daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 2nd, 2006, 05:34 PM   #221
dubaiflo
Back in the Sandpit

Likes (Received): 35

BLOODY CAPS LOCK

why is it in your interest if those upper floors can be used or not?

actually it does not matter.
dubaiflo no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 2nd, 2006, 05:43 PM   #222
Citystyle
Watch my Chops

Likes (Received): 501

My tip 750 to roof 900m to end of structure. The top floors should be apartments. Imagin a two level apartment at that height insane.
Sec. 31 But how far has he given it us? To enjoy. As much as anyone can make use of to any advantage of life before it spoils, whatever is beyond this, is more than his share, and belongs to others. Nothing was made by God for man to spoil or destroy. And thus considering the plenty of natural provisions there was a long time in the world, and the few spenders, and to how small a part provision the industry of one man could extend itself, and ingross itself to the prejudice of others.
- John Locke
Citystyle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2006, 08:31 PM   #223
megatower
BANNED

Likes (Received): 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citystyle
My tip 750 to roof 900m to end of structure. The top floors should be apartments. Imagin a two level apartment at that height insane.
I WISH YOU WERE RIGHT BUT I AM HAPPY IF THE TOP USEABLE FLOOR WOULD BE 705 METERS
megatower no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2006, 08:37 PM   #224
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6071

I would be happy if you'll stop yealling to everyone. Turn OFF that damn CAP LOCK
AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2006, 08:38 PM   #225
Harborist

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by megatower
I WISH YOU WERE RIGHT BUT I AM HAPPY IF THE TOP USEABLE FLOOR WOULD BE 705 METERS
As long as you're happy - and please stop shouting (caps).
Harborist no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2006, 08:59 PM   #226
cmj2k2

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
JOHNSONVILLE BRAAAAAUUUUUTS
cmj2k2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2006, 09:07 PM   #227
blackhawk08

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmj2k2
JOHNSONVILLE BRAAAAAUUUUUTS
that was random
Old August 2nd, 2006, 09:12 PM   #228
nano2192
De Lomas de Zamora

Likes (Received): 1

So much good projects for Dubai,this is getting ridiculous!!!i love each one of them!!
Argentina en google earth
ROJO, REY DE COPAS POR SIEMPRE
nano2192 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2006, 11:24 PM   #229
SpaceScraper
SpaceScraper

Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengineer
SpaceScraper... that made absolutely no sense. Do you really know what you're talking about or are you pulling these things out of your ass?
I was being too subtle.

Unless there is something widly unique about building in hot Dubai I don't know about, they should be kicking somebody's ass for not already glazing the lower floors above the podium so the mechanical can be started.

It's structure, glazing, mechanical and finishing, in that order, one right after the next. A chunk of those lower floors have just been sitting there unworked on for two months as far as these pictures show. The mechanical contract was signed 11 months ago. Where's the glazing (windows)?

I've managed the financing of several commercial construction projects and was a contractor at one point.
SpaceScraper no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2006, 11:51 PM   #230
germantower
i ♥ NY

Likes (Received): 1155

Can anybody in the forum help me PLEASE!I am searching after a thread or just pics of the Dubai Creek extention works!
germantower no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2006, 12:11 AM   #231
delphi7x10

Likes (Received): 41

Spacescraper,

We have a number of new building going up around here in Arizona, and they go structure, mechanical, glazing and finishing. Even in the monsoon season when the rain can be very heavy, the mechanical and interior walls are going up before glazing. If you glaze before you can cool, building will be 150 inside.

If someone can get a close in picture of lower floors, I bet you would see all kinds of work going on, HVAC, electrical, and plumbing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceScraper
I was being too subtle.

Unless there is something widly unique about building in hot Dubai I don't know about, they should be kicking somebody's ass for not already glazing the lower floors above the podium so the mechanical can be started.

It's structure, glazing, mechanical and finishing, in that order, one right after the next. A chunk of those lower floors have just been sitting there unworked on for two months as far as these pictures show. The mechanical contract was signed 11 months ago. Where's the glazing (windows)?

