daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 2nd, 2017, 12:49 PM   #341
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1931

IIRC Line 6 will have up to 48 stations (!), as it will be extended to Xianshuigu. But that section is then expected to become part of line 8 (not the one shown on UrbanRail, which has been cancelled). BTW, I see they have closed down Shuanglin station at the end of line 1, it appears to be due to the U/C extension to Xianshuigu Bei.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 2nd, 2017, 01:32 PM   #342
jserradell

Likes (Received): 9

Where can I find a good map of the Tianjin Subway System (with the new open section of line 6)?
Thank you!!!
jserradell no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2017, 04:49 PM   #343
dixiadetie

Likes (Received): 798

Here is the official version of Tianjin Metro System Map.
Old January 2nd, 2017, 08:19 PM   #344
jserradell

Likes (Received): 9

Thank you very much!!! I find it difficult to find maps in the Chinese Subway web sites...
Xie xie
jserradell no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2017, 07:11 PM   #345
Falubaz

Likes (Received): 2940

Is it already known how the common section of lines 5 and 6 will look like? Will the two lines run parallely (but independend) like 8 and 9 in Paris or more like 3 and 4 in Shanghai - sharing tracks?

₪₪₪Zielona Góra moim okiem₪₪₪ Zielonogórskie autobusy₪₪₪Port Lotniczy ZIElona Góra₪₪₪ BRT₪₪₪ścieżki rowerowe w ZG
₪₪₪[Świat] „Przebłyski pamięci”₪₪₪Moja Ameryka - nie tylko Stany
Falubaz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2017, 05:06 PM   #346
dimlys1994

Likes (Received): 26118

From China Daily

http://m.chinadaily.com.cn/en/2017-0...t_27868882.htm

Tianjin: 500 electric buses hit roads in China's latest clean energy push
2017-01-05 10:35:32

TIANJIN - A fleet of 500 electric buses hit the roads Wednesday in Tianjin, a major industrial city in North China.

The buses, the result of a joint venture between Tianjin Bus Group and Shenzhen-based carmaker BYD, have a range of more than 200 kilometers following a full charge, said Wang Deqi from the bus group, adding that it is enough for a bus to run its daily route

Photos:
http://news.enorth.com.cn/system/201...31463365.shtml
http://www.cnr.cn/tj/jrtj/20170104/t...23435807.shtml

For you:
Facebook & Flickr pages
dimlys1994 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2017, 04:49 PM   #347
zntfdr
Transit Maps

Likes (Received): 171

A new map showing the completed planned network has surfaced on Ditiezu:

(click on the picture to enlarge)

Can't wait for it to become a reality!
Old September 2nd, 2017, 01:15 PM   #348
Ashis Mitra

Likes (Received): 1141

Thankfully Tianjin has done the correction almost after 40 years by returning tram in city. The new tram is much different than old tram. The old tram network was single coach or double coach separated, high floor, opened window, trolley pole, steel wheel, noisy, and slow, but much expanded and served many parts of the entire city. The new tram is five coach articulated, low floor, air-conditioned, pantograph, rubber tyre, calm and fast, but only one route.

The new tram route is completely different from the old tram route, because the new system serves such places which were very much decongested, even village like area around 50s 60s, so there were no need for trams, but today it is a very important place for information technology.

After reading many websites I’ve recently saw some matters, which arise some questions and curiosity. I’m asking these because I want to compare the Tianjin Tram with my city’s Kolkata Tram. Although the main difference is that Tianjin tram has closed its original network at seventies, whereas Kolkata tram has is continuing its journey, overcoming that notorious anti-tram sixties, although some routes has closed. Here I’m writing—

1) Could anyone write some details about the first generation tram routes with a map which has closed in seventies?

2) Is there any tram conductor inside tramcars for ticketing? Or tickets should be bought before boarding the tram from tram stations?

3) What kind of ticket they used in tram—simple paper ticket or electronic card?

4) Are other motor vehicles allowed on track? I saw the network is completely street running and unreserved, so I’m asking this.

5) Are all stops as tram stations? Or there are some single unreserved street surface stops?

6) Does the entire route is middle of the road ? Or sometimes on left or right side?

7) Is there any special seats for children, ladies, senior citizens and handicapped persons inside the tram cars ?

8) Is there any system for monthly tickets and all-day tickets for tram routes?

9) What are the fares for a single journey ?

