daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 29th, 2006, 01:28 AM   #181
malec
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Likes (Received): 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy
Again, what might seem to be floors from the render right on top are actually not floors but smartly integrated into the spire... nothing but concrete
steel
malec no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 29th, 2006, 01:30 AM   #182
CULWULLA

Likes (Received): 10143

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyperu34
a question: Has Burj Dubai finally reached 200 meters high???
not yet! currently at lev50 or 190m.
this render from STR shows you where it is about. see lev53/206m level, so just below that.

guys- yes i know i keep saying spire, but i should say the uninhabitable structure above lev 161.lol

cheers
Old June 30th, 2006, 12:14 AM   #183
megatower
BANNED

Likes (Received): 34

I HAVE BIG NEWS
ok i e-mailed a enginner who's in charge of burj dubai. i asked him some qeastions on the tower. and then he e-mailed me back and he gave me a plan layout.
it says
*podium: 5 level
*wings: 142 level
* core: level:162
now get this after it sayed (level 162) it sayed the last floor level is 760 meters tall but it didint say how tall the spire is tho.
megatower no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2006, 12:27 AM   #184
Pearl of the Gulf

Likes (Received): 2

well if this person you e-mail is legitimate then the 808m height isn’t realistic anymore. the spire of a tower this size can’t be only 48 meters.
Pearl of the Gulf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2006, 12:35 AM   #185
Brad
voyageur

Likes (Received): 4163

Quote:
Originally Posted by megatower
I HAVE BIG NEWS
now get this after it sayed (level 162) it sayed the last floor level is 760 .
Are you sure 162 level is 760?
Brad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2006, 12:50 AM   #186
LSyd
Megalomaniac

Likes (Received): 524

insane!!! i love it.

-

- gleegieboy
LSyd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2006, 01:38 AM   #187
www.sercan.de
Galatasaray SK

Likes (Received): 2719

Quote:
I HAVE BIG NEWS
ok i e-mailed a enginner who's in charge of burj dubai. i asked him some qeastions on the tower. and then he e-mailed me back and he gave me a plan layout.
it says
now get this after it sayed (level 162) it sayed the last floor level is 760 meters tall but it didint say how tall the spire is tho.
yan you copy and post the mail to here?

ULEB Eurocup (1): 2016

FIBA EuroLeague Women (1): 2014
FIBA EuroCup Women (1): 2009

IWBF Champions Cup (5): 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2014
IWBF André Vergauwen Cup (1): 2017
IWBF Intercontinental Cup (4): 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012

EJU Golden League (1): 2014
www.sercan.de no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2006, 06:07 AM   #188
CULWULLA

Likes (Received): 10143

sounds like a bit of confusion. 160+ floors is definately approx 625m. the spire structure may have interior levels or platforms which rise up the spire which sometimes can be counted as floor levels. the spire will be large enough to contain stair access up atleast 100m which equates to 20-30 or so futher levels.the the thinner structure will rise above that. this is just me questimate.
Old June 30th, 2006, 12:44 PM   #189
vinouz

Likes (Received): 1

Yes but it is possible that the last floors are very spaced, with high roofs. Like 4-5 normal floors. That would make the last floors climb higher, the lift capacity wouldn't need to be raised that much (it is the number of different stops that cost, not the height). Besides all, that would render wonderful spaces.
Imagine being in a small floor with a roof 30 meters above you, at a 700m height. That would make it more church like, give a wonderful, almost divine, tone to the rooms.

And Adrian Smith seems to like this. Look at the Jin Mao tower interior. The hotel part, from floors 53 to 87 (total 88 floors), features a common atrium, going all the way to the top.

vinouz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2006, 01:01 PM   #190
vinouz

And that would make small last floors, with a small spire closing them.

In don't see necessarily a needle-like spire closing it. That's the reason why after the last high-spaced, small-surface floors, a 48m spire seems enough.

