daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 20th, 2006, 06:41 AM   #1
drmadham

Likes (Received): 1

DAL/DFW | Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex Airports

Anybody have pics for the new terminal at DFW Intl??

I know its really nice and classy, but cant find pics anywhere!!

Sponsored Links
Old June 20th, 2006, 07:22 PM   #2
drmadham

Well i found this exterior image.
Old June 20th, 2006, 07:43 PM   #3
boricuba
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmadham

It seems to me that more Americans like us! need to participate inthis forum there is a very anti american feeling i have found specially between European Forumers which are the majority here!
boricuba no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2006, 07:49 PM   #4
phnzn2

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by boricuba
It seems to me that more Americans like us! need to participate inthis forum there is a very anti american feeling i have found specially between European Forumers which are the majority here!
Another thread ready for the bloodshed !!!!!!!
By the way, boricuba, your English is sometimes hard to come through...
phnzn2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2006, 07:52 PM   #5
boricuba
BANNED

PhnZ2

You seem to follow me every were i go please ad to the thread with facts and information about DFW.

I am sorry about my English my first language is Spanish!

I do not know any Vietnamese!
boricuba no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2006, 10:26 PM   #6
Paddington

Likes (Received): 1261

I don't know what the new terminal is like, but I was at DFW in 2002 and I was not impressed by the airport. It was dirty, excessively sprawled out, and too far from the city center.
Paddington no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2006, 08:22 AM   #7
globetrekker

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmadham

<B>Hey there. I have pictures, but I don't know how to post them in here. If someone can help me out, I can <I>attempt</I> to successuflly post them for you.</B>
globetrekker no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2006, 12:44 PM   #8
rantanamo

Likes (Received): 353

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddington
I don't know what the new terminal is like, but I was at DFW in 2002 and I was not impressed by the airport. It was dirty, excessively sprawled out, and too far from the city center.
Its equidistant from Dallas and fort worth. Considering its the current second largest airport in the world in size, its going to be sprawled out. 2002 was also prior to skylink, which most say has absolutely transformed the airport. If you want to be closer to inner city Dallas, you need Love Field.

Here are some pics. The interiors are from a pre-opening event. For those unfamiliar with the airport, it basically has 5 semi-circular terminals(possible expansion to 10-15) that are lined up on either side of a central freeway. They are all connected by walkways and Skylink rail system. Physically it is a huge US domestic hub. #2 in size after Denver but soon to be number 3. and #5 in the world in passenger traffic. I believe its #3 in cargo and passenger combined. I'm not sure on that one, but its big. The new terminal is D, and is the designated international terminal as they want to concentrate things more, but its still not used that way. The terminals are each huge and the airport is kind of intimidating to those who must change terminals. Thank goodness for skylink.

Airport aerial

Skylink System(The stations are the big curved structures on top of the terminals)

Terminal D exterior

Interior

geometarkv liked this post
rantanamo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2006, 01:38 AM   #9
jetmty1

Likes (Received): 3049

SUPERB! TERMINAL. WENT THERE ONE YEAR AGO WHEN IT WAS JUST OPEN 1 WEEK BEFORE. AND I WAS TOTALLY IMPRESSED. THE SKYTRAIN MAKES DFW BECOMES A VERY FUN AIRPORT TO SPOT ALL TERMINALS WIDE. JUST GREAT!!!
MOM CONNECT YESTERDAY THERE FROM MEXICO TO MONTREAL AND EVENTHOUGH SHE KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT AIRPORTS OR PLANES, THE FIRST THING SHE TOLD ME "OH THAT NEW TERMINAL ITS AWSOME"

HOPE TO BE THERE AGAIN IN TWO WEEKS. CONNECTING TO TORONTO....

BY THE WAY, WITH ALL THIS NEW TERMINALS. BIG AND MODERN BUILT EVERYWHERE IN MAjOR AIRPORTS, MAINLY WITH MATERILAS LIKE MARBLE AND STEEL.(MADRID FOR EXAMPLE) DONT YOU BEING TO MISS. SMALLER BUT MORE "COMFY" TERMINALS WITH MORE CARPET, WOOD, PLANTS ETC?????

VANCOUVER I.T ITS A GOOD EXAMPLE OF WHAT AM TALKING ABOUT.
Old July 3rd, 2006, 02:59 AM   #10
FM 2258

Likes (Received): 612

I love the SkyLink system. I don't know how the airport functioned without it. It gives you such an awesome view of the planes and the airfield.
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2006, 03:41 AM   #11
Nick in Atlanta

Likes (Received): 5

The copyrighted airliners.net photo above of Terminal D looks great. I'm sure you got Matt McDowell's permission to use his photo before you posted it.

