daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 29th, 2006, 04:00 AM   #121
xInfamuzPunjabix

Likes (Received): 0

by the way i do love those towers =)
xInfamuzPunjabix no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 29th, 2006, 06:29 AM   #122
Anna Maria

Likes (Received): 12

Why skyscrapers?

Chinese cities have no other choice than to build skyscrapers. No land available.

http://english.people.com.cn/200607/...28_287457.html

Last edited by Anna Maria; July 29th, 2006 at 06:37 AM.
Anna Maria no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2006, 07:33 PM   #123
google_abcd

Likes (Received): 1

I guess most of these buidings are under construction
Quote:
Originally Posted by xInfamuzPunjabix
are they all even going to get built? or is it the common trend of making masterplans and not doing anything with them for almost 100 years.
google_abcd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2006, 07:44 PM   #124
obtuse_edge

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xInfamuzPunjabix
are they all even going to get built? or is it the common trend of making masterplans and not doing anything with them for almost 100 years.
That might be the case in the rest of the world. But in China, what is planned is built, typically within a couple of months.

China is a country where things get done.
obtuse_edge no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2006, 07:55 PM   #125
obtuse_edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbob
Oh I see your back. You didn't reply what I said before, I thought I silenced you. I don't care what you say about Scotland. You speak as if chinese are innocent, you people are one of the most ******* barbaric nations going, you know your crimes, but unlike other people you can't own up.

Coming from the UK, you have some nerve to talk about "******* barbaric nations". China in its history has been far more civilized than your young nation which barely emerged out of the trees until only a few hundred years ago.

Britain has been guilty of more crimes against the world than any other nation. You have no right to be self-righteous when you are speaking to Chinese. China, historically was a peaceful country that was far less aggressive than its power dictated. Yours, however, was far more aggressive than necessary, often wiping out whole populations for sport, like the Aborigines in Australia. The British are good for two things, one is barbaric behavior, the other is self-righteous behavior. Your hypocrisy is truly unbelievable.

This is a Chinese thread, and you're not welcome. Why don't you mind your own business? China was once the victim of British imperialism, but today China is a rising and mighty power. In 30 years time, China will be a leading superpower and dominate the world stage, the world's most powerful men will be Chinese. Just because your tiny island nation is receding back to the irrelevant savagery that it emerged from when your ancestors walked out of caves half-naked a few hundred years ago, don't be jealous that our great 5,000 year old civilization is regaining its rightful place as the greatest and most powerful nation on this earth.

Pathetic British savage.
Old July 29th, 2006, 08:11 PM   #126
duskdawn
My Heart is with Beijing.

Likes (Received): 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by obtuse_edge
Coming from the UK, you have some nerve to talk about "******* barbaric nations". China in its history has been far more civilized than your young nation which barely emerged out of the trees until only a few hundred years ago.

Britain has been guilty of more crimes against the world than any other nation. You have no right to be self-righteous when you are speaking to Chinese. China, historically was a peaceful country that was far less aggressive than its power dictated. Yours, however, was far more aggressive than necessary, often wiping out whole populations for sport, like the Aborigines in Australia. The British are good for two things, one is barbaric behavior, the other is self-righteous behavior. Your hypocrisy is truly unbelievable.

This is a Chinese thread, and you're not welcome. Why don't you mind your own business? China was once the victim of British imperialism, but today China is a rising and mighty power. In 30 years time, China will be a leading superpower and dominate the world stage, the world's most powerful men will be Chinese. Just because your tiny island nation is receding back to the irrelevant savagery that it emerged from when your ancestors walked out of caves half-naked a few hundred years ago, don't be jealous that our great 5,000 year old civilization is regaining its rightful place as the greatest and most powerful nation on this earth.

Pathetic British savage.
呵呵,消消气~~
We don't need to argue too much with those people. They are everywhere.
Making ourselves stronger is the only way to defend us from bullying by those narrow-minded and arrogant people and we had enough in these 150 years. And that's why China is developing itself quickly right now. The government is doing great job on this. They have my full support. And I think many Chinese people have faith on them too.

