daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 8th, 2006, 03:09 PM   #361
flybird

Likes (Received): 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohno
When is the building built? lately?

seems a few years ago, I really don't like it!!
flybird no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 8th, 2006, 03:09 PM   #362
greenlay

Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohno
But, this happened in every chinese cities. Those highrises cause pollution problems without doubt.
Look at them more careful,guy.
greenlay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2006, 03:09 PM   #363
staff
囧!

Location: Hong Kong | Singapore | Melbourne | Malm÷ | Copenhagen | Shanghai
Likes (Received): 717

Who made this "manipulation"? It's my photo originally (as you can see on the watermark).
Old August 8th, 2006, 03:15 PM   #364
greenlay

Quote:
Originally Posted by staff
Who made this "manipulation"? It's my photo originally (as you can see on the watermark).
I'm SORRY to have ignored it.Just for fun.If you care,I will delete it within some hours.
Old August 8th, 2006, 03:16 PM   #365
greenlay

Now it can't be seen anymore...
Old August 8th, 2006, 05:17 PM   #366
staff
囧!

Location: Hong Kong | Singapore | Melbourne | Malm÷ | Copenhagen | Shanghai
Likes (Received): 717

It's no problem really, but remember to always write the name of the photographer when posting someone's photos - and also to mention that the photo is a manipulation (if it is, that is).
Old August 8th, 2006, 05:26 PM   #367
teddybear
City Reformist

Likes (Received): 491

Are all the buildings in that North Bund photo real or some of them just photoshop? And I like the Minhang District Court.
Old August 9th, 2006, 12:06 AM   #368
drunkenmunkey888

Likes (Received): 53

Quote:
The first time I saw that I almost puked into the taxi.5000 years history and China ends up with a cheap copy.
Its actually a very excellent copy id say. Take this people's courst/capitol structure out of context and no one would guess that it is in minhang. i know ppl are outraged at how it spits on chinese culture but you have to admit it is a very good imitation
drunkenmunkey888 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2006, 12:37 AM   #369
chenium

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsh1802
One shld be really worried by this.....destroying the very few wetlands left in the world isn't a gud thing.

Hope u've made the statement out of concern, which i doubt u did, and not as a gud thing for tht particular region.

In fact this is not a naturally formed wet land. The whole jiangwan region had been a military airforce base. The PLAAF has stopped using the airport for more than 20 years due to security concern during the dramatic expansion of the suburban. So the airport had been desolate while many birds and animals was living there without being disturbbed by humanbeing. Finally Shanghai municipal bought the land from PLA.

Last edited by chenium; August 9th, 2006 at 12:42 AM.
chenium no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2006, 01:18 AM   #370
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Likes (Received): 16076

More North Bund renders

Pano

North Bund Wheel

Stale proposal

Shanghai Kiss, stale proposal

More than 300 supertall projects on going in China.
z0rg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2006, 01:19 AM   #371
YelloPerilo
BANNED

Likes (Received): 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkenmunkey888
Its actually a very excellent copy id say. Take this people's courst/capitol structure out of context and no one would guess that it is in minhang. i know ppl are outraged at how it spits on chinese culture but you have to admit it is a very good imitation
From afar it does look real, but have you stand infront of it? The proportion and lots of elements of Eurpean (neo-) classical architecture were not understood.
YelloPerilo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2006, 01:23 AM   #372
YelloPerilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenium
In fact this is not a naturally formed wet land. The whole jiangwan region had been a military airforce base. The PLAAF has stopped using the airport for more than 20 years due to security concern during the dramatic expansion of the suburban. So the airport had been desolate while many birds and animals was living there without being disturbbed by humanbeing. Finally Shanghai municipal bought the land from PLA.
The former border between the two Germanies is not natural as well, but a great part of it has become a refuge for many endangered wild animals and is now protected by law and has become a great place for recreation and tourists.
Old August 9th, 2006, 02:10 AM   #373
desirous

Likes (Received): 0

I would assume the DMZ between North/South Korea would be a refuge too following potential unification.

Shanghai's "new town" construction does not make sense to me; all I see it doing is causing traffic and environmental problems. Why not add more density in city districts? Public transport can handle the density, the inadequate motorways cannot. If that does not work, make the new towns high-density transit hubs. Build an organic city like Hong Kong, and cut out the hokey projects that look like what Las Vegas vomited out after eating Dubai's excrement.

Yello, the 'shikumen' are the Xintiandi-style homes, right? I'm not familiar with Chinese architecture.

Is it true that Hamburg has fuel-cell buses?
desirous no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2006, 02:20 AM   #374
godblessbotox
la is pritty

Likes (Received): 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0rg
ugh... that is horrible. im glad it did not go anywere.

and whats with every city tring to make the london eye... what is the appeal of having a year round ferris wheel?

me+flickr=joy
godblessbotox no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2006, 03:33 AM   #375
chenium

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloPerilo
The former border between the two Germanies is not natural as well, but a great part of it has become a refuge for many endangered wild animals and is now protected by law and has become a great place for recreation and tourists.
Jiangwan locates at the junction of three highly populous and industrilized municipal district, Baoshan, Zhabei, and Yangpu. And it is surrounded by skyscrapers, railway, expressway, container depots, factories, etc. So I believe it is unrealistic to keep it refuge.

