daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 18th, 2009, 02:46 AM   #1061
natekrell

Likes (Received): 0

Montreal Metro Madness

I made this map based on DOCUMENTED city sources. If Montreal built everything they ever seriously considered, it would look something like this. The Brossard line is a bit of guesswork, but its based on real plans. The North-Eastern area was supposed to be served by either the #7 White, or a #5 Blue extension, which as you know might still happen. The Dark Green from Frontenac was discussed at the same time as the #3 Red.

The "added" names are also based on official sources. This map is NOT my "ideal" or anything... just a composite of failed city plans. I added the Train d'Est, as is currently on maps. I also added trains which have been proposed at either end of the Green Line, a while ago.

This is my first map like this. What do you think? I wanted to see a map "like the STM would make it," no offense to everyone else who has made Montreal maps. Needless to say, a lot of what I've shown here is redundant today, or just implausible.
-n

Last edited by natekrell; June 18th, 2009 at 02:54 AM.
natekrell no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 18th, 2009, 05:10 AM   #1062
erj-boy

I love your map :P If Montreal Metro was like this then I would be amazed to see how fast I can get to H&M from School :P 4 stations instead of 12!
erj-boy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2009, 10:11 AM   #1063
Dezz
Crooswijkert

Likes (Received): 1384

A new map for the Rotterdam Metro.

The metrolines will get letters instead of the names they now have. The part of the yellowline starting at Schiedam Centrum and ending at Hoek van Holland will be a new metroline

ROTTERDAMWORLDPORTWORLDCITYROTTERDAMWORLDPORTWORLDCITYROTTERDAMWORLDPORTWORLDCITY
Dezz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2009, 08:28 PM   #1064
Coccodrillo

Likes (Received): 768

Like the line to Den Haag, the Hoek van Holland branch will be a converted railroad. It is already ins ervice, but with normal NS trains.

für Güter die Bahn ~ pour vos marchandises le rail ~ chi dice merci dice ferrovia
Coccodrillo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2009, 02:19 AM   #1065
urgel23

Likes (Received): 16

http://www.cityrailtransit.com/maps/tenerife_map.htm
urgel23 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2009, 08:12 PM   #1066
urgel23

Seattle Waterfront Streetcar

http://www.cityrailtransit.com/maps.htm
urgel23 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2009, 10:42 PM   #1067
lightrail

Here's my map of the Vancouver rapid transit network - it includes:

the Lines:
- Heavy Rail commuter line (West Coast Express)
- three Skytrain lines (automated rapid transit - two lines (Expo and Millenium) are Linear Induction, one line is convention third-rail traction (third line is opening in August 2009)
- one SeaBus (high-capacity commuter ferry that can load and unload in 90 seconds or less)
- two B-lines (rapid bus lines) operating in mixed-traffic.
- one demonstration LRV line operating only during the Olympic Games in 2010

Ridership:
SeaBus - 15,000 people per day
West Coast Express - 11,000 people per day
Skytrain - 250,000+ trips per day (expected to be 350,000 per day once the Canada Line opens)
B-line - 99 B-Line handles 44,000 passengers per day and the 97 B-Line handles 7,000 passengers per day.

Evergreen is a future Skytrain line

lightrail no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2009, 12:08 AM   #1068
Chavito

Likes (Received): 5

Seattle's Waterfront Streetcar does not work (since 2005 I think).

In the map you should include the Central Link (a light rail line opened last weekend) and the South Lake Union Streetcar.

Last edited by Chavito; July 23rd, 2009 at 12:11 AM. Reason: More information
Chavito no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2009, 02:49 PM   #1069
hix
BANNED

Likes (Received): 4

This is a map I made of how the Brussels metro could be in the future. Science fiction unfortunately.

hix no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2009, 05:50 PM   #1070
Alargule
Res Uder et Siger

Likes (Received): 2094

Well, you never know what might happen. How many km's would that bring the Brussels metro on?
Old July 23rd, 2009, 07:09 PM   #1071
hix
BANNED

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alargule View Post
How many km's would that bring the Brussels metro on?
I don't know. Probably longer than that other city.
hix no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2009, 04:42 PM   #1072
luclasaw
Luclasaw

Likes (Received): 503

Tokyo Sistem
luclasaw no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2009, 07:31 AM   #1073
lawliet

São Paulo - 2014 network (London Underground-based map)

Lines 14 (Onix/Airport Express) and 17 (Gold) will link airports (Cumbica/GRU and Congonhas/CGH) to the rest of the system.
Lines 1-6 and 15-17 belongs to São Paulo Metro, and lines 7-14 belongs to CPTM (referred as 'Overground'). Operating lines are 1-3, 5 and 7-12. Under construction ones are 2 (Alto do Ipiranga-Vila Prudente), 4 and 5 (Santo Amaro-Adolfo Pinheiro), and planned, 5 (Adolfo Pinheiro-Santa Cruz)-6, 13-17.

