daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 14th, 2011, 02:55 PM   #741
novaguy
novaguy

Likes (Received): 19

^This forum has just taken a BAD turn.
novaguy está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 14th, 2011, 06:53 PM   #742
Travis007

Likes (Received): 63

Eighty8 (88 Sheppard Ave East), North York, Toronto, 35 storeys

Rendering posted by Ed007Toronto on UrbanToronto:

Old November 14th, 2011, 06:56 PM   #743
Dale

Likes (Received): 5505

Wow! That's handsome. You go, North York!
Dale no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2011, 08:03 PM   #744
Eno
Unqualified anti-expert.

Location: Toronto / Kraków / South Central Nowa Huta / Pazdanland
Likes (Received): 5409

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaidso View Post
It's called the democratic process and prevalent in most western nations, not just Canada. Even Poland got rid of authoritarianism, but I see old habits die hard. If you wanted communism, you shouldn't have moved here.
Please don't lecture me about democracy with your condescending western bloc mentality. You know nothing about me and even less about Poland.
Old November 14th, 2011, 09:33 PM   #745
isaidso
the new republic

Likes (Received): 10786

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eno View Post
Please don't lecture me about democracy with your condescending western bloc mentality. You know nothing about me and even less about Poland.

That works both ways. Don't like small minded, myopic Westerners, don't move here.

I started my first photo thread documenting a recent trip to Halifax, Nova Scotia. Have a peek: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=724898
isaidso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2011, 10:03 PM   #746
Ashok

Likes (Received): 2878

Quote:
You wish you could have the 'Eastern Bloc' mentality (whatever that is supposed to mean, although it does wonderfully expose your prejudice and thinking that's been outdated for at least 20 years). Compared to Warsaw or Krakow vast parts of Toronto look like a dump. And please spare me this nonsense about the supposed superiority of Canadian and/or North American 'consultative' democracy. You might impress some dumb Americans with this kind of rhetoric but not anyone who comes from countries (such as Poland) that were implementing constitutions hundreds of years before Canada was even a country. This North American 'consultative' process has led to hollowed out cities with ghettos in the US or neglected, third-tier architecture cities (hello Canada and Toronto) with no concept of what public spaces should look like. Canadians may very well teach the rest of the world how people of various cultures and backgrounds can co-exist, but it's a bit rich to lecture anyone from any part of Europe about city and/or public space design and proclaim that it is superior. That's just preposterous, but not surprising given how small-minded and myopic Canadians can be.
eh??
Old November 14th, 2011, 11:21 PM   #747
isaidso
the new republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashok View Post
eh??
The bizarre thing is that democratic consultation is central to the process every where in western Europe too. If he tried pulling that nonsense in Britain, France, or Germany, he'd get the same response.

I started my first photo thread documenting a recent trip to Halifax, Nova Scotia. Have a peek: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=724898
Old November 14th, 2011, 11:51 PM   #748
neilio
lolwut

Likes (Received): 34

Quote:
You wish you could have the 'Eastern Bloc' mentality (whatever that is supposed to mean, although it does wonderfully expose your prejudice and thinking that's been outdated for at least 20 years). Compared to Warsaw or Krakow vast parts of Toronto look like a dump. And please spare me this nonsense about the supposed superiority of Canadian and/or North American 'consultative' democracy. You might impress some dumb Americans with this kind of rhetoric but not anyone who comes from countries (such as Poland) that were implementing constitutions hundreds of years before Canada was even a country. This North American 'consultative' process has led to hollowed out cities with ghettos in the US or neglected, third-tier architecture cities (hello Canada and Toronto) with no concept of what public spaces should look like. Canadians may very well teach the rest of the world how people of various cultures and backgrounds can co-exist, but it's a bit rich to lecture anyone from any part of Europe about city and/or public space design and proclaim that it is superior. That's just preposterous, but not surprising given how small-minded and myopic Canadians can be.
ROFL Yes.. Canadians are "small minded and myopic" So we teach the world of how "various cultures and backgrounds can co-exist" but we are also myopic. Do you even know the definiton's of that word. But seriously keep contradicting yourself and spouting off ideological crap it will get you far on these forums
Old November 16th, 2011, 05:32 PM   #749
lukaszek89
BANNED

Likes (Received): 930

Quote:
The bizarre thing is that democratic consultation is central to the process every where in western Europe too. If he tried pulling that nonsense in Britain, France, or Germany, he'd get the same response.
It exists in Poland too. You need to catch up with times(and history knowlege) a little and stop making dumb prejudices (democracy in Poland started much earlier than in western european countries)

Quote:
That works both ways. Don't like small minded, myopic Westerners, don't move here.
you started this bullshit talk about nations, your high canadian standarts doens't look too high

