daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 26th, 2006, 08:43 AM   #21
Skybean
天豆

Likes (Received): 271

z0rg, it took you 3 years after joining the forum to finally start a series of China construction threads?! I'm surprised no one else has done anything like this.

What's incredible about these plans is that they will probably become reality.

Sponsored Links
Old July 26th, 2006, 08:44 AM   #22
sc4ish
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

i'm amazed!!
sc4ish no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2006, 08:47 AM   #23
y3miii

The great thing is, this is just the begining.

We haven't seen whats going to happen with the rest of the country. You have the modernization of the country side, further development of the interior cities, coastal, and etc... omg

I'm be in Beijing August 24, w00t!
y3miii no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2006, 09:19 AM   #24
livni
BANNED

mind bogling!
livni no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2006, 09:53 AM   #25
I-275westcoastfl

Likes (Received): 790

It looks like china is the next america and we are the next europe.
I-275westcoastfl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2006, 09:57 AM   #26
delores

Likes (Received): 467

and I wonder what Dubai is then disneyland?
delores no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2006, 10:45 AM   #27
Erebus555
It's Sting. So What?

Likes (Received): 186

Some look great, some will be watered down, some will be comp[letely thrown out the window. This is a poor way of showing off economic power. Creating areas which are practically the size of cities is a recipe for disaster. Give it another 30 years and they will be regretting it.
The UK Housing Wiki - Attempting to document every tower block, council estate, private estate, housing association, tower block construction/ demolition method, tower block architect, tower block construction company... etc etc, in the UK. Everything to do with postwar residences! - Please join and help!

EREBUS - OFFICIAL MOD CANDIDATE 2011 - BRITISH MODS FOR BRITISH PEOPLE!
Erebus555 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2006, 11:49 AM   #28
man101

Hi guys. Thank to YelloPerilo for the elegant comments.
I'm swiss and live in Torino for work, as some of us I have a western european culture and mentality. It's very easy to say that our countries have done the same in the past, I agree, beacause it's true. We have done worse than this. I's a fact. Does that mean is right? Does it mean that nowdays any country can do whatever wants just beacause others had done mistakes in the past?
What way od thinking is this? Oh ok you have done that, I know it's an enourmous mistake but It's for me legitimate to do it beacause I don't care since others have done it. I f this is the rule than good luck to everyone.
Anyway I'm in China several times a year and I know people over there who agre with what I say.
Jason Poon, thank you for being correct and polite explaining things the way they are.
z0rg I'm sorry I didn't want to ruin yr nice little thread with my silly comments. Wonder why you don't want to hear about them. Anyway this is my last post and visit here. U guys take care and thank to those who had the capabilty of replying without insults.
man101 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2006, 12:01 PM   #29
YelloPerilo
BANNED

Likes (Received): 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by man101
Hi guys. Thank to YelloPerilo for the elegant comments.
I'm swiss and live in Torino for work, as some of us I have a western european culture and mentality. It's very easy to say that our countries have done the same in the past, I agree, beacause it's true. We have done worse than this. I's a fact. Does that mean is right? Does it mean that nowdays any country can do whatever wants just beacause others had done mistakes in the past?
What way od thinking is this? Oh ok you have done that, I know it's an enourmous mistake but It's for me legitimate to do it beacause I don't care since others have done it. I f this is the rule than good luck to everyone.
Anyway I'm in China several times a year and I know people over there who agre with what I say.
Jason Poon, thank you for being correct and polite explaining things the way they are.
z0rg I'm sorry I didn't want to ruin yr nice little thread with my silly comments. Wonder why you don't want to hear about them. Anyway this is my last post and visit here. U guys take care and thank to those who had the capabilty of replying without insults.
As a Swiss man, you may know the proverb: In China kocht man auch nur mit Wasser. But then again you are just too ignorant and arrogant to understand the nature of development. It is always easy to critisise from a vantage point – a vantage point that is built on the blood, sweat, misery and life of other people.

Stange mentality you have to feel insulted when you are the one who started to insult others with your envy, arrogance and ignorance.

Good riddance BTW.
YelloPerilo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2006, 12:08 PM   #30
Cymen
Just another user

Likes (Received): 40

The plans look great but,

I don't see good public spaces. Now I agree that it's not easy to see on those small pictures, but towers just built without the normal streets (shops, windows etc) make each tower a gated community, that is not good.

