daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 3rd, 2006, 07:09 PM   #21
historybuffer

Likes (Received): 5

Someone should post Safdie's projects in KC again. This is a major coup for KC,
an architect of this caliber applying his urban design concepts to an American city grid.
It's going to be amazing.
historybuffer no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 3rd, 2006, 08:37 PM   #22
kcmetro
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Moshe Safdie

If you guys want to check out these cool projects by Moshe Safdie, just go to www.msafdie.com and click on projects and location and you'll see 3 projects for KC. They look pretty ******' awesome and I can't wait til they're finished. We're lucky to have such an architect design these buildings.
kcmetro no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2006, 06:43 AM   #23
Absolut355
I Heart Height

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by historybuffer
Someone should post Safdie's projects in KC again. This is a major coup for KC,
an architect of this caliber applying his urban design concepts to an American city grid.
It's going to be amazing.
If you look back probably 3 or 4 pages in the MW forum you'd see a thread that was started by kcmetro on this project, amongst some other KC stuff happening. All quality shit.

www.urbanstl.com
Absolut355 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2006, 08:07 PM   #24
kcmetro
BANNED

Here are some renderings of the P&L District that were released a few weeks ago.

Old August 23rd, 2006, 01:15 AM   #25
NaptownBoy
1981 Civic

^Whoa! For a sec after viewing those pics I thought that prick kcpimp/raytown had returned to terrorize the forums.

Do me a favor: If you see kcpimp on the streets, kick him in the nuts (if he even has any) for me. Thanks.
NaptownBoy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2006, 06:49 AM   #26
NaptownBoy
1981 Civic

haha...lol
Old August 23rd, 2006, 06:52 AM   #27
NaptownBoy
1981 Civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmetro
Go Ball State! My favorite sports columnist went to Ball State......Jason Whitlock of the KC Star. I have a good friend in Indy who also went there. I can't wait to play them in bball this November too (I go to KU).
I'm telling you, we're doing big things at BSU. We have a new head basketball coach this year who will take us to the Final Four, so be careful!

I just cant wait to watch IU get their ass whooped by BSU.
Old August 23rd, 2006, 06:54 AM   #28
NaptownBoy
1981 Civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolut355
Sweet, only about 9,980 more to go...

And Naptown, I just keep pretending everytime I see your signature that you are rooting for the birds on the bat...wishful thinking LOL
My signature refers to anything Cardinal related, so to speak. STL coming along this year, though.
Old August 23rd, 2006, 08:30 AM   #29
kcmetro
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaptownBoy
I'm telling you, we're doing big things at BSU. We have a new head basketball coach this year who will take us to the Final Four, so be careful!

I just cant wait to watch IU get their ass whooped by BSU.
Final Four? Holy shit. That's like saying KU will play for the national championship in football. BUT, I guess if George Mason did it then anyone can.

This could be KU's year, as long as they can get by the first round. I went to the Final Fours in 2002 and 2003 and had a blast, but came home disappointed due to our lackluster performance and horrible freethrow shooting against Carmelo and Syracuse. This is the best group of players that we've had in the history of KS bball so that's saying something. We've had better individual players like Danny Manning and Paul Pierce and Drew Gooden, but we've never had this many REALLY GOOD players at once. And there aren't any seniors on this year's squad so just think if they all stuck around another year! Anything less than a Final Four appearance this coming season will be a disappointment to ALL KU fans.
Old August 24th, 2006, 02:29 AM   #30
Absolut355
I Heart Height

Those renderings make the P&L district look badass...I was squinting my eyes being like "What the hell does DKKC stand for?" and then I saw it was Donna Karan. LOL.
"I am so smart. I am so smart. S-M-R-T. I mean S-M-A-R-T." - Homer Simpson

www.urbanstl.com
Absolut355 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2006, 08:33 AM   #31
scraperboy
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaptownBoy
My signature refers to anything Cardinal related, so to speak. STL coming along this year, though.

