daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 22nd, 2007, 10:21 AM   #621
Brendan

Likes (Received): 23

Beautiful glistening facade.
Brendan no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 22nd, 2007, 01:26 PM   #622
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 17790

The utilities have to be stored somewhere, so I don't think that room is wasted at all. There shouldn't be more than 3-4 refuge floors on a skyscraper that height anyway, and it's a safety requirement. Even the tall residentials being built today have refuge floors. They're very easy to spot at night when there's a glistening floor in the middle of the tower.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2007, 11:49 AM   #623
fatshe

Likes (Received): 18

3-11-07

Other...

Last edited by fatshe; November 4th, 2007 at 03:20 PM.
fatshe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2007, 01:07 PM   #624
Skyscrapercitizen
TIMBY

Likes (Received): 5421

love it! Thanks for updates!
Old November 4th, 2007, 01:58 PM   #625
Alweron

Likes (Received): 8

I don't understand what's the matter with these refuge floors. Of course it's better to have many of those in a skyscraper. 69 floors is very much whether 11 of them are refuge floors or not. If there's a fire (in the lower floors especially), there will soon be a panic. Then those floors will be full of people. And if there's more than just few of them, there will be less people and less panic. The greater the number of hysteric people is, the bigger panic there will be and the faster will it spread.
Alweron no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2007, 03:16 PM   #626
Tag_one

Likes (Received): 6

I really like the way this building turned out. The facade looks very nice and detailed and the shapes are perfect.
Tag_one no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2007, 04:11 PM   #627
velut arbor aevo

Likes (Received): 11

so true
velut arbor aevo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2007, 04:37 AM   #628
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Quality accommodation raises expectations
31 October 2007
South China Morning Post

As rates for premium office space continue to reach new levels, so do the expectations from executive tenants for more than just good service and a place to work.

Companies across the board are growing in line with the economy and agents are finding that corporate clients are looking for increasing added value in the properties they lease.

For the developers this has meant that they have to invest more in both their existing and new projects across Hong Kong to create what a prominent industry executive is calling "responsible luxury".

This responsible luxury was a key factor in one of the largest deals of the year when DBS Hong Kong agreed two weeks ago to rent more than 220,000 sqft of grade-A office space at One Island East from Swire Properties.

Amy Yip, chief executive of DBS HK, said the move further signalled the bank's aggressive growth plans in Hong Kong and also allowed for the needs of the employees.

"By providing a working environment that is modern and conducive, the move to the new building underscores DBS' commitment to invest in its people," Ms Yip said. "As we grow our business here, we need to provide for our current and future expansion needs. "

Occupying 11 floors, DBS HK will be an anchor tenant for the duration of the 10-year lease period in the 70-storey building that is expected to be completed next March.

Relocating to One Island East will allow the bank to consolidate its various support office operations into one building and provide a long-term occupancy solution in support of its drive to build its franchise across Asia.

Other major tenants who have pre-leased at the site include multinational corporations from the financial services, insurance, construction, shipping, marketing and real estate sectors, four of which are establishing their Hong Kong headquarters in the building.

This constitutes more than 500,000 sqft of the 1.25 million sqft of available space.

The DBS lease was brokered by Jones Lang LaSalle, and Gavin Morgan, its regional director and head of markets, said he believed that pre-commitments of this nature were evidence that both demand and sentiment remained strong in the commercial property market.

"These new commitments also underline Island East's prominence as a home for the local and multinational business community, and Swire Properties' commitment to expanding its grade-A offering in a continually improving commercial environment," Mr Morgan said.

Director and general manager of Swire Properties Stephan Spurr said the deal was proof that the firm's commitment to quality and the creation of corporate communities was working as part of its drive for "responsible luxury".

"The rapid take-up of office space at One Island East indicates the tenant community's confidence in the building's top-flight specification, its accessibility, supporting infrastructure, excellent amenities and our management services," Mr Spurr said.

"Despite the choices available in the market, these pre-lets also pay tribute to the outstanding quality of One Island East."

