daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 14th, 2006, 05:20 AM   #461
flybird

Likes (Received): 18

100% suporting!
flybird no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 14th, 2006, 01:13 PM   #462
WhiteMagick
Moderator - Επιτηρητής

Hands down the most revolutionary and beautiful project I have ever seen so far. It is absolutely ingenius to build such a symbolic building. It would be awesome to see more buildings as such in China. It will be very unique.

I really hope they build it!!!

如果希腊国民继续信阴谋论,外资救世主的,不为自己的行为负责, 他们会灭亡。

人は何かの犠牲なしに何も得ることはできない。何かを得るためには同等の代価が必要になる。それが、生活における等価交換の原則だ。その頃僕らは、それが世界の真実だと信じていた。時間は、最も貴重な資源である。だから、誰の時間もあなたは無駄にしてはいけないし、誰もが他の人の時間を無駄にしないでください。
WhiteMagick no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2006, 10:13 PM   #463
Ŝróndeimr
Adventurous!

Likes (Received): 2264

^ Danish architects, great work, wonderful project!
Ŝróndeimr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2006, 10:26 PM   #464
staff
囧!

Location: Hong Kong | Singapore | Melbourne | Malmö | Copenhagen | Shanghai
Likes (Received): 717

It's gonna be really hard to put it into reality though, I imagine!
Old October 14th, 2006, 10:30 PM   #465
Ŝróndeimr
Adventurous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by staff View Post
It's gonna be really hard to put it into reality though, I imagine!
Yes, but if they import some experts from CCTV Headquarters, Burj Dubai and Dancing Towers they should come up with a pretty decent solution.
Old October 14th, 2006, 10:51 PM   #466
Marcanadian

Likes (Received): 2585

Looks like an aero bar that was split down the middle.

Still a unique complex.
Old October 14th, 2006, 10:53 PM   #467
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6530

they must build it!! how tall will it be?
ZZ-II está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2006, 02:23 PM   #468
khoojyh
No more world war !!!

Location: Eastern Garden,City of Twins, Merlion City, Good Little Bay
Likes (Received): 51

People`s building design is awesome, how are they going to build???
its 90 degree round bend shape at the bottom, its amazing !!!!
khoojyh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2006, 11:43 PM   #469
staff
囧!

I think this is a pretty old rendering, at least one year old or so, but I wanted to ask z0rg and the other Chinese forumers if you know anything about it?

The tall building next to Maxdo is supposedly the TIPS China Building, which is listed as 290m on Emporis. Can anyone confirm this?

And, which building is it in the background? Looks quite tall and the location seems to be in or around Zhongshan Gongyuan.

Any info?
Old October 15th, 2006, 11:48 PM   #470
Ŝróndeimr
Adventurous!

A very interesting render staff, would love to know more about TISP as its been pretty unknown for a long time, and yet is even supose to be under construction, completion in 2008.
Old October 15th, 2006, 11:52 PM   #471
staff
囧!

2008? Wouldn't count on that!
Old October 16th, 2006, 01:28 AM   #472
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Likes (Received): 15921

@staff, I hope you or another skyscraper fan living in Shanghai to take a trip on Hongiao CBD some day, I'm pretty sure you'll find out several big projects

Here is all what I know about TIPS tower.

I posted this a year ago:

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0rg View Post
TIPS China building, 67F 290m u/c

PROJECT BACKGROUND

DEVNET/TIPS, an international non-profit NGO registered in Italy and headquartered in Rome, is an executive organization of the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) and was granted permanent consultative status (category I) by the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) in 1995. It aims at promoting international trade, technology transfer and economic cooperation between developed and developing countries and among developing countries themselves. Since its foundation, DEVNET/TIPS has made a lot of achievements and contributions to the promotion of technological exchange, popularization and product trade between China and other countries or regions through close cooperation with United Nations system and all the countries in the world.

In order to bring the role of the international organization DEVNET/TIPS into full play and closely connect the related United Nations and other international organizations, DEVNET/TIPS is considering to support and facilitate shanghai, which enjoys unique advantage in economic development, international influence and geographic location, to build a TIPS China Building to provide favorable conditions for the United Nations and other international organizations to establish operating offices and extend their influence in the Asian-Pacific region especially in the developing countries.

On November 26, 2002, Chinese Vice-premier Wen Jiabao attended and gave an address at the opening ceremony of the headquarters of the headquarters of the Asian and Pacific Center for Agricultural Engineering and Machinery (APCAEM) of the United Nations. "APCAEM is the first China-based official UN organization and it marks a step forward for the cooperation between China and the UN. With China,s further reform and opening-up, more UN and other international organizations will set up their headquarters in China and the Chinese government is ready to give support and provide work conditions for their operation," Vice-Premier Wen said at the event.
After the successful hosting of the 9th APEC Economic Leaders,Meeting (AELM) in shanghai in 2001, President Jiang Zenmin formally proclaimed that Shanghai would host the 60th session of the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and Pacific (UNESCAP). "China pays attention to and support the cooperation with UNESCAP, which will promote the partnership between China and UNESCAP as well as the United Nations at large," President Jiang added.

