daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old September 8th, 2006, 04:27 AM   #521
soup or man
Avant Garde
 
soup or man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 3,758
Likes (Received): 864

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fusion
Can you swim in the pool?
Did you seriously ask that?
__________________
Far from basic.
soup or man no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 8th, 2006, 04:48 AM   #522
blackhawk08
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 169
Likes (Received): 0

will part 4 be the entire Trade Center or just One WTC?
__________________
"I think pickles are cucumbers that sold out." --Rest in Peace Mitch Hedberg
blackhawk08 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2006, 05:00 AM   #523
fish
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Likes (Received):

As for the old twins, they are gone forever.

The new World Trade Center shall rise and provide the city with modern, dense and tall skyscrapers.
  Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2006, 05:10 AM   #524
Archiconnoisseur
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 427
Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkMantle
lol, most polled americans? i didn't know they could poll most of the nation in under 24 hours.
What I meant was that most Americans preferred reconstructing the Twins to replacing them with a banal collection of mini-me's. Since the previous polls did include massing studies of the current configuration of towers, I don't see any reason why public opinion should change now that the masses have acquired details.

Also, nygirl is engaging in childish personal attacks. I don't know how old she is, but I'd appreciate it if the mods would at least "learn her" not to troll.
Archiconnoisseur no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2006, 05:15 AM   #525
UniversalDiablo
Registered User
 
UniversalDiablo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 99
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygirl
Wow! You guys never cease to amaze me. Nothing will satisfy you but keep nit picking because that's going to make you all feel better about it. To me individually the buildings look great. Mantle is right in that it really isn't a complex anymore but in the end it is filling a void and will look spectacular as a developed cluster of 300+ meter buildings. Some of you are really pathetic and need to know your place in all of this as it really is insignificant entirely as far as lower Manhattan's development is considered. I lost 6 friends and colleagues from 9/11 so forgive me if I am easy to accept and dismiss as this is secondary. The memorial looks great, the towers are fine and you boneheads reallllllly need to come to grips with reality. This is what we are getting and it aint too shabby at all.
GermanTower I am not surprised at all by your dissatisfaction as I see your ny comments as fluff. If these buildings went up in Dubai aside from tower 4, you would be humping the shit out of them. Archonisuer, while most "Americans" might pine over the original twins, guess how much their opinion matters? Zilch. I work for an architecture firm, Rbsd, downtown. I live blocks away from this.. my colleagues and neighbors may have loved or hated the twins but these have gotten great reviews and comments all day. My neighbors ( Non enthusiasts) Love it.

GermanTower: Just a correction... the future does not exist that is why it is called the future, some sheik's greed may exist but it aint the future honey and it won't last.
Congradulations New York City, you look spectacular.
Hey girl, cool it down. We need to know our place? Who the hell are you to tell us what place we should be in? I think the new designs look like a joke; it took 5 years to do this? I think the only reason your ok with this design is because you had to deal with nothing going on at the WTC site for almost half a decade, and now you’re finally happy that they are going to put something up. Also you really need to learn how to spell, and take some anger management classes.
UniversalDiablo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2006, 05:35 AM   #526
xAKxRUSx
Registered User
 
xAKxRUSx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Moscow
Posts: 2,646
Likes (Received): 7021

I only like number 2... and mostly only in the dark. In the light its fine, but in the dark its pretty awesome. The rest... are meh.

Four is just... bad...
xAKxRUSx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2006, 05:42 AM   #527
lbjeffries
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Manhattan
Posts: 150
Likes (Received): 1

This website is a joke. How are you people convincing yourselves that this is anything less than fantastic? Nothing less than bizarre.










Time will prove all of you fools.
lbjeffries no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2006, 06:05 AM   #528
firulais2005
Registered User
 
firulais2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 220
Likes (Received): 1

Over 500 Posts, Whos going to do Part 4?
firulais2005 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2006, 06:11 AM   #529
cincobarrio
Lurker
 
cincobarrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 1,810
Likes (Received): 82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archiconnoisseur
What I meant was that most Americans preferred reconstructing the Twins to replacing them with a banal collection of mini-me's. Since the previous polls did include massing studies of the current configuration of towers, I don't see any reason why public opinion should change now that the masses have acquired details.

