daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Thai Forum > New Highrise developments

New Highrise developments Come see whats on the rise in this capital

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 11th, 2004, 05:07 AM   #1
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

Likes (Received): 1517

Waldorf Astoria + Magnolias Ratchaprasong, 60 Storey-242 M : Ratchaprasong

September 2003

Since the last issue, Cairncross Martin has secured further works with Bovis Lend Lease, both from the Sydney office and the Brisbane office. We have been engaged in a "supporting" role to their Project Managers, assisting them with some of the more peculiar nuances of FF&E management.

These projects include; the refurbishment of the Intercontinental Hotel, Sydney and The Sheraton Royal, Fiji.

Preliminary works have also been initiated for a new development of The Ritz Carlton, Bangkok. Following the recent completion of the Conrad Hotel, Bangkok, this project further consolidates Cairncross Martin's Bangkok office as the leading FF&E consultant in the region.

Cairncross Martin has also been "written up in the news!.... The Australian newspaper featured the firm in a major profile piece, 14th August 2003. The story, titled "The Inn Crowd Swing it from the Chandeliers" delved into how Andrew Cairncross and Michael Martin and the evolution of the FF&E industry as whole, including reference to both Australian and International projects completed by the firm. A copy of the article appears on our website.

Source : Cairncross Martin

http://www.cairncrossmartin.com.au/home.htm

-Imate pravo da ćutite, sve što budete rekli može i biće upotrebljeno protiv vas na forumu

You know you love me. XOXO.
Chad no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old January 11th, 2004, 10:15 PM   #2
BKKinTO
More than you know

Likes (Received): 0

So Ritz Calton will become a reality now. wooo...... which will be located at Royal Ratchadamri right? Any updates? Are they going to start soon?
BKKinTO no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2004, 07:33 PM   #3
kiku99
ไทย Amazing Thailand 泰国

Likes (Received): 6

that's great. i've always heard of their great reputation.

Bangkok Skyline Links
Thai forum | Bangkok Skyscrapers Info | Amazing Thailand | Bangkok City
kiku99 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2004, 07:23 AM   #4
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

- Royal Ratchadamri Development

We are traffic consultants to the design team on this prestigious development complex, located adjacent to the Grand Hyatt hotel in the heart of Bangkok. The development comprises partly "half-built" construction, abandoned during in the economic crisis, plus new development areas (total 3 tower of up to 45 storeys plus 6-level retail podium).

Source : http://mva.com.hk/projectupdatethailand.htm

-Imate pravo da ćutite, sve što budete rekli može i biće upotrebljeno protiv vas na forumu

Old April 27th, 2004, 04:23 PM   #5
kiku99
ไทย Amazing Thailand 泰国

oh so there will be 3 towers on the site?

Bangkok Skyline Links
Old April 27th, 2004, 04:45 PM   #6
archstudent
not student anymore

Likes (Received): 1027

i remember.. there are the older news mentioned about this before ...and someone post in this site ...anyone have that news.. ??

good to see the tallest building in ratchaprasong area will be rise
archstudent no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2004, 05:11 PM   #7
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

3 towers,......I'm still "what the hac"...., hmm....have to wait and se...

Old April 27th, 2004, 07:02 PM   #8
Pas

Likes (Received): 2

previous news:

02 December 2003 - Maneeya Realty announced that the Royal Rajdamri, an unfinished condominium and office complex on Rajdamri Rd Bangkok, is to be revived during the course of 2004 at a cost of Bt4 billion. Maneeya Realty has joined forces with a new partner, US real-estate developer Gannon. The project is likely to include a luxury hotel, serviced apartment, office and shopping centre components.

Source: http://www.hvsinternational.com/emai...htm#headline15
Pas no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2004, 07:17 PM   #9
rayman
BANNED

does anyone know how the design will look like?? will it be 3 towers next to eachother in that area totally??
rayman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2004, 07:20 PM   #10
Pas

Previously I was under a lot of impression that either the Wongkusolkit family or the Srivikorn family was behind this project, since these two families developed/own most of the buildings around Ratchaprasong intersection eg. Gran Hyatt Erawan, Gaysorn Plaza etc. The Royal Ratchadamri project was originally going to be developed jointly by the Srivikorn Group & Maneeya Group..

So it seems maneeya is now teaming up with Gannon.. and they'll then invite the Ritz Carlton Group to manage the 5 star hotel.

