daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 5th, 2008, 09:44 AM   #941
Berlin-Chongqinger

Likes (Received): 1

Hi everyone, i'm Chongqinger living in Berlin, Germany now. Wish to see much more pics about Chongqing!!
Berlin-Chongqinger no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 7th, 2008, 02:45 PM   #942
dingyunyang179

Likes (Received): 139

amazing city and amazing pics.
dingyunyang179 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2008, 05:08 PM   #943
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Likes (Received): 15908

Some low quality pics by zachary. Dec 6th~

Changjiang Twins, 2x195m, 48 floors. Topped out soon...

Xinhua Intl Building. 240m, 53 floors.

ASE Center. 5x193-460m.

Poly Tower. 300m, 60 floors.

Lanko Complex. 258m, 52 floors.

Century Emperor, 190m+

Shanghai City Hotel finally started. 240m+

Yingli Tower. 320m, 72 floors.

Chongqing IFC. 431m, 102 floors.

More than 300 supertall projects on going in China.
z0rg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2008, 02:00 AM   #944
Berlin-Chongqinger

Likes (Received): 1

the quality of your pictures is too low to represent the real scene...
Berlin-Chongqinger no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2008, 02:08 AM   #945
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Indeed. But I can only find 1 update a month or so for most Jiefangbei projects. Would be great if you could find some updates.

Old December 10th, 2008, 05:14 AM   #946
Maxxelli

Likes (Received): 0

Update

I would first like to apologize to the community as I have not yet fulfilled my promise of more pictures. Working in real estate I do have pictures of individual apartments and villas, as well as current skyscrapers, but I have not seem to have found the time to take pictures of the skyscrapers under construction. I will try to make time this weekend.

For those of you that are not in Chongqing a fact that should be known is that even most of the existing buildings have very high vacancy rates. All these buildings are purely being built on speculation. Everything you read points in the direction of Chongqing becoming the next Shanghai, so perhaps all this construction will serve its purpose in the near future, but for now there is an over abundance of office space.

The current global economic climate has yet to affect the local market as Chongqing is still experiencing unprecedented growth. For myself in the residential market unless the landlord has international ties they will rarely accept a decreased rental price; whereas on the east coast housing prices are starting to drop dramatically.

In the coming weeks I will try to take some pictures of the large high rise apartment blocks. 10 to 20 buildings all over 40 floors in a tight little area is quite astonishing. I am also going to Tiandi this afternoon and will give an update on that monstrous project.

Maxxelli no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2008, 05:37 AM   #947
tiger
BANNED

Likes (Received): 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxelli View Post
For those of you that are not in Chongqing a fact that should be known is that even most of the existing buildings have very high vacancy rates. All these buildings are purely being built on speculation. Everything you read points in the direction of Chongqing becoming the next Shanghai, so perhaps all this construction will serve its purpose in the near future, but for now there is an over abundance of office space.
It depends on what types of office towers you're talking about. I think there's a lack of high end office space in Chongqing rather than the opposite. Those vacant offices are either too low end or not located in the commerical centers. As you're in Chongqing you can take a look at the high end office towers, I think the vacance rate there is usually below 5%. As for the tower I worked in, there was even no vacant space.

Last edited by tiger; December 10th, 2008 at 05:54 AM.
tiger no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2008, 06:52 AM   #948
Joel que

Likes (Received): 42

there's report from economist, that china could face real estate bubble.already home price in shanghai are going (slightly) down,some even abandone,this could serve as warning to real estate developer not just on chongqing,but whole of china.
Joel que no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2008, 08:30 AM   #949
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Wasn't A grade office supply in Chongqing supposed to be too short? I've read that the gov pushed B grade offices to be upgraded because new offices coulnd't be finished on time to meet booming demand.

In Shanghai you have a huge over-supply of luxury residential space but very low vacancy rates of A grade offices. I used to think that CQ was the same.

Old December 11th, 2008, 06:23 AM   #950
Maxxelli

Some of the high end buildings are nearly fully occupied that is correct, but even the World Trade Center, which for the next year or so is the crown of the Jiefangbei skyline is not nearly fully occupied. Floors 4 through 15 are completely empty. Then, it is sporadic from then on until you get to the higher floors where the vacancy rates are much lower.