I'm not a slave to a god that doesn't give a shit!
Cymen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2006, 01:18 PM   #31
WhiteMagick
Moderator - Επιτηρητής

The pics above represent the central financial area and not the whole city. I mean there are many streets with small shops and parks all over the cities in china because they are carefully planned. Take for example Beijing or Shanghai.

The planning is amazing. China's metropolis are less likely to be plagued by the problems that many cities aroudn the world face due to lack of urban planning such as LA, Houston, Sao Paulo, Santiago de Chile etc
WhiteMagick está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2006, 01:20 PM   #32
RafflesCity
By Spirit

Likes (Received): 105

China has caught on to the joy and delirium of urban planning and these large-scale plans are testament to that!

Impressive! I visited the Shanghai model gallery and it was cool
RafflesCity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2006, 01:26 PM   #33
gaoanyu

Likes (Received): 7

Please think twice before you criticise.
These plans are CBDs, business districts, so bringing in residential area stuff isn't gonna help, now is it?
China of course build high rise residential buildings, but these do not compromise the potential that it has in terms of economic development. The west has been looking down upon China for a long time, even though you know that China has been one of the dominions of the world, not militarily but technologically and cultrally, than any country currently exist in the world. If you continue assume that China can not regain its glorious past, I assure you that you will feel very disappointed.
gaoanyu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2006, 02:54 PM   #34
staff
囧!

Location: Hong Kong | Singapore | Melbourne | Malmö | Copenhagen | Shanghai
Likes (Received): 717

Wow, z0rg, you're the man! You're the man...

By the way - about that Suzhou model - I don't recall any area in Suzhou looking like that. Where is that lake featured in that picture? To me it looks like a smaller version of the West Lake in Hangzhou (with the causeways to the south and west)..

Well, a great job!
Old July 26th, 2006, 03:38 PM   #35
HT

Likes (Received): 32

really great masterplans, but im scared about the environment and about the waste of resources ...
HT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2006, 03:42 PM   #36
YelloPerilo
BANNED

Likes (Received): 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by staff
Wow, z0rg, you're the man! You're the man...

By the way - about that Suzhou model - I don't recall any area in Suzhou looking like that. Where is that lake featured in that picture? To me it looks like a smaller version of the West Lake in Hangzhou (with the causeways to the south and west)..

Well, a great job!
Suzhou lies next to Taihu Lake, which is huuuuuge in comparison to Xihu Lake in Hangzhou.
YelloPerilo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2006, 03:50 PM   #37
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Likes (Received): 15902

It could be Xihu Lake in Hangzhou, the shape is similar. Taihu Lake is too big, I don't think that it is the lake that appears in the render. Staff may be right. However, there are some minor lakes in the east of Suzhou too.

Edit. It's Suzhou, no doubt. You can see the Gate of the Orient tower in the center of the CBD.

More than 300 supertall projects on going in China.
z0rg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2006, 04:02 PM   #38
zee
Jelly Bean!!

Likes (Received): 17

great models!
zee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2006, 04:39 PM   #39
jorgen
Viking

Likes (Received): 4

Amazing.

China as a nation in 50 years time will be extremely powerful.
jorgen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2006, 05:09 PM   #40
KOKOLOGIST
Unionized Seal Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by man101
I wouldn't be so proud of all this. I mean, really amazing! But very kitsch, this is only an opinion and it's ok what others think.
It is not an opinion the condition of construction workers and many others in China. All these buildings are the symbol of the churlish Country of repression which doesn't even know what democracy is and doesn't consider at all civil and human rights. I would be ashamed
Please note that unfortunately this is not an opinion but a fact.
Here are 2 links 4 those who seem to live in another world and don't even consider all this. You can find thousands.

http://hrichina.org/public/contents/...tem%5fid=26787

http://www.buyhard.fsnet.co.uk/workers_rights.htm
Bla, bla, bla, pure jealousy....Raising the issue of democracy is becoming such a cheap shot used by a few declining powers, it appears to me. Fortunately, it is the last tool at their disposal as China cannot be messed around with anymore. Don't be surprised if they become a World police in the future, hopefully a more equitable and just force than the US. And eventually, as China becomes strong enough so that no foreign power can really match it and attempts to destabilize it internally ( by playing the democracy card for instance) China will liberalize its society and will become more open.

And my dear fellows, China is showing us all how a country can and should be built! Bravo

P.S Where is our democratic response (NGOs, Hague Tribunal..) to the hell unleashed by a "democratic Israel" on civilians in Lebanon and UN observers

Last edited by KOKOLOGIST; July 26th, 2006 at 05:14 PM.
KOKOLOGIST no está en línea   Reply With Quote