Last edited by duskdawn; July 29th, 2006 at 08:20 PM.
duskdawn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2006, 08:31 PM   #127
Indyman

Likes (Received): 4

I know China has claimed a "Peaceful Rise" and I think they are sucefully portraying that image. But I hope that once they have fully "risen" their views on being passive dont change.
Old July 29th, 2006, 08:42 PM   #128
obtuse_edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by duskdawn
呵呵,消消气~~
We don't need to argue too much with those people. They are everywhere.
Making ourselves stronger is the only way to defend us from bullying by those narrow-minded and arrogant people and we had enough in these 150 years. And that's why China is developing itself quickly right now. The government is doing great job on this. They have my full support. And I think many Chinese people have faith on them too.
Western hypocrisy is too much to bear. You cannot reason with them because their view of history is so twisted. They commited the most evils on earth, but they demonize others in their imagination. Yes, the best way is to develop China so we do not have to live with their hypocritical views. In a few decades time, China will be so powerful that the views of the West and Europe will be irrelevant and worthless to us.

Chinese should concentrate hard on developing our country. China was the most advanced, richest, most civilized, most powerful nation on the earth for many thousands of years. The West has only been the most powerful for the past 200 years, it is only an accident. China learned its lessons through our blood and suffering in the hands of the West, but those days are over. China is rising again to become the leader and the greatest nation on this earth. That's the only rightful place for China.

這些洋鬼子的看法真是太矛盾﹗我真的受不了它們的態度﹗中國人最好專心建造一個
新偉大和強烈的中國。不用在乎這種洋鬼子的意見了﹗
Old July 29th, 2006, 08:51 PM   #129
Minotaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyman
I know China has claimed a "Peaceful Rise" and I think they are sucefully portraying that image. But I hope that once they have fully "risen" their views on being passive dont change.
I think your concerns are misplaced. China doesn't have a religion that believes the world must be converted to its will. Nor does it have a history of trying to take over the world. BTW, Western fictional movies, TV, or Tom Clancy novels don't count as actually historical events. Also, the Chinese aren't Mongols or the Japanese Empire. So don't displaced guilt of their conquering histories to the Chinese because by that logic, you can be called a Nazi and you are personally responsible for enslaving Africans and not your ancestors.

The world doesn't see China bombing countries around the world. Maybe that's why in a survey, virtually all Western countries see the US as the greatest threat to world peace far above China.

Compared to the rise of every other power today, China's has been the most peaceful.
Minotaur no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2006, 08:53 PM   #130
Indyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by obtuse_edge
Western hypocrisy is too much to bear. You cannot reason with them because their view of history is so twisted. They commited the most evils on earth, but they demonize others in their imagination. Yes, the best way is to develop China so we do not have to live with their hypocritical views. In a few decades time, China will be so powerful that the views of the West and Europe will be irrelevant and worthless to us.

Chinese should concentrate hard on developing our country. China was the most advanced, richest, most civilized, most powerful nation on the earth for many thousands of years. The West has only been the most powerful for the past 200 years, it is only an accident. China learned its lessons through our blood and suffering in the hands of the West, but those days are over. China is rising again to become the leader and the greatest nation on this earth. That's the only rightful place for China.

這些洋鬼子的看法真是太矛盾﹗我真的受不了它們的態度﹗中國人最好專心建造一個
新偉大和強烈的中國。不用在乎這種洋鬼子的意見了﹗

"That's the only rightful place for China." I like China and the Chinese people...but that almost sounds as if you believe China is gods gift to earth.
Old July 29th, 2006, 08:55 PM   #131
Indyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minotaur
I think your concerns are misplaced. China doesn't have a religion that believes the world must be converted to its will. Nor does it have a history of trying to take over the world. BTW, Western fictional movies, TV, or Tom Clancy novels don't count as actually historical events. Also, the Chinese aren't Mongols or the Japanese Empire. So don't displaced guilt of their conquering histories to the Chinese because by that logic, you can be called a Nazi and you are personally responsible for enslaving Africans and not your ancestors.

The world doesn't see China bombing countries around the world. Maybe that's why in a survey, virtually all Western countries see the US as the greatest threat to world peace far above China.
Did western countries view the US as a threat before it was a superpower? I think becoming a superpower changes a country and China might remain how it is or it might change. Nobody knows.
Old July 29th, 2006, 09:01 PM   #132
jason poon
A Hongkonger

Likes (Received): 1

I believe we Chinese are never ever attempt to rule the World, our philosophy of "peaceful raise" is precisely representing our minds.

