daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 6th, 2006, 03:49 AM   #301
*UofT*

Likes (Received): 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by germantower
I have watched the megaprojectsvideo and it is incredible how gigantic Dubai will be in the next 10 years!Alone the theme park will have the size of aproximately 80 Manhattans!
Thanks for the great job Dubaiflo!

Are all the shown projects still u/c or are there any projects on the launch?

No i doubt it would be the size of 80 Manhattans,

I think Palm Deira is close to the size of one Manhattan and if you compare the size of Palm Deira to Duba Land, I'd say you could fit around 4 Palm Deira's in there.
*UofT* no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 6th, 2006, 06:12 AM   #302
firulais2005

Likes (Received): 1

When is Burj Dubai going to get some glass!! Im waiting for it!
firulais2005 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2006, 06:32 AM   #303
gonzo
Sent from down-below. :P

Likes (Received): 6

this project is SIIICK!!!
Quote:
so burj dubai will be the tallest building in the world?
OH YEAH!
gonzo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2006, 06:35 AM   #304
AmherstMan
Levend Mijn Leven

Likes (Received): 0

Damn. I want to live at the top
AmherstMan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2006, 06:51 AM   #305
STR
What'u smokin' Willis?

Likes (Received): 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by firulais2005
When is Burj Dubai going to get some glass!! Im waiting for it!
Based on several articles, I'd guess fall.
Old August 6th, 2006, 07:11 AM   #306
skyperu34
TRUXILLO del PERU !!!

Likes (Received): 806

is there any recently announced official height??

Diseño, arquitectura, arte y naturaleza en:

skyperu34 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2006, 07:40 AM   #307
beef_taco

Absolutely crazy looking at it as an aussie. Absolutely no safe working conditions. No scaffold or support barriers at the windows.

I'd definatly never work on a building like that without safe working conditions.
beef_taco no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2006, 11:00 AM   #308
CULWULLA

Likes (Received): 10094

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz.fil
so burj dubai will be the tallest building in the world?
yes, at proposed height of 808m (latest quoted height), BurjD will not only be tallest skyscraper (300m higher then current title holder-508m taipei 101), it will also be tallest free standing structure and tallest man made object.
You can see how it compares with 40 or so of tallest bldgs in world in my construction diagrams updates, but they are missing most current bldgs over 300m. So what ive been working on lately is a worlds tallest skyscrapers over 300m 2010! there wil be about 100 skyscrapers!
ill let everyone know when it gets closer to posting. its a big job.lol
im wondering if i should add Fordham spire and Moscows tower? both 610m.
Burj Dubai will still be 200m clear of nearest rival.
Old August 6th, 2006, 12:31 PM   #309
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6071

Quote:
Originally Posted by beef_taco
Absolutely crazy looking at it as an aussie. Absolutely no safe working conditions. No scaffold or support barriers at the windows.

I'd definatly never work on a building like that without safe working conditions.
Without going into details, I'll just say that you don't know what you're talking about.
AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2006, 12:48 PM   #310
beef_taco

Feel free to go into details. As a sparky, i'd never work on that tower with no supporting scaffs nor supports.
beef_taco no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2006, 12:50 PM   #311
Shad
Sup ?

BD pics describe well enough
Shad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2006, 02:57 PM   #312
STR
What'u smokin' Willis?

Likes (Received): 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by CULWULLA
im wondering if i should add Fordham spire and Moscows tower? both 610m.
Burj Dubai will still be 200m clear of nearest rival.
The insider news is that the building that used to be called Fordham Spire, now known simply as 400 N Lake Shore Drive, is moving ahead under the new owner. Financing seems to be falling into place.
Old August 6th, 2006, 06:11 PM   #313
burj dubai2
BANNED

assalamo alaicom... hello evry body

أيها الإخوة الأفاضل اسمحوا لي قبل أن أدخل في مشاركتي أن أعرفكم عن نفسي.. أنا من أشد المهتمين بالتحفة المعمارية برج دبي .. ومن المتتبعين لمراحل تطوره... ولكن للأسف لغتي الإنجليزية ضعيفة . ولقد بحثت كثيرا عن مثل هذا المنتدى يكون عربيا ولكني لم أجده فقررت في النهاية ان أنضم إلى هذاالمنتدى وأن أبذل كل ما في وسعي لكي أتفاعل مع الأعضاء الكرام ..طبعا أنا أفهم اللغة الإنجليزية إلى حد ما ولكني لا أستطيع كتابتها ... لا تستغربون . فأنا لست من الشرق الأوسط بل من المغرب العربي..
بالنسبة لعضوية الجديدة فأنا قد سبق لي أن شاركة في هذا المنتد بمشاركتين تحت إسم العضو برج دبي ...ولكن تم حذف عضويتي بسبب سوء فهم لموضوع كنت قد وضعت فيه صورتين لبرج دبي . الصورة الأولى تصور برج دبي وهو في حالة تعرض لهجمات مثل هجمات 11/9 .والصورة الثانية تصور برج دبي وهو يسقط نتيجة لتعرضه لموجة ريح شديدة . . ولله لم أقصد الإساءة بهذا الموضوع فأنا من أشد المبهورين ببرج دبي . ولكني قصدت بذالك دراسة السيناريوهات التي
يمكن أن يتعرض لها برجد دبي في المستقبل. وإذا أردتم أن أطلعكم على الصور فأنا رهن الإشارة ....
على أية حال فأنا أقدم إعتذاري الشديد الإدارة .. وأرجو أن تفعل عضويتي السابقة....
burj dubaiتحت إسم

عندي طلب لو سمحتم أرجو أن تكتبوا لي أسماء الأعضاء العرب في هذا المنتدى

بالنسبة لمشاركتي فأنا أحببت أن أشارك بصورة تبين مرحلة تطور برج دبي حاليا...
أرجو أن تقبلوني عندكم
وشكرا

thank yuo

burj dubai2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2006, 08:51 PM   #314
Erebus555
It's Sting. So What?

