daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 6th, 2006, 07:50 PM   #301
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Likes (Received): 15913

These new towns lack density imho, they should build more huge residential condos.

More than 300 supertall projects on going in China.
z0rg no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 6th, 2006, 07:58 PM   #302
flybird

Likes (Received): 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0rg
These new towns lack density imho, they should build more huge residential condos.

normally, any huge city whose satellite cities are mainly for living. people live out of city center and work in it.

these city are connected by city train, bus and so on.

I think you means another city center , there are 10 CBDs in shanghai and potential center places are at least 10.

if shanghai GDP growing too fast , I think people will build another shanghai near it, so 12 new towns could be any one.

huge residential condos is only for the people living in center, because the lack of land. more people pefer villa than tall building in sub-city.
flybird no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2006, 08:31 PM   #303
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Well, Songjiang is not too far from the city center... They should build more residentials over 20 floors instead of so many mid rises since Shanghai municipality is getting fully urbanized too fast. I persoanlly expect from Shanghai conurbation to reach 30 million inhabitants or even more within a couple of decades, as Tokyo has done. But Tokyo looks too extensive to me.

I sometimes feel like Shanghai seeks an American model with all those extensive low rise suburbs, which is a big error. It is a waste of land, resources, energy, etc. Although Shanghai still doesn't lack land I'd prefer another style closer to Hong Kong, I hope they build more and more residential highrises both in the center and in the suburbs. Love this kind of neighborhood:

Yes, it is Shanghai.

Old August 6th, 2006, 11:16 PM   #304
WhiteMagick
Moderator - Επιτηρητής

I have seen some really dreadful HongKong neighbourhoods. The buildings are so packed up together that they look like a one hugesque building. Really ungly.

如果希腊国民继续信阴谋论,外资救世主的,不为自己的行为负责, 他们会灭亡。

人は何かの犠牲なしに何も得ることはできない。何かを得るためには同等の代価が必要になる。それが、生活における等価交換の原則だ。その頃僕らは、それが世界の真実だと信じていた。時間は、最も貴重な資源である。だから、誰の時間もあなたは無駄にしてはいけないし、誰もが他の人の時間を無駄にしないでください。
WhiteMagick no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2006, 04:41 AM   #305
flybird

Quote:
Well, Songjiang is not too far from the city center... They should build more residentials over 20 floors instead of so many mid rises since Shanghai municipality is getting fully urbanized too fast. I persoanlly expect from Shanghai conurbation to reach 30 million inhabitants or even more within a couple of decades, as Tokyo has done. But Tokyo looks too extensive to me.

I sometimes feel like Shanghai seeks an American model with all those extensive low rise suburbs, which is a big error. It is a waste of land, resources, energy, etc. Although Shanghai still doesn't lack land I'd prefer another style closer to Hong Kong, I hope they build more and more residential highrises both in the center and in the suburbs. Love this kind of neighborhood:

Yes, it is Shanghai.
Hongkong is rare-land city. plenty of islands and mountains, they have to build ultra high buildings to contain 7 million resident.

Although shanghai residents is double of hongkong, but she is located on plain. high buildings in shanghai IS only because of the large population in the city center.

if shanghai population is 30 million like tokyo. that is awful, that means a city group must be established. (tokyo and yokohama and so on), personally, I realy don't want it happen.

now a yangzi river economic delta containing shanghai, nanjing, suzhou, wuxi 16 cities, will share the population burden of shanghai. each city has his playing role for this zone growing.
Old August 7th, 2006, 09:25 AM   #306
flybird

Diamond mansion

hight: 74m

maybe it is real diamond

Old August 7th, 2006, 10:33 AM   #307
greenlay

Likes (Received): 10

Shanghai European Style Small Towns:

Anting New Town

Luodian New Town

The Thames Town

greenlay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2006, 12:10 PM   #308
WhiteMagick
Moderator - Επιτηρητής

Wow i never knew there this type of neighbourhoods in Shanghai! They look lovely! They remind me of England and the Netherlands!