Of course a shinny new office tower will attract a lot of tenants and at the extremely rapid rate this city is growing it should not take long for these vacant offices to find tenants, but for now...

Maxxelli Real Estate deals more in the residential housing market and this is where the vacancy condition seems to increase. Although we do business in the commercial market our core competency is in housing. For high-rise apartment buildings in Chongqing there is a large supply of available flats. For an expatriate to find an available apartment it is simply a matter of choosing an area and in comparison to places like Shanghai or anywhere on the coast the prices are quite reasonable. Simple Supply and Demand.

Although it is this Supply and Demand that unfortunately leads to the inflated prices for houses. As Chongqing matures there are more villa and townhouse compounds under construction, but for now the supply of available villas is quite low. The newest villa compounds are not even near capacity. Again this is due to speculation on the growth of Chongqing. A large number of the property owners are not based in Chongqing and simply purchase the property as an investment and do not care to finish renovating them. There are villas available, but it is not as easy as finding an apartment and the prices in comparison to those on the coast are not that far off.

It is an exciting time to be in Chongqing right now with all of this unprecedented growth. The next few years here are going to put Chongqing on the world map for international investment and business opportunities and in time Chongqing will be said in the same breath as Shanghai and Hong Kong; not just for skyscrapers, but or international business as well.

Old December 11th, 2008, 06:43 AM   #951
Joel que

Likes (Received): 42

for the next 5 years,there are going to be a lot,and lot of office building dump in housing market,could the city absorb it?
already several multi national ,due to economic crisis are pulling out of China,such as shanghai.
Joel que no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2008, 09:01 AM   #952
macpolo

Likes (Received): 154

pix speak loader than words
i guess i dont have to point out which one is wtcc tower

since u live in chongqqing then u must know that if a tower is light up naturely in the night then it is absolutly full of working people which is nothing like in the western city such as nyc or LDF of paris just for the security reason or cleaning .

as u see in the pic wtcc ,ntc twins, nyny , metropolis plaza etc is almost full,,,

Old December 11th, 2008, 09:06 AM   #953
macpolo

for those who have fewer lights r just some crappy office towers and some outdated residential towers
Old December 11th, 2008, 09:10 AM   #954
macpolo

also u must know that in chongqing the night hits really late comparing to shanghai where usually around 17h00 its already dark outside
Old December 11th, 2008, 09:30 AM   #955
Maxxelli

There have been some that have pulled out, but BASF and HP are still planning on large operations in Chongqing. Just as anywhere else in the world right now things are very uncertain, but this economic crisis may benefit Chongqing in the long run as those operations on the coast search for less expensive alternatives and move inland.

Thus far prices for property have yet to drop like they have on the coast, but depending on how long the economic situation lasts Chongqing may not be able to weather the storm as it has so far.

Old December 12th, 2008, 03:04 PM   #956
staff
囧!

Location: Hong Kong | Singapore | Melbourne | Malm÷ | Copenhagen | Shanghai
Likes (Received): 717

I love hos this little piece of skyline alone is already among the top ones in the world:

Chongqing's future is very bright.
Old December 12th, 2008, 07:39 PM   #957
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Some news about International Mansion, resumed last month. Seems like they finally found a new developer, Lanko Group. New name is Lanko International Mansion.

By tetery

New design? If confirmed, it should be easily above 300m. The tower is in the same area as the Financial Street project, but it is not a part of it properly.

Old December 13th, 2008, 12:09 AM   #958
SilentStrike

Likes (Received): 192

Quote:
Originally Posted by macpolo View Post
also u must know that in chongqing the night hits really late comparing to shanghai where usually around 17h00 its already dark outside
isnt that because china has the same time all over the country, but CQ is quite a bit to the left?
SilentStrike no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2008, 09:21 AM   #959
bonivison

Likes (Received): 49

Too foggy in Chongqing
The environment really needs improvement
Old December 16th, 2008, 09:47 AM   #960
tiger
BANNED

Likes (Received): 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonivison View Post
Too foggy in Chongqing
The environment really needs improvement
Which Chinese city is not foggy?And it's stupid to judge the overall environment by photos, many of which were taken from the office and the bus.
tiger no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
chongqing