daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 10th, 2006, 06:07 PM   #21
Bikkel
sadfox

Likes (Received): 1

We're in need of a clear and current skyline picture! Some of the taller buildings proposed or even already under construction (will) block the view on what is quite a splendid skyline already (Hoftoren, 'VROM' offices, Int Ct o/Justice etc). This skyline is quite delicate, adding an overdose of Rotterdam won't do the job; towers in The Hague would only be like 2, 3 or 4floors taller.
Bikkel no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 12th, 2006, 03:57 PM   #22
Sir P von
Gordon Gekko

Likes (Received): 0

the hague will look much better than rotterdam in 10 years. statistically, rotterdam will be way ahead, but the hague will be a masterpiece. the designs of the buildings are much more daring, progressive and unique! now if only they will put a decednt subway system in place, it will be a very convenient, proper functioning mini-metropolis!
Old August 12th, 2006, 04:27 PM   #23
SkyBridge
a.k.a. Sequentia

Likes (Received): 1841

^ That's an OPINION not a fact. Rotterdam has many daring projects under construction and is currently way ahead statistically. Think of the U/C Alvaro Siza's 'New Orleans', the 172m high 'Salmpoort' (highest tower of the country when finished), De Rotterdam, the Red Apple, Scheepmakerstoren etc. etc.

The Hague has a beautiful skyline that will grow even better soon, but it's pointless comparing it to other cities all the time.
Old August 12th, 2006, 04:35 PM   #24
Sir P von
Gordon Gekko

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBridge
^ That's an OPINION not a fact. Rotterdam has many daring projects under construction and is currently way ahead statistically. Think of the U/C Alvaro Siza's 'New Orleans', the 172m high 'Salmpoort' (highest tower of the country when finished), De Rotterdam, the Red Apple, Scheepmakerstoren etc. etc.

The Hague has a beautiful skyline that will grow even better soon, but it's pointless comparing it to other cities all the time.
of course it's an opinion. but don't underestimate the weight of mine just kidding. the way i see it, de rotterdam is the only really great project. as for salmpoort, dunno what it looks like. also, the hague's buildings will be more clustered, which i like. anyway, NL will have two nice skylines soon
Old August 12th, 2006, 08:19 PM   #25
marcobruls

Likes (Received): 1567

Dont try to debate with people from Rotterdam ,most of the time its futile,they live in the walhalla of 21stcentury modern urban metropolis world.

Realy, The Hague is clustering up nicely and the fact its got a medievilskyline teaming up with the modern highrise makes it a more complete skyline doesnt matter if Rotterdam makes a building linking it directly to the moon, itll never be as good as ours
marcobruls está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2006, 08:26 PM   #26
marcobruls

Bikkel asked for this

Old August 13th, 2006, 01:12 PM   #27
Eric Offereins
The only way is up

Likes (Received): 28168

The 2nd is really impressive. Just imagine all those new towers adding to that.
Eric Offereins no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2006, 02:28 PM   #28
SkyBridge
a.k.a. Sequentia

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcobruls
Dont try to debate with people from Rotterdam ,most of the time its futile,they live in the walhalla of 21stcentury modern urban metropolis world.
I'm not FROM Rotterdam - probably spent more of my life in The Hague than in Rotterdam. Secondly I said the Hague's skyline is exquisite, but that I get tired of people comparing skylines everyday. It's so pointless! You totally got me wrong and there was no reason for a lame comment like that.

Quote:
Realy, The Hague is clustering up nicely and the fact its got a medievilskyline teaming up with the modern highrise makes it a more complete skyline doesnt matter if Rotterdam makes a building linking it directly to the moon, itll never be as good as ours
And now you're talking exactly like you say people from Rotterdam do: arrogant. It's still an opinion, not a fact!
Old August 14th, 2006, 06:08 PM   #29
marcobruls

i dont realy give a shit where you are from,it says your from Rotterdam and you respond just like a person from Rotterdam on these forums,now im sure people from Rotterdam who dont come on this forum are not the same bitchy shitholes,and thats my opinion ....maybe not a fact
Old August 18th, 2006, 02:06 AM   #30
Quintana
Registered Abuser

Likes (Received): 1158

Here are two studies by DAVL Studio.

