daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Architecture

Architecture news and discussions on all buildings types and urban spaces
» Classic Architecture | European Classic Architecture and Landscapes | Public Space | Shopping Architecture | Design & Lifestyle | Urban Renewal and Redevelopment

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 3rd, 2006, 02:14 AM   #1
purefusion

Likes (Received): 0

How much did Turning Torso cost?

How much did Turning Torso cost? I can't seem to find it anywhere. Any info on this projects cost would be great! I'm also wondering if it could be built again for less, since the plans are already mapped out. Has anyone tried it?
purefusion no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 3rd, 2006, 02:16 AM   #2
Enzo911
Por Astérix

I think 240m€
Enzo911 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2006, 02:32 AM   #3
purefusion

Sounds about right, a friend found 1600 million SEK which converts to about $220 million USD. So worth it though, I think. Very prestigious.

I'd love to build a 2-3 section version here in the US.
Old July 4th, 2006, 05:52 PM   #4
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6071

I doubt that number. Maybe that was the budged.

I'm saying this becouse i remember the Discovery Channel documentary about building this tower, talking about delays and tecnical problems that were costing the developer, some insane amounts of money.

Even by considering the (high) level of salaries in Sweeden, that figure seams low, however that is just my opinion, and I might be wrong.
AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2006, 06:24 PM   #5
cphdude
Timelord victorious

Likes (Received): 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltinD
I doubt that number. Maybe that was the budged.

I'm saying this becouse i remember the Discovery Channel documentary about building this tower, talking about delays and tecnical problems that were costing the developer, some insane amounts of money.

Even by considering the (high) level of salaries in Sweeden, that figure seams low, however that is just my opinion, and I might be wrong.
No, that is about right. It was budgetet at 800 dkr. (107 million euros) and the final price was 1.8 billion dkr. (242 million euros)...

This was part of the reason, that they were not able to seel it but decided to rent it out insted...and the reason the man behind it was fired....
cphdude no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2006, 06:44 AM   #6
purefusion

Yes, I saw the episode of Extreme Engineering. Got it recorded somewhere on my Tivo, but I can't currently get to it.