daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 26th, 2006, 02:15 AM   #81
Skybean
天豆

Likes (Received): 271

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubaiflo

i want to see those projects with HUNDREDS of apartment towers please

In addition to the image I posted above, feel free to browse here:
http://www.wikimapia.org/#y=31206929...4&z=11&l=1&m=a

All highrise buildings.

Why they are not present here? It's simple. These are buildings for living, not for show. They won't have the flashy glass or the press that every building in Dubai gets. In fact, do you see adequate coverage of buildings in any city in China (except for HK)? No. This is due to the fact that there are a very small number of Chinese forumers on this site.

Last edited by Skybean; July 26th, 2006 at 02:21 AM.
Skybean no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 26th, 2006, 02:22 AM   #82
dubaiflo
Back in the Sandpit

Likes (Received): 35

ok nice, but it hard to make much out of that...

i understand your points.

but is also not true that Dubai's buildings are NOT for living.

we desperately need those units, can u image rents rising up to 80% per year due to shortgage?

they had to set a rents cap at 15% last year so that it will not be too expensive for people to live in Dubai.

and all that despite the massive amount of constructions.

Dubai's buildings are not to show off.
dubaiflo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2006, 02:25 AM   #83
Skybean
天豆

Likes (Received): 271

Quote:
ok nice, but it hard to make much out of that...

i understand your points.
It's probably outdated as well. I'm not too sure. But the fact is that these type of developments happen all the time. If I could get construction shots of these projects, I would post them, but I can't because of my location. People in Shanghai wouldn't be so impressed with the scale of projects either, I think they are quite used to seeing it.

Ok good, you understand my points and I understand yours. Now let's leave it at that.
Old July 26th, 2006, 02:30 AM   #84
Jiangwho

Likes (Received): 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVVV
in my opinion .if we just compare the city state
now and ignore the future development. I mostly
think that dubai just like shenzhen in china .
PS, dubai has the black gold from the GOD,
so it is possible for them to invest and build more in the future.

DUBAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by antar abuauad

SHENZHEN
Quote:
Originally Posted by jingtian59

[IMG]http://************/5vvmfa[/IMG]

[IMG]http://************/5vvm79[/IMG]

[IMG]http://************/5vvm8i[/IMG]

[IMG]http://************/bhlt38.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://************/5vvml2[/IMG]

[IMG]http://************/5wdlr5[/IMG]
NOW THE HUGE SHANGHAI

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredcalif

Scroll --------==============>>>>>>>>>>>
Huge Shanghai

PUXI

PUDONG

Last edited by Jiangwho; July 26th, 2006 at 03:40 AM.
Jiangwho no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2006, 02:00 PM   #85
dubaiflo
Back in the Sandpit

now that post was REALLY pointless.
Old July 26th, 2006, 02:30 PM   #86
WhiteMagick
Moderator - Επιτηρητής

Quote:
Originally Posted by ningxiard
Please stop making this kind of comparison between Shanghai and Dubai, my friend. As a Chinese who used to live in Shanghai, I just found this kind of comparison of building frenzy very much boring and pointless. Our aspiration is to become the "New York City" of China and Asia. We love the grandness and amazing world-capital aura of NYC, we admire the marvelous sophistication and intellectual density of Paris, we envy the refinement and cutting-edge fashion of Tokyo, those are the great cities we always compare us with and are eager to emulate, hopefully someday Shanghai will become such an amazingly uinque and accomodating city that other cites would call themselves Shanghai of their own country or continent. There's still a long way to go before we reach that goal, but we'll work hard toward it.

Compare us with Dubai? We Chinese from Shanghai have definitely no interest in doing that. Dubai is the number one booming town with the biggest number of skyscrapers under construction in the whole world? OK, congratulations! We have no intention to fight with you for that title at all.
Did you even read my post. Do words and acronyms like ''imho'' or ''perhaps'' mean anything to you? I was just *assuming* i wasnt making any statements. And to those *assumptions* I will stick. Dubai is building huge and expensive but Shanghai is probably building more in numbers to accomodate the huge influx of residents.

To Dubaiflo

Dubaiflo in the first picture is it the Marina Village? If yes it is coming along nicely! Its my favorite project in Dubai along with the restoration of the historic buildings in Dubai.

Oh and about the rent rise. I read it in a newspaper on the web. Gotta find it somewhere. I didnt pay much attention because it thought the quoted rent rises were ridiculous but now that you are saying it its kind of shocking. What are the rent rates in Dubai??

And what are the rent rates in Shanghai?
WhiteMagick no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2006, 02:49 PM   #87
dubaiflo
Back in the Sandpit

the first picture is Dubai Creek Golf and Yacht club.

if u like those kinda project i am sure u will find more amazing stuff in the UAE section.