As white colour could be hard to be identified, line 15-white is shown as a grey one.

lawliet no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2009, 03:34 PM   #1074
davidaiow

Likes (Received): 5

I love the bus map for Curitiba, Brazil

davidaiow no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2009, 05:52 PM   #1075
Alargule
Res Uder et Siger

Likes (Received): 2094

Those sure are nice and very bold! I especially like the way they have turned the map about 30 degrees to the left.
Old July 31st, 2009, 09:07 PM   #1076
natarajan1986
social member

Likes (Received): 3603

great planning
natarajan1986 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2009, 05:09 PM   #1077
metro-world

Likes (Received): 32

Brussels metro

Quote:
Originally Posted by hix View Post
This is a map I made of how the Brussels metro could be in the future. Science fiction unfortunately.

nice map, but no relation to the present new official plannings - or older ones back to the 70th !

just a phantasy map..
metro-world no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2009, 05:18 PM   #1078
metro-world

Likes (Received): 32

Sao Paulo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawliet View Post
São Paulo - 2014 network (London Underground-based map)

Lines 14 (Onix/Airport Express) and 17 (Gold) will link airports (Cumbica/GRU and Congonhas/CGH) to the rest of the system.
Lines 1-6 and 15-17 belongs to São Paulo Metro, and lines 7-14 belongs to CPTM (referred as 'Overground'). Operating lines are 1-3, 5 and 7-12. Under construction ones are 2 (Alto do Ipiranga-Vila Prudente), 4 and 5 (Santo Amaro-Adolfo Pinheiro), and planned, 5 (Adolfo Pinheiro-Santa Cruz)-6, 13-17.

As white colour could be hard to be identified, line 15-white is shown as a grey one.

I don't think that so many extensions will be build til 2014!

I saw so many ambitous planes coming up over the recent 40 years which were in fact only paper!

S.P. could be happe to complied til then the line 4 project and line 5 extension - which are booth needed to be in service since 20 years!
all other extensions are "dreams" and depends on the willing of the next legislation-Governor !!
metro-world no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2009, 07:48 AM   #1079
lawliet

Quote:
Originally Posted by metro-world View Post
I don't think that so many extensions will be build til 2014!

I saw so many ambitous planes coming up over the recent 40 years which were in fact only paper!

S.P. could be happe to complied til then the line 4 project and line 5 extension - which are booth needed to be in service since 20 years!
all other extensions are "dreams" and depends on the willing of the next legislation-Governor !!
Well, line 4 will be opened next year, such as Alto do Ipiranga-Vila Prudente section on line 2. About line 5 extension, first phase begun some months ago.
Line 6 works are scheduled to begin next year (section Brasilândia - Água Branca), and the whole line will be operating in 2013, according to the plans.

107 trains were bought, 12 four-car-trains are running on line 9 and 8 eight-car-trains will arrive from March 2010, 5 six-car-trains has just arrived and are running on line 2, which will receive more 11 trains this year. Lines 7 and 12 will receive, each one, 20 eight-car-trains from CAF in 2010. Lines 1 and 3 will receive 17 six-car-trains (also from CAF), and their 98 trains are being completely refurbished by T'Trans, Alstom and Bombardier. 7 eight-car-trains and 20 six-car-trains were completely refurbished, and are now operating on lines 11 (Guaianazes - Estudantes section) and 12. These are the confirmed ones.

About the plans, 9 trains will be built for line 11, and 24 trains for line 8. 12 trains will be revamped for this last one.

Line 15, 16 and 17 are light rail, and almost all of them will be elevated. Line 16 will follow a bus corridor, for example.

Lines 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12 already exist. A dream line, I think, is line 14 (Airport Express: Luz - Guarulhos International Airport), which has many troubles in its project.

Actually, as I live in São Paulo, I must to provide information about what are being done here, and what is being changed. To do nothing in the last 40 years doesn't mean we can't do it in just 5 years. This is a very short period, I know. You believing or not, I hope we will complete a large quantity of what I've just said here.

Finishing, what's the purpose of being so ambitious? We must be ambitious, or we will be just a small network for next 40 years, a kind of joke if compared to other systems.

If you want to know more about these plans, please visit: http://www.planodeexpansaosp.com.br (in portuguese only, but try it anyway )
Old August 5th, 2009, 08:08 AM   #1080
lawliet

Here is another map, now showing what exists today, with some information:

Cover: http://p7fx1q.bay.livefilestore.com/...mapa_face1.png
Map (shown below): http://p7fx1q.bay.livefilestore.com/...mapa_face1.png

Last edited by lawliet; August 5th, 2009 at 08:21 AM.

Tags
metro, rail, transport