daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 1st, 2006, 07:31 AM   #21
LMC

Likes (Received): 2

nice tower! ... lovely
seems to have a skygarden right?
LMC no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 1st, 2006, 07:38 AM   #22
Muse
Supernature

Likes (Received): 32

Yeah, like a winter-garden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybird
it is so called "girl tower" in shanghai, another "boy tower" along her.
lol WTF? Something about the tower to the left being constructed in the picture ssfan posted?

Quote:
Recent updates
Muse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2006, 07:52 AM   #23
flybird

Likes (Received): 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muse
Yeah, like a winter-garden.

lol WTF? Something about the tower to the left being constructed in the picture ssfan posted?

yes along her a Development Tower is being built at the same time. I am not sure the finial design, here is the project :development tower

hope boy and girl grow up soon.

flybird no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2006, 07:56 AM   #24
Muse
Supernature

Likes (Received): 32

LOL Err, okay thanks flybird.
Muse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2006, 09:56 AM   #25
Mosaic
BANGKOK

Likes (Received): 755

very impressive design, I really like it. It looks so modern, glassy and functional. The roof is also gorgeous.
Mosaic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2006, 11:04 AM   #26
Ivalice.
When you feel the slip...

Likes (Received): 1

Jesper Tower = Girl? is it pretty much self explanatory to everyone, or am I the only

one who cannot associate nor would I provide any correlation between its physical

appearance to to any faminine identities hehe
Ivalice. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2006, 11:12 AM   #27
Ivalice.

http://www.skyscrapers.cn/forum/atta...ySk2JB3A0Y.jpg

exquisite rendering of Shanghai Pudong skylines, as depicted " early dawn in

Shanghai 2010" Jaw - Dropping
Old August 1st, 2006, 11:45 AM   #28
staff
囧!

Location: Hong Kong | Singapore | Melbourne | Malmö | Copenhagen | Shanghai
Likes (Received): 717

Jasper Tower is definately one of my favourite towers going up anywhere in the world right now!
Old August 1st, 2006, 11:48 AM   #29
Ivalice.

Old August 1st, 2006, 12:58 PM   #30
DocShergar
He's a beauty!

Likes (Received): 6

Lovely Tower(s)

Will be quite imposing.
Old August 1st, 2006, 02:36 PM   #31
Skyscrapercitizen
TIMBY

Likes (Received): 5408

A Q-one-abe.

I like it!
Old August 1st, 2006, 07:38 PM   #32
Ivalice.

Old August 2nd, 2006, 12:30 PM   #33
germantower
i ♥ NY

Likes (Received): 1152

WOW this is the most beatiful tower which will be build in Shanghai!The skyline of Shanghai looks more and more futuristic with each new added tower into it!The roof part of this Tower is excelent!
germantower no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2006, 02:04 PM   #34
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6522

Yes it's one of the best skyscrapers but in my opinion SWFC will be a bit better
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2006, 02:08 PM   #35
germantower
i ♥ NY

Ey ZZ you are also from germany Hallo Landsmann!
Old August 2nd, 2006, 02:18 PM   #36
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6522

Immer doch

Please don't write "English Please"!!
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2006, 02:22 PM   #37
Ivalice.

Germany has someone of the bueatiful skyscrapers, especially the newly constructed Train station. Truely marvelous!
Old August 2nd, 2006, 05:04 PM   #38
germantower
i ♥ NY

You mean the new main station in berlin?yes its wonderful i was there about 2 weeks ago its gigantic and really beautiful!
Old August 2nd, 2006, 06:26 PM   #39
Ivalice.

Yeah actually, I downloaded the whole episode in relations to the lowering of two

gigantic strucutres on irrespective side above the layers of glass ceilings. I remebered

they even brought alcohol to celebrate as the lowering process was completed. This

was shown on Discoverery Channel.

Some fine piece of German engineering.
Old August 3rd, 2006, 12:13 AM   #40
megatower
BANNED

Likes (Received): 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssfan
Official name: Zhongrong Jasper Tower
Neighborhood: Pudong
Borough: Pudong New Area
City: Shanghai
Height: 220m
Floors: 48

Official news from the developer's site :

Project Report on Jasper Tower(2005/08/09)

After five months of tight construction work, the foundation pit soil excavation work of Jasper Tower project is completed on May 20th, 2005. This means that the structure construction stage of Jasper project has begun.

Since the start of the foundation pit work in January 2005, the quality, schedule and safety of the construction has been very satisfying. This is the result of careful organization and collaboration of all participating parties. At present, the maximum deviation of the position of foundation protection - underground wall is 99.08mm, which is totally controllable. And the deviation of the position of roads and piping layout and the differences of underground water level and pressure bearing water level are all with the controllable scope. The safety of the foundation pit work is strongly ensured.

