daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Architecture > European Classic Architecture and Landscapes

European Classic Architecture and Landscapes All related to historical buildings and landscapes of the old world.



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old May 6th, 2009, 10:51 PM   #121
BG_PATRIOT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9,471
Likes (Received): 69

Well that is for you to answer...you call it inferiority complex...I call it logical reasoning...you see people like you will always try to denigrate other people, simply because you know nothing better...you will go around cursing at Bulgarians, Greeks, Serbians, Armenians, Kurds and saying how great you are because the Ottoman empire once ruled these lands, thinking you are the descendants of the Ottoman rulers, when in fact your ancestors were most probably poor uneducated peasants just like 98% of the people in the "Great" Ottoman Empire...Just because you are Turkish does not mean anything my friend...the legacy left from the Ottoman Empire sums up to almost nothing everywhere it has laid its roots...You should rather be proud of the achievements the secular republic of Turkey as done to transform the country rather than the 600 years of Ottoman backwardness...

But even then, I am almost 100% sure that for the achievements of the secular republic you and your ancestors have not contributed much...your place is deep in Anatolia somewhere near Bilge, where I am pretty sure you will find plenty of people thinking the same way as you...

PS: A lesson in English scripture wouldn't hurt you buddy...

Last edited by BG_PATRIOT; May 6th, 2009 at 10:58 PM.
BG_PATRIOT no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 6th, 2009, 11:03 PM   #122
Wazzup
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Antalya
Posts: 155
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG_PATRIOT View Post
Well that is for you to answer...you call it inferiority complex...I call it logical reasoning...you see people like you will always try to denigrate other people, simply because you know nothing better...you will go around cursing at Bulgarians, Greeks, Serbians, Armenians, Kurds and saying how great you are because the Ottoman empire once ruled these lands, thinking you are the descendants of the Ottoman rulers, when in fact your ancestors were most probably poor uneducated peasants just like 98% of the people in the "Great" Ottoman Empire...Just because you are Turkish does not mean anything my friend...the legacy left from the Ottoman Empire sums up to almost nothing everywhere it has laid its roots...You should rather be proud of the achievements the secular republic of Turkey as done to transform the country rather than the 600 years of Ottoman backwardness...

But even then, I almost 100% sure that for the achievements of the secular republic you and your ancestors have not contributed much...your place is deep in Anatolia somewhere near Bilge, where I am pretty sure you will find plenty of people thinking the same way as you...

Well we are now out of topic.I want a flame war with my sirtaki dancer friends,because it is a tradition ....not with you.But you are the one who is worried about a video which belongs to the history of the turks in a greco-turkish thread.You just waited for the moment to show your frustration about us.Me for example donīt care about the history of others.But for some people like you,i feel sorry,cause they still stuck back in Ottoman history and canīt forget it how bad life was for them.Yes i am proud of our secular republic and our history.But you are not the one to tell me that.I just know it .

Your sentences make no sense and logic.My video was a message to Istanbul.I am talking about a city and you bring me the whole Ottoman history to me.Instead of caring about other countries,you should look to your own situation in your country.

Last edited by Wazzup; May 6th, 2009 at 11:13 PM.
Wazzup no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2009, 11:30 PM   #123
BG_PATRIOT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9,471
Likes (Received): 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazzup View Post
Well we are now out of topic.I want a flame war with my sirtaki dancer friends,because it is a tradition ....not with you.But you are the one who is worried about a video which belongs to the history of the turks in a greco-turkish thread.You just waited for the moment to show your frustration about us.Me for example donīt care about the history of others.But for some people like you,i feel sorry,cause they still stuck back in Ottoman history and canīt forget it how bad life was for them.Yes i am proud of our secular republic and our history.But you are not the one to tell me that.I just know it .

Your sentences make no sense and logic.My video was a message to Istanbul.I am talking about a city and you bring me the whole Ottoman history to me.
I am wondering when you go to sleep at night...is it hard for you to fall asleep when you know that tomorrow you will have to live with yourself another day?

You simply prove once more that you are the antithesis of a modern Turkish citizen. While hardworking people are trying to integrate Turkey as much as possible to a modern and global way of thinking, you and people like you are the reasons why it hasn't been achieved yet...You want to start flamewar with Greeks because it is a tradition??....I guess because that is as far as your brain is able to function...

The thread is not Greco-Turkish...it is a thread about an ancient Temple that was plagued with BS because of imbeciles like you...

I don't have any frustrations because I can't be mad at a poor soul like you...

and once more I really doubt your ancestry and descendants have/will contribute to the secular republic...and if they do...I'm sure Ataturk will raise from his grave to strike you and morons like you that stand in front of development and normal reasoning.