One Island East consists of 59 levels of prestige office accommodation, contained within an environmentally efficient glass and stainless steel clad structure. Each typical 22,000 sqft floor plate enables a highly flexible office configuration.

Mr Spurr said the company more than met the expectations of office tenants across its portfolio by creating a premium environment with a range of superior amenities, offering much more than office space.

"For example, in Island East, all the office towers are inter-connected by footbridges and connected to the Taikoo and Quarry Bay MTR stations," he explained. "These offices now lie within the ambit of some 180 shops and dining outlets at Cityplaza, and will benefit from the synergy which our new business hotel will add to the community.

"What we are also finding is a growing expectation from corporations that our building designs are created for and run along sustainable environmental lines which, I am happy to say, One Island East will be setting a new benchmark for."

Mr Spurr said responsible luxury was where prestige design was allied with a respect for the environment. Flanking the space is an extensive landscaped plaza with water features and access via a connected walkway system to Taikoo Place and public transport links. These include proximity to the Taikoo and Quarry Bay MTR Stations, as well as parking for 1,420 private cars.

The building is surrounded by an unmatched array of shopping and entertainment opportunities with a 300-room hotel scheduled to be completed in 2009 and managed by Swire.

The company strategy is to "hub" its investment developments at major mass transport intersections, providing the highest level of accessibility and connectivity for its tenants and patrons.

In terms of service, Swire typically manages its own properties while office teams combine the functions of leasing and management so that tenants receive a through-train style of attention and professional delivery.

Its completed portfolio in Hong Kong totals more than 13 million sqft of gross floor area, with Island East, Pacific Place and Festival Walk as its core holdings.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
Old November 5th, 2007, 04:45 AM   #629
Skybean
天豆

Likes (Received): 271

Everything in HK is so easily accessible. They can't go wrong by relocating to Quarry Bay - interchange to Kowloon MTR lines and the Island line, tram, bus+++. How many cities would kill for this type of connectivity? Also, so many great retail options in the surronding area. Might as well make a giant sky bridge labyrinth linking all of Hong Kong Island together in the sky.
Old November 5th, 2007, 06:45 AM   #630
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Part of it is prestige actually. If I'm a wealthy client, I'd be shopping in Central and then popping up to my wealth manager in a posh Central location office. I wouldn't be so happy going out of the way to Quarry Bay would I?

This is something banks that run private banking operations face when they decide to relocate. It seems West Kowloon is acceptable so far, but I doubt other investment banks or private banks will want to follow suit to move their whole operations out of the core. It'll be a big PR mistake to ask an IPO client from Shanghai to meet you in Quarry Bay. They probably don't even know where that is.

Old November 7th, 2007, 07:40 PM   #631
eddie88

Likes (Received): 55

very nice!
eddie88 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2007, 08:08 PM   #632
raymond_tung88

Likes (Received): 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkskyline View Post
Part of it is prestige actually. If I'm a wealthy client, I'd be shopping in Central and then popping up to my wealth manager in a posh Central location office. I wouldn't be so happy going out of the way to Quarry Bay would I?

This is something banks that run private banking operations face when they decide to relocate. It seems West Kowloon is acceptable so far, but I doubt other investment banks or private banks will want to follow suit to move their whole operations out of the core. It'll be a big PR mistake to ask an IPO client from Shanghai to meet you in Quarry Bay. They probably don't even know where that is.
I agree but if Quarry Bay were as posh as Central, there wouldn't be a problem.
raymond_tung88 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2007, 09:49 PM   #633
gladisimo
If I could be anyone...

Likes (Received): 39

The problem is, it isn't. Not yet, anyway. It would be cool to have a secondary CBD on Island East. But only if there's enough growth to sustain it so that it looks as good as Central does.

RIP Dopey - 9/2005 - 20/2/2008
gladisimo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2007, 11:10 PM   #634
raymond_tung88

Likes (Received): 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladisimo View Post
The problem is, it isn't. Not yet, anyway. It would be cool to have a secondary CBD on Island East. But only if there's enough growth to sustain it so that it looks as good as Central does.
Hong Kong has multiple CBD's (Wan Chai, Admiralty). Those areas were developed for the same reasons why Quarry Bay and West Kowloon are today. If you look at how posh those areas are, you can be sure to see Quarry Bay like that in the future. The prospects are looking good... as long as the right decisions are made.

