daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > Canada > Ontario

Ontario » Toronto

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 4th, 2006, 05:51 AM   #101
AmherstMan
Levend Mijn Leven

Likes (Received): 0

If Buffalo has one in the works then Hamilton, a city more then twice as big as Buffalo should get a new sleek tower.
AmherstMan no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 4th, 2006, 07:09 AM   #102
Steeltown

Likes (Received): 143

I dunno if that was a crane. Someone told me there was work done on a building for more rooftop units. Grr lol. It was so friggin tall, higher than Landmark Place.

I literally blinked and rubbed my eyes a hundred times before actually believing I saw something taller than Landmark Place lol.
Steeltown no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2006, 07:34 AM   #103
Steeltown

But this rendering only promotes itself as retail/office/industrial and no condo so perhaps there's a different redering out there.
Old November 4th, 2006, 04:24 PM   #104
hamer town

Lol atleast I know not to go that way to look for nothing.

Keeping our eyes peeled.
hamer town no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2006, 07:22 AM   #105
valantino
The Greatest

Likes (Received): 4

"But this rendering only promotes itself as retail/office/industrial and no condo so perhaps there's a different redering out there"

the entire project is a condo
Old November 9th, 2006, 05:44 PM   #106
hamer town

Some interesting sites

Hey Guys
I was walking around Downtown yesterday and noticed a few things that I thought were of interest so I took some pics

These first 2 pictures or the back on a building on the corner of King and Mary taken from the alleyway beside the Century Theater. This building has been having work done over the past little while.

This is the front of the same building, I had seen them working on the trim a few weeks ago at the top which has now been re-painted. Also the window trim on the top floor windows has been painted, it also looks like the trim on the second floor windows along the side facing Mary st have been removed possibly to refurbish and then reinstall and you will notice the man doing some painting. This corner is really coming along.

Now a wide shot to the St Deny's development

And a close up shot of what looks like a crane footing to me as well as a little hut for electical hookups etc for the crane maybe? Not too sure

Enjoy
Old November 10th, 2006, 01:27 AM   #107
Steeltown

Good job hamer. But there red x. Perhaps next time just provide the links instead of the picture.

Little work done like that building at the corner of Mary and King goes a long way to improving the downtown. Now they just need to get the Century Theatre redeveloped and one block has been fixed up.

Looks wet at St Deny's lol. I've been so busy with work I haven't taken any updates. Hopefully soon a crane will be rising up, should happen this month.
Old November 10th, 2006, 04:27 AM   #108
hamer town

Hey Steeltown the pics show up on my computer.
Old November 10th, 2006, 04:30 AM   #109
hamer town

Here try this everyone
1st pic
http://www.geocities.com/yhm_hamilton/IMG_2676.jpg
2nd pic
http://www.geocities.com/yhm_hamilton/IMG_2677.jpg
3rd
http://www.geocities.com/yhm_hamilton/IMG_2679.jpg
4th
http://www.geocities.com/yhm_hamilton/IMG_2682.jpg
and the last one
http://www.geocities.com/yhm_hamilton/IMG_2683.jpg

let me know if this works

cheers
Old November 11th, 2006, 08:11 PM   #110
Steeltown

Fleisher Ridout Partnership Inc., a Toronto-based landscape architecture firm, has been chosen to redesign the main entrance to McMaster's campus after a year-long design competition.

The successful bid by Fleisher Ridout Partnership Inc. was cited by the jury's report as creating a scheme that "creates a strong gateway into the University," as well as lending itself to the surrounding neighbourhood and community.

Described by the jury as "a modern interpretation of Classical models, the clean, strong shapes and repetitive rhythm of the columns organize the architectural forms and spaces along Main Street and reinforce the campus' edge." The sculptural columns are made of Cor-Ten steel and provide lighting at night as well as an artistic element on campus.

McMaster is now working with Brad Fleisher and associates to refine the design for the phase one contract.

The first phase of the design will be implemented in the spring/summer of 2007. Further phases, which will include the landscaped areas around two new buildings at the front of the campus, will be implemented after the buildings are complete.

Old November 11th, 2006, 09:37 PM   #111
hamer town

Hmm this has potential to really amde that stretch along Main St even more attractive then it alrady is since they worked on the road. Even though its not downtown I think progects like this are very important to the city.

Looks exciting
Old November 14th, 2006, 05:19 AM   #112
Steeltown

Larry Di Ianni lost the election by 400 votes. The new Mayor of Hamilton is an anti-sprawl candidate Fred Eisenberger.
Old November 14th, 2006, 05:24 AM   #113
hamer town

Anyway so I never bothered to look up much on Fred Eisenberger. So what is he for and what is he againist. What is his view on the following

Airport
Hamilton Harbour
Downtown Renewal
and Two Way Street Conversion?

Thanks for the help anyone.
Old November 14th, 2006, 05:47 AM   #114
Steeltown

Airport - open the lines of communication with the GTAA and develop new commercial and industrial employment lands around the airport
Waterfront - wants to redevelopment the CN land area into condos
Downtown renewal - free parking in the downtown core after 5pm weekdays, continue revitalizing the downtown core and create Downtown Renewal Office
Two way Street - no difference
Old November 14th, 2006, 04:06 PM   #115
hamer town

since these are the biggest concerns for me then thats 2 thumbs up.

Thanks Steeltown
Old November 15th, 2006, 12:26 AM   #116
Steeltown

Work is being done to relocate City Hall to City Centre. They're knocking down pieces of the wall and adding new windows.

Old November 15th, 2006, 04:32 AM   #117
Brett

Likes (Received): 45

My Moms office is being transfered from city hall into there. Now you will have to go to the eaton centre to appeal your property taxes...
Brett no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2006, 07:07 PM   #118
Steeltown

Think your mom could knock off a few bucks off my parent's property taxes? lol

Well anyways Fred Eisenberger again stressed his case for waterfront redevelopment yesterday and he's going to push for the relocation of the CN land by the western end of the waterfront. Eisenberger would like to see condos and museum built.

CN land, photo from flar

Problem is we're looking at possibly $100 million to help CN relocate to Aldershot. Plus after that brownfield cleanup will likely have to happen. So it's an expensive promise. Think Eisenberger will be successful on this promise?
Old November 16th, 2006, 01:40 AM   #119
hamer town

I dont know is he will be sucessful but if we could get this canged over to public use whether is be condo or what ever it will be great. I have one questions wil the main line still run through?

Thanks

Was downtown again today and walked past St Deny's coming a long nicely.

Also anyone know the high of the Condos on the edge of the mountain by upper Wentworth?
Old November 16th, 2006, 04:33 AM   #120
Brett

Likes (Received): 45

Getting rid of the rail yards would be awesome, but were is the $ going to come from? I think (and I hope its not true) the city is on a one way trip to bankruptcy already...
Brett no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
stipson