daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Architecture > European Classic Architecture and Landscapes

European Classic Architecture and Landscapes All related to historical buildings and landscapes of the old world.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 7th, 2009, 02:06 PM   #141
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Istanbullu View Post
Why am I supposed to be banned? Because I don't give you any credit for what ancient Greeks has achieved? What kind of a crybaby you are? and where is racism in my post?

I wonder who reactivated your account.

btw If there are people to be banned here those are the ones who called me names such as dumb, idiot etc..
Yeah I wonder who reactivated my account. I must be a secret admin. Or maybe this is a secret account for the admins to use to annoy people like you.
It was a temporary suspension.

Where's the racism in your posts? I'll let you figure that one out, mostly because I enjoy seeing you stumble around trying to justify your openly racist attitude.
1821 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 7th, 2009, 02:13 PM   #142
Istanbullu
Made in Turkey

Likes (Received): 159

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1821 View Post
Yeah I wonder who reactivated my account. I must be a secret admin. Or maybe this is a secret account for the admins to use to annoy people like you.
It was a temporary suspension.

Where's the racism in your posts? I'll let you figure that one out, mostly because I enjoy seeing you stumble around trying to justify your openly racist attitude.
You are talking a lot of crap as usual. My openly racist attitude? Where is that?

brig: temporary suspension
ban: permanent suspension

you were banned.. but it's ok.. just try to last longer this time..
Istanbullu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2009, 03:06 PM   #143
WhiteMagick
Moderator - Επιτηρητής

Quote:
Feel free to brag about the achievements of Greece. Once again it's just that I don't and will never agree with you when you say 'we created democracy' and same sort of claims.
Instabullu I proposed that we made a friendly exchange of the achievements of modern Greece and Turkey in an effort to bridge the gaps of misunderstanding and promote a wider knoweledge and understanding between our civilizations and cultures and this is the answer you give me? How very UNcivilized! Your behaviour is immature, nationalist, racist and insulting for modern day Turks!

I strongly propose that you get both an education and a life. Grow up.

如果希腊国民继续信阴谋论,外资救世主的,不为自己的行为负责, 他们会灭亡。

人は何かの犠牲なしに何も得ることはできない。何かを得るためには同等の代価が必要になる。それが、生活における等価交換の原則だ。その頃僕らは、それが世界の真実だと信じていた。時間は、最も貴重な資源である。だから、誰の時間もあなたは無駄にしてはいけないし、誰もが他の人の時間を無駄にしないでください。
WhiteMagick no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2009, 03:16 PM   #144
BANNED

Quote:
You are talking a lot of crap as usual. My openly racist attitude? Where is that?

brig: temporary suspension
ban: permanent suspension

you were banned.. but it's ok.. just try to last longer this time..
No, the one talking a lot of crap as usual is you, and always has been you.
Every time a topic regarding Greece on any sub-issue comes up, you are there instantly spewing your hatred and racist beliefs.
Old May 7th, 2009, 04:03 PM   #145
D34511
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Tell that to your friend leafs..

Greek architect Sinan..
Although definitely Ottoman, one can not dispute Sinan's Greek heritage.

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/545603/Sinan
D34511 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2009, 04:37 PM   #146
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by D34511 View Post
Although definitely Ottoman, one can not dispute Sinan's Greek heritage.

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/545603/Sinan
Don't pay too much attention to istanbullu, he likes to deny everything that is Greek is actually Greek.
Inferiority complex they call it I believe.
Old May 7th, 2009, 04:59 PM   #147
Cerises
99% Angel

Likes (Received): 371

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1821 View Post
Don't pay too much attention to istanbullu, he likes to deny everything that is Greek is actually Greek.
Inferiority complex they call it I believe.
That's how he rolls!
Old May 7th, 2009, 06:04 PM   #148
Jünyus Brütüs
Awesome User

Likes (Received): 106

LOL this thread is from 2006
Jünyus Brütüs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2009, 06:51 PM   #149
LEAFS FANATIC
Μολών λαβέ

Likes (Received): 1360

Quote:
BWHAHAHAHAAHA!!

Sinan was a muslim Ottoman Turk with Armenian ethnicity - not Greek. and you know that. He was educated by the empire.

It really must be hard to be Greek. You modern Greeks obviously can not be proud of your cities etc. and try to take credit with ridiculous claims..

