daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 19th, 2010, 12:58 PM   #81
Ashis Mitra

Likes (Received): 1142

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celebriton View Post
Friend, this link was created by me. I Need more info which this link isn't presenting.

Help ME.
Ashis Mitra no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 19th, 2010, 02:42 PM   #82
Gag Halfrunt

Likes (Received): 27

It sounds as if you've already gathered all the information about Tianjin's trams that is readily available in English. If historical maps and detailed accounts of individual lines, etc, were out there on the web, someone would have posted them here.

If you want to dig deeper, you'll need to contact Chinese tram enthusiasts, ask politely for their help, and be prepared for the possibility that you won't be able to find out everything you want to know. Your questions amount to a demand for a complete history of the Tianjin tramway, something that may not exist even in Chinese. Primary evidence (maps, photographs, documents, etc.) may no longer exist at all, or might be locked away in closed archives. (BarbaricManchurian or other Chinese members will have a better idea of how difficult historical research is in China.)
Gag Halfrunt no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2010, 03:26 PM   #83
Coccodrillo

Likes (Received): 767

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augusto View Post
It's supposed to be cheaper because you don't have to dig as deeper than for a classic tram to move the underground networks like power cables, phone lines, water pipes,.. But if you add the maintenance cost for concrete and tires, the cost for using plenty of buses all the times the system is out of order, I'm not sure it's cheaper anymore.
Underground networks have to be moved also with the Translohr system. It is not mandatory, nor it is with trams, but if you don't do it, you have to close the line during works on these networks.

Translohr system is as expensive as tramways but can be built only by one productor unlike tramways. It's like Windows versus Linux.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augusto View Post
BRT can't be as narrow as a tram (rubber tires or not). Instead I would say I don't understand why they couldn't have went for a bus with a virtual rail (just a line painted on the ground) and a camera like the one in Rouen and Las Vegas. They seem to be quite reliable. I can't remember the name nor if it's made by Alstom or Bombardier.
Rouen and Las Vegas buses are built by Irisbus (born after the fusion of part of Iveco and Renault), the optical guiding system has been developed by Siemens but can be mounted on all types of buses.

für Güter die Bahn ~ pour vos marchandises le rail ~ chi dice merci dice ferrovia
Coccodrillo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2010, 07:18 PM   #84
SimFox

Likes (Received): 511

Here is a shot of train "in action"

and interior:

SimFox no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2010, 10:45 PM   #85
BarbaricManchurian
来了就是深圳人

Likes (Received): 6894

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashis Mitra View Post
Friend, this link was created by me. I Need more info which this link isn't presenting.

Help ME.
TEDA tram has an interchange with BMT line 9 and there are no other trams planned. Honestly, even I, someone who has lived in Tianjin for a long part of my life, have heard very little of the tram system, it seems like you will not get much more info unless if you learn Chinese and consult the right sources, as despite my Chinese fluency, I have heard very little about the tram from listening on the street and in the Tianjin Museum, you'll have to find some highly specialized people to learn more, which may or may not exist.
BarbaricManchurian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2010, 03:17 AM   #86
Ashis Mitra

This is the new rolling stock. Are the old stocks still running? Or, they has completely replaced by new ones?
Old January 23rd, 2010, 03:18 AM   #87
Ashis Mitra

The line 9 will be actually the extension of light rail. Light rail is already running in Tianjin, and here it connects metro with tram. Line 9 is still under construction, so after completion, I think it should be better to rename it B1 like existing light rail.
I’ve heard line 2 & 3 are still under construction. Has they opened? If not, when will they open?

At last a request. The map is good, but it is labeled in Chinese. Can anybody post here an English map of Tianjin metro, with all planned lines from 1 to 8?

Waiting for reply.
Old January 23rd, 2010, 03:21 AM   #88
Ashis Mitra

These are the new rolling stock. Are the old stocks still running? Or, they has completely replaced by new ones?
Old January 23rd, 2010, 03:35 AM   #89
Ashis Mitra

These are the main problem of Asian tramway history. Even South America keeps history better. I've also searched detailed history about Dalian's tram, especially about closed routes, but still I haven't get answer.

Best hopes for posting details about Tianjin's previous tram system.
Old January 27th, 2010, 07:32 PM   #90
Ashis Mitra

Can anybody post here a complete English map of Tianjin's full metro network, which will include from current line 1 to proposed line 13 completely? (excluding light rail lines)
Old January 27th, 2010, 11:28 PM   #91
Blue raven

Likes (Received): 2

The probably don't exist, unless someone's taken the effort of transliterating the Chinese map.
Blue raven no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2010, 12:46 AM   #92
BarbaricManchurian
来了就是深圳人

Quote:
This is a very good thread, thanks –

From www.urbanrail.net, I knew that Tianjin has one metro line i.e. Line 1, & Binhai line is the light rail line. But the same site informs that the extension of that line is under construction, which is Line 9.

