SkyscraperCity Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

[Czech Republic] Highways

24K views 27 replies 4 participants last post by  kokpit 
#1 · (Edited)
Thread appointed to discuss and show motorways (dálnice) and expressways (rychlostní silnice) in entire Czechia

Motorways: 1007 km planned length; 557 km + 34 km half profile in operation; 107 km under construction

Expressways: 1150 km planned length; 397 km + 32 km half profile in operation; 38 km under construction

<2006>
newly opened: 72,0 km of motorways; 9,9 km of expressways
construction start: 48,0 km of motorways; 36,5 km of expressways + 1 km half profile

<2007>
newly opened: 26,0 km of motorways; 18,1 km of expressways
construction start: 119,5 km of motorways; 124,5 km of expressways

<2008>
newly opened: 70,0 km of motorways; 26,7 km of expressways + 11,5 km in half profile
construction start: 72,1 km of motorways; 72,8 km of expressways

<2009>
newly opened: 108,3 km of motorways; 64,8 km of expressways
construction start: 66,1 km of motorways; 56,7 km of expressways

<2010> - presumption
newly opened: 14,3 km of motorways; 52,0 km of expressways
construction start: 26,8 km of motorways; 61,0 km of expressways

See less See more
#3 ·
I'm interrested in why there is not planed highway from Ostrava (CZ) to Žilina (SK). In Slovakia is connection between Žilina and Katowice in Poland U/C - highway D3 and short expressway R5 which will connect D3 with Czech border is planned. There will be very heavy traffic when factories Kia in Slovakia and Hyundai in Czech republic start full production.

#4 ·
Timoth12 said:
It would be also ineteresting to see the preparation works on the paralel expressway to Prague-Brno highway R35.
And I hope R49 construction to the Slovak border will preoceed in the forseeable future.

And, great photomontage of the picture, kokpit. :eek:kay:
Thank you, the photomontage is from ceskedalnice.cz, I decided to change the first post but I will post it later again.

R35 will be finished in far future, only 91 of 256 km is in operation. And construction of first 16 km R49 from Hulín to Fryšták should start next year, but another parts are again in far future...

Hulín Fryšták (R49)

And Vizovice czech-slovak border (R49) (realisation after 2010)

#5 · (Edited)
Qwert said:
I'm interrested in why there is not planed highway from Ostrava (CZ) to Žilina (SK). In Slovakia is connection between Žilina and Katowice in Poland U/C - highway D3 and short expressway R5 which will connect D3 with Czech border is planned. There will be very heavy traffic when factories Kia in Slovakia and Hyundai in Czech republic start full production.
They probably don't have money, the priority in Northern Moravia is currently the D47 motorway to connect Ostrava and Poland with our highway network. From Ostrava to Žilina there was planned only not direction-divided road wide 24,5m and 22,5 m near borders (no expressway, only I.class road I/68 and I/11) but as I know some parts or maybe all will be expressway with divided directions finally.
Totally from Třanovice (R48) to CZ-SK borders it's 29.8 km long so it's quite enough.
BTW from C-S borders to Jablunkov there is already new I.class road 7.3 km long as a S 11,5/80 (11,5m wide, designed speed 80kmph) which was opened in 2001 and in the future it'll be extended to expressway R 22,5m. And bypass of the Jablunkov is currently u/c as S 11,5/80 and should be opened in 11/2008 (they speed it up but it's yet too late... ) in future it should be expressway R 22,5 as well.
here is a map of I/11 and I/68

http://www.alpine-as.cz/ALPINE/src/edc5bf68.html

#6 ·
Kokpit, thanx for detailed explanation. Also of interest is the road between Vyškov, Starý Hrozenkov and Drietoma /sorry I don´t remember the numbering/. Former D1 highway was planned there, anyway, you, guys, constructed several bypasses, Uherské Hradište is probably the most important one, so the road is now very good driveable upt to the Starý Hrozenkov. Maybe in the future these bypasses will serve as the basis for the highway, or expressway connection between CZ and SK / besides already planned R49-R6 connection/.

Also, how is the toll system for the trucks working? In SVK seems to be functioning from 2008 I suppose.