人は何かの犠牲なしに何も得ることはできない。何かを得るためには同等の代価が必要になる。それが、生活における等価交換の原則だ。その頃僕らは、それが世界の真実だと信じていた。時間は、最も貴重な資源である。だから、誰の時間もあなたは無駄にしてはいけないし、誰もが他の人の時間を無駄にしないでください。
Old August 7th, 2006, 12:34 PM   #309
YelloPerilo
BANNED

Likes (Received): 35

They look like Mickey Mouse's home. Only insecure and childish people with money but little culture and an inferiority complex would live there.
YelloPerilo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2006, 12:41 PM   #310
Newcastle Guy

Likes (Received): 317

I think they look cool, it's good that Shanghai isn't just skyscrapers and tall resi towers. I haven't seen anything like that in England though, I think it looks more like mainland europe.
Newcastle Guy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2006, 12:54 PM   #311
pflo777
BANNED

Likes (Received): 89

@yello perillo : so you think about moving there ?
pflo777 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2006, 03:40 PM   #312
Anna Maria

Likes (Received): 12

Good joke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloPerilo
They look like Mickey Mouse's home. Only insecure and childish people with money but little culture and an inferiority complex would live there.
Rubbish, hahahaha! Such stupid words I never heard in my life!

There are millions of such houses in Europe. Their architecture remembers me also of a lot of German small towns, and they are a dream of people still living in dirty huge blocks of flats/apartment houses.
People who would like to change small and clean houses for anonymous and dirty apartments in tall blocks are nothing else than idiots.
I also lived in such a small house in Qingdao, where people knew each other much better, than in big ones, where they lived before. Very good quality and very comfortable, much better than American "wooden" standard.
Insecure??? Do you really think that Chinese must be thiefs and criminals? Or you mean foreigner in China are tiefs?

@flybird
You're absolutely right. Hongkong had no other choice than to build these terrible thin skyscrapers, containing 100 or more tiny 20sqm apartments. China is a big country, so must avoid such tall blocks as fast as possible. I'm absolutely sure, that they will be demolished in 20-40 years again, like in some European cities now, Berlin as example.

BTW ... If all Chinese want to go to Shanghai, it's their problem. No compulsion. Anyhow, Shanghai's downtown becomes the biggest "prison" in China.
Anna Maria no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2006, 03:43 PM   #313
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

I wonder why do they build such buildings in Shanghai. Totally out of place... Looks like a Western theme park

Old August 7th, 2006, 05:11 PM   #314
greenlay

House developers build western houses just for money,not because they want Shanghai to be re-colonized.They have to build all kinds of styles to attract potential buyers.Actually every city even Beijing has European suburbs like that.And if more people are willing to buy traditional Chinese houses,they will build them as well.

Shanghai has a cosmopolitism tradition,so middle class here like western cultral,and are dreaming to live in European Villas like the rich in 1930s.So government planed eight different small town aroud Shanghai hoping to spur the market.

Rich men used to live in such houses.

Now more are build.Various...
Look at this:The Shanghai Zi Garden.Every house stands in its own island.and,sells twenty or thirty million dollars every one.More expensive ones are aroud them.

And this,a mix of highrises and lowrises...
Old August 7th, 2006, 05:25 PM   #315
Ohno

Likes (Received): 34

These kinds of single family houses are not allowed to build by government recently.
Ohno no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2006, 06:52 PM   #316
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

$20 million, incredible! They should build more Chinese traditional houses with their inner gardens, etc. I visited several ones in Suzhou and Hangzhou, so beautiful! Such furniture, such gardens, such facade... Awesome! I wonder why don't they build more mansions inspired in the national tradition instead of those tasteless villas. I personally prefer luxury highrises anyway.

Imagine Shanghai surrounded by suburbs with that aspect.

Old August 7th, 2006, 07:12 PM   #317
greenlay

Quote:

$20 million, incredible! They should build more Chinese traditional houses with their inner gardens, etc. I visited several ones in Suzhou and Hangzhou, so beautiful! Such furniture, such gardens, such facade... Awesome! I wonder why don't they build more mansions inspired in the national tradition instead of those tasteless villas. I personally prefer luxury highrises anyway.

Imagine Shanghai surrounded by suburbs with that aspect.
Today some Suzhou billionaire start to build Chinese traditional houses with private gardens again.A businessman named Chen Jingen used ten years to build his own house which costs twenty million dollars.Since China is becoming stronger,there will be a nationalism revival just like Korea.So Chinese style is sure to boom some day.
Chen Jingen's house Jingsi Garden:

Old August 7th, 2006, 07:20 PM   #318
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Uf Spechless! Thanks for posting that beauty
BTW, I don't think this is a matter of nationalism but good taste. Just compare Lao Chen's home with the other villa.

Old August 7th, 2006, 07:57 PM   #319
raymond_tung88

Likes (Received): 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohno
These kinds of single family houses are not allowed to build by government recently.
Why not and where is that beauty in Shanghai located in?
raymond_tung88 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2006, 07:57 PM   #320
WhiteMagick
Moderator - Επιτηρητής

Wow awesome housing! i'd love to own such a traditional style house in the Shanghai surburbs!