daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 12th, 2006, 01:55 PM   #21
UT596001
BANNED

Likes (Received): 229

In Barcelona, many stations have an Park&Ride system. Only in FGC (Catalan Railways) -depend of the station, some stations are free and in some are by payment- and in RENFE (Spanish Railways) -depend of the station are free or must pay for park the car, low fares-. In subway service, only have this system Glòries (line L1) and they are no free.

In Vallès Occidental couty, they have the follow stations:
-FGC--> La Floresta, Valldoreix, Sant Cugat, Sant Joan, Sant Quirze, Sabadell-Estació, Hospital General, Les Fonts. Martorell-Vila (T.M.Castellbisbal)
-RENFE C4: Barberà del Vallès, Sabadell-Sud, Sant Miquel de Gonteres, Viladecavalls, Vacarisses; Castellbisbal
-RENFE C7: Cerdanyola-Universitat, Sant Cugat del Vallès, Rubí, Castellbisbal.
UT596001 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 12th, 2006, 02:21 PM   #22
Alargule
Res Uder et Siger

Likes (Received): 2080

Amsterdam has a few locations; the largest ones can be found at:

ArenA (the soccer stadium): the Transferium where you can park your car and get free metro tickets in return;
Sloterdijk, where a large P+R facility opened just recently.
Alargule no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2006, 08:01 PM   #23
DrJoe
Registered Idiot

Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybean
Make that a limited number of lots with "free" parking... and with a small window of parking (not weekdays)
Really? I am only familar with the Lakeshore East line (mostly Pickering, Ajax, Whitby, Oshawa) and they all have huge parking lots and 75% of it is free. I guess it depends greatly on the location.
Old July 13th, 2006, 03:53 AM   #24
spongeg

Likes (Received): 1730

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewcs
Vancouver has almost no park and ride facilities. Other than the WCE system, (and one in Surrey), I don't think there are any. Worse, the skytrain system stops at a lot of malls with big empty lots, but your legally not allowed to use them for park and ride or you can get towed. I would use transit so much more if I could park and ride!
yup - there was one in coquitlam near the toys r us and a bus loop but they closed that down - years before skytrain even went in

there are perhaps unnofficial park n rides - i know around lougheed mall people park where ever they can (surely not all those people are shopping at the sears outlet - lol) and ride in on the skytrain and near the gilmore station is a little hiden type of parking lot next to the home depot and you can see it is full duringthe day - obviously people catching the skytrain

i was just in Portland Or and they had a really nice park n ride next to the MAX - Vancouver could really use some of those types of multilevel stations next to the skytrain for commuters

that area of nothing land next to braid station would be a great spot for a multi-level parking garage for people who choose to park n ride - its been sitting empty for years - but i think they want condos to go there - like anyone would want to live on that land - yuck
spongeg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2006, 05:09 AM   #25
Bikkel
sadfox

Likes (Received): 1

In Arnhem you would park your car and get on a (trolley) bus. Works perfectly well. It's free of charge as well.
Bikkel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2006, 12:58 PM   #26
Hybrid 87
a.k.a. The King Arthur

Likes (Received): 525

Riga hasen't got one yet, but there are plans for such to be built
Old July 16th, 2006, 05:56 AM   #27
Jimmy James
I want to do you slowly

Likes (Received): 0

In the Australian Capital Territory there are Bus Park & Ride facilities at the 3 major suburban shopping centres - all connecting by Bus to each other and the Canberra CBD as well as peripheral routes.

In Brisbane some Bus services have Bike Racks for cyclists to be able to transport their bikes without inconveniencing other passengers. I also beleive the stops along the Brisbane SE Busway are park & ride.

http://televisionrant.blogspot.com/
Daily Australian Television Ratings
Jimmy James no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2006, 06:10 AM   #28
desirous

Austin has a few, but not nearly as many as the colossal bus Park&Ride system in neighboring Houston.
desirous no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2006, 07:49 AM   #29
sharpie20
Wlis

Likes (Received): 4

I don't think there's one here in San Diego but i used to live in Seattle and there was a park and ride system
sharpie20 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2006, 11:39 AM   #30
micro

Likes (Received): 106

All cities in Germany with subway or S-Bahn systems have park & ride concepts. The stations are marked with a standardised logo:

micro no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2006, 11:15 PM   #31
samsonyuen
SSLL

Likes (Received): 314

I don't drive, but it'd be quite handy if I did. It's much easier than having to find a parking space near work, and I don't have to drive through all the congestion.
samsonyuen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2006, 07:53 AM   #32
Manila-X
PINOY MOD

Likes (Received): 2615

I was in The Bay Area and they had one especially with The Caltrain. They had carparks in every station but not as multi-leveled compared to The Metropark Station of The NJ Transit.

But bike-n-ride is also popular with Bay Area commuters

Representing The Pinoy Community here in SSC!
Manila-X no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2006, 07:58 AM   #33
MexAmericanMoose
Screwston, Texas

Likes (Received): 1

yeah, Houston has quite a few of them
Old July 18th, 2006, 08:09 AM   #34
Manila-X
PINOY MOD

Likes (Received): 2615

One of my relative's friends lives in LA in San Dimas. They have sort of a PARK-N-RIDE concept but instead of taking the train, they park their car at this car park and take the express bus to Downtown LA.

Representing The Pinoy Community here in SSC!
Manila-X no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2006, 11:14 PM   #35
chico_pastor
A vida em movimento!MP :)

Metro do Porto, in Oporto (Portugal) has free parking facilities on most of its surface stations. In the underground stations there are also parking facilities at most of them but they are paid (in the centre of the city).
We have also a big "Park Metro" with more than 800 parking places at the station "Estádio do Dragão".

Park&Ride is one of the main objectives of the introduction of the subway in Porto.
chico_pastor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2006, 01:26 AM   #36
zergcerebrates

Likes (Received): 62

The Park and Ride concept in Hong Kong is pointless. With a few walk down the street you'll have an MTR station. Most Hongkees live in skyscrapers and underneath them gotta have a bus station if not a minibus station or not a taxi. Theres absolutely no need to drive a car in HK.
zergcerebrates no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2006, 01:30 AM   #37
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18153

Quote:
Originally Posted by zergcerebrates
The Park and Ride concept in Hong Kong is pointless. With a few walk down the street you'll have an MTR station. Most Hongkees live in skyscrapers and underneath them gotta have a bus station if not a minibus station or not a taxi. Theres absolutely no need to drive a car in HK.
Exactly, which is why park and ride has never taken off in HK. For those living in the outlying suburbs, there are even cheap connecting bus services between major housing estates and the rail station.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2006, 03:00 AM   #38
herenthere
I♥H.K.

Likes (Received): 70

I know the LIRR (Long Island Railroad) in New York has a Park and Ride system.
Old July 27th, 2006, 09:38 AM   #39
allurban
All Urban

Likes (Received): 6

Toronto has both the "Kiss n Ride" drop offs and the "Park and Ride" lots, usually located at the former (and current) terminal stations along the subway system.

The commuter rail system (GO Transit) has large parking lots

Cheers, m
allurban no está en línea   Reply With Quote