daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Asian Skyscraper Forums > South East Asia > Singapore Skyscraper Forum

Singapore Skyscraper Forum » Projects | Heritage | Transport | Skyscrapers & Cityscapes | Skybar

Old July 8th, 2006, 02:18 PM   #1
Pinkerita

Likes (Received): 0

Singapore Botanic Garden Scenery

Well, I wasn't able to find a similar thread and surely such a beautiful place deserves a thread, so... (I'm very sorry if a thread with the same subject has already existed)

At least the ugly pics above can give viewers a hint of what you can expect there.... I hope
Pinkerita no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old July 8th, 2006, 03:42 PM   #2
JoSin
\Attituded\

Likes (Received): 142

They are not ugly pics. they are really rare views of singapore! Thanks a lot!
Old July 8th, 2006, 04:45 PM   #3
Pinkerita

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoSin
They are not ugly pics. they are really rare views of singapore! Thanks a lot!
Thanks for the compliment, !!
Pinkerita no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2006, 01:27 AM   #4
SEAfan
mumbling imprecations

Likes (Received): 3

Thanks a lot, Pinkerita! It's a wonderful idea to have a thread of Singapore's gardens and flowers.
SEAfan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2013, 09:25 AM   #5
iwankmarsel

Likes (Received): 45

Botanic garden's lake
iwankmarsel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2013, 03:55 PM   #6
Autobots
Let's Roll

Likes (Received): 3

SINGAPORE: Singapore's National Heritage Board (NHB) and National Parks Board (NParks) have invited the public to provide their feedback on Singapore's bid for the Singapore Botanic Gardens to be nominated as its first UNESCO World Heritage Site.

From now to December 2013, members of the public will be able to contribute feedback to the Nomination Dossier, which will eventually be submitted to the World Heritage Committee by February 1, 2014.

The committee will then deliberate on the nomination and decide if the Gardens will be inscribed as a World Heritage Site.

The Botanic Gardens was chosen for submission because it fulfills the criteria of having outstanding universal value.

Acting Minister for Culture, Community and Youth Lawrence Wong said rubber seeds grown in the garden propelled the growth of the rubber industry, and the development of Singapore from a fishing village to one of the world's busiest ports in the 20th century.

Conducted in two stages, the public can contribute feedback on two key documents within the Nomination Dossier: the Nomination Document, and the Site Management Plan.

From now, the public will be able to comment on the Nomination Document, which provides supporting evidence on how the Singapore Botanic Gardens fulfils UNESCO's inscription criteria.

And from November to December, views will be sought on the Site Management Plan, which outlines how the Gardens will be managed if successfully inscribed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.

Where possible, relevant feedback and information gathered from the public consultation process will be included in the Nomination Document.

The consultation process marks the culmination of a wider engagement on the nomination since 2010, when the government started its engagement of a number of stakeholders, such as the Singapore Heritage Society and the Nature Society (Singapore).

Underlining the importance placed on public consultations, Ms Jean Wee, director of the preservation of sites and monuments at NHB said, "The Singapore Botanic Gardens has been, and continues to be an important site of memory, and we would very much appreciate Singaporeans contributing their input in ways that they feel will support its successful inscription."

Dr Nigel Taylor, director of the Singapore Botanic Gardens, also hoped that members of the public would contribute historical information and ideas about the Botanic Gardens, which could also be used to make the heritage tours of the Gardens more meaningful for visitors.

Members of the public will be able to view the documents, and submit their views at www.sbg.org.sg/unesco. The Nomination Document will also be available for viewing at the three Visitor Information Counters at the Gardens.

The Botanic Gardens is currently on UNESCO's list of "tentative sites". If successful, it will join 981 sites worldwide that are recognised by UNESCO as having "outstanding universal value". - CNA/fa/ac
Autobots no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2013, 02:35 AM   #7
Mith252
Proud to be Malay-Chinese

Likes (Received): 218

News from TODAY.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.n...59089949_n.jpg

source: TODAY

Btw, if you can't see the images I posted, I have deleted them.
Mith252 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2014, 12:41 AM   #8
Mith252
Proud to be Malay-Chinese

Likes (Received): 218

News from TODAY.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.n...05856941_n.jpg

source: TODAY

Btw, if you can't see the images I posted, I have deleted them.
Mith252 no está en línea   Reply With Quote