Likes (Received): 186

Quote:
Originally Posted by *UofT*
No i doubt it would be the size of 80 Manhattans,

I think Palm Deira is close to the size of one Manhattan and if you compare the size of Palm Deira to Duba Land, I'd say you could fit around 4 Palm Deira's in there.
I heard Palm Deira will be delayed by 5 years due to construction problems. There is something wrong with the sea bed in that area of the coast or something. Definitly not good when I'm planning to move to Dubai for a couple of years in 2017 (thats when Dubailand finishes and Burj Dubai definitly will be)
The UK Housing Wiki - Attempting to document every tower block, council estate, private estate, housing association, tower block construction/ demolition method, tower block architect, tower block construction company... etc etc, in the UK. Everything to do with postwar residences! - Please join and help!

EREBUS - OFFICIAL MOD CANDIDATE 2011 - BRITISH MODS FOR BRITISH PEOPLE!
Erebus555 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2006, 12:02 AM   #315
Samurai

I believe the Palm Deira will be delayed 10 years due to financial issues and because it is so massive and can affect the ecological life in the sea..........

The investors were compensated either money or to invest in any of Nakheel's Projects.......... unless they decided to wait 10 years ......
Samurai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2006, 12:57 AM   #316
Dancer

Likes (Received): 253

Quote:
Originally Posted by burj dubai2
assalamo alaicom... hello evry body

أيها الإخوة الأفاضل اسمحوا لي قبل أن أدخل في مشاركتي أن أعرفكم عن نفسي.. أنا من أشد المهتمين بالتحفة المعمارية برج دبي .. ومن المتتبعين لمراحل تطوره... ولكن للأسف لغتي الإنجليزية ضعيفة . ولقد بحثت كثيرا عن مثل هذا المنتدى يكون عربيا ولكني لم أجده فقررت في النهاية ان أنضم إلى هذاالمنتدى وأن أبذل كل ما في وسعي لكي أتفاعل مع الأعضاء الكرام ..طبعا أنا أفهم اللغة الإنجليزية إلى حد ما ولكني لا أستطيع كتابتها ... لا تستغربون . فأنا لست من الشرق الأوسط بل من المغرب العربي..
بالنسبة لعضوية الجديدة فأنا قد سبق لي أن شاركة في هذا المنتد بمشاركتين تحت إسم العضو برج دبي ...ولكن تم حذف عضويتي بسبب سوء فهم لموضوع كنت قد وضعت فيه صورتين لبرج دبي . الصورة الأولى تصور برج دبي وهو في حالة تعرض لهجمات مثل هجمات 11/9 .والصورة الثانية تصور برج دبي وهو يسقط نتيجة لتعرضه لموجة ريح شديدة . . ولله لم أقصد الإساءة بهذا الموضوع فأنا من أشد المبهورين ببرج دبي . ولكني قصدت بذالك دراسة السيناريوهات التي
يمكن أن يتعرض لها برجد دبي في المستقبل. وإذا أردتم أن أطلعكم على الصور فأنا رهن الإشارة ....
على أية حال فأنا أقدم إعتذاري الشديد الإدارة .. وأرجو أن تفعل عضويتي السابقة....
burj dubaiتحت إسم

عندي طلب لو سمحتم أرجو أن تكتبوا لي أسماء الأعضاء العرب في هذا المنتدى

بالنسبة لمشاركتي فأنا أحببت أن أشارك بصورة تبين مرحلة تطور برج دبي حاليا...
أرجو أن تقبلوني عندكم
وشكرا

thank yuo

holy ****. I cant believe how tall it is and it still has so far to go. Thats crazy
Old August 7th, 2006, 09:23 AM   #317
mick13

Whoa, that diagram really puts it into perspective...
mick13 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2006, 09:30 AM   #318
CULWULLA

Likes (Received): 10094

^yeah i dont think anyone realises just how tall BurjD is going to be. I mean were not talking 500m or 600m or even 700m but 800m high!!
Im wondering how altinD and others will take core closeups when it hits fl160 lol. or even construction of spire 700m up! we might have to reply on bulliten board at front of site.-
--------
to ponder-
Has anyone ever been on roof of a 400m high bldg/tower? just imagine looking up from there at another 400m further!!!
should be intresting.
------
just on those large diagrams. cant really tell size because the actual diagram is too big for page. better off with smaller pic so you can see all of it at once.
>
Old August 7th, 2006, 10:35 AM   #319
megatower
BANNED

Likes (Received): 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by CULWULLA
^yeah i dont think anyone realises just how tall BurjD is going to be. I mean were not talking 500m or 600m or even 700m but 800m high!!
Im wondering how altinD and others will take core closeups when it hits fl160 lol. or even construction of spire 700m up! we might have to reply on bulliten board at front of site.-
--------
to ponder-
Has anyone ever been on roof of a 400m high bldg/tower? just imagine looking up from there at another 400m further!!!
should be intresting.

------
just on those large diagrams. cant really tell size because the actual diagram is too big for page. better off with smaller pic so you can see all of it at once.
>
no but i have been at the sears tower skydeck and at the height of (412 meters which is 1,353 feet of the ground.and its a great view but i cant even think how good the view would be from burj dubai.because no soo far away is the world islands and there's a cool view to see
megatower no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2006, 10:48 AM   #320
Shad
Sup ?

i guess when it hit 160 floor...they have to click sum pics for near by building on shiekh zayed road...
Shad no está en línea   Reply With Quote