But, eh, that doesn't mean that a chrysler-tower-like stunt cannot be added in the end.
Old June 30th, 2006, 01:44 PM   #191
marcobruls

Likes (Received): 1585

<Off topic> STR your a bloody artist,amazing work dude,Those WTC images are incredible.
marcobruls no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2006, 03:18 PM   #192
dettol
Logarithm

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
I HAVE BIG NEWS
it says
I dont buy it. Its all good posting info like that but without a source, a screenshot of the email or some sort of evidence (God knows how you would get it) you havent an ounce of legitamacy. Besides, your posts in the past have left a lot to be desired....

Who did you email? Whats his name? Can Malec, CULWULLA or Krazy email this "Engineer" for verification?
dettol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2006, 04:57 PM   #193
googlepeakoil

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by STR
This isn't an official render is it... it looks almost as good as an official one!
But, one question, does this affect the new taller thinner top section - this affected floors circa 150-160+ didn't it?
In this render there's only 6 or 7 floors before the next setback - in the newer version isn't this more like 8-10 floors?
Is it not possible the floor area will be wider than this at floor 160 under the new design?
That 3rd pic makes that bit look even more like a lighthouse ;-P
googlepeakoil no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2006, 05:00 PM   #194
googlepeakoil

Likes (Received): 0

Have we seen any pictures of the top of a setback wingtip yet? How many wingtips have reached their final height?
googlepeakoil no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2006, 05:02 PM   #195
malec
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Likes (Received): 125

Actually STR's render is better I think
malec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2006, 05:16 PM   #196
matt_sbs

Likes (Received): 5

looking good, that render is done well
Old June 30th, 2006, 06:04 PM   #197
vinouz

Yep. I forgot to thank you STR for such a wonderful model !
Old June 30th, 2006, 09:23 PM   #198
STR
What'u smokin' Willis?

Likes (Received): 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlepeakoil
This isn't an official render is it... it looks almost as good as an official one!
Thanks. It took a lot of work and I'm only now finishing up the work on the tower.

Quote:
In this render there's only 6 or 7 floors before the next setback - in the newer version isn't this more like 8-10 floors?
The part of the tower in the 3rd render wasn't stretched. The spire sections just above 162 were each extended to the equivelent of six 3.5m floors.

Quote:
Is it not possible the floor area will be wider than this at floor 160 under the new design?
No. The width is correct. My method for scaling was as follows:

We know the height of an average floor is 3.5m from floor to floor. Other floors have heights of 4m, 4.5m 5m and the concourse (which will be visible from one side, thus would likely be the zero mark for height) is 7 meters high. So I found a photo of an average floor and used it to calculate that there's a span of 9.5m from shear wall center to shear wall center. Using that I scaled the rest of the building.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinouz
Yes but it is possible that the last floors are very spaced, with high roofs. Like 4-5 normal floors. That would make the last floors climb higher, the lift capacity wouldn't need to be raised that much (it is the number of different stops that cost, not the height). Besides all, that would render wonderful spaces.
There are several 7m high floors at the top of the office section. Above the 140th floor most floors are 4.5m, while below 140, most are 3.5m high. I'm not quite sure which ones were stretched to 7m, and if they were, if they were scaled back in the redesign or something else. So until then, I'm going with the conservative figure.

I highly doubt there will be a large open space like in Jin Mao. The upper floors of BD are VERY small and large portions are taken up by utilities and elevators. The two skylobbies will feature double high parts of the floor.
Old June 30th, 2006, 09:35 PM   #199
STR
What'u smokin' Willis?

Likes (Received): 104

Old June 30th, 2006, 09:53 PM   #200
Nightsky
Illustrator

Likes (Received): 3702

Incredible rendering, STR!
I will definately go to Dubai when this building is completed!

Website about my travels and buildings in USA and Europe -many cool pics:
http://www.worldtravelimages.net

All my diagram drawings - more than 700!:
http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?14670510
Nightsky no está en línea   Reply With Quote