How about the Louisville Cardinals Watch out BCS!
scraperboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2006, 07:16 PM   #32
kcmetro
BANNED

edit: deleted pics

Last edited by kcmetro; February 7th, 2007 at 02:05 AM.
Old October 9th, 2006, 10:52 PM   #33
kcmetro
BANNED

This may have been posted before, but thought I'd put it on here. Good article in Fortune Magazine over the summer about KC.

http://www.thinkkc.com/Fortune/index.htm
Old October 10th, 2006, 02:41 AM   #34
Urban Elitist
STL born and raised

Yeah that ADVERTISEMENT was posted here before by one of the KC cohorts....
Urban Elitist no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2006, 06:48 AM   #35
kcmetro
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Elitist View Post
Yeah that ADVERTISEMENT was posted here before by one of the KC cohorts....
Kinda like that article in the NY Times about STL's Ballpark Village?
Old October 11th, 2006, 06:34 PM   #36
Urban Elitist
STL born and raised

Actually no, nothing like the article in the NY times. The NY times was an actual objective ARTICLE written by the NY Times on progress in DT STL. Same for the piece that USA Today wrote on STL earlier this year(in April I believe).

That "Think KC" piece was written by a group of KC business men who PAID Forbes' going advertisement rate to publish it in their magazine. In other words it's an advertisement, a fluff piece. The crazy KC poster who kept coming around for a while tried to pass it off as an objective article too.....
Old October 11th, 2006, 06:57 PM   #37
Urban Elitist
STL born and raised

And here's the proof:
http://www.thinkkc.com/Fortune/index.htm

They admit right there that they "sponsored", aka paid, fortune Magazine to print thier advertisement for KC.

Also, here they thank sponsors for "participating in this important KC marketing effort"
http://www.thinkkc.com/Fortune/partners/Partners.htm

Even more proof:
http://www.thinkkc.com/Fortune/saying/saying.htm

There's nothing wrong with promoting one's city. I think it's a good thing that KC is doing things like this to gain more national attention. Just don't try and decieve people into thinking Fortune Magazie wrote an article that clrearly biased to advrertise KC for investment.
Old October 11th, 2006, 07:01 PM   #38
kcmetro
BANNED

Well I do understand where you're coming from, but just because it's an "advertisement" written by KC people doesn't negate the facts. I'd say it's a very accurate portrayal of what's going on in KC, mainly due to the fact that it was written by people who are "in the know" so to speak.
Old October 11th, 2006, 08:25 PM   #39
Mortyshanks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Elitist View Post
Actually no, nothing like the article in the NY times. The NY times was an actual objective ARTICLE written by the NY Times on progress in DT STL. Same for the piece that USA Today wrote on STL earlier this year(in April I believe).

That "Think KC" piece was written by a group of KC business men who PAID Forbes' going advertisement rate to publish it in their magazine. In other words it's an advertisement, a fluff piece. The crazy KC poster who kept coming around for a while tried to pass it off as an objective article too.....
I've noticed that you and others in the midwest forum have a warped tendency to disrupt any thread about Kansas City, why is that.

kcmetro - have any other retailers been announced for this? The glass is being manufactured for the Sprint Center now and should be on in a month.
Mortyshanks no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2006, 08:54 PM   #40
kcmetro
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortyshanks View Post
I've noticed that you and others in the midwest forum have a warped tendency to disrupt any thread about Kansas City, why is that.

kcmetro - have any other retailers been announced for this? The glass is being manufactured for the Sprint Center now and should be on in a month.
From the kc site.......

As of 10/11/06:

- AMC Theatres (Empire Theatre) http://www.amctheatres.com
- Lucky Strike http://www.bowlluckystrike.com (first regional location) (13th & Walnut block)
- Cosentino's grocery store (12th & Main block, local grocer)
- Bristol Seafood Restaurant (14th & Main block) http://www.bristolseafoodgrill.com ...KC original restaurant
- Gimme Sum Fresh Asian Grill http://www.gimmesum.com (first MO location)
- Sprint Nextel retail store
- Vinino (new concept wine bar co-developed by Cordish) (13th & Walnut block)
- Ted's Montana Grill
- Gordon Biersch (chain brewpub, first in MO/KS) http://www.gordonbiersch.com
- ChinaBar (original concept from CB5 Restaurant group - "ChinaBAR will seat 225 people and feature Japanese sushi, classic Chinese dishes and a Zen garden." - KC Bus. journal) - 13th & Walnut block)

Rumored in negotiations:

- 810 Sports Zone (810 says they are out)
- Maker's Mark Bourbon House (again rumored by Hearne Christopher on 9/29/06)
- Latteland
- Hard Rock Cafe
- Taverna Opa ( http://www.tavernaoparestaurant.com/home.php )...semi-confirmed rumor from user.