PS: Yes, I will bring you the whole Ottoman history, just in order to put some sense into your head, even though I am most probably fighting in a war that was lost the first moment you saw a glimpse of light and had your first breath of air.
BG_PATRIOT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2009, 11:51 PM   #124
Wazzup
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Antalya
Posts: 155
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG_PATRIOT View Post
I am wondering when you go to sleep at night...is it hard for you to fall asleep when you know that tomorrow you will have to live with yourself another day?

You simply prove once more that you are the antithesis of a modern Turkish citizen. While hardworking people are trying to integrate Turkey as much as possible to a modern and global way of thinking, you and people like you are the reasons why it hasn't been achieved yet...You want to start flamewar with Greeks because it is a tradition??....I guess because that is as far as your brain is able to function...

The thread is not Greco-Turkish...it is a thread about an ancient Temple that was plagued with BS because of imbeciles like you...

I don't have any frustrations because I can't be mad at a poor soul like you...

and once more I really doubt your ancestry and descendants have/will contribute to the secular republic...and if they do...I'm sure Ataturk will raise from his grave to strike you and morons like you that stand in front of development and normal reasoning.

PS: Yes, I will bring you the whole Ottoman history, just in order to put some sense into your head, even though I am most probably fighting in a war that was lost the first moment you saw a glimpse of light and had your first breath of air.
Donīt worry about me.I am mechanical engineering student and have a great prosperity .Turkey is on the best way to be one of the most powerful countries (political,economical,militarical) of the world.And it is already integrated into the global world (political and economical).Even far earlier than whole East Europe.And i have no problems with greeks.I even have greek friends in my university.When i am talking about flame war...then i am talking of "joke/fun" flamewar.But serious mental frustrated people like you will never understand it.Then it is your problem.Well my father is teacher and contributed much for the secular republic of Turkey.So donīt worry about my descendants.You even donīt know me and making ridiculous statements with no logic and brain.Your aim is just to attack without any background and sense.First you must learn to argument civilized.
Wazzup no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2009, 11:59 PM   #125
BG_PATRIOT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9,471
Likes (Received): 69



Joke flamewar? Why not have a proper discussion about something serious and useful. Contribute in a thread with something more than a random video about the rise of the Ottoman Empire (once more in a thread about an ancient temple, that was plagued because of people like you), which only proves once more that you only try to instigate trouble because you are a simply mind...

Indeed Turkey is a prosperous country and I wish all Turks working for it, all the best because there is plenty of work to be done (just like in Bulgaria, Serbia and other country that was "blessed" with the Ottoman presence)...and once more let me doubt about your contribution to its rise and prosperity of your country...

Last edited by BG_PATRIOT; May 7th, 2009 at 12:08 AM.
BG_PATRIOT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2009, 12:07 AM   #126
Wazzup
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Antalya
Posts: 155
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG_PATRIOT View Post


Joke flamewar? Why not have a proper discussion about something serious and useful. Contribute in a thread with something more than a random video about the rise of the Ottoman Empire, which only proves once more that you only try to investigate trouble because you are a simply mind that searches only to start trouble for x-reason.

Indeed Turkey is a prosperous country and I wish all Turks working for it, all the best...and once more let me doubt about your contribution to its rise and prosperity...
Well i can understand that you support your orthodox neighbour.If the other side is provoking you with names like Konstantinpolis or Symrni he deserve to be provoked the same way.So who is the one who try to investigate trouble ?

PS : you sound like someone outside of Bulgaria

Last edited by Wazzup; May 7th, 2009 at 12:13 AM.
Wazzup no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2009, 12:16 AM   #127
BG_PATRIOT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9,471
Likes (Received): 69

I don't support them, because it is bullshit to support someone because they are my "orthodox brothers"...I will support them if they make sense...sometimes it is the case other times not...

The Balkans and Asia Minor are a two pots of mixed cultures and religions...It is normal that some forumers have names testifying of their origin (Konstantinopolis/Smyrni) because their ancestors lived there...just like Istanbullu says that he has ancestors who lived in Bulgarian Thrace, I have ancestors who lived in Greek Macedonia and Ataturk was born in a city which is currently the second largest Greek city in the world...You obviously know that there were numerous population exchanges after the collapse of the Ottoman empire...places that were populated with one ethnicity were populate with a different one, a couple of years later...

