SkyscraperCity Forum banner

My trips to Poland

31K views 49 replies 31 participants last post by  Urbanista1 
#1 ·
At first i want to thank jacek t83 and sky's the limit for shwoing me Katowice. It was very interesting and i learned very much. Thanks again. :)

I will write more about the meeting when i post the pics from this day.

Now let me begin with day one. Bytom.

There was a big festival in Bytom on that day.

My favorite band. Bangladesh :D

The end of day one. :)

See less See more
#11 ·
wisza90 said:
well do you like poland or do you think it is dirty , ugly country?
I like Poland, it`s a nice country with nice people ;)

@all: Thanks again for the nice comments. :)

The last pics of my visit to Krakow.

The castle in Krakow.

Inside

Outside again

The historic core.

The green ring around the old core.

#12 ·
Very nice little tour -- thanks.
What's with all the old gaffers on crutches in Bytom? Or is it all-the-rage and a fashion statement?

Moze ktos wie: czy te rzezby na rynku w Krakowie to stala czy tymczasowa instalacja. Podobaja mi sie jako-tako, ale troche za bardzo i bez nawiazania z historia Krakowa (dla mnie) wplywaja na charakter miejsca. I jak sie nazywa artysta?

#15 · (Edited)
Sorry about the slight OT, Tom Green, but I got kind of interested about the fate of the sculptures, which you photographed in the Rynek.

Wlasnie Mitoraj. Igor Mtoraj, ktory ma jednak powiazania z Krakowem bo byl studentem Tadeusza Kantora i pierwsza wystawe swoich prac mial w Krystoforach. Wiec dobrze, ze jego praca jest nie tylko na dziedzincu British Museum i temu podobnych peryferiach ale i w Krakowie, ale rownierz dobrze, ze przenosza go z rynku na inna lokacje w Krakowie. Rynek krakowski jest jednym z primo lokacji miejskich na swiecie, i nie trzeba tu nic tak dominujacego dodawac.

#17 ·
I was busy during the last days. Sorry for waiting.
Now i have time again. I need around 1 hour to select, resize, photoshop, upload and post 20 pics.

This is my last full day in Poland.
I met jacek_t83 in Bytom and sky`s the limit in Katowice.
The meeting was interesting, i leaned a lot and i had fun.
I have big respect for the 2 guys. They not only love their city they also proove their love. I will explain this later ;)

I will begin with an overview of Katowice.
Thanks to them i was abel to go to the top of the 83m tall Biurowiec DOKP.

The Biurowiec DOKP

View from the ground

View from the top

The 105m tall Altus

The top of the tower

#18 ·
My last pic of Bytom:

And my last pics of Katowice:

Skyscraper in Katowice.

The oldest skyscraper in Poland. Build in 1932.

Modern architecture in Katowice

An old building in Katowice.

Experimental shots :)

Now something about the meeting.
From left to the right:
sky`s the limit, Tom_Green and jacek_t83

During the meeting i learned alot about the work they do for the city. There current project is the cleaning of an old jewish cementary. They showed me the cementary. I am very thankful because this place is unique and very impressive. I will never forget it.

I really respect what they do. Many people talk only about how they love there city. But if they had do something for there hometown they refuse. Sky`s the limit and jacek_t83 are different. They using there free time and work for free to make the place they love better :applause:

I am sorry that my English is not very good. It`s difficult to describe what i think and how impressed i am.

I hope you enjoyed my thread.

#19 ·
Nice pics of silesian cities. Where are you from, Tom_Green? Will we see pics of your hometown?

#22 ·
#26 ·
Poland is indeed one fantastic country.
Beautiful pictures!
Why didn't you visit Auschwitz, that's so nearby.

#27 ·
I really like ur pics Tom_Green. I was in Cracow /Kraków/, actually i came back home yesterday. I wonder if you think Poland is Ok, or rather ugly country. I know that all say that Poland has beautiful places with beautiful and wonderful people, especially women are beautiful, they say ;), but our country is awful and ugly, in second part, you haven't seen yet. But i wannna hear your opinion ;)

#28 ·
Poland is nice. I like the people and the cities. Bytom is one of the poorest cities in Poland but i still like the city.

I was again in Poland at the beginning of June.
I will start with the Bytom and surrounding daytime pics.

I start with the good weather pics because the first impression is important. :)

Outside of Bytom

#29 ·
Well - I just wachted your pictures once again as I forgot I participated in this thread :D And again, I have to say the are wonderful. Especcialy those of modern and communsit Katowice and those made in a little bit artistic way.

I think it would be better to write number after each picture. It's easier to quote them to say how wonderful particular picture is :)

I love your last pictures form Bytom, the building on the 1st picture is amazing!

And I have a qs. - Why don't you visit other polish cities? Warsaw is wonderful. For sure you'll like Poznań, Szczecin, maybe even Piła :D :cheers: :lol:. There are so many places to visit in Poland.

#30 · (Edited)
Thank you very much :)

Okay i will write a number above the pic.

My grandmother lives near Bytom so i can stay there for free.
But don`t worry. This time i visited Warsaw, too. The pics will just come later. ;)

1.)

2.)

3.)

4.)

5.)

6.)

There was a bigger fight. Police vs hooligans.
7.)

8.)

9.)

10.)

11.)

My HDR pics
12.)

13.)

14.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.