daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Africa > North Africa > Maroc > Infrastructures & Mobility projects > Aviation & Airports > Airlines

Old April 30th, 2008, 09:33 PM   #101
Chamal nr. 1

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mista_a.b View Post
The 767 will leave the fleet as soon as the 787 arrives as they are leased through GECAS. Aslo the 757s are as old as me and need to go soon because they are beginning to draw the wrong sort of attention to their high number of cycles. That being said i think its the most beautiful aircraft in the RAM fleet. But like I said before about african routes, it would be better if they used the 787 on these routes.
yes you a right about that but i miss some airbus fleets in AT they could use some A330's and maybe some A320's for their african destinations.
Chamal nr. 1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old April 30th, 2008, 10:23 PM   #102
mista_a.b

Quote:
mista a.b i totally agree in most of your things but i the reason why KLM dose not fly AMS-CMN is because they couldnt compete with royal air maroc and since they made flying blue with air france they just codeshare with them. but i knows that BA was always full booked to TNG and RAK so i think that they will get them back! and i myself flyed with them a lot of times and there where never one seat empty!
I agree I was never on an empty flight between the uk and morocco and Ive been several times on AT and BA as well as ryanair once. I also travelled during non-peak times such as november. The planes were always full.
mista_a.b no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2008, 10:33 PM   #103
Chamal nr. 1

Quote:
I agree I was never on an empty flight between the uk and morocco and Ive been several times on AT and BA as well as ryanair once. I also travelled during non-peak times such as november. The planes were always full.
i have also heard that AF whould begin to fly directly from Paris to TNG im not sure if it was CDG or ORY i hope it whould be CDG!
but it will first begin in 2009 i just dont know when??
Old April 30th, 2008, 10:36 PM   #104
Chamal nr. 1

mista_a.b
do you know anything about if AT whould join OneWorld?
Old May 1st, 2008, 01:26 PM   #105
Yazoo

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamal nr. 1 View Post
I have heard some rumors about royal air maroc whould like to add sydney as a future destination and that they will order new aircrafts they where talking about the b777 or maybe the A380!
I'm not sure where you have heard such a rumour, but I wouldn't take it seriously
Yazoo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2008, 01:31 PM   #106
Yazoo

Quote:
i think its great that they will add more destinations maybe you are right about they shouldn't use the 787 for that, and i dont think they will either. maybe it whould be better to use the 757 or the 767 for that because if they chose to fly CMN-NDR-TXL it whould be a good selution.

but i hope that they will add more african destionations! it will be a good investmen for them maybe it whould be great with nairobi, capetown or johannesburg!
AT used to fly to JNB up until 2000 if i recall correctly. It has been reported that the only reason they dont fly there now is because of the lack of adequate equipment , hence the route will most likely resume once the 787s come in service

Nairobi would make perfect sense especially for connections to North America, CMN is precisely on the path from NBO to JFK:

http://gc.kls2.com/cgi-bin/gc?PATH=n...avy&MAP-STYLE=
Old May 1st, 2008, 01:38 PM   #107
Chamal nr. 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazoo View Post
I'm not sure where you have heard such a rumour, but I wouldn't take it seriously
actully it was a man working close with AT in amsterdam who said it, but its an insider information wich they are still considering. I dont know if its true but it wjould be great!

Last edited by Chamal nr. 1; May 1st, 2008 at 01:46 PM.
Old May 1st, 2008, 01:44 PM   #108
Chamal nr. 1

Quote:
AT used to fly to JNB up until 2000 if i recall correctly. It has been reported that the only reason they dont fly there now is because of the lack of adequate equipment , hence the route will most likely resume once the 787s come in service

Nairobi would make perfect sense especially for connections to North America, CMN is precisely on the path from NBO to JFK:

http://gc.kls2.com/cgi-bin/gc?PATH=n...avy&MAP-STYLE=
I hope that AT whould add more african destinations such as lagos, mogadishu, nairobi, Durban, Johannesburg and capetown. They need some southwest african destinations!

they should fit with the north american and european flight so you can use CMN as a major transfer hub!

but i also thinks that, that is the plan for AT its just a matter of time.

Last edited by Chamal nr. 1; May 1st, 2008 at 01:49 PM.
Old May 1st, 2008, 01:47 PM   #109
Yazoo

Quote:
I hope that AT whould add more african destinations such as lagos, mogadishu, nairobi, Durban, Johannesburg and capetown. They need some southwest african destinations!

they should fit with the north american and european flight so you can use CMN as a major transfer hub!

but i also thinks that, that is the plan for AT its just matter of time.
Lagos starts May 29 (3x weekly)

Mogadishu ?!? dont think there is even an airport there
Old May 1st, 2008, 01:52 PM   #110
Chamal nr. 1

Quote:
Lagos starts May 29 (3x weekly)

Mogadishu ?!? dont think there is even an airport there
belive me yazoo there is hehe... but it whould be deficult because of the problems they got right now... hehe
Old May 1st, 2008, 01:54 PM   #111
Chamal nr. 1

what about ethiopia og nigeria do you know if they got any service to those coutrys yet?
Old May 1st, 2008, 01:57 PM   #112
Yazoo

Quote:
what about ethiopia og nigeria do you know if they got any service to those coutrys yet?
Ethiopia at the moment No, but Nigeria yes, as mentionned above, RAM will fly to Lagos starting May 29. Kano is planned as well but for not official yet.

