daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 25th, 2013, 07:35 PM   #861
filcan
mega manila | megacity

Likes (Received): 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaidso View Post
One Yonge Street 5 tower mega proposal: 98 floors, 92 floors, 70 floors, 70 floors, and a shorter tower.

Too close to the water...it will really ruin the scale of the CBD towers from the lake.

Sponsored Links
Old January 25th, 2013, 10:01 PM   #862
isaidso
the new republic

Likes (Received): 10817

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcan View Post
Too close to the water...it will really ruin the scale of the CBD towers from the lake.
First Canadian Place (tall white office tower with black corners in the back ground) is a full kilometre from the lake so its only a matter of time before the whole CBD is blocked by what's south of it. The Royal York Hotel is already largely blocked and the rest will follow. All one can hope for is that these newer buildings are as nice or better than what they block.

This rendering of another multi tower proposal puts things into perspective. This is the three tower 90 Harbour proposal. The five tower 1 Yonge proposal would sit a two blocks to the east (to the right) of this. As you can see, the CBD is quite far north of the lake.

I started my first photo thread documenting a recent trip to Halifax, Nova Scotia. Have a peek: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=724898

Last edited by isaidso; January 25th, 2013 at 10:28 PM.
isaidso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2013, 10:10 PM   #863
isaidso
the new republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenrikLar View Post
Great! I've never seen an architectural complex in Toronto like this...
I'm eagerly awaiting more detailed renderings. They look promising so far.

I started my first photo thread documenting a recent trip to Halifax, Nova Scotia. Have a peek: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=724898
Old January 25th, 2013, 10:12 PM   #864
Dmerdude

Likes (Received): 1788

Quote:
One Yonge Street 5 tower mega proposal: 98 floors, 92 floors, 70 floors, 70 floors, and a shorter tower.

Hope it gets built!
Dmerdude no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2013, 06:14 AM   #865
Cuernavacacity
BANNED

Likes (Received): 101

Quote:
Mexico City certainly is the dark horse.
Excuse me sir, I would like to know what do you mean with DARK HORSE, please?
Cuernavacacity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2013, 07:29 AM   #866
Innsertnamehere
insertoronto

Likes (Received): 678

he means it is the underdog, the one that might come out on top when nobody is expecting it to. it is meant as a compliment, as he (she?) sees the potential of mexico city to emerge as a north american highrise mecca.

rey misterio, Cuernavacacity, gdlrar liked this post
Innsertnamehere no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2013, 10:00 PM   #867
filcan
mega manila | megacity

Likes (Received): 12

Quote:
First Canadian Place (tall white office tower with black corners in the back ground) is a full kilometre from the lake so its only a matter of time before the whole CBD is blocked by what's south of it. The Royal York Hotel is already largely blocked and the rest will follow. All one can hope for is that these newer buildings are as nice or better than what they block.

This rendering of another multi tower proposal puts things into perspective. This is the three tower 90 Harbour proposal. The five tower 1 Yonge proposal would sit a two blocks to the east (to the right) of this. As you can see, the CBD is quite far north of the lake.

Yes it is a matter of time when it gets blocked but it will be unfortunate if all those towers in front of the CBD will be 90% condo towers. There will be even fewer office towers that will be viewed looking north from the lake and that really doesn't give much variety for Toronto's future skyline from that vantage point. Hopefully they put a bit more commercial mixed with residential in the future and consider more architectural pizzaz for the Harbourfront area, it's already sad that the iconic Fairmont Royal York is slowly disappearing from view from the islands.

Zn Steinbach liked this post
filcan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2013, 10:07 PM   #868
isaidso
the new republic

Agree. Not only would more office buildings be preferable, but the proliferation of glass is really taking the quality of the skyline down a few notches. Some areas of the city are beginning to look sterile and cold. All glass towers can look very temporary and don't give a city a sense of place the way a building with heavier materials can.

filcan liked this post

Last edited by isaidso; January 26th, 2013 at 10:19 PM.
Old January 27th, 2013, 03:44 AM   #869
Cuernavacacity
BANNED

Likes (Received): 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innsertnamehere View Post
he means it is the underdog, the one that might come out on top when nobody is expecting it to. it is meant as a compliment, as he (she?) sees the potential of mexico city to emerge as a north american highrise mecca.
Thanks!