The diameter of the slab steel bar is quite big (ß∂32). And the under-beams are allocated partially on every floor underground. The thickness of the slab of the main tower is 2.8m. The slab steel bar ends are connected with ground wall earthing equipment, so the binding work of the steel bars is very difficult. However, the managing team of the Jasper project is never afraid of the difficulties. The more challenging the work is, the more excited and hardworking the project team is. As for the current steel bar work, firstly, we are improving the internal managerial system to enhance the sense of quality; secondly, we require the inspector company to strengthen the inspection work to seriously ensure the quality of every procedure; thirdly, when encountering questions and problems of the project, the construction parties will contact the designer in time to solve the problems promptly and properly through team-work.

Another tough job we faced recently was the large scale concrete pouring of foundation slab. It is an inspection on the all parties’ capability and a test on the on-site construction department’s organizing ability. As such, all the parties made thorough preparations for the job. The project department contacted the temperature testing company for the concrete pouring and submitted the testing plan to the inspector and designer for approval. Construction party also provided the organization structure of construction team for approval. The construction party thoroughly planned and controlled the concrete ingredients proportions, raw materials provision and concrete transportation. The intention of all those work was to prepare soundly for the concrete pouring work. By all parties’ collaboration, the concrete pouring work was successfully finished by the end of June.

The fourth supporting equipment has been removed and the structure construction of the four-floor basement is now under critical construction.

We seeded hope in the land of Jasper Tower in spring; we cultivate the land with passion and perspiration in summer; we believe that we will receive substantial harvest from the land in autumn.

News from the developper's site (http://www.china-zrg.com/english/news.asp)

Jasper under the blue sky(2005/12/05)

As the ancient literators say: the natural jasper is like the lotus coming out of clear water. The jade is a symbol of nobility, representing people's good wishes and blessing. The Jasper Tower is just like the beautiful jade of Zhongrong Group, symbolizing Zhongrong's spirit of being friendly, modest, hard working, enterprising and self-improving.

Since starting construction of project Jasper Tower, all the staff in the project department have been holding together and completed the construction of peg, underground diaphragm wall, basement flooring, structural construction of three underground floors as well as well as inspection of deep foundation pit and construction of steel structure, etc.
While the heated construction is under way on the building spot, the management personnel and the workers are all working overtime. Currently, 12 steel poles for the first part of core in the main building have UNDER THE BLUE SKY

been installed, examined and positioned. The colligation work of the steel bars is under way right now. The 18 steel tubes and poles in main building have all been fixed and the concrete pouring and smashing of the steel tubes has been completed. Backout of the first batch of supporting steel bars has come to an end, leaving little for manual backout. Colligation of steel bars in the north of back pouring belt of B1F has been finished. In section II, colligation of girder bars and flooring of templets are under way. Scaffold of steel poles for the sloping girder has been set up. It is planed to carry out concreting and pouring of Section I in the north of B1F from Nov. 3 on.

It is predicted that structural construction beneath ¡À0.000 will be finished by Nov. 15, 2005 and construction of overground main structure will formally start, indicating a new stage of project of Jasper Tower. Main structure will be completed by the end of year 2006; decoration and installation of water, power, air conditioning facilities will be started in the beginning of year 2007; equipment debugging, comprehensive debugging and trial operation of water, power and air condition facilities will start in the first half of year 2008 and in the same year the whole project will pass the examination and acceptance on completion and be delivered to the owners.
In the course of whole engineering management, staff of the project department pool their ideas and make concerted and united efforts to solve a series of technical problems such as the construction of deep foundation pit, consolidation of foundation pit, construction and backout of supporting structure, temperature control of ground floor concrete, and connection of steel bars of underground diaphragm, etc., accumulating precious experience for construction of foundation. Besides, the project department has also made active coordination between construction unit and design unit and trusted professional supervision unit to ensure the construction security and engineering quality of the project with the deepest foundation pit in the minor Lujiazui area. The project has also realized the goal of ¡°no accident in construction and quality¡± and passed the examination and acceptance of building sites of civilized construction in Shanghai. All these above factors make a successful starting point and lay a solid foundation for project of Jasper Tower to ensure ¡°Bai Yu Lan Award¡± and win ¡°Luban Award¡±.

All the managing personnel in the department of Jasper Tower firmly believe that under the leadership of Chairman Ni, we will build the project of Jasper Tower into a landmark project of Zhongrong Group. Through our hard working and accumulating managing experience and with an open mind, a sense of duty and responsibility and energetic enthusiasm, we will make full play of our intelligence and conscientiousness to do our contribution in Zhongrong's fast and steady development.
We will take more pride in telling others: ¡°I am one of Zhongrong family and I am proud of that.

Renderings

Recent updates

this tower is kick ass............you know this tower would be perfect at the burj dubai complex
megatower no está en línea   Reply With Quote