#7 ·
kokpit said:
They probably don't have money, the priority in Northern Moravia is currently the D47 motorway to connect Ostrava and Poland with our highway network. From Ostrava to Žilina there was planned only not direction-divided road wide 24,5m and 22,5 m near borders (no expressway, only I.class road I/68 and I/11) but as I know some parts or maybe all will be expressway with divided directions finally.
Totally from Třanovice (R48) to CZ-SK borders it's 29.8 km long so it's quite enough.
BTW from C-S borders to Jablunkov there is already new I.class road 7.3 km long as a S 11,5/80 (11,5m wide, designed speed 80kmph) which was opened in 2001 and in the future it'll be extended to expressway R 22,5m. And bypass of the Jablunkov is currently u/c as S 11,5/80 and should be opened in 11/2008 (they speed it up but it's yet too late... ) in future it should be expressway R 22,5 as well.
http://www.alpine-as.cz/ALPINE/src/edc5bf68.html
They should build it for people who live there. It's not funny when 400 or more trucks per day pass your house.

#8 ·
Timoth12 said:
Kokpit, thanx for detailed explanation. Also of interest is the road between Vyškov, Starý Hrozenkov and Drietoma /sorry I don´t remember the numbering/. Former D1 highway was planned there, anyway, you, guys, constructed several bypasses, Uherské Hradište is probably the most important one, so the road is now very good driveable upt to the Starý Hrozenkov. Maybe in the future these bypasses will serve as the basis for the highway, or expressway connection between CZ and SK / besides already planned R49-R6 connection/.

Also, how is the toll system for the trucks working? In SVK seems to be functioning from 2008 I suppose.
Yes, that's european E50, it'll be probably only I.class road S11,5/80, I think it's enough coz there is not so heavy traffic. In next years new 14,5 km should be built (or rebuild). http://www.dalnice-silnice.cz/I/I-50.htm
Currently it looks like this:

other photos of I/50 http://www.dalnice-silnice.cz/Fotky/S50_01.htm

photos of Uherské Hradiště bypass (6,5km, opened 10/2004)

#9 ·
Qwert said:
They should build it for people who live there. It's not funny when 400 or more trucks per day pass your house.
I agree, this is our big problem, we are transit country and after joining EU the freight increased by some 30-50%, I hope the toll will help us a bit.

#11 ·
Timoth12 said:
They (Kapsch) start to built it few week ago, on motorways and expressways it should be ready at the end of the year and on the I.class roads half year later. We will see...

#12 ·
Timoth12 said:
Isn´t Uherské Hradište bypass estacade the longest one in the Czech republic? :)
I have no idea, I neither know how is it long nor where is our longest one. If you have some info pls tell me :). I have only heard that longest one will by on Prague circle, more than 2km long and about 40m above surface at one part. But there is still some time before completion...

#13 ·
#14 ·
kokpit said:
I have no idea, I neither know how is it long nor where is our longest one. If you have some info pls tell me :). I have only heard that longest one will by on Prague circle, more than 2km long and about 40m above surface at one part. But there is still some time before completion...
Well, the estacade, with a leghth of 1012m, according to this article: http://www.skanska.cz/index.aspx?id=1270 still is the longest one in CZ. So still is, but probably not for long, but Prague is a capital anyhow....

You know, what is also interesting? According to www.dalnice-slinice.cz the parts of I/50 are of R parameters, which means expressway parameters. It is the UH bypass and also Kunovice - Vésky, Vésky - Veletiny, Veletiny - Uherský Brod and Uhersky Brod bypass sections. Well, they are half-profile expressway /R11,5/, but interestingly these sections /around 20 km/ are in no map marked as expressways.

#15 ·
IMHO R 11,5 is the same as S 11,5, it hasn't divided directions so it can't be considered as expressway. Maybe in future it can be widen to R 22,5 e.g. but the opposite directions should have to be divided in any case. Or may be R and S have a bit different limiting parametres, e.g. gradients and so on, then make it some sense to distinguish R x S with non-divided direction and only 11.5 m wide. I'm not sure about it. But all in all I think that's right they don't mark 11,5m wide road into the map as a expressway.

#16 ·
Photos made in June 2006 showing 23,4 km long part of D8 motorway from Ústí nad Labem to czech-german border which is going to be opened in 12/2006.

(revious post: http://skyscrapercity.com/showpost.php?p=7909321&postcount=206)

1060m long flyover bridge Trmice, behind it begins next flyover bridge Ždírnický potok 468m long (not visible)

future Úžín exit

future Knínice exit

1070m long flyover bridge Knínice

north part heading to Libouchec tunnel

south portal of Libouchec tunnel (left tube 535m long, right tube 454m)

inside Libouchec tunnel

north portal of Libouchec tunnel

flyoverbridge between Libouchec and Panenská tunnel

last exit before Germany near Petrovice

525m long bridge Mordova rokle

354m long bridge Rybný potok

410m long border bridge (56m above ground level)

#18 ·
Qwert said:
Is there connection between highway D8 and some highway in Germany? I mean - is there connection between Prague and Berlin?
The D8 will be extended to the German Border, southeast of Dresden.
On the German side, the Germans are building the A17 Autobahn. In about 2 years, you can drive from Dresden to Praha (Prague) without leaving the motorway.