Great city you have, btw
Cuernavacacity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2013, 05:01 PM   #870
isaidso
the new republic

East Waterfront

Quote:
Located on Lake Ontario in downtown Toronto, the 5.5 hectare (13.5 acres) 3C site is positioned between Cherry Street and Lakeshore Blvd East, just south of the Gardiner Expressway. A large-scale mixed-use urban development with 223 thousand square metres (2.4 million square feet) of residential, commercial, office, retail, and parking space, the 3C development is committed to creating a generous public realm. The constraints imposed on the project’s four sides, such as the Keating Channel to the south, Parliament Slip to the west, the railway corridor to the north, and the Gardiner Expressway and Lakeshore Boulevard to the north and east, create opportunities for important urban links that also serve as signature public spaces. One important urban threshold is the Red Brick Promenade, a large concourse and passageway that leads north-south from the popular Distillery District through a sequence of public spaces along the Trinity Street axis, ultimately culminating at what will become the third urban beach on the Toronto waterfront - Whisky Beach. Positioned to optimize the last long view across the harbour before narrowing at the Keating Channel, Whisky Beach occupies the triangular space resulting from the gradual parting of the Water’s Edge Promenade from the dock wall along the lake. Between Whisky Beach and the Distillery is Trinity Plaza, a large civic space accented by the giant interactive amber-coloured Whisky Fountain. Dousing beach-goers as they cool down, the fountain will also create a strong signature against the horizon of Lake Ontario.

With a total area of 3.1 hectares (7.5 acres), the proposed public realm reinforces the singular urban design vision established for the entire breadth of the downtown Toronto waterfront, while marking an important gateway to what will become the revitalized Port Lands. In parallel to the historical scale and character of the Distillery District, pedestrian circulation throughout the urban fabric of the 3C Waterfront site is proposed through a series of fine-grained mews that connect with shops, cafés, and mixed-use building entrances. Queens Quay Boulevard and its dedicated streetcar lines, bicycle paths, and high-quality streetscape passes east-west, separating the property into two halves. A civic square proposes to unify both sides to become a distinguished address for shops and cultural facilities.

Zn Steinbach liked this post

Last edited by isaidso; April 18th, 2013 at 05:13 PM.
Old April 18th, 2013, 05:01 PM   #871
isaidso
the new republic

481 University Avenue

image hosted on flickr

20130318_115838 by Traavis007, on Flickr

Last edited by isaidso; April 18th, 2013 at 05:19 PM.
Old April 18th, 2013, 05:02 PM   #872
isaidso
the new republic

592 Sherbourne

Old April 18th, 2013, 05:02 PM   #873
isaidso
the new republic

2131 Yonge Street (just south of Eglinton)

[IMG]http://i49.************/xqakol.jpg[/IMG]

Old April 18th, 2013, 05:03 PM   #874
isaidso
the new republic

383 Sorauren

[img]http://i50.************/2iuyy52.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i46.************/24g16rs.jpg[/img]

Old April 18th, 2013, 05:04 PM   #875
isaidso
the new republic

70-72 Carlton Street

[IMG]http://i46.************/2ly5phe.jpg[/IMG]

Old April 18th, 2013, 05:05 PM   #876
isaidso
the new republic

81 Wellesley Street East

[IMG]http://i45.************/5dpkpz.jpg[/IMG]

Old April 18th, 2013, 05:29 PM   #877
isaidso
the new republic

30 Ordnance Street

Developers : Cityzen Development, Fernbrook Homes, Diamond Corp and Build Toronto
Architects: Hariri Pontarini Architects and bKL Architecture

PD liked this post

Last edited by isaidso; April 18th, 2013 at 05:38 PM.
Old April 19th, 2013, 06:40 AM   #878
rychlik
BANNED

Likes (Received): 6603

Some great projects in T.O.
rychlik no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2013, 07:46 PM   #879
Chadoh25

Likes (Received): 805

70-72 Carlton Street is AWESOME! Love waves in it!
Chadoh25 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2013, 07:38 PM   #880
Tommy Boy
MEGATALLS for AMERICA

Likes (Received): 112

Would have loved to see some supertall skyscraper Projects going up also. Would have been Amazing and truly great for Toronto

http://www.twintowersalliance.com/images/Golden_Towers.png
Tommy Boy no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
toronto