I think also N'djamena is planned in 2009
Old May 1st, 2008, 02:01 PM   #113
Chamal nr. 1

Quote:
Ethiopia at the moment No, but Nigeria yes, as mentionned above, RAM will fly to Lagos starting May 29. Kano is planned as well but for not official yet.

oh i didnt mean Nigeria i mean sudan are they not gonna get that?
Old May 1st, 2008, 02:03 PM   #114
Yazoo

Quote:
oh i didnt mean Nigeria i mean sudan are they not gonna get that?
I dont think anything has been said about RAM flying to Khartoum unfortunately
Old May 1st, 2008, 02:08 PM   #115
Chamal nr. 1

Quote:
I dont think anything has been said about RAM flying to Khartoum unfortunately
but do you have any idea about wich destination they will add in the future wich is not on their route map?
Old May 1st, 2008, 02:46 PM   #116
mista_a.b

Quote:
mista_a.b
do you know anything about if AT whould join OneWorld?
I have no idea, sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazoo

I thought they already started lagos (along with kinshasa) last month.
mista_a.b no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2008, 03:02 PM   #117
Yazoo

Quote:
I thought they already started lagos (along with kinshasa) last month.
No they havent, amadeus shows June 1st as the first flight
Old May 1st, 2008, 07:32 PM   #118
Chamal nr. 1

Hey i have heard that regional airlines whould be run't by air arabia.
and they will order 50 new planes but they dont know if it whould be A320 og B737-800
if its true i think it whould be the A320 (and i hope so) because thats the planes wich air arabia use's...

and why whould they use rabat as the hub that's crazy i whould use tanger since there is more trafic and since people from rabat can fly to casa insted!
and since royal air maroc and jet4you use cmn as their hub and atlas blue use's RAK.
Then it whould be good for Regional Airlines to use Tanger or maybe Agadir! But not Rabat!

but i thinks that Tanger whould be better since its a big city and since people in tetouan also use's it!

but dos any body know some thing about this?

Last edited by Chamal nr. 1; May 8th, 2008 at 02:00 PM.
Old May 8th, 2008, 12:38 PM   #119
Yazoo

RAM : la hausse du prix du pétrole menace les résultats
(8/5/2008)

Royal Air Maroc a terminé l’année 2007 avec des résultats en ligne avec la tendance enregistrée durant les dernières années. Pour 2008, les nouveaux records du prix du pétrole menacent les résultats de la compagnie.

Pour Royal Air Maroc, l’année 2007 a été marquée par l’intensification de la concurrence, une forte pression sur les prix et un niveau élevé du coût du carburant. Dans ce contexte, la compagnie a poursuivi sa croissance, maintenu ses équilibres économiques et sa compétitivité sur les marchés.

Le Groupe RAM (RAM et Atlas Blue) a réalisé une hausse de 15% de son activité avec un trafic qui a atteint 6 334 385 passagers transportés, répartis comme suit :

RAM : 4,9 millions de passagers
Atlas Blue : 1,4 million de passagers

Le trafic régulier international de Royal Air Maroc a progressé de 17% en 2007 et la plupart des marchés de la compagnie ont enregistré des hausses d’activité à deux chiffres :

Moyens courrier :
L’Europe : +17,9%
France : +17,3%

Long courrier :
Amérique du Nord : +10,5%
Moyen Orient : : +23%
Afrique : +26,5%

Lignes Intérieures : +12,6%

Le trafic d’Atlas Blue a progressé de 55% avec 1381 488 passagers transportés.

L’activité du Hub Casablanca en tant qu’aéroport de correspondance basé essentiellement sur le flux de correspondance entre les marchés Afrique –Europe – Maghreb - Amérique du Nord, a enregistré un taux de connectivité de 33% en 2007. Ce taux était de 5% en 2001.

Au niveau des résultats financiers, le chiffre d’affaires de Royal Air Maroc pour l’année 2007 s’est établi à 11 637 millions de dirhams, en hausse de 9,6% par rapport à 2006. Le résultat net a atteint 111 millions de dirhams.

Le chiffre d’affaires réalisé par Atlas Blue au titre de l’exercice 2006-2007 a atteint 1890 millions de DH, en amélioration de 52,17% par rapport à l’exercice précédent. Ces résultats ont été possibles grâce à la mobilisation de l’ensemble des collaborateurs de Royal Air Maroc, à leur engagement et à leurs efforts quotidiens.

L’impact du prix du carburant

Les premiers mois de l’année 2008 enregistrent une poursuite de la progression de l’activité de Royal Air Maroc sur les différents marchés.

Sur le plan économique, la compagnie fait face depuis le début de l’année en cours, à une envolée exceptionnelle du prix du carburant avion qui a eu un impact fort sur ses charges et a généré une forte hausse de sa facture carburant. Cette flambée du prix du pétrole a aggravé la situation déjà difficile de plusieurs compagnies aériennes à travers le monde.