#19 ·
Between Dresden and Berlin there's A13 motorway already, from Dresden to Czech borders germans built A17 motorway (they have webpage about it http://www.autobahn17.de) and will open it at the same time (december 2006) as czechs D8 (23,4km part across Ore mountain - Krušné hory). But there will be still gap across České Středohoří mountains which is 16,4 km long. Construction should start in 2007 and finish 2009.

provisional traffic directions, lorries heading to Ústí nad Labem will use I/8 and to Lovosice I/30

#20 ·
Photos made in 06/2006 showing construction of D11 (Prague-Hradec Králové-Wroclaw) part between Poděbrady (km 42,0 from Prague) and Hradec Králové (km 90,8) in legth 45 km, which will be opened this year in December.

km 42,0

km 43,5

km 45,2 06/2005

km 48,2

km 51,7 biocorridor - "green" bridge

km 52,0

km 57,5

km 58,2

km 59,5 Žiželice bridge operational in half-profile

same bridge 06/2005

km 61,6 Levín interchange

km 62,2 Olešnice bridge (240m) and biocorridor, summer 2005

km 67,6 Chýšť interchange, summer 2005

km 68,5 10/2005

km 69,0

same place 06/2004

km 71,0 one of green bridges for animal migration

same bridge summer 2005

km 72,5

km 73,0

km 73,9 06/2005

km 76,7 Dobřenice interchange

management and service centre of D11 motorway

km 78,8

km 84,6 future Sedlice interchange D11-R35

km 88,7 provisional ending (2km before Hradec Králové I/11 road)

#21 · (Edited)
kokpit said:
IMHO R 11,5 is the same as S 11,5, it hasn't divided directions so it can't be considered as expressway. Maybe in future it can be widen to R 22,5 e.g. but the opposite directions should have to be divided in any case. Or may be R and S have a bit different limiting parametres, e.g. gradients and so on, then make it some sense to distinguish R x S with non-divided direction and only 11.5 m wide. I'm not sure about it. But all in all I think that's right they don't mark 11,5m wide road into the map as a expressway.
Yes, there are some differences, but not that much. R11,5 is a half profile expressway /full profile is R22,5/. E.g. on the pictures of I/11 the three lane road is probably near Buchlov with no level crossings, while UH bypass is half profile expressway /better sloping, lighter bendings, multi level crossings, emergency lane, etc.../. Well, I am active on www.dialnice.info, so there is where my knowledge came from.... And, as for the showing it on the maps, also D3 highway /Cadca bypass/ in Slovakia is on some maps marked as a road, on others as a highway....

#22 ·
Yes, I think the same. But if you have only half-profile expressway or motorway you shouldn't mark it in the map as a highway.
That Čadca bypass is in full or half profile?

#23 ·
kokpit said:
Yes, I think the same. But if you have only half-profile expressway or motorway you shouldn't mark it in the map as a highway.
That Čadca bypass is in full or half profile?
Well, Čadca bypass is half profile. According to the plans, full profile should be built around 2015. But I am not sure, whether this is not late day, because the traffic amount will shortly reach 15.000 vehicles/day and is constantly increasing.
In some maps you have also highway/orange color/ and planned highway /white color/. When the highway has at least four lanes, full profile, double orange lines are marked, when half profile is completed one line / highway marking/ is orange and other white... Approximately like that.

#24 ·
I understand, thats reasonable to mark it that way. But in case of that road I/50 via Uherské Hradiště to Slovakia border it's right that they don't mark it as expressway, coz there aren't any real plans to widen it to full profile. It's simply the first class road.

#26 ·
D3 is in far future I think and R35 as well (completion after 2010). Biggest will be probably D47 which is currently u/c, D1, last gap in D8 and some others, e.g. R1 - Prague circle. Here is detailed timetable if you are interested http://www.ceskedalnice.cz/stavba.htm
btw I read dialnice.info for quite a long time, I'm a bit interested in highways in Slovakia (plenty of tunnels, bridges = that's highway paradise :) ) but there is a good czech section as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.