My point is...things are different nowadays therefore let's stop playing the same old track over and over again and find some new tunes

PS; Yes, I don't live in BG

Last edited by BG_PATRIOT; May 7th, 2009 at 12:27 AM.
BG_PATRIOT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2009, 04:51 AM   #128
Istanbullu
Made in Turkey
 
Istanbullu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Istanbul
Posts: 6,815
Likes (Received): 159

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFS FANATIC View Post

Next thing you know, Istanboring will claim that the Greek architect Sinan who built so many of the beautiful buildings and mosques in Konstantinoupolis wasn not Greek at all....heheheheh...ooops! He already has.

Silly/sad child!
BWHAHAHAHAAHA!!

Sinan was a muslim Ottoman Turk with Armenian ethnicity - not Greek. and you know that. He was educated by the empire.

It really must be hard to be Greek. You modern Greeks obviously can not be proud of your cities etc. and try to take credit with ridiculous claims..

It's sad man..
Istanbullu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2009, 05:02 AM   #129
Istanbullu
Made in Turkey
 
Istanbullu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Istanbul
Posts: 6,815
Likes (Received): 159

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFS FANATIC View Post
Haven't you been banned before?
Nope.. never.. But you were.. Not surprisingly..


Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFS FANATIC View Post
Istanbul (Konstantinoupolis)

Izmir (Smyrni)
yeah laugh as much as you like.. you sad greek..
Istanbullu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2009, 05:09 AM   #130
Istanbullu
Made in Turkey
 
Istanbullu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Istanbul
Posts: 6,815
Likes (Received): 159

btw of course you are the sons of the ancient greeks.. for example you carried out the great architectural tradition of them.. and we all can witness that in Athens today.. pics are taken from the greek forum btw..





Istanbullu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2009, 05:26 AM   #131
Cerises
99% Angel
 
Cerises's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Athens-Αθήνα-GR/Southeastern U.S.
Posts: 685
Likes (Received): 372

Congratulations you've succeeded in showing us that you are both ignorant and dumb!
__________________
Dum Spiro Spero

Last edited by Cerises; May 7th, 2009 at 05:54 AM.
Cerises no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2009, 05:32 AM   #132
Istanbullu
Made in Turkey
 
Istanbullu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Istanbul
Posts: 6,815
Likes (Received): 159

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerises View Post
Are you constantly looking for opportunities in displaying your ignorance and idiocy?
Tell that to your friend leafs..

Greek architect Sinan..
Istanbullu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2009, 05:34 AM   #133
Cerises
99% Angel
 
Cerises's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Athens-Αθήνα-GR/Southeastern U.S.
Posts: 685
Likes (Received): 372

Who cares about Sinan? What does that have to do with your trolling? not to mention you've resorted to bashing and posting ignorant remarks as usual!
__________________
Dum Spiro Spero
Cerises no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2009, 07:43 AM   #134
oldirty718
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 52
Likes (Received): 2

wooha!! i've read some really harsh and provocative comments here!

But guys, these are just ancient Greek temples located in Turkey, that all!
Anybody here can say their Turkish, Seljuk, Asian, Persian, Anatolian, Islamic, Ottoman, Mongolian or whatever,
who cares! Everybody in the world knows these facts:
  • "Ancient Greece is considered by most historians to be the foundational culture of Western Civilization."
  • "Ancient Greek civilization has been immensely influential on the language, politics, educational systems,
    philosophy, art and architecture of the modern world"
  • "Ancient Greece was a collection of city-states, out of which the original form of democracy developed."
  • "Ancient Greece refers to all Greek history before the Roman Empire. Europe's classical antiquity
    dates from the reappearance of writing in Ancient Greece of around 700 BC. The Roman Republic was
    established in 509 BC."
  • "Greek wisdom passed into Roman institutions. Greek culture was a powerful influence in the Roman Empire"
  • "Greek is the oldest recorded language of Europe."
  • "Athens was the most powerful and developed city, and a cradle of learning from the time of Pericles."
  • blah blah blah...

Source:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Europe
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Greece
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Athens
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Greece



So, no matter what anyone here says, the above mentioned facts will never change
So chill, nobody's stealing our history!

And for those who don't like the fact that there are Greek ruins scattered around: oh come on, give em a little piece
of our glorious, rich, cultural / historical heritage, they need it! This actually shows how significant Ancient Greece is
even... today: It even helps poor countries get some tourism, make some $$$, you know... grow some GDP/capita,
some HDI, some quality of life eventually... Isn't that great? They gotta reach us someday don't they? (well I don't
see that coming soon enough, not as long as I live tbh, and I'm fine with that )
oldirty718 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2009, 11:15 AM   #135
gm2263
The Jedi Will Rise Again
 
gm2263's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 11,355
Likes (Received): 2200

Good heavens, I hope that some of my other pictures of Athens were also reproduced!!!