Anyway fortunately there are two well protected wetland/beach as refuge for wild animals (especially for birds) in Chongming Island, Shanghai. They are The 东滩 East Beach/Dongtan (326 square Km) and North Lake/Beihu (12 square Km) Birds Refugees.

I find this news from
http://english.people.com.cn/english...816_48362.html

Dongtan Mudflat Applies for World's Important Wetlands
An application has been submitted recently to make a patch of mudflat at the estuary of the Yangtze River one of the world's most important wetlands.

Covering an area of 326 square kilometers, the Dongtan Mudflat, on Shanghai's Chongming Island, the country's third largest island, is a natural reserve for birds.

Dongtan Mudflat is the largest wetland at the estuary of the Yangtze River and still maintains its natural condition, untouched by humanbeing.

Natural conditions have made the Dongtan Mudflat a paradise for birds. It is at the middle point of the migration route of migrant birds in the Asia-Pacific region. Moreover, mild climate in the region has enabled trees and grasses to grow luxuriantly, which in turn provides bountiful food for migrant birds.

Currently, the Dongtan Mudflat is home to a total of nearly 3 million birds of 108 species, many of which are key animals under the country's protection.

Scientists are pleased to find that due to the tidal force and the accumulation of silt brought on by the Yangtze River, the Dongtan Mudflat has expanded in the area continuously.

Correspondingly, interesting changes have taken place to the birds, animals and vegetation on the island, making the mudflat a valuable venue for biological study.

To date, China has seven natural reserves listed as the world's important wetlands, including the Zhalong reserve in Heilongjiang province and Xianghai reserve in Jilin province.

崇明东滩是上海地区鸟类最大的栖息地,国际著名的侯鸟亚太迁徙路线上的重要驿站,每年在此过境和越冬的典型湿地鸟类有近100种,200多万只。总的鸟类181种,隶属13目36科,其中夏侯鸟17种,冬侯鸟64种,旅鸟79种,留鸟21种。国家一级保护侯鸟2种,二级保护鸟类9种,列入濒危野生动物国际贸易公约5种,中日保护协定鸟类72种,中澳保护协定鸟类72种。

在崇明岛的东部,有一个滩涂侯鸟保护区,面积有3万公顷,是世界上为数不多的野生鸟类集居、栖息地之一,目前正在申报世界重要湿地。东滩有116种鸟,尤其是小天鹅在东滩越冬数量达3000-3500只。更珍贵的如白额雁、绿鹭、黑脸琵鹭等也有。还有来自澳大利亚、新西兰、日本等国过境栖息候鸟,总数多达300万。在观鸟的季节里,可以看到大片鸟群像天上的白云般飘移而至,景象颇为壮观。

到东海观鸟,最佳的时机就是早晨,因为东海日出是崇明的一大自然胜景,崇明东滩地处东海最前沿。早晨既能观鸟又能观日出,真是一举二得。

So I suggest chinese forumers to orgnize a dedicated thread for Chongming Island.

http://www.dongtan.biz/images/pic/dtjs07.jpg

http://unn.people.com.cn/mediafile/2...2180814835.jpg

http://article.pchome.net/2004/10/09/cm09.jpg

http://www.stcsm.gov.cn/news/image/20060411-12.jpg

http://life.ecnu.edu.cn/sites/shengt...s/dongtan1.jpg

http://www.ctrip.com/images/tour/pp/cyq/6425-3B.jpg

http://www.ctrip.com/images/tour/pp/sh/4048-1B.jpg

http://www.bslib.org.cn/cjkms/chongm...2;区.jpg

Last edited by chenium; August 9th, 2006 at 12:56 PM.
chenium no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2006, 05:24 AM   #376
greenlay

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenium
You are right...
Aerial photo of Jiangwan:

Old August 9th, 2006, 06:36 AM   #377
greenlay

I don't like the "capitol" in Minghang personally because it locates on a wrong place.If its designer is Chinese,maybe he wanted to pass some information to make a Chinese court look like US political building,however,I would rather it is to be built in Shanghai Disneyland for children.
Old August 9th, 2006, 12:35 PM   #378
YelloPerilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by desirous
Yello, the 'shikumen' are the Xintiandi-style homes, right? I'm not familiar with Chinese architecture.

Is it true that Hamburg has fuel-cell buses?
Yes, Xintiandi is modernised/diesneyfied Shikumen. It is a mixture of Chinese architekture with European decorative elements.

Hamburg does have a few fuel-cell buses, but they are still on a trial.
Old August 9th, 2006, 03:40 PM   #379
flybird

what are they building on nanjing xi road CBD

any pics for these building?

only this corresponding.

flybird no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2006, 03:44 PM   #380
flybird

Quote: