daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 6th, 2006, 08:00 AM   #341
SNT1

Likes (Received): 12

haha, i can hardly contain my excitement

so, technically it will be unveiled 'tomorrow' (its 1 EST wednesday now).

what time will they announce it come thursday? will it be all over CNN and stuff?
SNT1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 6th, 2006, 08:43 AM   #342
Ebola
BANNED

Likes (Received): 94

I'm not sure. I'm hoping that the renders and information articles are put up on www.wtc.com by noon on Thursday. It will be a big day for the future of the City of New York and her famous skyline; hopefully, we'll come to accept the new towers and see them as an iconic part of New York.
Ebola no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2006, 08:46 AM   #343
-Corey-
Je suis tout ā vous

Likes (Received): 5224

what channeL?

๏̯͡๏๏̯͡๏
-Corey- no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2006, 12:25 PM   #344
germantower
i ♥ NY

Likes (Received): 1155

29 hours and 35 minutes.
Old September 6th, 2006, 12:35 PM   #345
Gerard
registered muse

Likes (Received): 712

Article on the BBC site.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/5282810.stm

A small image comes with it.

It is a nice article to read.
Gerard no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2006, 12:49 PM   #346
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

Likes (Received): 3669

I can see some multi levels of restaurants there on the upper floors right?, but what will be above that?

-Imate pravo da ćutite, sve što budete rekli može i biće upotrebljeno protiv vas na forumu

You know you love me. XOXO.
Chad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2006, 12:52 PM   #347
Brendan

Likes (Received): 23

I sure hope so Ebola, I can't wait!
Brendan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2006, 03:06 PM   #348
Grollo
Developer

Likes (Received): 1015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengineer
On Sept 7th, the skyscraper community will recognize the WTC project as the greatest on earth. Trust me on this. Nowhere else is there even an ambition to simultaneously erect four independently designed 1000+ footers standing back to back from each other. This is the very definition of Massive-Scale.
There are 5 independently designed 1000+ footers U/C or about to start construction at Dubai Marina and at least three more proposed 1000+ footers. All of them are squeezed into a couple of blocks.
Old September 6th, 2006, 03:22 PM   #349
germantower
i ♥ NY

Likes (Received): 1155

Grollo i had the same thought as iread this post.Just look at this plan and wonder how many of supertalls will be build in the Dubai Marina.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old September 6th, 2006, 04:23 PM   #350
malec
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Likes (Received): 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by germantower
29 hours and 35 minutes.
For me it's only about 10 hours left
malec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2006, 04:45 PM   #351
tv123

Likes (Received): 0

still shitload of time left..
tv123 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2006, 06:13 PM   #352
european

Likes (Received): 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by malec
For me it's only about 10 hours left
Till what m8.
european no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2006, 06:17 PM   #353
STR
What'u smokin' Willis?

Likes (Received): 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad
I can see some multi levels of restaurants there on the upper floors right?, but what will be above that?
Two mechanical floors and a 30 foot high open air parapet. The Parapet continues the curtain wall from the roof at ~1,340 feet up to 1,368. Behind the curtain wall is a concrete one, blocking people from seeing the airconditioning plants behind it and making the top look more solid.

Old September 6th, 2006, 07:07 PM   #354
SNT1

Likes (Received): 12

less than 24 hours away from seeing possibly the best-looking, most imposing cluster of buildings in the world
SNT1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2006, 08:04 PM   #355
New York Yankee

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grollo
There are 5 independently designed 1000+ footers U/C or about to start construction at Dubai Marina and at least three more proposed 1000+ footers. All of them are squeezed into a couple of blocks.
The Dubai Marina isn't famous at all, and isn't comparible at this point. It will never have so much impact as you compare it with the WTC. Also, because the WTC will house large, famous companies, even business-mans and politics are exciting about it.

It will be a large scale development and it will be a very good 'toy' for the regional, but even national economy. It also will be a very attractive place for visitors.

At this points, the DM will never have those things like the WTC have. There will never been people who are at holiday at Dubai, and plan a day of there vacation to visit DM.

Also. DM isnīt a very famous construction block. So the WTC will always win in this points.
New York Yankee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2006, 08:54 PM   #356
godblessbotox
la is pritty

Likes (Received): 27

wow... are the floors really going to be that open? i know different renters will probly put up there own walls... but man. it looks so weak!

me+flickr=joy
godblessbotox no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2006, 09:27 PM   #357
Jay

Likes (Received): 1863

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad

The large floors you can see will be mechanical floors, the resturaunt and observatory will be above that.
Jay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2006, 09:43 PM   #358
soup or man
Avant Garde

Likes (Received): 864

I repeat: The WTC will possibly be the most important group of skyscrapers in history. Nothing can compare.
Old September 6th, 2006, 09:47 PM   #359
Virenque

Likes (Received): 1

I got an email from Twin Towers Alliance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by www.twintowersalliance.com
Dear Friends of the Twin Towers,

All of you who have signed the petition since we launched in the spring have given us a strong foundation to build upon. We know that the conventional wisdom is that we are wasting our time, but we sincerely do not think that will prove to be true.

The rally that we have been planning for so long is scheduled for next Sunday, September 10th, and we hope that you will visit the Alliance site (www.twintowersalliance.com/rally) to catch up on the details.

We need everyone's cooperation to make it all that it can be. Now is the time we could really use a vote of confidence in what we are doing.

If you live in Metro New York and are able to help with the postering/leafletting, please send an email to [email protected] and we will start coordinating with you tomorrow. We really need your help.

If you are planning to attend, it would be great to know it in advance. Send an email to [email protected].

We have downplayed donations in the past because we believe that the most important contribution anyone could make is their name and their comment. But just a few people have been underwriting the cost of web and graphics development and outreach up until now and the costs of the rally are considerable. We have a production company that is working for a third of what they normally charge because they believe in what we're doing and have guaranteed that the quality of the sound will be excellent. The cost of color printing is high but if we can't project a professional image we are at real disadvantage. And we are lining up pairs of twins to hand out the flyers and draw attention.

The Twin Towers Alliance campaign is all about getting attention, because they simply cannot win if we can gain the spotlight -- and you know we know our stuff.

Please do what you can to help -- and if you donate you can be sure 100% of your contribution will go to outreach, because we are all volunteers. See the links on the TTA "Who Are We?" page at http://www.twintowersalliance.com/petition/?page_id=18 for details.

We are grateful for all the support you have given us. It is inspiring and empowering to read the comments as they come in. What is frustrating is to realize how many more people would join us if they only knew of our efforts. But we won't stop trying until they all do, because we know what's at stake.

We thank you.

The Twin Towers Alliance
Then I replied and asked them why everywhere writes that Freedom Tower is already under construction and I`ve got an answer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by www.twintowersalliance.com
Nothing meaningful is happening on the Freedom Tower. Thanks for bringing Wikipedia to our attention -- we will have to update it after the rally.
What`s the truth? I don`t see a point of organising a rally if there`s no theoretical chance that towers will be rebuild.
Virenque no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2006, 10:06 PM   #360
New York Yankee

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48
The large floors you can see will be mechanical floors, the resturaunt and observatory will be above that.
And above that, are 2 floors for the NYC television and radio.
New York Yankee no está en línea   Reply With Quote