daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 28th, 2006, 01:05 PM   #161
CULWULLA

Likes (Received): 10109

Quote:
Originally Posted by megatower
if the tower is 625meters from the roof which is 161 level. but in a article in gulfnews said(burj dubai is slated to go as high as 200 floors,which was revealed by Abdullah m. bin lahej,director of construction for Emaar properties,developer of the tower. This means the building's height, which remains a well-kept secret, could go well beyond the estimated 750 metres if calculated on the standard height of an average floor. so is going to be 200 floors not 161? and that will mean that the highest floor could possible be over 750 meters
i only have the plans for 161 levels and 705m version. the 161st floor is still 625m but the spire can be extended to over 800m. not sure what to say about 180 or 200 floors quotes? that confuses me.who knows.
btw, cant believe the WTC were only half as high as BurjD. babies.

Sponsored Links
Old June 28th, 2006, 01:56 PM   #162
dettol
Logarithm

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by megatower
if the tower is 625meters from the roof which is 161 level. but in a article in gulfnews said(burj dubai is slated to go as high as 200 floors,which was revealed by Abdullah m. bin lahej,director of construction for Emaar properties,developer of the tower. This means the building's height, which remains a well-kept secret, could go well beyond the estimated 750 metres if calculated on the standard height of an average floor. so is going to be 200 floors not 161? and that will mean that the highest floor could possible be over 750 meters
What is the date of the article? I have no doubt in my mind that BD wont reach the 200f mark. Simply for esthetic reasons it doesnt fit! There still is a possibility as I remember a few months ago it was mentioned that the BD foundations have the potential to support a 900m structure, but in my mind this is not going to be the case. I have my bets firmly placed on 808m.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgh
Does anybody know something about the logistic management on burj dubai construction site?

e.g.
Is there a logistic manager on site?
Have they planned and simulated material flows?
Did they install an automatic material-ID-System for building materials?
Have they a central warehouse-management?
etc.

I´m grateful for any advice!

Greeting SGH
Those are good questions SGH, nice to see someone with a different mindset on the whole thing... makes one think... :P
dettol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2006, 04:15 PM   #163
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6071

BTW, another hint for getting the answers to the questions raised by SGH, is to check the records of PETRONAS TOWERS, especially the Tower 2, since SAMSUNG build that as well.

However I would reply YES to all those questions, even that this is really not the right place to ask them.
AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2006, 04:23 PM   #164
googlepeakoil

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CULWULLA
great str
i got approx 625m to roof. so 630m is in that vicinity.amazing pix. cheers

Technically there is no "roof" to this building... and no spire either. What we have is just highest occupied floor and non-occupied area in a long thin tower. So we should stop talking about a "roof" as it's a completely inaccurate way of describing a building of this shape!

Now - if we believe the articles about the change of height - and all evidence (including latest renders) points to a much higher building with the top third stretched out "significantly" to make it much more slender above circa floor 150.
Now I think we pretty much agree we had a pre-extended height (old render) and articles talking of about 700metres.

Now we have a post-extended height (new render taller top third) in excess of 800 metres.

I'm theorising here that because only the top third has changed significantly the concrete section will STILLl be around 550metres and 150 floors (or whatever they WERE contracted to do).

But now inside this extended steel tip instead of 10 floors to get to floor 160, we're now going to have 30-40 floors above the concrete bit and around 190 total occupied floors! Which I agree sounds crazy. If you look at your render I see the clear floors near the top being the steel occupied flors 150-195 and the darker (in your render) first 150 floors being concrete.

I'll be very suprised if I'm proved wrong about this...
googlepeakoil no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2006, 04:41 PM   #165
malec
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Likes (Received): 125

I doubt it because if you have more floors then you'll need more elevators servicing the top. The extra floors then wouldn't be much use since they're so small anyway and a bit more space would have to be wasted for extra elevators.
malec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2006, 04:47 PM   #166
Wezza
©

Likes (Received): 968

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlepeakoil
Technically there is no "roof" to this building... and no spire either. What we have is just highest occupied floor and non-occupied area in a long thin tower. So we should stop talking about a "roof" as it's a completely inaccurate way of describing a building of this shape!

Now - if we believe the articles about the change of height - and all evidence (including latest renders) points to a much higher building with the top third stretched out "significantly" to make it much more slender above circa floor 150.
Now I think we pretty much agree we had a pre-extended height (old render) and articles talking of about 700metres.

Now we have a post-extended height (new render taller top third) in excess of 800 metres.

I'm theorising here that because only the top third has changed significantly the concrete section will STILLl be around 550metres and 150 floors (or whatever they WERE contracted to do).

But now inside this extended steel tip instead of 10 floors to get to floor 160, we're now going to have 30-40 floors above the concrete bit and around 190 total occupied floors! Which I agree sounds crazy. If you look at your render I see the clear floors near the top being the steel occupied flors 150-195 and the darker (in your render) first 150 floors being concrete.