The Chinese government always welcomes and supports international organizations to establish operating offices and make cooperative projects in China. We are confident that building the TIPS China Building will undoubtedly close the ties between the international organization DEVNET/TIPS and China, facilitate technological, trade and economic information exchange between China and the rest of the world, attract more international and national organizations to move their offices to China, bring along the development of international trade, technological exchange and S&T cooperation in Shanghai area and even for the whole China, strengthen the cooperation and friendly relationship between China and the United Nations, the national governments, as well as the international institutions and enterprises.

SITE SELECTION

There are a lot of sites for TIPS CHINA BUILDING to be selected , such as : in Pudong,next to Huang Pu River, in the vicinity of EXPO 2010 site, along the north Bund of Huang Pu River, in Hong Qiao Economic and Technology Development Zone, Changning District, in Putuo District and etc.. Taking into consideration of the functions of TIPS CHINA BUILDING and its related requirements; timing; affection; the surrounding mature composite office facilities; renown of the site at home or abroad; various traffic structure; green environment planning; basic structure and prospect of continuous development of the surrounding environment of the site till the year of 2010, Changning District is to match our site selection requirement.

PRIORITIES OF CHANGNING DISTRICT

1. Basic Structure of Economic Development
Hongqiao Foreign Trade Center is the core of Changning District. With the third industry as it's main industry, Hongqiao area has become the first economic and technology development zone approved by China State Council. It's fast development and great success have been well known and won the good reputation at home and abroad. This area will be expanded from 0.67 to 1.78 square kilometers. Its main functions are foreign trade and business affairs. It has already formed a developing frame including 4 Golden Deltas in business, exhibition, hotel, shopping and foreign affairs.

Shopping Golden Delta consists of Hongqiao Friendship Store, Hongqiao Shanghai City and Wandu Center …
Exhibition golden Delta consists of World Trade Mart, International Exhibition Center, Agricultural Exhibition Hall …

Hotel Golden Delta consists of Yangtze Hotel, Hongqiao Hotel, Galaxy hotel, Hongqiao Guest House, Xing Guo Guest House and West Suburb Guest House…
Residential Golden Delta consists of 1900 villas and a large sum of apartment building which are built, being built and to be built; Gubei Residential Area, Hongqiao Terrace Area…
In Hongqiao area, the construction area of 1,330,000 square meters are for office buildings, 240,000 square meters for hotels and restaurants and 100,000 square meters for entertainment and amusement facilities.

2. Communication
Changning District is properly located at the point of "Y" joint of two freeways to Jiangsu and Zhejiang Provinces. With help of elevated roads, it is easily to go fro between east and west international airports in Shanghai. As the golden avenue in Shanghai third industry, ----------- Yanan Elevated Road starts from Hongqiao International Airport to Pudong International airport passing through Hongqiao Road, yanan Road, Nanking commercial street, crossing Huangpu River through tunnel, via Lujiazui business and financial center and Century Park in Pudong New District.
On the north of Changning District, The Suzhou river presents a good view on Dian Shan Lake in the west as well as Haungpu River in the east. There are out-mid-in three ring ways around the city. These three main fast speed roads are all going through Changning district (see map of Changning district attached). The extension of Metro Line No. 2 is now under construction. There will be a station by Lou Shan Guan Road. There would be a commercial street underground linking TIPS CHINA BUILDING direct to the underground mass transportation station.

3. Superiority of Ecological Environment
Changning District is one of the best city districts with the superiority of ecological environment. The average green area per person and percentage of the total green area in this district are bigger and higher then those in any other districts in the city.(see the picture attached).

Furthermore, Hongqiao Economic & technology Development Zone has made outstanding improvement in this aspect. Hongqiao Center Park, Yan Hong Street Park (planned to be built) are all near the place where TIPS CHINA BUILDING is to be built.

4. Superiority of Dwelling and Resources of Humanity and Qualified Personality
Changning District has always been one of the best places in Shanghai for dwelling. Generally speaking, most residents in Hongqiao area are highly educated. A lot of superior Chinese and oversea Chinese and foreigners are living, studying and working there. Changning District attracts people from Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan, Japanese, entrepreneurs, staffs of Consulates with their families, management people from China-foreign joint ventures and sole foreign ventures working and living there. Accordingly, all kind of international schools, hospitals have been built to meet their needs. In this district, there are some well known colleges, institutes, universities and science & technology college,such as Shanghai Foreign Trade Institute, East China Politics and Law Institute, Donghua University, Shanghai Engineering and Technology College, Communication University (Science and Technology Zone), Donghua University (Science and Technology Zone), China Science Academy, Changning District Branch.