We are a country just stood up for fifty something years when our civil war ceased at 1949, we are seldom to touch other countries' internal affairs coz we understand we have much much more problems to be tackled; we never request the self-righteous to turn their minds coz we believe our behavior shall able to convince them.

I believe whoever Chinese coming from wherever communistic mainland, halfly-democratic Taiwan or western-minded HK, we are wishing commonly that "Giving us space we shall return the World with common prosper".

Let's return to the fundamental vision of this forum, let's concentrate on skyscraper development please.
jason poon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2006, 09:05 PM   #133
Minotaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyman
Did western countries view the US as a threat before it was a superpower? I think becoming a superpower changes a country and China might remain how it is or it might change. Nobody knows.
Depends on how one sees what a "threat" is. I'm sure the British saw American independence from them as a threat. That's why there was war.

And I'm sure in a way China's unwillingness to follow unquestionably behind Western policies can be seen as independence from the West. I'm certain the Chinese view themselves as just independent and not a "rogue" state as some in the West describe China today. Afterall it would be hypocritical of China to follow Western policies and actions like embargos on countries when many in the West wish to force those same policies on China.
Minotaur no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2006, 09:09 PM   #134
duskdawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason poon
I believe we Chinese are never ever attempt to rule the World, our philosophy of "peaceful raise" is precisely representing our minds.

We are a country just stood up for fifty something years when our civil war ceased at 1949, we are seldom to touch other countries' internal affairs coz we understand we have much much more problems to be tackled; we never request the self-righteous to turn their minds coz we believe our behavior shall able to convince them.

I believe whoever Chinese coming from wherever communistic mainland, halfly-democratic Taiwan or western-minded HK, we are wishing commonly that "Giving us space we shall return the World with common prosper".

Let's return to the fundamental vision of this forum, let's concentrate on skyscraper development please.
Agreed. Cheers my Hong Kong mate.
Old July 29th, 2006, 11:01 PM   #135
Spooky873
BANNED

Likes (Received): 64

Nationalist bastards. Im happy to see China prospering, id like to see it with my own eyes and im sure I will someday. But some of you are getting a little too arrogant for your own good, dont forget China has a long way to go, you shouldnt treat projections like theyre set in stone. Its getting a bit hypocritical now with the accusations towards the Western world, its a global economy, and most of the investment is coming from there. Dont bite the hand that feeds you. Pretty soon im not gonna wanna visit your country because of your attitudes towards us. Most of your accusations are on ignorant or arrogant Westerners, but its only in response to the way you are, which is arrogant as well. Its one thing to be nationalistic, but its another to be completely ****** arrogant about it. These projections are promising, lets hope they last.

much love from NY.

Last edited by Spooky873; July 29th, 2006 at 11:08 PM.
Spooky873 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2006, 11:04 PM   #136
duskdawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky873
Dont bite the hand that feeds you.
Use your words correctly and politely. You are no different than those nationalists and racists.
Old July 29th, 2006, 11:07 PM   #137
Spooky873
BANNED

Ive grown tired of seeing arrogant Chinese nationalists being hypocritical in their accusations. Surely its a small % that does it.

btw, racist? where do you get that from in here?
Old July 29th, 2006, 11:08 PM   #138
tiger
BANNED

Likes (Received): 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky873
Nationalist bastards. Im happy to see China prospering, id like to see it with my own eyes and im sure I will someday. But some of you are getting a little too arrogant for your own good, dont forget China has a long way to go, you shouldnt treat projections like theyre set in stone. Its getting a bit hypocritical now with the accusations towards the Western world, its a global economy, and most of the investment is coming from there. Dont bite the hand that feeds you.
You've got to know there's no western world in economic term,and most FDI toward China comes from Chinese world and Confucianist World.
tiger no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2006, 11:08 PM   #139
Spooky873
BANNED

nice avatar btw.
Old July 29th, 2006, 11:09 PM   #140
Spooky873
BANNED

Most of you speak too soon im afraid. Its growing tiresome around here.