I'll be very suprised if I'm proved wrong about this...
The highest occupied floor could be considered the roof........
Wezza está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2006, 05:23 PM   #167
googlepeakoil

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by malec
I doubt it because if you have more floors then you'll need more elevators servicing the top. The extra floors then wouldn't be much use since they're so small anyway and a bit more space would have to be wasted for extra elevators.
They'll start as big as the core + 3 wing tips and by the top ones will be smaller than the core.
They will be tiny - but if they're only the executive sweets they won't be having to sell them to clients or anything so they won't care about there being only a few elevators and some stairs.
I wouldn't be suprised if some of the top occupied floors are less than 10m x 10m. It'll be a bit like living in a slightly fat lighthouse!
googlepeakoil no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2006, 05:58 PM   #168
AltinD
The Modecator

Don't mention the "L word" (final word of your post, not related to that US cable show), on a certain part of the UAE forum.
Old June 28th, 2006, 06:23 PM   #169
vinouz

Likes (Received): 1

Yeah. So I dont' understand. What about this LIGHTHOUSE word ? Why ?
vinouz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2006, 06:29 PM   #170
dubaiflo
Back in the Sandpit

Likes (Received): 35

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=339404

here is the 200F article.

still the discussion is pointless.

but i agree it is actually senseless to call the top occupied floor roof in this case.

there will be occupied floors in the steel structure, we just don't know how many, and from a certain point there will be just empty open steel space.

the spire could be considered the top thin part imo.
dubaiflo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2006, 06:33 PM   #171
AltinD
The Modecator

The developer of a 15storey building in Dubai Marina, had financial difficulties and run away in UK, living the investors and home buyers with nothing but a hole in the ground (piling completed only).

Guess what it was called
Old June 28th, 2006, 08:20 PM   #172
STR
What'u smokin' Willis?

Likes (Received): 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by CULWULLA
i only have the plans for 161 levels and 705m version. the 161st floor is still 625m but the spire can be extended to over 800m. not sure what to say about 180 or 200 floors quotes? that confuses me.who knows.
btw, cant believe the WTC were only half as high as BurjD. babies.
It was explicitly stated that the height was increased, but the number of floors stayed the same.

SOURCE:
http://cityscape-online.com/PDF/City...aily_Day_2.pdf

On Page 2:
Quote:
“It was a design issue. We did not add
any more floors. As you look at the design,
it has a sense of acceleration so what we
have done is make it more and more
slender in order to achieve that effect.”
In addition, no render, drawing or model ever released by SOM, Emaar, or any of the main contractors has ever shown anymore than ~160 floors. In fact, the contractors state 160 as well. The only evidence for any more is a drawing of some buttons and a poorly written, ambiguous article that hasn't been corroborated by anyone.

Last edited by STR; June 28th, 2006 at 08:29 PM.
STR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2006, 09:29 PM   #173
STR
What'u smokin' Willis?

Old June 28th, 2006, 10:11 PM   #174
megatower
BANNED

Likes (Received): 34

yes there has been a drawing of the tower with 200 floors and has been released by emaar. i found it on (burj dubai skyscaper)(All the available renders here)
megatower no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2006, 10:24 PM   #175
STR
What'u smokin' Willis?

Post it, because I've just been through that entire site (BTW looking good Bikes) and there isn't a single picture showing 200 floors.
Old June 28th, 2006, 10:38 PM   #176
dubaiflo
Back in the Sandpit

Quote:
Originally Posted by STR
... and a poorly written, ambiguous article that hasn't been corroborated by anyone.

Old June 29th, 2006, 12:22 AM   #177
megatower
BANNED

Likes (Received): 34

go to burj dubai skyscaper and on top were it say's home,news,photos,facts,forum,links.
go to photos, then scroll down and it says (RENDRS) click on the frist one. and look throu each photo and one say's emaar on top on the pic and thats the one that has 200 floors.
megatower no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2006, 01:12 AM   #178
dubaiflo
Back in the Sandpit

http://www.burjdubaiskyscraper.com/2...ers/doqhc8.jpg

if u r talking about this one, then, sorry, no, not 200F.

actually u can't even count the floors because u don't know where the usable space ends and spire begins, only estimating is possible.
Old June 29th, 2006, 01:13 AM   #179
skyperu34
TRUXILLO del PERU !!!

Likes (Received): 808

a question: Has Burj Dubai finally reached 200 meters high???

Diseño, arquitectura, arte y naturaleza en:

skyperu34 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2006, 01:17 AM   #180
Krazy
Kool Kat

Again, what might seem to be floors from the render right on top are actually not floors but smartly integrated into the spire... nothing but concrete
Krazy no está en línea   Reply With Quote