5. Governmental support from Changning District
Summing up the abovementioned priorities, we believe, Changning district is the most ideal suitable location for TIPS CHINA BUILDING. The government of Changning District pays close attention to the project. The government says that they will make their efforts to push it forward as soon as the project site has been confirmed by Rome headquarter of DEVNET/TIPS .

SITE AREA AND BUILDING FUNCTIONS

1. INDEX OF SITE PLAN
Site area: Approx 47000m2
Plot ratio: 4 (Approx 4/FSR 4)
Function: Exhibition Center/office

2. FUNCTIONS OF BUILDING
Maximum building area: 190000m2(not include basecment area)
a. Exhibition center building area: 55000m2
Building aboveground area: 40000m2(2F)
Building basecment area: 15000m2
b. Total office floor area: 140000m2
Plan1(single tower-66F) typical floor area: 2400m2/F, height : 290m
Plan2 (twin tower-47F): 1500m2/F, height : 198m

c. support facilities building area: 10000m2(4F)
d. Basement building area: 77550m2
e. Exhibition center/equipment room: 25850m2
Garage: 51700m2

3. INDES OF SITE AREA
Site coverage : 25850m2 55%
By exhibition: 20000m2
By office /support facilities building: 5850m2
Road/plaza/green area: 16450m2 35%
Main green area: 4700m2 10

http://www.elian.info/tipsbuilding/e-index.htm

I think they chose 2nd plan (67F, 290m single tower), didnt they?:

The webpage is not working anymore, so the pictures can't be seen. Hopefully, I saved the picture of the 290m proposal:

Not bad, but it seems a cheap copy of Hong Kong's The Center.

Later, other people posted this stuff about Hongqiao CBD redevelopment. Much better designs:

It's all what I know.

Supposed location of TIPS building:

More than 300 supertall projects on going in China.
z0rg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2006, 11:03 AM   #473
staff
囧!

Thanks, z0rg. I walked aroung in that area last week (I live within walking distance from it), and from what I saw, there's no really tall buildings going up there - but I could have missed that particular plot. It's very unlikely though.

Most construction sites in the Gubei area (Hongqiao CBD) seems to be big shopping malls!
Old October 16th, 2006, 11:18 AM   #474
staff
囧!

Possibly old news, but it looks like the Ritz-Carlton's second Shanghai hotel will be located in the SIFC.
http://www.ritzcarlton.com/hotels/pudong/
Old October 16th, 2006, 11:56 AM   #475
Ŝróndeimr
Adventurous!

Thanks for the info z0rg, the first rendering is looking exactly like The Centre in HK, but it looks different on those other renderings and models. And Staff is probably very right about its completion, if its not under construction now i hardly expect it will be completed in 2008, perhaps 2010 instead.
Old October 16th, 2006, 01:54 PM   #476
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Quote:
Originally Posted by staff View Post
Thanks, z0rg. I walked aroung in that area last week (I live within walking distance from it), and from what I saw, there's no really tall buildings going up there - but I could have missed that particular plot. It's very unlikely though.

Most construction sites in the Gubei area (Hongqiao CBD) seems to be big shopping malls!

Wow, that's strange!

Another project for that area, Hongqiao Zhongshan Plaza

Another one

Old October 16th, 2006, 02:12 PM   #477
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Supertall proposal at Renmin Square. Totally unknown project to me (!!!!) We need more info...

Another project found by Qazaq at Emporis: Bading Development Finance Mansion, 180m, 41 floors. Does anybody know about this one? Render, location...

Old October 16th, 2006, 02:48 PM   #478
Ŝróndeimr
Adventurous!

Quote:
Wow, that's strange!

Another project for that area, Hongqiao Zhongshan Plaza
Interesting, not sure if i have heard about it before. Do you have and info about it, including architect firm/ other companies?
Old October 16th, 2006, 02:56 PM   #479
YelloPerilo
BANNED

Likes (Received): 35

Quote:
Supertall proposal at Renmin Square. Totally unknown project to me (!!!!) We need more info...

Another project found by Qazaq at Emporis: Bading Development Finance Mansion, 180m, 41 floors. Does anybody know about this one? Render, location...

That's not Renmin Guangchang but Xintiandi Phase III or IV. The tall white building will be Shui'on/ Rui'an Group's new Shanghai HQ.
YelloPerilo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2006, 03:10 PM   #480
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Ops, it's true. Terrible mistake Do you know the height and floors of that biggie, Yello?

@Qazaq, no idea. I pick 90% of these renders from other forums, and they don't use to provide more info very often.

Another render of Infinite Tower, located in Xujiahui. Main piece of the masterplan by Agrest and Gandelsonas.

More info about this huge project here