On another note, I was surprised to see that the roof height for One Island East is taller than the Bank of China's.
raymond_tung88 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2007, 11:42 PM   #635
gladisimo
If I could be anyone...

Likes (Received): 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymond_tung88 View Post
Hong Kong has multiple CBD's (Wan Chai, Admiralty). Those areas were developed for the same reasons why Quarry Bay and West Kowloon are today. If you look at how posh those areas are, you can be sure to see Quarry Bay like that in the future. The prospects are looking good... as long as the right decisions are made.

On another note, I was surprised to see that the roof height for One Island East is taller than the Bank of China's.
I consider that whole area one big CBD, since they're adjacent to each other. In contrast, though Quarry Bay is farther away from Central.

RIP Dopey - 9/2005 - 20/2/2008
gladisimo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2007, 05:41 AM   #636
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymond_tung88 View Post
I agree but if Quarry Bay were as posh as Central, there wouldn't be a problem.
I doubt it'll happen in Quarry Bay. I see it being more likely for ICC.

Old November 10th, 2007, 01:07 PM   #637
Aboveday

Likes (Received): 11

By Tongsung @ dcfever.com

Two new office tower projects waiting for approval:

1.One Island East(308m)
2.Proposed office tower (270.25m)
3.Proposed office tower (246.6m)

太古坊3物業 申重建2摩廈
涉樓面201萬呎 最高逾60層
文章日期:2007年11月10日

【明報專訊】中區商廈租金持續上升,非核心區商廈發展潛力大增。港島東商廈大業主太古(0019),向城規會一次過申請將太古坊內的3幢工業樓宇——常盛大廈、康和大廈及和域大廈,重建為2幢摩天大廈。其中1幢樓高270.25米(約60多層),將可排在中環長江集團中心之後,成為全港第十高的大廈。連同旁邊即將落成的全港第八高大廈——港島東中心,以及另一幢擬建的約55層大廈,若計劃落實,太古城旁將矗立3幢摩廈。

擬重建的3幢大廈,均位處太古坊較中央、離英皇道較遠的位置,現時用作數據中心、寫字樓及後勤貨倉。根據太古年報,康和大廈有8層的業權,由政府持有。申請書指出:「曾有意購康和大廈的餘下業權,可惜並不成功。」而重建的2幢摩廈2A座及2B座,樓面分別有95.3萬及105.7萬方呎,合共201萬方呎,等同一幢中環國金二期的樓面。

樓面等同國金二期

提出申請的太古坊控股有限公司,為太古全資持有。申請書指出,太古城主要組成部分為「綜合發展區」(另外靠近英皇道的德宏大廈及康橋大廈,位處另一商業地帶)。而該發展區的第一期重建工作已經完成(發展為林肯大廈及多盛大廈),第二期尚有2幢大樓有待興建。

申請書指出,由於已批核的發展藍圖未能於限期內展開發展,現提交一個新發展藍圖。在建築高度方面,2A座的設計由原先批核的295米降低至現申請的246.6米,而2B座的高度為270.25米,並不高於已批核的高度。太古指出,其中屋宇署對2A座的批核仍然有效。

增休憩用地 已作環評

太古同時指出,新藍圖增加了4306方呎的休憩用地,亦會擴闊現有的行人天橋,並擬備了環境影響評估、交通規劃評估、景觀影響評估及空氣流通的評估報告。

太古早前指出,位於申請項目旁、約於明年3月落成的港島東中心,共125萬方呎樓面,已租出50萬呎,目前尚有近20萬呎洽商中,租約5年至10年不等,呎租約30元。

明報記者周偉強報道
Aboveday no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2007, 01:52 PM   #638
_00_deathscar

Likes (Received): 217

Yes please! Yes please! BUILD THEM!
_00_deathscar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2007, 01:54 PM   #639
_00_deathscar