10) Is there any extension planned?
Ashis Mitra no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2017, 05:29 PM   #349
CNGL
Leudimin

Another set of at first hand silly questions, but I since also like to research about the Chinese rail transit systems and their huge plans (which is not the case for the TEDA tram for which I don't know any expansion plans, that answers No. 10). As for the questions, No. 7 is what I've said for both Shanghai and Suzhou and is a norm around the world, so don't ask it again.

1) It also appears you haven't been to Wikipedia. However no map is avalaible. Yet.

4) Unlike in Shanghai, no other vehicles are allowed on track. While unreserved, the tram (actually a so-called Translohr) has its own dedicated lane.

5) So far in the tram systems opened across China in the last few years, all stops have been tram stations (and this also applies to Tianjin). Only in the older networks of Dalian and Changchun there may still some unreserved stops.

6) The TEDA tram does run in the middle all the way.

And litereally half of the questions can be answered with a pic, which says more than a thousand words. This one was taken inside a tram by Unsonique, who uploaded it to Wikimedia Commons:

So, much like in Shenyang, you pay the 2 yuan fare on those canisters (something unthinkable in the West, as many people wouldn't pay the fare). This means no tickets are used at all, and also no monthly or all-day tickets are avalaible. But the City Card (Tianjin's contactless card) can be still used, and it saves half of the fare. Incidentally in the background there are two reserved seats (the ones wider than normal seats).
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.

Zaz965 liked this post
Old September 3rd, 2017, 01:23 PM   #350
Ashis Mitra

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGL View Post
Another set of at first hand silly questions,

1) It also appears you haven't been to Wikipedia. However no map is avalaible. Yet.
The 'Trams in Tianjin' page in Wikipedia (along with Dalian Trams, Qingdao Trams, Trams in Shanghai, Trams in Shenyang, Shenyang Modern Tram, Suzhou Trams etc. pages)was itself created by me, some years ago, but I could not found a first generation system map, so the route details section I still could not complete, so such silly question.

Last edited by Ashis Mitra; September 4th, 2017 at 11:07 AM.
Old September 3rd, 2017, 01:29 PM   #351
Ashis Mitra

Tianjin metro has two peculiarities. Firstly, it is the shallowest metro of the world, and secondly, perhaps it is the only metro of the world which has closed after some years of operation, then reopened after some modification. I never heard such any where that a metro route will be closed for reconstruction. It has currently 5 lines—Line 1, 2, 3, 6 & 9. The network is mostly underground. All lines are connected with each others, which strengthens the entire network. It also connects suburb by line 9, which uses overhead wire, and operated by a different company, which also operates the tram system.

There are many extensions and new lines are planned. I have written a bit detail, please read it careful and answer my questions, also comment about its reality—

1) Line 1 will be extended southeast from Shuangling to Xianshuigu North. There will be nine new stations—Lilou, Taoyuangu, Hongnihe River, Yijing Road, Airport Road, Olympic Centre, Huijhanjhongjin, Weisan Road and Xianshuigu North. This southeastern extension is almost completed and will be opened in this year.

2) There will be a new line 4 which will be a very important line running through city centre. It will run from Hebei Province to Zhangguizhuang. It will create a direct connection from Dongnanjiao to Dawangjhuang for much quicker travel, and I suggest it should get the first priority. It will also cross the Yongding New River, Xinkaihe River and Haihe River. Sadly they have started the construction lately, however, construction will be completed in 2020.

3) There will be another new line 5 which will be a very important line running through city centre. It will run from Beichenkejiyuan North to Liqizhuang. It will create a direct connection from Jhangxingjhunag to Xiawafng for much quicker travel, and I suggest it should get the second priority. It will also cross the Yongding New River, Xinkaihe River and Haihe River. Construction started many years before, but the progress is much slower. Originally it was planned to open in 2012, but later it was modified to open in 2015. Surprisingly, it is still not opened. What is the problem? Why so much delay? When the commercial operation started? Please give some details about this.

4) There will be another new line 7. It will run from Dabizhuang to Liqizhuang. Construction started some years before and it was planned to open in 2016. However, it has not opened till now. When the commercial operation started? Please give some details about this, and also give a map of future line 7, I could not find a map of that line.

5) There will be another new line 8 which will run avoiding city centre. It will create a direct connection from Goujiuchang to Jiewuanxidao for much quicker travel, and I suggest it should get the third priority. Construction started some years before and it was planned to open in 2016. However, it has not opened till now. When the commercial operation started?

Please give some details about this, and also give a map of future line 8, I could not find a map of that line.