Entre les six premiers mois de l’exercice 2006-2007 et la même période de l’exercice 2007-2008, Royal Air Maroc a subi une augmentation de plus de 60% du prix du carburant.

Face à cette situation, la compagnie a pris différentes mesures en interne dont, en particulier :

- Le lancement, avec l’assistance de l’IATA, d’un programme visant la baisse de la consommation du carburant, le recours aux couvertures (hedging) : la compagnie a pris la décision depuis le début de l’année de gérer le hedging d’une manière plus dynamique afin de saisir le maximum d’opportunités du marché et à un horizon long terme, le lancement d’un programme de refonte des process à l’échelle du Groupe RAM destiné à améliorer les performances des activités, l’équipement des avions en « Etops » pour réduire le temps de vol, l’installation des « winglets » sur les avions pour réduire la consommation du carburant.

Ces équipements sont aujourd’hui généralisés à tous les avions B737-700 et 800 de la compagnie,l’application d’une surcharge carburant, à l’instar des autres compagnies aériennes. Celle-ci est variable et son montant dépend du trajet. Elle est perçue sur les billets émis par Royal Air Maroc au départ du Maroc ou de l’étranger. Par trajet, la surcharge carburant a été augmentée (à partir du 23 avril 2008), de 65 Dh pour les vols moyen courrier, 145 Dh pour les lignes long courrier et de 40 Dh pour les vols du réseau intérieur de la compagnie. Cette surcharge sera réévaluée en fonction de l’évolution des cours du carburant.
Old May 29th, 2008, 05:16 PM   #120
Chamal nr. 1

In english:

RAM: the rise of the oil price threatens the results
(8/5/2008)

Royal Air Maroc finished the year 2007 with results on line with the tendency recorded during the last years. For 2008, the new records of the oil price threaten the results of the company.

For Royal Air Maroc, the year 2007 was remembered by the intensification of competition, a strong pressure on the prices and an elevated level of the cost of the fuel. In this context, the company continued its growth, maintained its economic equilibrium and its competitiveness on the markets.

Group RAM (RAM and Blue Atlas) carried out a rise of 15% of its activity with a traffic which reached 6.334.385 transported passengers, distributed as follows:

RAM: 4,9 million passengers
Blue atlas: 1,4 million passengers

The international regular traffic of Royal Air Maroc increased by 17% in 2007 and the majority of the markets of the company recorded rises of activity to two digits:
Average mail:

Europe: +17,9%
France: +17,3%

Long mail:
North America: +10,5%
Middle-East: : +23%
Africa: +26,5%
Internal lines: +12,6%

The traffic of Blue Atlas increased by 55% with 1381 488 transported passengers. The activity of Hub Casablanca as an airport of correspondence based primarily on the flow of correspondence between the Africa markets - Europe - the Maghreb - North America, recorded a rate of connectivity of 33% in 2007. This rate was of 5% in 2001.

On the level of the financial results, the turnover of Royal Air Maroc for year 2007 was established to 11.637 million dirhams, in rise of 9,6% compared to 2006. The bottom line reached 111 million dirhams.

The turnover carried out by Atlas Blue with the title of 2006-2007 reached 1890 million DH, in improvement of 52,17% compared to the preceding exercise. These results were possible thanks to the mobilization of the whole of the collaborators of Royal Air Maroc, with their engagement and their daily efforts.

Impact of the price of the fuel.

The first months of year 2008 record a continuation of the progression of the activity of Royal Air Maroc on the various markets.

On the economic plan, the company faces since the beginning of the year in progress, with an exceptional flight of the price of the fuel plane which had a strong impact on its loads and generated a big rise of its invoice containing hydrocarbon. This blaze of the oil price worsened the already difficult situation several airline companies throughout the world.

Between the first six months of 2006-2007 and the same period of 2007-2008, Royal Air Maroc underwent an increase of more than 60% of the price of the fuel.

Vis-a-vis this situation, the company took various in-house measurements of which, in particular:

- Launching, with the assistance of the IATA, of a program aiming at the fall of the consumption of the fuel, the recourse to the covers (hedging): the company made the decision since the beginning of the year to manage the hedging in a more dynamic way in order to seize the maximum of opportunities of the market and at a horizon long run, the launching of a programme of recasting of the processes on a Group RAM scale intended to improve the performances of the activities, the equipment of the planes in “Etops” to reduce the time of flight, the installation of the “winglets” on the planes to reduce the consumption of the fuel.

This equipment is generalized today to all the B737-700 planes and 800 of the company, the application of an overload carburizing, following the example other airline companies. This one is variable and its amount depends on the way. It is perceived on the tickets issued by Royal Air Maroc at the beginning of Morocco or abroad. By way, the overload containing hydrocarbon was increased (from April 23, 2008), of 65 Dh for the flights means mail, 145 Dh for the lines length mail and of 40 Dh for the flights of the interior network of the company. This overload will be revalued according to the evolution of the courses of the fuel.