Greeks have nothing to do with Ancient Greeks. That is the hijack for me. And that is what I was arguing about with him. Now that is solved. Funny to see that you missed the point of the last 3 pages! Ah well.

人は何かの犠牲なしに何も得ることはできない。何かを得るためには同等の代価が必要になる。それが、生活における等価交換の原則だ。その頃僕らは、それが世界の真実だと信じていた。時間は、最も貴重な資源である。だから、誰の時間もあなたは無駄にしてはいけないし、誰もが他の人の時間を無駄にしないでください。

Last edited by WhiteMagick; May 4th, 2009 at 09:53 PM.
Old May 5th, 2009, 05:43 PM   #108
LEAFS FANATIC
Μολών λαβέ

Likes (Received): 1359

Just let him be mate....

Istanbullu is a....well, you know.....

He hilariously (and repeatedly, to the point of making everyone want to vomit) claims that today's Greeks have nothing to do with ancient Greeks or that today's Italians have nothing to do with the ancient Romans or that today's Egyptians have nothing to do with the builders of the pyramids....

Ok buddy.....we just appeared out of the thin blue ******* air, right? All of a sudden, the ancients became extinct, there was a pause, and then the "new" generations appeared out of nowhere with absolutely no link to the ancients before them

This, is, in essence, what un-Istan-believable is saying folks!!! Yes, moronic indeed.

Listen child, let me give you a little lesson on genetic/familial continuation. Maybe then you will understand and hush up once and for all:

Both of my parents' families come from a part of Greece that is about a half hour drive from the very ancient, important, and historic Delphi. My father has a TANGIBLE, DOCUMENTED family tree that goes back six generations with names and details of his familial background. Now, let's say that each of his forefathers on this family tree lived an average of 60 years (I know this may be low, but people tended to live shorter lives back then). That means that, going back 6 generations, we are looking at my father's family being in that VERY SAME AREA OF DELPHI for close to 360 years.

Now. Do you think that these people simply showed up out of nowhere? Take the example I have above and double it or tripple it if you want and the "link" as you can see, is there.

Did these people mix? Can they have other backgrounds than Greek? Who knows? Maybe yes, maybe no. That is not the point though. The point is that Greeks have had a PRESENCE in THE VERY SAME LANDS, using the VERY SAME LANGUAGE, TRADITIONS, CUSTOMS, AND CULTURE as did the ancients who built what we see as remnants today. The same can be said for the Italians, Egyptians, Spanish, etc....

Why you cannot comprehend this issue is beyond me but it certainly demonstrates one of two things: (a) you are incredibly immature, or, (b) you are a hater of everything Hellenic, which, if the case, I feel sorry for you.
LEAFS FANATIC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2009, 06:55 PM   #109
Istanbullu
Made in Turkey

I don't give any credit to modern Greeks for the achievements of the ancient Greeks. Do you have a problem with this? Well then I suggest you to go and **** yourself..
Old May 5th, 2009, 06:57 PM   #110
Istanbullu
Made in Turkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1821 View Post
Ah, pointing fingers and the old Turkish argument of "they started it"..

No surprise to see istanbullu trolling.

Weren't you banned recently?

magical hellenic macedon
Old May 5th, 2009, 07:51 PM   #111
WhiteMagick
Moderator - Επιτηρητής

What an interesting behaviour!

Old May 5th, 2009, 08:28 PM   #112
LEAFS FANATIC
Μολών λαβέ

Like I said WhiteMagick...little children throw tantrums when they don't get what they want. Similarly, Istanbaby has no arguments so he resorts to name-calling and rudeness.

C'est la vie, as they say!

Next thing you know, Istanboring will claim that the Greek architect Sinan who built so many of the beautiful buildings and mosques in Konstantinoupolis wasn not Greek at all....heheheheh...ooops! He already has.

Silly/sad child!
Old May 5th, 2009, 09:03 PM   #113
LEAFS FANATIC
Μολών λαβέ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Istanbullu View Post
Weren't you banned recently?

magical hellenic macedon
Haven't you been banned before?

Istanbul (Konstantinoupolis)

Izmir (Smyrni)
Old May 6th, 2009, 05:27 PM   #114
Wazzup
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Last edited by Wazzup; May 6th, 2009 at 05:38 PM.
Wazzup no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2009, 08:46 PM   #115
BG_PATRIOT
BANNED

Likes (Received): 69

Congratulations You are a moron
BG_PATRIOT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2009, 09:45 PM   #116
Wazzup
BANNED

you must congratulate Fatih Sultan Mehmet,not me.I mean he has shown good performance with 21 years.While most of the youth today like you canīt achieve anything powerful or successfull in life,there were people like Fatih Sultan Mehmet or Alexander the Great in history who achieved more than you in young age
Old May 6th, 2009, 10:29 PM   #117
BG_PATRIOT
BANNED

Likes (Received): 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazzup View Post
you must congratulate Fatih Sultan Mehmet,not me.I mean he has shown good performance with 21 years.While most of the youth today like you canīt achieve anything powerful or successfull in life,there were people like Fatih Sultan Mehmet or Alexander the Great in history who achieved more than you in young age
It is obvious that Sultan Mehmet and Alexander the Great have achieved much more than me and as a matter of fact more than most people who have ever lived on the surface of the world...

You see Sultan Mehmet and Alexander's achievements fall in the category - important historical figures of our world...

You posting a video of the conquest of Constantinople in a thread dealing with an ancient temple dedicated to Apollo (especially when your post's only purpose is to instigate a flamewar) falls in the category - You being a moron

PS: If you have a rope close by, do yourself a favor...end your suffering

BG_PATRIOT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2009, 10:34 PM   #118
Wazzup
BANNED

what does a bulgarian look in a greco-turkish flamewar.If you would follow the thread since last pages you would notice this thread dealing with everything except of the temple of apollo .But well if you want to compense your communist inferiour complexes,just show it
Old May 6th, 2009, 10:42 PM   #119
Yattara
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazzup View Post
what does a bulgarian look in a greco-turkish flamewar.If you would follow the thread since last pages you would notice this thread dealing with everything except of the temple of apollo .But well if you want to compense your communist inferiour complexes,just show it
yeah communists should look in architecture threads with communist style buildings.
Yattara no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2009, 10:50 PM   #120
Tanju
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Tanju no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
classic europe