FYI The Srivikorn family is one of the biggest landlards in Bangkok in the olden days. They own/develop lots of shopping centres/ hotel in Central Bangkok, for example Gaysorn plaza, Intercontinental Hotel. Golden Land Plc was one of their subsidiary companies.
I speculate that the Srivikorn Group (Golden land), in their quest to restructure the company, had to let go a number of major unfinished projects, the like of Gold Pine Gardens which was sold to Siamphan Group and later renamed Urbana Langsuan.
Old April 27th, 2004, 07:23 PM   #11
Pas

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayman
does anyone know how the design will look like?? will it be 3 towers next to eachother in that area totally??
no idea.. the original plan for RR was for a 50 storey tower and lower podium. I think Archstudent posted some pics of Ritz Carlton before.
Old April 27th, 2004, 07:29 PM   #12
BKKinTO
More than you know

I hope to see they start the construction soon
BKKinTO no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2004, 07:34 PM   #13
Pas

I hope so too BKKinTO.. I reckon in 5 years time that area must have one of the highest concentration of 5 star hotels / shopping centres / convention centres than any cities in Asia :-)
Old April 27th, 2004, 09:06 PM   #14
rayman
BANNED

it will be awesome
rayman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2004, 02:06 AM   #15
kiku99
ไทย Amazing Thailand 泰国

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pas
Previously I was under a lot of impression that either the Wongkusolkit family or the Srivikorn family was behind this project, since these two families developed/own most of the buildings around Ratchaprasong intersection eg. Gran Hyatt Erawan, Gaysorn Plaza etc. The Royal Ratchadamri project was originally going to be developed jointly by the Srivikorn Group & Maneeya Group..

So it seems maneeya is now teaming up with Gannon.. and they'll then invite the Ritz Carlton Group to manage the 5 star hotel.

FYI The Srivikorn family is one of the biggest landlards in Bangkok in the olden days. They own/develop lots of shopping centres/ hotel in Central Bangkok, for example Gaysorn plaza, Intercontinental Hotel. Golden Land Plc was one of their subsidiary companies.
I speculate that the Srivikorn Group (Golden land), in their quest to restructure the company, had to let go a number of major unfinished projects, the like of Gold Pine Gardens which was sold to Siamphan Group and later renamed Urbana Langsuan.
yeah, i guess they had to sell many properties to cover their losses during financial crisis.

i am excited to see this project being resumed too.

Bangkok Skyline Links
Old April 28th, 2004, 03:41 AM   #16
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

Well... This project was before joined by Maneeya and Srivokorn....which means I think the Srivikorn sold their stakes to Gannon.....

Old April 28th, 2004, 03:44 AM   #17
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

I have to pic of the previous design tower.....but I'm quite possitive that they re-designed it....

Old June 10th, 2004, 12:32 PM   #18
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

The Royal Ratchadamri, 45+12 Storey : Ratchaprasong

Maneeya owner to spend billions on new projects

Ratchaprasong area to rival Paris, London

Sukanya Jitpleecheep

The owner of the Maneeya centre at Bangkok's Ratchaprasong intersection is pouring money back into his property investments, putting billions of baht into a new five-star hotel, serviced apartments and a commercial centre on remaining land in the area.

M.R.Tinasakti Saktidej Phanubandh, managing director of Maneeya Realty Co Ltd, said the company would develop a 45-storey, 380-room five-star hotel named the Royal Ratchadamri on Ratchadamri Road between the Grand Hyatt Erawan Hotel and Peninsula Plaza.

The 6.5-rai plot, leased from the Crown Property Bureau for 30 years, will also hold a 130-room serviced apartment complex and a 12-storey office building with total space of 10,000 square metres.

''The Royal Ratchadamri Hotel will be a new choice for customers in the area. It will offer a unique service and new atmosphere, when compared to the Grand Hyatt Erawan, Four Seasons and the InterContinental,'' said M.R. Tinasakti.

''The three existing hotels have different characters as US, Canadian and UK brands. With the addition of our new hotel, the area would be the first location in the world to have four international hotel chains.''

M.R. Tinasakti said the company was also planning to develop the 35-storey Royal Maneeya Tower on a 10-rai plot of land beside Maneeya Centre.

The tower will include 10,000 square metres of office space, 99 serviced apartments and 76 condominiums. At the same time, it will develop the Maneeya Shopping Centre on 5,000 square metres next to the Royal Maneeya Tower.

All of the projects would be completed by 2007, he said.

''It is the first time since the economic crisis in 1997 that we have undertaken an investment worth several billion baht,'' he said.

The projects would help fulfill his goal of transforming the Ratchaprasong district into a world-class shopping destination along the lines of the Champs d'Elyse{AAC}es in Paris, Oxford Street in London and Orchard Road in Singapore.

The Ratchaprasong Square Trade Association (RSTA), the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration and the Tourism Authority of Thailand will invest 100 million baht to improve infrastructure including expanding sidewalks, installing destination signs and building more bridges linking buildings in the area over the next year or two, said RSTA president Chai Srivikorn, whose family owns the upmarket Gaysorn centre and the InterContinental Hotel.

Source : Bangkokpost : May 26, 2004

Old June 10th, 2004, 01:42 PM   #19
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

Sign in front of the site :

Old June 10th, 2004, 01:42 PM   #20
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

Engaged Companies :