C'mon guys grow up, I mean...
__________________
Φάτε Ρίζες...
gm2263 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2009, 11:27 AM   #136
1821
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,164
Likes (Received): 3

Once again I ask why the hell Istanbullu is still posting and not banned?

He routinely is the cause of threads degenerating into flame wars and pissing matches, routinely makes racist and inflamatory comments.

People have been banned for much less.

Why is he not banned yet?
1821 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2009, 01:12 PM   #137
Istanbullu
Made in Turkey
 
Istanbullu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Istanbul
Posts: 6,815
Likes (Received): 159

Why am I supposed to be banned? Because I don't give you any credit for what ancient Greeks has achieved? What kind of a crybaby you are? and where is racism in my post?

I wonder who reactivated your account.

btw If there are people to be banned here those are the ones who called me names such as dumb, idiot etc..
Istanbullu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2009, 01:19 PM   #138
Istanbullu
Made in Turkey
 
Istanbullu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Istanbul
Posts: 6,815
Likes (Received): 159

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldirty718 View Post
wooha!! i've read some really harsh and provocative comments here!

But guys, these are just ancient Greek temples located in Turkey, that all!
Anybody here can say their Turkish, Seljuk, Asian, Persian, Anatolian, Islamic, Ottoman, Mongolian or whatever,
who cares! Everybody in the world knows these facts:
  • "Ancient Greece is considered by most historians to be the foundational culture of Western Civilization."
  • "Ancient Greek civilization has been immensely influential on the language, politics, educational systems,
    philosophy, art and architecture of the modern world"
  • "Ancient Greece was a collection of city-states, out of which the original form of democracy developed."
  • "Ancient Greece refers to all Greek history before the Roman Empire. Europe's classical antiquity
    dates from the reappearance of writing in Ancient Greece of around 700 BC. The Roman Republic was
    established in 509 BC."
  • "Greek wisdom passed into Roman institutions. Greek culture was a powerful influence in the Roman Empire"
  • "Greek is the oldest recorded language of Europe."
  • "Athens was the most powerful and developed city, and a cradle of learning from the time of Pericles."
  • blah blah blah...

Source:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Europe
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Greece
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Athens
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Greece



So, no matter what anyone here says, the above mentioned facts will never change
So chill, nobody's stealing our history!

And for those who don't like the fact that there are Greek ruins scattered around: oh come on, give em a little piece
of our glorious, rich, cultural / historical heritage, they need it! This actually shows how significant Ancient Greece is
even... today: It even helps poor countries get some tourism, make some $$$, you know... grow some GDP/capita,
some HDI, some quality of life eventually... Isn't that great? They gotta reach us someday don't they? (well I don't
see that coming soon enough, not as long as I live tbh, and I'm fine with that )

sure.. god, this mentality.. justifies all my comments in this thread..
Istanbullu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2009, 01:45 PM   #139
WhiteMagick
Moderator - Επιτηρητής
 
WhiteMagick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 18,095

Quote:
Originally Posted by Istanbullu View Post
Why am I supposed to be banned? Because I don't give you any credit for what ancient Greeks has achieved? What kind of a crybaby you are? and where is racism in my post?

I wonder who reactivated your account.

btw If there are people to be banned here those are the ones who called me names such as dumb, idiot etc..
What do you think are the achievements of modern Turkey? And once you are done I'll tell you what modern Greeks have achieved. Just for the sake of informing each other and making bridges between our two nations.
__________________
Ο κάθε λαός έχει το κράτος και την κυβέρνηση που του αξίζει. Καθρέφτης λαού, ἄστη αυτού.

如果希腊国民继续信阴谋论,外资救世主的,不为自己的行为负责, 他们会灭亡。

人は何かの犠牲なしに何も得ることはできない。何かを得るためには同等の代価が必要になる。それが、生活における等価交換の原則だ。その頃僕らは、それが世界の真実だと信じていた。時間は、最も貴重な資源である。だから、誰の時間もあなたは無駄にしてはいけないし、誰もが他の人の時間を無駄にしないでください。
WhiteMagick no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2009, 02:00 PM   #140
Istanbullu
Made in Turkey
 
Istanbullu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Istanbul
Posts: 6,815
Likes (Received): 159

Feel free to brag about the achievements of Greece. Once again it's just that I don't and will never agree with you when you say 'we created democracy' and same sort of claims.
Istanbullu no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
classic europe

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu