daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 24th, 2016, 10:17 PM   #301
Silly_Walks

Likes (Received): 836

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGL View Post
Light rail? Line 9 is full metro, even if most of it is elevated. Yet another example of confusing terminology.
In China, they use the term Light Rail for elevated metro.

Zaz965 liked this post
Silly_Walks no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 24th, 2016, 11:10 PM   #302
BarbaricManchurian
来了就是深圳人

Likes (Received): 6896

They are supposed to start the construction of line B1 this year (Binhai area line 1).
BarbaricManchurian está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2016, 11:20 PM   #303
zidar fr

Likes (Received): 625

I love the networks that have an almost perfectly symmetric layout, look great on a map

Hi-res image:
http://www.inat.fr/metro/tianjin/
Old March 9th, 2016, 12:54 AM   #304
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1937

Great work as always. And with translated station names rather than just transliterated like Tianjin does (also me). Currently due to the explosions of last August line 9 doesn't go beyond Gangguan Gongsi (Tianjin Pipe Corp).
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaricManchurian View Post
They are supposed to start the construction of line B1 this year (Binhai area line 1).
I have read line B1 started construction on February 23. I like that Binhai metro will appear to be a separate metro network to that of Tianjin, though connected via line 9 (which was called B1 before it was extended to Tianjin Zhan).
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2016, 02:55 AM   #305
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER

Likes (Received): 5781

Quote:
Great work as always. And with translated station names rather than just transliterated like Tianjin does (also me). Currently due to the explosions of last August line 9 doesn't go beyond Gangguan Gongsi (Tianjin Pipe Corp).
Translated names should never be used without accompanying transliterated Latin names. This is a simple concept and should be submitted to ISO for the purposes of standardization.
Woonsocket54 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2016, 03:45 PM   #306
zidar fr

Likes (Received): 625

@CNGL Thanks for the kind words.

@Woonsocket54 Translate vs Transliterate is an issue I have been trying to solve since the first Chinese map I built. Should we write "road" or "lu"? There is hardly space for both forms on the map.
We encounter the same problem with most bilingual/bialphabetic maps, in Russian for example.
I agree with you that a commonly accepted standard should be established in order to achieve consistency.

For now I have chosen to follow the way local official maps work, mostly translation in China, transliteration in Russia.
zidar fr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2016, 08:27 PM   #307
ryongsong

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by zidar fr View Post

@Woonsocket54 Translate vs Transliterate is an issue I have been trying to solve since the first Chinese map I built. Should we write "road" or "lu"? There is hardly space for both forms on the map.
I can't see how 'road' helps anyone. I remember when I arrived in Tianjin people were trying to help me by telling me an address was on Red Flag Road. Entirely useless.
ryongsong no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2016, 09:05 PM   #308
CNGL
Leudimin

That is just overkill. That's why I only use local names if no exonym is avalaible. Even in Binhai Guoji Jichang.

In other news, line B1 started construction in February, and line Z4 has started a few days ago. These are the first metro lines not numbered in the M series to start construction.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.

dimlys1994, Zaz965 liked this post
Old June 1st, 2016, 09:51 AM   #309
dimlys1994

Likes (Received): 26180

Line 6 is to open in July:
http://tj.house.ifeng.com/detail/201...784527_0.shtml

For you:
Facebook & Flickr pages

Woonsocket54, Zaz965 liked this post
dimlys1994 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2016, 07:25 AM   #310
dimlys1994

Updated Tianjin map on urbanrail.net:
http://www.urbanrail.net/as/cn/tian/tianjin.htm

For you:
Facebook & Flickr pages

Zaz965, CarlosBlueDragon, geometarkv liked this post
Old June 26th, 2016, 11:50 AM   #311
CNGL
Leudimin

Line 8 is not under construction and will not go that way, instead it is planned to run from West to Southeast, taking over line 6 to Xianshuigu. Line 4 is U/C only East of Dongnanjiao, and beyond line 5 to Minhang Daxue. And it will pass through Xizhan. Line 10, missing from the map, is U/C, running in an arc from Northeast (Line 2 at Yudong Cheng) to Southwest (Liyuantou, near Liqizhuang, the terminus of line 5). And Urbanrail should consider adding a separate map for Binhai, now that lines B1 and Z4 are U/C.