The first one is rather strange looking 210 meter high tower which combines offices with apartments located at a site called the Petroleumhaven (Petroleum Harbour). Chances of this one becoming serious one day seem rather slim at most to me.

The second study is a 150 meter (160 meters if you include the antenna) tall residential tower called Twisted which might very well be inspired by Malm÷'s Turning Torso. It was originally intended for Rotterdam but later switched to The Hague for reasons unknown to me. Maybe it was just too graceful for Rotterdam According to someone on the Dutch forums this tower is under development so hopefully we will be able to see it rise in the upcoming years.

Note that both towers are planned in rundown area's just outside the city center where all the current highrises are located.

Last edited by Quintana; August 18th, 2006 at 12:58 PM.
Quintana no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2006, 03:27 AM   #31
Mr Sky
Urbanity!

Likes (Received): 180

Old August 18th, 2006, 05:20 AM   #32
SkyBridge
a.k.a. Sequentia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintana
The second study is a 150 meter (160 meters if you include the antenna) tall residential tower called Twisted which might very well be inspired by Malm÷'s Turning Torso. It was originally intended for Rotterdam but later switched to The Hague for reasons unknown to me. Maybe it was just too graceful for Rotterdam According to someone on the Dutch forums this tower is under development so hopefully we will be able to see it rise in the upcoming years.
It was originally intended for The Hague, but no interest was shown so they chose a location in Rotterdam instead - Posthoornstraat. Unfortunately LSI (also developing the Salmpoort of 172m in Rotterdam) bought this location and are developing their own project on this location. That's why they've decided to try The Hague again.
Old August 18th, 2006, 12:19 PM   #33
Quintana
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altus Aedificium
They work perfectly fine with Firefox so I advise you to get a real browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBridge
It was originally intended for The Hague, but no interest was shown so they chose a location in Rotterdam instead - Posthoornstraat. Unfortunately LSI (also developing the Salmpoort of 172m in Rotterdam) bought this location and are developing their own project on this location. That's why they've decided to try The Hague again.
Thanks for clearing that up
Old August 18th, 2006, 12:39 PM   #34
spartannl
HHF user

Likes (Received): 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintana
They work perfectly fine with Firefox so I advise you to get a real browser
Uhh Quintana, using Firefox 1.5.0.6 myself, Altus seems to be right, for they neither show up here...
Old August 18th, 2006, 12:56 PM   #35
Quintana
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartannl
Uhh Quintana, using Firefox 1.5.0.6 myself, Altus seems to be right, for they neither show up here...
That's weird, I'm using Firefox 1.5.0.6 as well and they work perfectly fine. I'll upload the pictures at imageshack and repost them.

Edit: Done, they better work this time
Old August 18th, 2006, 02:07 PM   #36
_zner_
Optional Information

Likes (Received): 78

it looks magnificent to me! i like all those projects.
_zner_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2006, 09:00 PM   #37
Viren

Likes (Received): 17

Most of the projects in this thread are stunning. I can not wait till the time is passed by and the status of the projects has changed in UC.

It will give The Hague a greater status of a highrise city.
Viren no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2006, 03:34 PM   #38
Ramses

Likes (Received): 21

Cool projects! I really like The Hagues skyline, in my opinion the best skyline in the Netherlands. I hope all these projects will be build except the Juliana square.

It is too massive in my opinion. It will dwarf everything else in the skyline. Especially the Hoftoren. I hope the plans of this one will change and it will be replaced by two slender towers with a minimum hight of 160 meters. Then it would be perfect.
Ramses no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2006, 09:58 PM   #39
Bikkel
sadfox

Likes (Received): 1

Same kind of Firefox hickups at this end but those last two projects are copies of plans made for Lower Manhattan and Malm÷. Pretty unspectacular to be honest.
Bikkel no está en línea   Reply With Quote