--------

the rents have indeed been rising at this percentage, the 15% cap was necessary.

an average 3Bdr costs you about 180.000 Dhs p.a + charges, depending on location.

it is not thaat much, compare to Manhatten etc of course.
but the rates were just rising to fast.

Demand is incredible.
Old July 26th, 2006, 07:27 PM   #88
ming0318
Ming

Likes (Received): 0

Shanghai supporter really should go around the UAE forum to see what is happening in Dubai

at least to see the dubai's boom run down thread

than you will find what dubaiflo is trying to say!
ming0318 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2006, 07:39 PM   #89
staff
囧!

Location: Hong Kong | Singapore | Melbourne | Malm÷ | Copenhagen | Shanghai
Likes (Received): 717

It's quite hard not knowing what's going on in Dubai considering that it's arguably the city that gets most coverage on these forums compared to it's size.

I would love to have the same coverage of Chinese cities (especially Shanghai), but of course not in the same ignorant, arrogant and self-boosting way as the Dubai cheerleaders promote their city without being capable to accept critisism.

As for the Shenzhen-Dubai comparission - it's still quite lacking considering that Shenzhen is almost 7-8 times larger and more important to the world than Dubai.

This is the last post about Dubai from me since this is a thread about Shanghai - let's keep it that way.
Old July 26th, 2006, 08:00 PM   #90
dubaiflo
Back in the Sandpit

not my last post though.

WE NEVER COMPARED SHENZEN TO DUBAI?

these kinda things have never been done by UAE forumers, it has never happened in CvsC, nor here.

u have to see the creators of such issues, and when u say we 'promote' our city in ignorant (that actually describes what we get in return, ignorance), arrogant and self boosting way, then please show me some examples, since this is just not true.

or do you disagree with me in the fact that a supertall U/C deserves its own thread in the world forums?

all in all, yes, dubai might get the most coverage on this site here, but since this site is about urban project and skyscrapers, this is exactly what it deserves, since there is no other city with such massive development and projects.
and this is not arrogant, but just true, as simple as that.
Old July 26th, 2006, 08:16 PM   #91
staff
囧!

The user "VVVV" compared Dubai and Shenzhen only five posts above mine.

To me, and I bet to many other forumers as well, the Dubai forumers on these boards often act in an arrogant and very self-boosting way. I think people need a little more perspective on things. China and Chinese cities get "more love" simply because there aren't as much Shanghai (or any other city) promoters around to constantly boost the city and its projects.
You are not one of these arrogant forumers, dubaiflo. You provide great coverage of your city and I can only applaud that. On the other hand - things can get a bit too one sided sometimes.
I'm very interested and fascinated about what's going on in Dubai, but to be honest I'm quite tired of reading about it in here due to the sheer amount of the arrogant Dubai boosting forumers I was referring to before. Many of them have been banned, which is very positive.

All supertalls certainly deserves their own threads in the world forums - who can argue with that?

And when did I claim that Dubai gets too much coverage? Considering it's one of the cities that have the most projects going on right now, I certainly think it needs a lot of attention. I was simply explaining to "ming0318" that I think most forumers are aware of what's going on in Dubai.
Old July 26th, 2006, 08:21 PM   #92
Krazy
Kool Kat

I didnt check this thread for days.. wasnt aware that my smiley stirred such a controversy

Anyway, if anyone has any doubts about Dubai or Shanghai.. or wants to check out whether the towers under construction in either of the two cities are cheap or spectacular... I'd recommend this thread

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=364853
Krazy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2006, 08:40 PM   #93
Jiangwho

Likes (Received): 58

Quote:
not my last post though.

WE NEVER COMPARED SHENZEN TO DUBAI?

Quote:
Originally Posted by staff

hello guys the reason why I posted dubai and shenzhen photos above is that I think both cities have same properties(new and boom). and it is NOT for comparison.
Jiangwho no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2006, 08:46 PM   #94
dubaiflo
Back in the Sandpit

ok staff, finally we come to one point.

i agree with what u r saying, i am not aware of any dubai forumers promoting the city too much and getting banned because of that, we had some real estate agents opening threads for 10F towers trying to sell apartments.. but that's it.

maybe u can just name one, only out of interest

what u also have to see is that for example this guy VVVV, has never ever posted in UAE section, not one post.

he is not a Dubai forumer, u know what i mean?

i don't agree with what he does for that matter.

edit: ok he cleared this up above anyway now.
Old July 26th, 2006, 08:56 PM   #95
staff
囧!

Quote:
i agree with what u r saying, i am not aware of any dubai forumers promoting the city too much and getting banned because of that, we had some real estate agents opening threads for 10F towers trying to sell apartments.. but that's it.

maybe u can just name one, only out of interest
I don't want to put any forumers in the dirt, even though they are/were the typical definition of trolls. You got a PM.