I personally think, around 2020, all future lines will be opened. Could anyone say why the construction pace is slower for line 4, 5, 7 & 8?

dimlys1994 liked this post
Old September 3rd, 2017, 06:51 PM   #352
CNGL
Leudimin

Line 8 won't run that way. It will go West to Southeast, from Ziyang Lu to Xianshuigu (Taking over part of line 6). It was changed in 2016, and will be built in the next few years. As for other lines, line 4 is U/C and its first section will open in 2019, and eventually will run from Xiaojie to Xinxingcun. Line 5 is opening this year. And line 7 is starting construction soon, but it will run North-South from Saida Bazhi Lu to Yuguan Dao (It appears its alignment has changed too). You missed line 10, which will run from Yutai (not far from Liqizhuang) to Yudongcheng and is also U/C, as well as line 11, which also appears in the short term plans and will run West-East from Shuishang Gongyuan Xilu to Liujing Lu. Not to mention Binhai.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashis Mitra View Post
The 'Trams in Tianjin' page in Wikipedia (along with Dalian Trams, Qingdao, Trams in Shanghai, Trams in Shenyang, Shenyang Modern Tram etc. pages)was itself created by me, some years ago, but I could not found a first generation system map, so the route details section I still could not complete, so such silly question.
Then I really don't know. I didn't check the history of that page.

Ashis Mitra liked this post
Old September 4th, 2017, 12:55 AM   #353
CNGL
Leudimin

Heck, I didn't switch over to the Chinese Wikipedia version about the first generation tram. It was started by a Belgian company in 1904, and at its height it had 7 lines, identified by colors (White, red, yellow, blue, green, rainbow and purple), I'll try to draw a map when I have time. The last line was closed in 1973, and by that time construction of a metro line, which later was reconstructed into today's line 1, was underway.

Ashis Mitra liked this post
Old September 4th, 2017, 11:14 AM   #354
Ashis Mitra

If you could draw such a map with route details, I will be very happy. And if you have time, please try to draw such two maps also for Shanghai & Shenyang first generation tram map and post here, so I could enrich those related Wikipedia pages more.
Old September 4th, 2017, 03:42 PM   #355
_Night City Dream_

Likes (Received): 101430

Quote:
Originally Posted by zntfdr View Post
A new map showing the completed planned network has surfaced on Ditiezu:

(click on the picture to enlarge)

Can't wait for it to become a reality!
When is it supposed to be completed?

My Baku / Мой Баку / 我的巴库

Zaz965 liked this post
_Night City Dream_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2017, 05:09 AM   #356
zntfdr
Transit Maps

Likes (Received): 171

I believe this map contains all the planned lines, including the ones that are not approved yet.
Surely we're a few decades away (a user in the post was guessing 30+): nevertheless, it will be exciting to witness the network as it grows!
Old September 8th, 2017, 06:29 AM   #357
Ashis Mitra

After a long 8 months questioning, answering, teasing, rebuking will end today, because the most answers I have got till now. This is the last time I am asking these questions which still have not found in internet. Hence China has the most cities which has both tram and metro—i.e. in Dalian, Hong Kong, Qingdao, Shanghai, Shenyang, Suzhou & Tianjin (I have omitted super-capacitor tram systems), metro systems are more or less same type rules.

If I am not wrong, Tianjin metro has no baggage checking, no drinking water, no background light music, has single journey RFID tokens, has next train information on LCD display board, has mostly island platforms, some special seats for senior citizens, has entertainment television, and handicapped persons. Am I right?

For improvement of our Kolkata metro system, I am comparing some information about Tianjin metro, please answer only this question—

Do they have all day ticket system i.e. unlimited journey on any metro routes for a day?

At the end, my heartfelt thanks and wishes to all those Chinese friends who has replied me, hiding their irritation due to my repeating questions. Thanks to all. Still there are many unsolved questions, OK, I will try to get answers by contacting with officials.

Thanks a lot my Chinese rail fans. Wish you very health metro and tram networks. Good bye.
Old October 25th, 2017, 05:53 PM   #358
Zaz965
Temer Out!

Likes (Received): 27744

more one map
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGL View Post

djole13, Lovricico, Parra 1 liked this post
Zaz965 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2017, 09:10 PM   #359
metro-world

Likes (Received): 32

map

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaz965 View Post
more one map
this is 10 years old - and out some lines were planned other since!
metro-world no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2017, 10:11 PM   #360
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER

Likes (Received): 5737

Line 5 and southern extension of Line 6 will open this month

http://tj.sina.com.cn/zimeiti/2017-1...a7901491.shtml
http://www.tianjinwe.com/tianjin/ms/...5_1230529.html

Tags
metro, tianjin, tram