So I think, line 1 is metro line & line 9 is light rail line. There is also a rubber tired tram line (translohr). Tianjin now has metro, light rail & tram. Is it true? Please clear my confusion.

*** When the construction of subway started, was the tram tracks (closed in 1972) was discovered under the road in the time of tunneling?

Please reply me as soon as possible.
No

Quote:
This is the new rolling stock. Are the old stocks still running? Or, they has completely replaced by new ones?
No, and yes. The old metro was completely closed for 5 years as they refurbished it, and all traces of it are not visible now.

Quote:
The line 9 will be actually the extension of light rail. Light rail is already running in Tianjin, and here it connects metro with tram. Line 9 is still under construction, so after completion, I think it should be better to rename it B1 like existing light rail.
I’ve heard line 2 & 3 are still under construction. Has they opened? If not, when will they open?

At last a request. The map is good, but it is labeled in Chinese. Can anybody post here an English map of Tianjin metro, with all planned lines from 1 to 8?

Waiting for reply.
Line 2 will open in 2010, line 3 in 2011. Sorry, no English map available, the numbers of the lines are clearly labeled on the Chinese map though, and all of the station names are just going to be transliterated Chinese anyway
Old January 29th, 2010, 12:49 AM   #93
BarbaricManchurian
来了就是深圳人

Old May 7th, 2011, 06:34 AM   #94
yaohua2000

Likes (Received): 7

Tianjin Metro Line 9 opened on May 1, 2011.

I travelled on the new section this morning. From Shiyijinglu to Donghailu, 56 minutes, ¥9.
yaohua2000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2011, 04:17 PM   #95
Falubaz

Likes (Received): 2940

d'yu have some pics? new map maybe?

₪₪₪Zielona Góra moim okiem₪₪₪ Zielonogórskie autobusy₪₪₪Port Lotniczy ZIElona Góra₪₪₪ BRT₪₪₪ścieżki rowerowe w ZG
₪₪₪[Świat] „Przebłyski pamięci”₪₪₪Moja Ameryka - nie tylko Stany
Falubaz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2011, 11:17 PM   #96
yaohua2000

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falubaz View Post
d'yu have some pics? new map maybe?
No. I didn't take any photos. What opened on May 1 were three new underground stations (Shiyijinglu, Zhigu, Dongxinglu) on the west extension of the BMT's Jinbin Line. Tianjin Subway Line 9 is another name of the Jinbin Line.

The new BMT system:

(Tianjin Railway Station) - (Dawangzhuang) - Shiyijinglu - Zhigu - Dongxinglu - (underground -> elevated) - Zhongshanmen - ... - Donghailu

Tianjin Railway Stationa and Dawangzhuang is scheduled this October.
yaohua2000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2011, 11:24 PM   #97
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER

Likes (Received): 5751

The opening of new stations on Line 9 seems to be the first expansion of the Tianjin Metro in almost five years.

http://www.echinacities.com/tianjin/...n-october.html
Quote:
Tianjin Metro Line 9 to Fully Operate in October
May 06, 2011 eChinacities.com

The section between Zhongshanmen and Shiyijing Road of Tianjin Metro Line 9 has recently begun operating on a trial basis. The line, which extends to Tianjin Railway Station, is expected to officially open this October. Two other metro lines, Line 2 and Line 3, are also under construction and will be completed within the year.

Zhigu station

Shiyijinglu station

Shiyijinglu station

Shiyijinglu station

Shiyijinglu station

Shiyijinglu station entrance

And here is a picture of Dongxinglu station:

There is a video here:
http://news.enorth.com.cn/system/201...06466147.shtml

Highcliff liked this post

Last edited by Woonsocket54; May 9th, 2011 at 12:09 AM.
Woonsocket54 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2011, 03:45 AM   #98
BarbaricManchurian
来了就是深圳人

No one cares about Tianjin metro
Old May 10th, 2011, 03:29 PM   #99
Falubaz

Likes (Received): 2940

What u mean?

₪₪₪Zielona Góra moim okiem₪₪₪ Zielonogórskie autobusy₪₪₪Port Lotniczy ZIElona Góra₪₪₪ BRT₪₪₪ścieżki rowerowe w ZG
₪₪₪[Świat] „Przebłyski pamięci”₪₪₪Moja Ameryka - nie tylko Stany
Falubaz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2011, 09:25 PM   #100
BarbaricManchurian
来了就是深圳人

Well, I wasted time writing the original thread, even including some of my own pics and got no response. But it's true that there's been little news regarding Tianjin metro since 2006, just the line 9 extension, but there are tons of plans, very long term though. The construction speed has been a little disappointing.

Tags
metro, tianjin, tram