It's sad man..

YAWWWWWNNNNN....

http://www.greatbuildings.com/architects/Sinan.html

Quote:

Sinan
(b. Anatolia, Turkey 1489; d. Istanbul, Turkey 1588)

Mimar Koca Sinan, the "Great Architect Sinan", was born of Greek Christian parents in Anatolia, Turkey in 1489. Drafted as a soldier into the Ottoman royal house in 1512, he quickly advanced from calvary officer to construction officer. As construction officer he built bridges and fortifications. In 1538 he was appointed Architect of the Abode of Felicity.
LEAFS FANATIC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2009, 07:11 PM   #150
Jünyus Brütüs
Awesome User

Just a question;

Fatih's mother was Greek too, so do you consider him as a great leader of your nation? He conquered the Constantinople which was impossible to conquer.

Hmm Well...You need to have very good education, intellectual personality and objective aspect to talk about history. Seriosly none of the forumers have these specialities here. I advice all of you to talk about some basic stuff like partying or drinking... You guys are too basic to talk about history and it's facts

PS. large and bold fonts don't make you any more sophisticated
Old May 7th, 2009, 08:39 PM   #151
LEAFS FANATIC
Μολών λαβέ

Likes (Received): 1360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jünyus Brütüs View Post
PS. large and bold fonts don't make you any more sophisticated

Ordinarily, I would agree, BUT, we are dealing with Istanbullu...a simple creature with stubborn tendencies. No matter how many times you show him proof of something he will deny it, especially if it has something to do with Greece.

And yes, someone born to Greek parents IS GREEK....no matter where that person is born, under what "regime" they are born in, whether they are slaves or free, educated or ignorant...

Let me ask you something: Let's say your parents were travelling while your mother was pregnant with you and they were caught up in some civil war in some African country (let's say Sudan; again, this is simply an example). Your mother then gives birth and you happen to be born in Sudan. They cannot escape and you end up living your first 15 years in Sudan. Despite this, ARE YOU STILL NOT A TURK?

Come on man. Who are you guys trying to fool? Sinan WAS BORN TO GREEK CHRISTIAN PARENTS. I don't care where they were born, or the fact that the Ottoman Empire ruled the region at this time. These thing are inconsequential. What were his parents? GREEK. It doesn't matter if he was born in the confines of the Ottoman Empire, Egypt, Iran, Pakistan, the Spanish Empire, WHATEVER...He is Greek...Why can't you Turks understand this concept?

Do the Spaniards deny that the genius artist El Greco was not Greek? Grow up guys. Your insecurities are a sign of immaturity and weakness!
LEAFS FANATIC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2009, 12:33 AM   #152
nurhak

Likes (Received): 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFS FANATIC View Post
And yes, someone born to Greek parents IS GREEK....no matter where that person is born
so half anatolia is greek and armenian? maybe my grandfathers grandfather was of greek descent then his sons are greek too so me too? naaah i dont think so
nurhak no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2009, 02:16 AM   #153
WhiteMagick
Moderator - Επιτηρητής

I guess not because their kids didn't speak Greek as a mother language and were raised under the notion of being Turks. In the case of Sinan he was drafted at the age of 23 which is old enough for him to know his ethnicity and speak greek as a mother language.

人は何かの犠牲なしに何も得ることはできない。何かを得るためには同等の代価が必要になる。それが、生活における等価交換の原則だ。その頃僕らは、それが世界の真実だと信じていた。時間は、最も貴重な資源である。だから、誰の時間もあなたは無駄にしてはいけないし、誰もが他の人の時間を無駄にしないでください。
Old May 8th, 2009, 01:48 PM   #154
Jünyus Brütüs
Awesome User

Firstly Sinan was a volunteer in Ottoman army and served in janissary corp. He was originally from Kayseri but he travelled to Istanbul when he decided to become a Turkish soldier.(Turkish was his mothertongue too since Turkish was lingua franca) He fought in Egypt in Selim the Brave's army later he fought in Rhodes against Greeks and in Belgrad against Slavs. He became an architect when he was 40 years old. He studied Turkish architecture technics and served as a proud Turk.

