daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Forum Issues

Forum Issues For suggestions, feedback, questions and other business.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 25th, 2006, 02:37 PM   #1
Irish Kop

Likes (Received): 0

Ireland Forum

Any chance of getting a Irish forum in here...?The country is going through some major changes and I think we could muster up a few threads out of it.

Sponsored Links

Old July 25th, 2006, 03:05 PM   #2
Zim Flyer
Rock Lord

Likes (Received): 52

Hello Irish Kop,

welcome on board.

I think it's probably something Gothic would like to do but there haven't been enough Irish members for it to work, although we have a few.

The best thing to do is to start some construction threads in the Projects and construction section

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57

and build up the numbers of Irish members from there. I'm sure once the numbers are up you will get a seperate thread

Zim Flyer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2006, 03:07 PM   #3
Irish Kop

Good idea,I am a member of a few Irish forums so I will start pimping like a mad man.

Thanks for the welcome.
Old July 25th, 2006, 04:02 PM   #4
Accura4Matalan

Likes (Received): 364

Welcome to the forums.
If you start some Ireland threads, I'd be happy to contribute, although there isnt much going on in my bit of Ireland lol...
Accura4Matalan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2006, 04:10 PM   #5
Accura4Matalan

btw, we have had attempts at creating Dublin/Ireland project threads before, but they are always ruined by sentimental UK forumers who turn the thread into some story about the time they went to a pub or kissed a girl in Wicklow
It basically makes a mockery of Ireland projects and shows that its not taken seriously on this forum.
Old July 25th, 2006, 07:33 PM   #6
clarky
I am for Real

Likes (Received): 379

My proposal there should be an Irish forum along with a Scottish and Welsh one in the Euroscrapers section like the Germany forum setup.The UK & Ireland Skyscraper Forums should change to England scrapers
clarky no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2006, 09:32 PM   #7
Lostboy

Likes (Received): 13

/\

An Excellent Suggestion.
Lostboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2006, 07:44 AM   #8
Accura4Matalan

Old July 26th, 2006, 11:41 AM   #9
Irish Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarky
My proposal there should be an Irish forum along with a Scottish and Welsh one in the Euroscrapers section like the Germany forum setup.The UK & Ireland Skyscraper Forums should change to England scrapers

Good idea.
Old July 26th, 2006, 11:49 AM   #10
Awayo
Support the Squirrels

Likes (Received): 701

Quote:
I propose that the UK & Ireland Skyscraper Forums be split into City and Yokel Forums. In the former, all the people I've got things in common with, living in cities such as Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool, London, Dublin, Leeds can talk together about buildings, multi-culturalism, urbanity, art, beauty, desire and dolphins.

In the Yokel forum, turnip-worrying numpties (all two of them) can happily go on about proud they are of being "English" and how much they hate Scottish, Irish and Welsh people.
Awayo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2006, 11:58 AM   #11
Irish Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awayo
I propose that the UK & Ireland Skyscraper Forums be split into City and Yokel Forums. In the former, all the people I've got things in common with, living in cities such as Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool, London, Dublin, Leeds can talk together about buildings, multi-culturalism, urbanity, art, beauty, desire and dolphins.

LOL...we dont want to be split to much as after all we are all the same in this part of the world.
Old July 26th, 2006, 06:16 PM   #12
kebabmonster

Suppose an Irish forum would set the cat amongst the pigeons reg. places like Londonderry and Belfast, i.e. would they be part of the UK forums or the Irish one.
kebabmonster no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2006, 07:46 PM   #13
Andrew

Likes (Received): 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by kebabmonster
Suppose an Irish forum would set the cat amongst the pigeons reg. places like Londonderry and Belfast, i.e. would they be part of the UK forums or the Irish one.
Well if it was an 'Ireland' forum and not a 'Republic of Ireland' forum then it could cover the whole of the island of Ireland. I think it would make more sense to divide it geographically than politically (but then I'm a Brit and maybe someone from Ireland would feel differently).

Quote:
I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'the Germany forum setup' but I agree with you about creating Irish, Welsh and Scottish forums.
I've long wanted to see a Welsh forum created and I think if the decision is made based on number of users and level of development activity in each area then Wales should definately now qualify. We have more Welsh members than ever before and I think if there was a dedicated section then we'd get more. Discussions in the Welsh threads are always very constructive and we dont have any of the stupid childish bickering that seems to happen so often in the other forums. There are currently four active threads directly related to development in Wales, the Cardiff, Newport and Swansea threads are very popular and all three are almost always on page one of Projects and Construction. The only reason we don't have more threads is because we dont have our own forum, if we did there would be many more including one for each major development in each city. That, by the way, would be quite a number as a lot of pretty sizeable developments are begining or are about to begin construction in all three cities. This would be a lot more threads than were present when the other subforums were opened and I would expect the popularity of a Wales forum to be similar to that of the other subforums.

I've hinted loads of times that I'd like to see a Wales subforum created but I dont think I've ever properly asked so mods and admins can consider this post a formal request. Lets just put it this way, a Wales subforum is guaranteed to be more popular than the pointless 'Completed Projects' one!
Andrew no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2006, 07:53 PM   #14
Accura4Matalan

gothic said that Wales is next in line to get a subforum should one be created.
Old July 26th, 2006, 09:51 PM   #15
clarky
I am for Real

Likes (Received): 379

gothic can we have a Bristol forum before 2010?
clarky no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2006, 12:22 AM   #16
Irish Kop

Maybe a Celtic forum...?
Old July 27th, 2006, 12:46 AM   #17
Lostboy

Likes (Received): 13

In the Yokel forum, turnip-worrying numpties (all two of them) can happily go on about proud they are of being "English" and how much they hate Scottish, Irish and Welsh people.

As cute as that squirrel picture of yours. However we you know you must be talking about a very different set of forums, because of the posters of your very progressive unionist friends seem to be obsessive threads on keeping the Royal Navy larger than the French Fleet, and other such liberal causes like that or else the "whats happening in the latest series of social misfits put in a badly designed house and watch them bitch about each other and painfully slowly vote each other off". .

Nice dig there with the South-Western Stereotypes, and as hilarious as it was true. Unfortunately there is a tad of double standards, because Liverpudlian Forumers are just about the most sensitive of all to those idiotic and inane, Scouse Thieving Stereotypes perpetuated by the London Media, but I guess West Country folk (especially them rural ones) are perfectly fair game.

BTW I've never said a bad word about the Irish, - so I'm not sure where thats come from - but I guess you'd rather align yourself with the Unionist Ian Paisely types, than someone who regards Michael Collins as a hero.
Lostboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2006, 12:47 AM   #18
Accura4Matalan

Eugh! Lostboy would have a field day!
Old July 27th, 2006, 01:21 PM   #19
Awayo
Support the Squirrels

Likes (Received): 701

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostboy
BTW I've never said a bad word about the Irish, - so I'm not sure where thats come from - but I guess you'd rather align yourself with the Unionist Ian Paisely types, than someone who regards Michael Collins as a hero.
Collins ain't no hero of mine, any more than the vile Paisley. His opponent DeValera was a villain, tho. I like James Larkin and Sean O'Casey, if we're talking about nationalist-minded Irishman from the past. I'm not especially interested in Ireland, however.

Dublin intrigues me as a visitor and I'd like to visit Cork one day. The rest of Ireland doesn't really seem to be my bag.

Sorry about the worzel jibes.
Awayo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2006, 03:34 PM   #20
Irish Kop

Any forum would not be a Politics forum so some of the above should not be a concern.