I've managed the financing of several commercial construction projects and was a contractor at one point.
delphi7x10 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2006, 12:21 AM   #232
megatower
BANNED

Likes (Received): 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by delphi7x10
Spacescraper,

We have a number of new building going up around here in Arizona, and they go structure, mechanical, glazing and finishing. Even in the monsoon season when the rain can be very heavy, the mechanical and interior walls are going up before glazing. If you glaze before you can cool, building will be 150 inside.

If someone can get a close in picture of lower floors, I bet you would see all kinds of work going on, HVAC, electrical, and plumbing.
can someone can get a close in picture of the lower floors ??????
megatower no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2006, 01:39 AM   #233
CULWULLA

Likes (Received): 10124

YES, TURN THAT CAPS LOCK OFF! its deafening in here! lol
just on the upper floors one last time. no one knows for sure but there is an indication the upper steel structure will house 30 uninhabitable floors. i cant see them being turned into units or offices? there just levels maybe for plant/communications etc.So i reckon highest part you can stand on the mighty BurjD will be about 735m (base of pinnacle). btw dont take this as official.
cheers
Old August 3rd, 2006, 02:00 AM   #234
CrazyDave

Likes (Received): 192

Quote:
Originally Posted by CULWULLA
YES, TURN THAT CAPS LOCK OFF! its deafening in here! lol
just on the upper floors one last time. no one knows for sure but there is an indication the upper steel structure will house 30 uninhabitable floors. i cant see them being turned into units or offices? there just levels maybe for plant/communications etc.So i reckon highest part you can stand on the mighty BurjD will be about 735m (base of pinnacle). btw dont take this as official.
cheers
I've worked in highrise buildings. We are a Property Management Company. What usually happens with these floors are they get used by Maintenance to store all sorts of stuff. Things to decorate the Lobby during Holidays, Ladders, ropes, all kinds of stuff.
CrazyDave no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2006, 02:28 AM   #235
repiel7

nice building
repiel7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2006, 10:56 AM   #236
Durbsboi
East Coast Massiv

Likes (Received): 142

Regarding the Electrical & mechanical question poised by Spacy, the main thing for them is to get the conduits & sleeving in the risers & slabs at this present moment in time, I doubt the building will be ready to hand over this soon, the electrical doesnt not take that long to install, & mechanicaly the AC units wont take that long to assemble, & we should see them installing the duct's before bringing in the ac units in.
With the lifts & esculators, the lifts (depending on how far the lift will go) they will have to wait for the lift shaft to be complete so they can assemble the lift in there.

Any idea if they are going to be opening the levels below whilst completing the rest of teh structure?

Bucket Facebook Page
Durbsboi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2006, 12:33 PM   #237
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6071

Technically it will be possible to open the lower floors, since they are used as Hotel, while the above are residences and offices, also the access is separate.

However, considering that it will be a very exclusive GIORGIO ARMANI Hotel, they might prefer not to, concentrating on "fine tunning" of the interiours decorations instead.
AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2006, 02:26 PM   #238
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6525

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citystyle
That would be perfect
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2006, 04:13 PM   #239
Dave H

Likes (Received): 8

Spacescraper,
You are correct: any CPM schedule for a highrise has the critical path going through enclosing the building. Exterior cladding (curtainwall) should follow as closely behind the structure as safely possible. Nothing else can delay this activity, except failure to procure materials in a timely manner. Getting the skin on the building eliminates perimeter fall hazards, allows for interior climate control, and gets that much more material in place before all the other materials start arriving. Rough-in of mechanical and electrical systems can begin before curtainwall starts, but they most definitely can not be completed without the curtainwall.
Dave H no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2006, 05:25 PM   #240
Krazy
Kool Kat

Likes (Received): 35

posted on SSP by Slugbelch

Krazy no está en línea   Reply With Quote