Anyway, Terminal D is a beautiful terminal. I thought that AA was going to transfer all its international flights over to it as soon as it opened, but I'm not sure they have. Hopefully the Euro airlines have transferred over there too.

I keep hearing rumors that Australia's Qantas may start a nonstop flight from Sydney to DFW in the not too distant future. Let's hope so!!
Nick in Atlanta no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2006, 09:25 PM   #12
Rail Claimore

Likes (Received): 14

That new terminal is NICE. We need more terminals like that in this country. I'm hoping ATL's new international terminal will turn out to be just as nice if not nicer.
Rail Claimore no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2006, 04:46 AM   #13
Nick in Atlanta

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rail Claimore
That new terminal is NICE. We need more terminals like that in this country. I'm hoping ATL's new international terminal will turn out to be just as nice if not nicer.
Right now ATL's management is saying that the addition to the international concourse will be done by 2012 at the earliest.

Does anyone know if DFW and Terminal D specifically are A380 compatible?
Nick in Atlanta no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2006, 07:47 AM   #14
The Cebuano Exultor
Seeking Affiliation

Likes (Received): 21

Airport Terminals in America

Nice terminal! I like the exterior very much. It could have better color schemes for the interior's flooring, though. The floor schemes with the diamond and clouds is extremely tacky for my taste.

What baffles me, though, is how the world's wealthiest country can only come up with few beautiful terminals like this. Yes, I know American airports are older than Asian airports, but come on! Airports in Europe are equally old, if not older, but managed to modernize their terminals so that they look as modern as those spankingly-new Asian ones. (Major Asian airport terminals are, probably, the most aesthetic among these three regions. )

I hope, the United States will improve most of their airport terminals not only in terms of aesthetics but also in terms of passenger comfort, luxury, and functionality like those Asian and European air hubs.
Old July 4th, 2006, 01:14 PM   #15
xDieselJockx

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cebuano Exultor
Nice terminal! I like the exterior very much. It could have better color schemes for the interior's flooring, though. The floor schemes with the diamond and clouds is extremely tacky for my taste.

What baffles me, though, is how the world's wealthiest country can only come up with few beautiful terminals like this. Yes, I know American airports are older than Asian airports, but come on! Airports in Europe are equally old, if not older, but managed to modernize their terminals so that they look as modern as those spankingly-new Asian ones. (Major Asian airport terminals are, probably, the most aesthetic among these three regions. )

I hope, the United States will improve most of their airport terminals not only in terms of aesthetics but also in terms of passenger comfort, luxury, and functionality like those Asian and European air hubs.
You're just a hard marker are ya? Too concern about the superficialities as modern look ,aesthetics, color schemes and such.

Exactly, how do you want our airports to be comfortable and luxurious? It's a friggin airport not a hotel or resort hotel, sheesh, how can one be comfy in an airport with more than 50 millions pax a year or so total. there are trams that serves the connections and walkalators. what else do you want? bed and bath in the waiting area? Now, for the 1st class and business class amenities, that's a different story.
xDieselJockx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2006, 01:06 AM   #16
Rail Claimore

Likes (Received): 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cebuano Exultor

Uh, American airports are older than most European airports too. North America was the first part of the world to have such a huge commercial air traffic system. Europe followed soon after.

Some of our major airports are only now undergoing expansion or rennovation, such as ORD, ATL, DFW, and JFK. SFO has a nice new international terminal as well. I don't know what the deal is with LAX though.
Rail Claimore no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2006, 05:38 AM   #17
The Cebuano Exultor
Seeking Affiliation

Likes (Received): 21

@ xDieselJockx

Dude, I was trying to make a positive suggestion. If U.S. airports can be made to be resort-like (i.e. Singapore Changi Airport--30 million annual passengers) why not?! Look, I was just hoping that U.S. airports could have had been modernized (in every sense of the word). But I was not forcing this on America...just hoping. It's all good man.

Cheers.
Old July 5th, 2006, 06:47 AM   #18
harsh1802
MAVerick

Likes (Received): 102

DFW is one the best airports i've seen.

I luv it.....

Hyderabad Cityscapes

"We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." - Richard Dawkins
harsh1802 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2006, 08:45 AM   #19
I-275westcoastfl

Likes (Received): 790

The size is impressive and it looks ok because i went to Tampa International Airport one of the best airports in the nation so many times.
I-275westcoastfl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2006, 09:48 AM   #20
drmadham

nice...

thanks for the pics

Tags
dallas, northamerica airport hubs, texas, us airports