Quote:
what u also have to see is that for example this guy VVVV, has never ever posted in UAE section, not one post.

he is not a Dubai forumer, u know what i mean?
I never claimed that he is a Dubai forumer - as far as I know, he's a Chinese forumer, considering that he has posted a lot in threads regarding China lately. I simply wrote that I don't think his comparision (which turned out not to be a comparission) of Shenzhen and Dubai isn't a good one due to city size and importance. Just because someone compares Dubai with another city that's larger/more important/whetever doesn't mean he is a Dubai forumer.
I'm not that prejudiced.
Old July 26th, 2006, 11:20 PM   #96
WhiteMagick
Moderator - Επιτηρητής

Quote:
Originally Posted by staff

To me, and I bet to many other forumers as well, the Dubai forumers on these boards often act in an arrogant and very self-boosting way. I think people need a little more perspective on things. China and Chinese cities get "more love" simply because there aren't as much Shanghai (or any other city) promoters around to constantly boost the city and its projects.
You are not one of these arrogant forumers, dubaiflo. You provide great coverage of your city and I can only applaud that. On the other hand - things can get a bit too one sided sometimes.
I'm very interested and fascinated about what's going on in Dubai, but to be honest I'm quite tired of reading about it in here due to the sheer amount of the arrogant Dubai boosting forumers I was referring to before. Many of them have been banned, which is very positive.

All supertalls certainly deserves their own threads in the world forums - who can argue with that?

And when did I claim that Dubai gets too much coverage? Considering it's one of the cities that have the most projects going on right now, I certainly think it needs a lot of attention. I was simply explaining to "ming0318" that I think most forumers are aware of what's going on in Dubai.
I totally agree with you. You make very valid points. It saddens me sometimes when i make a negative comment about dubai and i get flamed for it. Its like i can't post my opinion on these boards sometimes.

Chinese cities are seriously undercovered in these forums but I agree when you say that Dubai is not overcovered. There are many active members from Dubai and they tend to provide FULL coverage which is an excellent thing.

But if you try to argue a boastful statement about Dubai you get attacked by some untrue Dubai fans. thats the problem here. Dubaiflo and Krazy are two of the very few of the reasonable and true Dubai supporters.

Personally there a few projects that i truly like in Dubai. Like the Marina, Burj Al Alam, the Education City and the multimillion restoration of historical buildings which i like coz they are characterised by superior quality. Unfortunately most projects in Dubai I dont like YET i do NOT hate them NOR hate Dubai because of them. I admire Dubai and believe it will be a leading and shining example for the modernisation of Arabic and muslim countries.
WhiteMagick no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2006, 12:46 AM   #97
feverwin
Peace-all the world needs

Likes (Received): 124

Pass by... Sorry, isn't it a Shanghai thread? Why so many Dubai stuff....

Why Dubai fans start another thread to show how fantastic Dubai is instead broasting in this one? That would be less offensive to Shanghai supporters...

How do you guys think?
feverwin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2006, 01:30 AM   #98
dubaiflo
Back in the Sandpit

there is such a thread and we never intended to cause a dubai discussion in this thread here, it was not a "dubai forumer" as u call them all the time

anyway..

White Magick i agree with your points, yes, i understand and accept what u r saying.

i never experienced you being bashed though, oh i can remember once, but i think it was not too harsh.

remember, most of the Dubai forumers (including myself) are pissed because there are so many people here (it is much better now anyway) who don't have a single idea about the city and try to comment on things they don't have an idea about.

at the beginning it was Burj dubai won't be built, then it was dubai can only do this because of its oil, then it was all the buildings are empty etc..
u know that makes u pissed after a while

u do seem to have an idea of what u r talking about, even though i don't agree with all what u r saying.
Old July 27th, 2006, 01:54 AM   #99
duskdawn
My Heart is with Beijing.

Likes (Received): 33

Quote:
at the beginning it was Burj dubai won't be built, then it was dubai can only do this because of its oil, then it was all the buildings are empty etc..
u know that makes u pissed after a while
Well, if it can make you feel better, some people do worse things to Chinese threads.
You will see "human rights record", "Tian'anmen Crackdown", "evil communists" or "Falungong" in 7-8 threads out of 10. There are even several trollers using different IDs come and bash us for fun. You can find them wherever China is related, especially in Chinese own forum.
Acturally it is very easy, just ignore it.
duskdawn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2006, 02:17 AM   #100
staff
囧!

Yeah, let's quit the comparing and not mention Dubai again in this thread.
I'll steer us away by posting a couple of pics from my upcoming Shanghai thread in my "ONE BIG TRIP" series. I will post the whole thread tomorrow in the Photo forums!

Cheers!