Last edited by lukaszek89; November 16th, 2011 at 06:02 PM.
lukaszek89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2011, 08:17 PM   #750
rychlik
BANNED

Likes (Received): 6603

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukaszek89 View Post
It exists in Poland too. You need to catch up with times(and history knowlege) a little and stop making dumb prejudices (democracy in Poland started much earlier than in western european countries)

you started this bullshit talk about nations, your high canadian standarts doens't look too high
True - not sure why this isaidso got political in the first place (mentioning 1980's Poland). But I can tell you 1980's Poland was more unified than Canada is today. I live here so I know. They can't even get protestors out of a park after 2 months in this city. But yes, Canadians are quite prejudice.
rychlik no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2011, 05:55 AM   #751
Eno
Unqualified anti-expert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilio View Post
ROFL Yes.. Canadians are "small minded and myopic" So we teach the world of how "various cultures and backgrounds can co-exist" but we are also myopic. Do you even know the definiton's of that word. But seriously keep contradicting yourself and spouting off ideological crap it will get you far on these forums
Yes, you are myopic. You think you are open-minded because of the endless multi-culti propaganda as if Canada was the only place in the world where foreigners lived, yet sidewalks on the main street in the country's biggest city are covered in asphalt. You think you're going to teach us Poles about various cultures being able to co-exist? Millions of Jews lived in our country for hundreds of years and our current parliament has more black MPs than the Canadian one, yet the black population is miniscule compared to Canada. Hell, we even have a *transsexual* in our Parliament. How ideological is that? If anyone is spouting off ideological crap it's you with this condescending 'Eastern Bloc' nonsense. Your vision of the world has clearly not evolved since the days when Trudeau was still in office, which I suspect was around the same time anyone did anything to the sidewalk on Yonge St.
Old November 19th, 2011, 06:11 AM   #752
Marcanadian

Likes (Received): 2584

Can we cool it with the stereotypes and demoralization and just get back on topic?

This was posted on Urban Toronto.

620 King Street West

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzin4u View Post
This should work...courtesy of #talkcondo and posted by Southcore.

Old November 20th, 2011, 05:21 AM   #753
Indianempire
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilio View Post
Mr. multi culturalism, I dont see many chinese,loreans,blacks,russians,Indians etc, in ur parliamentary processes, infact immigration and immigrants are fully humiliatiated... now I know you would again start sprouting non sense... but truth hurts
Indianempire no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2011, 10:17 PM   #754
uptown

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Yes, you are myopic. You think you are open-minded because of the endless multi-culti propaganda as if Canada was the only place in the world where foreigners lived, yet sidewalks on the main street in the country's biggest city are covered in asphalt. You think you're going to teach us Poles about various cultures being able to co-exist? Millions of Jews lived in our country for hundreds of years and our current parliament has more black MPs than the Canadian one, yet the black population is miniscule compared to Canada. Hell, we even have a *transsexual* in our Parliament. How ideological is that? If anyone is spouting off ideological crap it's you with this condescending 'Eastern Bloc' nonsense. Your vision of the world has clearly not evolved since the days when Trudeau was still in office, which I suspect was around the same time anyone did anything to the sidewalk on Yonge St.
Deport.
uptown no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2011, 12:06 AM   #755
Eno
Unqualified anti-expert.

@Marcandian - that's nice. Trying to picture the site - is it somewhere around King and Portland?
Old November 22nd, 2011, 12:11 AM   #756
Chadoh25

Likes (Received): 805

620 King Street West lower levels look rather dated. Not a fan!
Chadoh25 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2011, 01:44 AM   #757
Ulv
Batiar

Likes (Received): 774

Quote:
It's called the democratic process and prevalent in most western nations, not just Canada. Even Poland got rid of authoritarianism, but I see old habits die hard. If you wanted communism, you shouldn't have moved here.
Your knowledge about Central Europe is less than zero.
Old November 23rd, 2011, 03:10 AM   #758
isaidso
the new republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulv View Post
Your knowledge about Central Europe is less than zero.
Poland got rid of Communism so my comment is correct. Perhaps you should Google Solidarnosc or Lech Walesa.

I can't place this on King West at all. Is it on the north or south side? Love the brick and white. I'm tired of all the glass condos.

Last edited by isaidso; November 23rd, 2011 at 03:19 AM.
Old November 24th, 2011, 04:14 AM   #759
Marcanadian

Likes (Received): 2584

It's across the street from the Travelodge. They'll be demolishing the existing building on site, the blue one.
Old November 25th, 2011, 12:42 PM   #760
isaidso
the new republic

Ok, thanks. I travel down that stretch every day so I was surprised that I couldn't place it.

Tags
toronto