daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 13th, 2006, 12:30 PM   #1
Naga_Solidus

Likes (Received): 3

ANNOUNCED:Lanco Hills, 1x90F + 16x30F, Hyderabad, India (RENDERS)

This was originally posted in the Indian forums by Jai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jai
Information and renderings from the website of Lanco Group's Lanco Hills Project. Thanks for the link harry0707!

A one-of-a-kind integrated township

Welcome to a world of international class. Welcome to a world of convenience. Welcome to a world of freedom. And of perfection. Welcome to a new world.

Presenting Lanco Hills, Hyderabad - a 100 acres of sustained knowledge ecosystem that will rank among the best townships in the world. Designed to create a city of the future, Lanco Hills integrates all the functions and facilities required for modern day living.

LANCO Hills, Hyderabad is a unique project being developed by the Lanco Group. It is one of the largest mixed developments in India at over 18 million sq. ft. With an investment of over US $ 1 billion, Lanco Hills, Hyderabad integrates international standard work spheres, ultra modern living spaces, extraordinary entertainment, commercial and retail districts with every conceivable amenity for a great life.

LANCO Hills, Hyderabad will become a landmark in India, with its high rise residential towers, office towers, service apartments, hotels, a mall and one of the largest recreation zones. Another unique feature at Lanco Hills, Hyderabad is its 90 level residential tower - one of the tallest buildings in India!

So get ready to witness a fresh idea for an all new world.

----=----

Experience the unique ‘walk to work’ concept

* 12 towers of 15-20 levels with various floor plans and sizes
* Ideal for IT & ITES enterprises
* Part of an exclusive ‘knowledge corridor’ being promoted by the Government of Andhra Pradesh, India
* Superior technology facilities plus uninterrupted power supply
* Integrated high-tech security and high speed elevators

----=----

Stay in a 5-star residence

* A super structure of 90 levels, the tallest in India
* 16 residential towers of up to 30 levels high
* Each tower equipped with the best amenities like children’s parks, high speed elevators, high-tech security, piped gas, central air-conditioning etc.
* Graveled pathways, jogging tracks, sand pits, water bodies and superb landscaping

----=----

Enjoy one of the largest shopping and recreation zones

* 4 level mall structure with a 2 million sq. ft. mall and a 3 level covered parking
* A commercial complex with several retail and business outlets
* Recreation zone with a 12 screen multiplex and a 22 acre lake
* Service apartments and two international hotels - 5-star and 4-star
* India’s tallest residential tower

What do I have to say? Well, for one, I'm glad that Hyderabad is FINALLY set to get some sort of skyline (thank god). This may set off a highrise race on the subcontinent (hopefully). It's a great start, but IMO the signature tower should be a little more distinctive (the one in the render reminds me of a cross between Q1 and 2 IFC).

I hope it goes through and doesn't get canned or anything.

More info:

http://www.lancogroup.com/images/lancohills.pdf

Sponsored Links
Old June 13th, 2006, 06:50 PM   #2
magestom

Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jai
Meanwhile...

Hyderabad is planning a huge new CBD that will include skysrcapers. Go Hyd!

State to get its own twin towers soon
K V Ramana
[ Wednesday, June 07, 2006 01:46:01 amTIMES NEWS NETWORK ]

HYDERABAD: Kuala Lumpur has its Petronas Tower and Chicago its Sears. Now, the government intends to put Andhra Pradesh on the world's skyscraper map.

Plans are afoot to build two 60-floor towers at Manchirevula in Rajendranagar mandal on about 100 acres, which is expected to house corporates.

Though much shorter than the world's tallest buildings — Taiwan's Taipei 101 (101 floors, 1,670 ft), Petronas Tower (88 floors, 1,483 ft) and Sears Tower (110 floors, 1,450 ft — the proposed twin buildings with 60 floors would be the tallest in the state.

Over 20 companies have responded to Andhra Pradesh Industrial and Investment Corporation's (APIIC) tender calling for bids. Most of the bidders are real estate and construction majors with global exposure and includes the Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group and Emaar.

"Both these companies are participating jointly with their partners," an official source said. The twin-tower project is part of the government's broader plan to develop the surroundings of the upcoming international Shamshabad airport with facilities to suit the requirements of corporate houses.

The focus is to project Hyderabad as a hi-tech city on the move. "We need to focus on building structures in the vicinity of airport because of the spin-off effects. The international airport is expected to bring in millions of foreign tourists and visitors and we want everyone of them to see the skyscrapers," a high-level source said.

Apart from the multi-storied structure, the 100-acre campus would also have facilities for recreation and shopping. "It's going to be a business district and all other existing structures like the Hi-Tec City would fade away once it comes up," he said.

