daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 19th, 2006, 10:05 PM   #1
wiki

Likes (Received): 18

NEW ARTIFICIAL ISLAND IN SANTO DOMINGO

THIS IS THE NOVO MUNDO XXIII ARTIFICIAL ISLAND IN SANTO DOMINGO IN THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC , THIS ISLAND WILL BE THE FIRST ONE IN THE LATINAMERICA, WILL HAVE CONVENTIONS CENTERS, CINEMAS, TEATHERS, RESIDENTIAL TOWERS, BUSSINES TOWERS, WILL HAVE THE FIRST SANTO DOMINGO WORLD TRADE CENTER, WILL HAVE A MARINA FOR YATS AND MEGAYATS, WILL HAVE A MOTORIZED WATER SPORTS AREA, MUSEUMS, WILL HAVE THE FIRST SANTO DOMINGO BUSSINES DISTRICT, A BEACH, LUXURIOUS HOTELS, SEVERAL PARKS FOR RECREATION, A CRUISESHIP TERMINAL, A CULTURAL CENTER, LUXURIOUS MANSIONS, WILL HAVE THE MOST BIG AND LUXURIOUS YATCH CLUB IN THE CARIBBEAN AND A WATERFRONT AREA WHERE YOU CAN SEE THE GOURGEOUS SANTO DOMINGO SUNSETS:

SOME RENDERS:

Last edited by wiki; June 19th, 2006 at 10:32 PM.
wiki no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 20th, 2006, 12:15 AM   #2
godblessbotox
la is pritty

Likes (Received): 27

interesting idea... not sure if i dig the cobra hood buildings in the center

me+flickr=joy
godblessbotox no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2006, 02:39 AM   #3
matthewcs

Likes (Received): 2

Why are the roads named after American presidents? To attract US $?, btw, that's not sarcasm, I honestly don't know.
matthewcs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2006, 02:46 AM   #4
The Mad Hatter!!
P.E.C.K CREW

Likes (Received): 631

God dammit, I must say I hate the idea. I can't believe my own country would embark on such a bad project. There trying to hard to be dubai-miami and these projects aren't really going to work. The should work more on cleaning up the capital instead of trying to create little nice islands where they can hide the tourist so they don't see the poverty thats going on in the country.
Furthermore i have a feeling thats this will endup looking ugly,dirty and full of thieves, anyways i guess god luck, i still love my counrty just don't trust the government.
"Architects are pretty much high-class whores. We can turn down projects the way they can turn down some clients, but we've both got to say yes to someone if we want to stay in business"Philip Johnson

Boycott the La forum-Worse forum in SSC
The Mad Hatter!! no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2006, 02:55 AM   #5
godblessbotox
la is pritty

Likes (Received): 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter!!
God dammit, I must say I hate the idea. I can't believe my own country would embark on such a bad project. There trying to hard to be dubai-miami and these projects aren't really going to work. The should work more on cleaning up the capital instead of trying to create little nice islands where they can hide the tourist so they don't see the poverty thats going on in the country.
Furthermore i have a feeling thats this will endup looking ugly,dirty and full of thieves, anyways i guess god luck, i still love my counrty just don't trust the government.
wow

me+flickr=joy
godblessbotox no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2006, 04:41 AM   #6
spyguy
Expert

Likes (Received): 97

Bofill?! Noooo!
spyguy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2006, 05:31 AM   #7
wiki

Likes (Received): 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter!!
i think that you have a bad perception of our goverment they are really trying very hard about getting out some citys of the poornest but this goverment is by far one of the most great that have ever benn trough our country and even latin america i can assure you. with this actual goverment in dominican republic we have the highest economic grow in america in 2005 ahead of economies like usa and canada. and the country is the second economy in centeramerica and the caribbean just behind puerto rico( usa dependient). the country is the five most visited in america and has the biggest tourism invertion in al caribbean centeramerica and several latin countries.
wiki no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2006, 11:55 AM   #8
raymond3000
Citywatch #2 lol j/k

Likes (Received): 7

Yea dominican republic has improved since da macaņema, hipolito left office, u gotta applaud Leonel for his work no matter if he is a comemierda too he has done a waaay better job for dominicana and it is good to see a "black dominican" (yes I said black) running things its about time. This project wil just become another enclave for da claros and white minority group of the country and europeans tourist. This money could be spent on building ore infrastrcture, reparing roads to santiago and la romana, & along the haitian border, also building more schools and hospitals for da poor and children in San pedro de macoris, azua, Puerto Plata, nagua Valverde, monte cristi, jimani, dejabon, villa mella, haina, nizao de bani, juan dolio, boca chica, punta cana. The former really needing the money as more and more women and children are forced to become part of the perverse International Sex
Trade daily. The dominican government needs to stop trying to kiss euro & american azz and take care of the tremendous issues that currently plague the country, they would give some old, fat white euro or american pedofiler access or citizenship before they would some little black haitian, how stupid is that.
raymond3000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2006, 10:33 AM   #9
Venezuelacom

Likes (Received): 44

I really kie this project, it will bring a lot of development to the DR.
Old August 13th, 2006, 12:00 PM   #10
_zner_
Optional Information

Likes (Received): 78

i like the vision for this project. very nice for dominican repblic.
_zner_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2006, 02:18 PM   #11
samsonyuen
SSLL

Likes (Received): 314

That's pretty cool. When is it going to start? Why not just infill land, instead of creating a new island?
samsonyuen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2006, 04:07 PM   #12
DrT
"The Ignorant Fool"

Likes (Received): 49

I thought I saw in the news just about a month ago that this project was turned down because of environmental concerns, etc by the Dominican government. What's the approval status?
I hate to be negative, but I agree with the Mad Hatter. First they need to keep the power on in SD before embarking on these playgrounds for the rich type developments. They already have enough of those in Punta Cana.
DrT no está en línea   Reply With Quote