It appears line 6 is opening in late August, at first from Changhong Gongyuan to Nancuiping, followed by the section up to Xin Waihuan Donglu/Nansunzhuang by the year's end and then the section to Meilin Lu (and perhaps with the Meilin Lu-Xianshuigu section of line 8) next year.

dimlys1994, Zaz965 liked this post
Old June 26th, 2016, 05:37 PM   #312
kunming tiger

Likes (Received): 1665

how long will the system be by the end of the year?
kunming tiger no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2016, 12:07 AM   #313
metro-world

Likes (Received): 32

Tianjin Metro plannings

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunming tiger View Post
how long will the system be by the end of the year?
As CNGL wrote - the map is not correct. serious mistakes in this generally good update website! a recent chinese report on what is planned until 2020 is under: http://www.tianjinwe.com/tianjin/jsb...17_957278.html

and under: http://www.tianjinwe.com/tianjin/jsb...16_848227.html you find a map showing what is u.c. and operation (grey) new planned first sections of lines 7 and 11 and next extensions after - line 4 north, 7 south, and 11 East and line 8 but other alignment!!

dimlys1994 liked this post
metro-world no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2016, 12:56 PM   #314
CNGL
Leudimin

I think Urbanrail copied what is shown in Baidu Maps, however Baike Baidu says what I said.

In other news, last Sunday service on line 9 was restored to Shimin Guangchang and thus back to Binhai. However the final section to Donghai Lu still has to wait, as that station was damaged in the explosions last year and has to be rebuilt from scracht.

dimlys1994 liked this post
Old June 28th, 2016, 01:00 PM   #315
dimlys1994

Quote:
In other news, last Sunday service on line 9 was restored to Shimin Guangchang and thus back to Binhai. However the final section to Donghai Lu still has to wait, as that station was damaged in the explosions last year and has to be rebuilt from scracht.
Sadly, this line won't have any of new infill stations to open in near future

For you:
Facebook & Flickr pages
Old August 3rd, 2016, 01:46 PM   #316
CNGL
Leudimin

Apparently the first section of line 6 was planned to open on August 1st (and not by the end as I said), but somehow its opening has been delayed. That or it was fake news, who knows.
Old August 6th, 2016, 04:21 PM   #317
CNGL
Leudimin

Line 6 is now open for business! Only 8 stations, from Changhong Gongyuan (Transfer to line 2) to Nancuiping. It also intersects line 3 at Hongqi Nanlu. It will be extended Northeast to Xinwaihuan Donglu by the end of this year.

Also, lines 7 and 11 are set to start construction before the end of current year. Line 7 will run North-South initially from Yuguan Dao to Saida Bazhilu (to be extended North later), and line 11 will run East-West initially from Yi Zhongxin Yiyuan to Qijing Lu (to be extended West later).

dimlys1994, dbhaskar liked this post
Old August 7th, 2016, 12:36 AM   #318
Blackhavvk

Likes (Received): 7897

What is the length of the new line now?
Blackhavvk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2016, 05:04 AM   #319
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER

Likes (Received): 5781

some photos of recently opened line 6

source for above: http://www.weiyoubaba.com/a/c8jgd.shtml

wow, these operating hours are woeful

source for above: http://wx.abbao.cn/a/6129-fa3c934ff097ed80.html

mrsmartman, dimlys1994, zntfdr liked this post
Woonsocket54 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2016, 11:25 AM   #320
CNGL
Leudimin

Most photos don't show up. And yes, the current opeation hours (9:00-16:00 local time, 1:00-8:00 UTC) may seem awful, it seems they will wait until all the line is open to bring it in line with the rest of the network.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhavvk View Post
What is the length of the new line now?
About 7.3 km.

Tags
metro, tianjin, tram