Actually I don't care his ethnicity no matter his parents were Armenian or Greek. If he stayed with his family he would be just an uneducated villager man. But he decided to move Istanbul and became a proud Turk/Ottoman. That's why he is a great, worldwide known architect. His parents have nothing to do with his career.
Old May 8th, 2009, 02:17 PM   #155
arxeos

Likes (Received): 310

Personally if he was muslim and a happy ottoman i would never consider him greek i dont give a crap what his ancestors where , but the funny part is when Junyus said :

If he stayed with his family he would be just an uneducated villager man. But he decided to move Istanbul and became a proud Turk/Ottoman.

that was pure comedy

and here you have some turkish architecture
image hosted on flickr
Old May 8th, 2009, 02:43 PM   #156
Jünyus Brütüs
Awesome User

your post doesn't make any sense, I advice you to visit previous page to see some 'kick-ass' architecture
Old May 8th, 2009, 03:22 PM   #157
Wazzup
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Well many dont know Taj Mahal was designed by the pupils of Sinan (Mehmet İsa Efendi and Mehmet İsmail Efendi)
Wazzup no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2009, 03:28 PM   #158
Wazzup
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Firstly Sinan was a volunteer in Ottoman army decided to move Istanbul and became a proud Turk/Ottoman. That's why he is a great, worldwide known architect. His parents have nothing to do with his career.
Yes Sinan was a muslim and proud Ottoman who served for the Empire.In the first period of the Ottoman Empire Sinan´s work and influence in architecture was dominant.Later in the neoclassic period of Istanbul armenian architects like Dalyan family/Alexandre Vallaury etc ( who were sent to France in art schools by the Empire ) were dominant.
Wazzup no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2009, 03:34 PM   #159
WhiteMagick
Moderator - Επιτηρητής

Quote:
Turkish was his mothertongue too since Turkish was lingua franca)
What? So since English is now the lingua franca of the world does that mean it is my or your mother language? Hindi and English are the linguas francas of India. Does that eliminate the other 4000 idioms of India? China has Mandarin Chinese as it's lingua franca. Does that make everyone's mother tongue Mandarin Chinese? No. Seriously. This argument is severely flawed and you have no idea about what is a mother language. If this Sinan had Armenian-speaking or Greek-speaking parents his mother language would be Armenian or Greek, not Ottoman Turkish. Especially since he was 23 years old when his career in the Ottoman governance began.

Quote:
If he stayed with his family he would be just an uneducated villager man. But he decided to move Istanbul and became a proud Turk/Ottoman. That's why he is a great, worldwide known architect. His parents have nothing to do with his career.
He didn't volunteer or decide to go to Instabul suddenly; he was drafted by the Janisarries. His father was a carpenter manson by whom he became a trainee before his drafting which at time was some very good education. His ancestry has a lot to do with his career because he used the Byzantine Architecture as a model for his works.

And by the way I am not arguing that he is Greek, Armenian or Ottoman Turk. I'm just saying your claims are flawed and inaccurate.

Last edited by WhiteMagick; May 8th, 2009 at 03:47 PM.
Old May 8th, 2009, 04:00 PM   #160
Jünyus Brütüs
Awesome User

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMagick View Post
What? So since English is now the lingua franca of the world does that mean it is my or your mother language? Hindi and English are the linguas francas of India. Does that eliminate the other 4000 idioms of India? China has Mandarin Chinese as it's lingua franca. Does that make everyone's mother tongue Mandarin Chinese? No. Seriously. This argument is severely flawed and you have no idea about what is a mother language. If this Sinan had Armenian-speaking or Greek-speaking parents his mother language would be Armenian or Greek, not Ottoman Turkish. Especially since he was 23 years old when his career in the Ottoman governance began.
Mother tongue is the language a human being learns from birth. Most of the Anatolia was bilingual back in those times.

Quote:
He didn't volunteer or decide to go to Instabul suddenly; he was drafted by the Janisarries. His father was a carpenter manson by whom he became a trainee before his drafting which at time was some very good education.
He was volunteer since nonmuslims were not allowed in Ottoman army. A 23 years old nonmuslim was really unacceptable in the army unlike if he became muslim voluntarily. Ottomans were taken small children, not 23 years old adults.

Quote:
His ancestry has a lot to do with his career because he used the Byzantine Architecture as a model for his works.
I don't think there were any Byzantine examples in Kayseri. Byzantine churches were model for Ottoman mosques long time before Sinan.

Tags
classic europe