daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 26th, 2006, 07:55 PM   #1
kcmetro
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Kansas City Development News

If anyone is interested, here's a link to an article and more renderings of the P&L District under construction in KC. The development seems to be a little bit behind schedule, but hopefully it will pay off in the end.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/15127333.htm
kcmetro no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 26th, 2006, 07:58 PM   #2
Bonjourtoledo

Location: Toledo a.k.a. Glass City, Solar City, Jeep City or Mud Hens Town

One wonders why isn't there a sticky thread for Kansas City metro area??? I would fairly assume this thread belongs in one of the stickies if it was made. It would make logically sense that if Kansas City has a sticky before Green Bay.
Old July 26th, 2006, 08:27 PM   #3
kcmetro
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonjourtoledo
One wonders why isn't there a sticky thread for Kansas City metro area??? I would fairly assume this thread belongs in one of the stickies if it was made. It would make logically sense that if Kansas City has a sticky before Green Bay.
I'm not sure if there's one in here or not, but if not it's because most KC people don't post on this forum on a regular basis. KC has its own forum where we talk about these developments and other issues.

http://www.kcskyscrapers.com/newforum/
Old July 26th, 2006, 09:05 PM   #4
Bonjourtoledo

Location: Toledo a.k.a. Glass City, Solar City, Jeep City or Mud Hens Town

Why you guys have your own when there's a perfect website like Skyscraper to hold a KC sticky thread?
Old July 26th, 2006, 09:14 PM   #5
kcmetro
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonjourtoledo
Why you guys have your own when there's a perfect website like Skyscraper to hold a KC sticky thread?
I'm not sure. I just joined both the sites in June....so I'm a newcomer.
Old July 26th, 2006, 11:53 PM   #6
Troostin

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
You're kidding right? The KCskyscrapers.com forum has more active forumers than skyscrapercity's entire midwest forum does. Since thier site is devoted to KC development and doesn't suffer the extreme anti-KC bias found here, why would any of them need to come here?

People have tried to start a KC development sticky but the KC forumers ignore this site so the sticky post is never updated and eventually goes away.
Troostin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2006, 12:19 AM   #7
araman0
Purdue U. / Marquette U.

Likes (Received): 469

If you use SSC, you would gain more attention from other browsers for your great city. For instance, I could keep up with KC news fairly easily if you were to hold it here, whereas I would never browse out to kansascity.com or the many other city websites which exist outside of SSC. Mabey that's why Green Bay has a sticky on here?
araman0 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2006, 12:45 AM   #8
kcmetro
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by araman0
If you use SSC, you would gain more attention from other browsers for your great city. For instance, I could keep up with KC news fairly easily if you were to hold it here, whereas I would never browse out to kansascity.com or the many other city websites which exist outside of SSC. Mabey that's why Green Bay has a sticky on here?
That's why I didn't really understand why we have our own, because nobody besides KC people are going to know WTF is going on in KC when it comes to development. It's convenient in a way because there are so many different topics being discussed, but also it's making it so that everyone outside of KC is out of the loop. That's why I like to post KC stuff in here so that others know what's going on.
Old July 27th, 2006, 01:57 AM   #9
Guy Legend
Legend in Time

Sounds like this thread should be renamed and sticked for KC.
Guy Legend no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2006, 09:47 AM   #10
indyfan

hmmm...thot is veddy veddy intedesting
indyfan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2006, 04:50 PM   #11
Urban Elitist
STL born and raised

^Fair enough. From what I'm seeing the P&L district will be a welcome edition to Missouri.
Urban Elitist no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2006, 05:03 PM   #12
kcmetro
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Elitist
^Fair enough. From what I'm seeing the P&L district will be a welcome edition to Missouri.
It looks like it should be. I'm glad we have Cordish doing the development since they seem to be the best in their field. I haven't been to any of their other projects like in Louisville, but I've heard they're nice. It's a little hard right now for me to get a sense of the scale of the project, so I'm looking forward to the day it opens and I can stroll through the area. I'm also excited about the stores, restaurants, and bars that will be there. And just think when the Big 12 Tourney comes to the Sprint Center......should be a great environment for visitors.
Old July 28th, 2006, 02:05 AM   #13
Cincinnatus
JUNCTA JUVANT

Likes (Received): 4

WOW! That looks great! Way to go, KC! $800mil, damn, that's a lot of development.

I hope they don't make the streets too wide though.
Cincinnatus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2006, 04:58 AM   #14
kcmetro
BANNED

Hey MCC I noticed your icon with the 720 dunk. Did you go to the AND1 game in Indy? Guess who I walked past when I was down in the Plaza in KC the weekend AND1 was in KC......AO....mohawk and all. You couldn't miss the guy....one of a few black dudes on the Plaza who actually was carrying shopping bags (reference to how expensive it is) AND he had his trademark mohawk. I messed up and said "hey that's Hot Sauce"...then realize it was AO and he was already past me so I didn't get an autograph. I'm pretty sure he heard me say "hot sauce" which probably didn't sit too well with him cause I'm sure he gets that all the time.

Just a little side story for ya.
Old July 28th, 2006, 05:02 AM   #15
MCC
Made in Indy

Likes (Received): 20

Haha, he wasn't being followed by cameramen with the rest of the team was he? It doesn't sound like he was but that's what they do on the show now to spice things up since watching the same tricks over and over can get boring.
MCC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2006, 06:19 PM   #16
kcmetro
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Life
WOW! That looks great! Way to go, KC! $800mil, damn, that's a lot of development.

I hope they don't make the streets too wide though.
All the streets in the district are supposed to be 2 lane roads so they'll be pedestrian friendly. I love that it's going to be DT, but that area will be a traffic nightmare when the Big 12 bball tourney is in town. Just imagine.....thousands of fans there drinking and going to games in the district and Sprint Center next door....and thousands of workers getting off work at 5pm. That area is heavily traveled too when people are coming and going home from work. Shouldn't be anything we can't handle though. I'm excited!
Old July 28th, 2006, 11:16 PM   #17
CorrND
Moderator Chris

Likes (Received): 463

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmetro
All the streets in the district are supposed to be 2 lane roads so they'll be pedestrian friendly. I love that it's going to be DT, but that area will be a traffic nightmare when the Big 12 bball tourney is in town. Just imagine.....thousands of fans there drinking and going to games in the district and Sprint Center next door....and thousands of workers getting off work at 5pm. That area is heavily traveled too when people are coming and going home from work. Shouldn't be anything we can't handle though. I'm excited!
You're describing exactly what happens to downtown Indy when the B10 tourney is here. All of the out of towners pouring into downtown to go to their "team headquarters" bars before the games, right about when everyone working there wants to leave. As long as you get in early in the afternoon, it's damn fun to walk around during the madness!

KC will definitely be hopping when they host B12 bball!
CorrND no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2006, 04:07 PM   #18
historybuffer

Likes (Received): 5

How are the other Moshe Safdie projects going? Any update pix?
historybuffer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2006, 09:41 PM   #19
kcmetro
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by historybuffer
How are the other Moshe Safdie projects going? Any update pix?
They haven't started on the Performing Arts building yet. I'm not exactly sure when they plan to start it, but I'm assuming it'll be right after the convention center expansion is complete later this year.
Old August 2nd, 2006, 04:20 PM   #20
kcmetro
BANNED

Go Ball State! My favorite sports columnist went to Ball State......Jason Whitlock of the KC Star. I have a good friend in Indy who also went there. I can't wait to play them in bball this November too (I go to KU).