Hyderabad gets this too
magestom no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2006, 02:02 AM   #3
Nightsky
Illustrator

Likes (Received): 3702

Has this something to do with the once vision/proposed Hyderabad skyscraper called Obelisk?
Any bigger renderings on the 90 floors bldg available?

Website about my travels and buildings in USA and Europe -many cool pics:
http://www.worldtravelimages.net

All my diagram drawings - more than 700!:
http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?14670510
Nightsky no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2006, 05:03 AM   #4
Jai
ॐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः

Location: Haleiwa, Oahu, HI :. Waianae, Oahu, HI :. DETROIT, MI
Likes (Received): 79

NS,

I'm guessing Obelisk is a proposed tower for the CBD, which this project is not part of (though it is close by). I've first heard about plans for commercial skyscrapers in the CBD about 2 1/2 ys ago, when the rendering for the Obelisk, a commerical building, came out. I'm guessing it is still very much a realizable proposal, seeing as the rendering still is listed as a project in the architect's website. And so far, in the 70-odd renderings he had listed on his site with no information, eventually did materialize.

I'm sure in 2 or so years (hopefully sooner), we'll see more information on the proposal.
Jai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2006, 05:36 AM   #5
Jai

Oh, and here is a bigger rendering for you NS:

BTW, I made a couple more diagrams for SSP, that I'll upload soon

Here are some higher res renderings of other buildings in the project:

Cheers,
Jai

Last edited by Jai; June 14th, 2006 at 05:51 AM.
Old June 14th, 2006, 06:25 AM   #6
Jai

As was pointed out in the India forum by spyguy, the rendering is probably old, as it shows only ~65 stories roof, 70 stories spire height.
Old June 14th, 2006, 07:41 AM   #7
Naga_Solidus

Likes (Received): 3

More on Lanco Hills, from The Hindu Buisiness Line...

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/...1202871500.htm

Quote:
Vijayawada , June 11

The Lanco Group has sewn up plans for a mega techno-residential township of 18 million sq ft that would come up in a 100-acre site near here with an investment outlay of about Rs 3,600 crore.

The Lanco group Chairman, Mr L. Madhusudhan Rao, told Business Line that the magnitude of the project was such that this will effectively create a larger capacity than the existing Hitec City area near here, where a majority of the IT companies have set up shop. The project, to be taken up through a strategic partner, would be completed within three years.

Project overview

"We plan to unveil the project in August, and a leading Mumbai-based designer has been roped in for its design. The company expects to tap into other metros following up on their capability to handle infrastructure projects," Mr Rao said. Giving an overview of the mega office-cum-township project named Lanco Hills, Mr Rao said that this would be a mixed development project that will have a built-up space of about 18 million sq ft, featuring top-notch office space, residential facilities and large recreation zones.

The company is planning a 90-storey building, which could potentially be the tallest such structure in the country. Since this comes in a special zone, clearances would be formality, the company said.

With regards to the office space, the company is planning 12 towers each of up to 20 levels that would be custom designed for IT and IT-enabled services (ITES) companies and this would form part of the Knowledge Corridor that the State Government is in the process of developing, he said.

Apart from developing 16 residential towers each of about 30 levels, this project will host a mega mall complex and two hotels - a five-star and a four-star one. The mall will have a built up space of about two million sq ft, with multi-level parking space.

In all, the township will have 7.5-million sq ft. of office space and 8 million sq ft of housing facility in addition to the mall and hotel complexes.
Old June 14th, 2006, 12:04 PM   #8
ab041937
Learning Enthusiast

Likes (Received): 4

There are now about over a dozen projects in India with 60F+ buildings. Great for Hyderabad. It is now on its way to seriously challenge Mumbai as India's skyscraper capital.
"If I were to look over the whole world to find out a country most richly endowed with all the wealth, power and beauty that nature can bestow – in some part a very paradise on earth – I should point to India."

"There is no book in the world that is so thrilling, stirring and inspiring as the Upanishads." (‘Sacred Books of the East’)

- Max Muller, German Scholar
ab041937 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2006, 12:09 PM   #9
Varenukha
London, UK

Likes (Received): 1

Great pics - my first trip to Hyderabad was this April. Fantastic experience, and such an exciting time for the city and for India. Hope to back April 2007 - with the expectation of even more change!
Varenukha no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2006, 10:24 PM   #10
Kashmiri84
BANNED

Likes (Received): 11

Some of those pictures are of projects in Saudi Arabia, but something on the same scale would def. be nice!
Kashmiri84 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2006, 11:57 PM   #11
Jai

Which pictures?