Also, nygirl is engaging in childish personal attacks. I don't know how old she is, but I'd appreciate it if the mods would at least "learn her" not to troll.
i'm just being a smart ass. i know what you mean and would really rather have the twins back, over the freedom tower and its friends. i, however, have accepted a long time ago that the twins are not happening, so i'm just happy with the 1000+fters that have been presented to me... especially since i'm consciously comparing all the designs to the original freedom tower joint.
cincobarrio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2006, 06:26 AM   #530
nygirl
Moderator
 
nygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: New York City
Posts: 5,839
Likes (Received): 430

Broken down in detail by little miss last word..

Quote:
Originally Posted by xAKxRUSx
I only like number 2... and mostly only in the dark. In the light its fine, but in the dark its pretty awesome. The rest... are meh.

Four is just... bad...
You know what? You kids are entitled to your half witted opinions. It's hypocracy though. You know you would say otherwise under different circumstances...
To put it kindly and rationally...The problem with those of you who are not satisfied with the outcome of the FINAL designs is more than likely due to the fact that they are innocently enough NOT what you imagined, or expected. That's fine but I can seriously only see one disadvantage to this whole scenario and that is the obvious fact that these buildings are in no clear way similar to one another to farmiliarize them as a "complex", as a "center".
They are tall enough to roof height for me and most, they are not ugly buildings, or UNISPIRED at all (aside for tower 4).
Tower 4 is not an ugly building either, I bet this baby soars and makes a huge impact south of Tower 1 which dwarfs all. Just forget these are going up on your "sacred" trade center site. Imagine them individually built on Beaver Street, or Lexington in the 500's, or Time Square. I know it is a stretch but I guarantee you would all be singing another tune.
These are Very attractive buildings, worthy enough to be built on the island of Manhattan and we get meh?? Meh??? A term of disgust and unappreciation? I can say the same thing about 2 grey boxes that only became iconic after nearly 3,000 people died for them. You people have victimized buildings! LMFAO you that have victimized 2 buildings over nearly 3,000 peoples death daily in this site (that I usually accept as too touchy to concentrate on) should feel really stupid because there is way more to it than most of you who are outta town and even in NYC get.That is unbelievable but tolerated by our more dignified ny forumers.
Now that you've visualized these buildings seperated if you arent a goon looking to just troll the shit out of this development then you would realize the only disadvantage is that it doesn't form an exact identical complex! That it is not what you imagined! That it still is inspired work from "top of the heap" architects who are a weee bit more experienced than you or I.
I envisioned something totally different than this. When I saw them this morning I thought well damn I wasn't expecting that.
Then I looked at them individually and came to the conclusion that these are some handsome, sleek, glassy towers and they all have a different feature that draws me in.

Two is definetly imposing and an oddity but it is significant in it's position on the north east corner of the site. It's new, it's refreshing, and it is definetly attractive.
Three is standoutish. It is less in height than two but it's facade is a lot less gentle and completely throws you off whack when you look at it compared to the others.
Four is modest, less imposing but not ugly, it's less inspired but it has a deep setback and a sleek appearance. It doesn't stand out and it does not impose on the others it is the most modest of the group.
Tower 1 will be Iconic. A beacon for Lower Manhattan. A bold symbol for the apex of modern capitalism that is New York City. Individually YES I accept.
Looking at them together is akward, but( I know it's been said over and over) neither were the twins at first. The people of NY hated them in the 70's. They were thought of as Intruding, brutal, boxes that totally set the spires of old off balance. Later they were beloved as farmiliar soaring downtown towers.
You can't look at them as if it was the twins, they're no longer standing. You'll look at them as what they are and eventually you will all accept it and love them. I apologize for offending anyone.


Quote:
Originally Posted by UniversalDiablo
Hey girl, cool it down. We need to know our place? Who the hell are you to tell us what place we should be in? I think the new designs look like a joke; it took 5 years to do this? I think the only reason your ok with this design is because you had to deal with nothing going on at the WTC site for almost half a decade, and now you’re finally happy that they are going to put something up. Also you really need to learn how to spell, and take some anger management classes.
Ohh I'm sorry. Your a N00b. Let me introduce myself.. my name is nybitch and when I want to say something I do. Got a problem? Ignore button is right there....You can think the new design is a joke. You're probably 14 like the majority of these forums ( Literally). I think your a terrible judge of my character I accept them because they look great! I am very happyyyyyy that they are going up. Kinda evens out the height with Chicago and NYC. Spelling is not a main priority for me here I could care less how it's spelled as long as it comes across the way I want it to which it always does.
Anger Management? I'm not angry at all.
Done with you. Welcome to the forums. Oh and pointing out spelling mistakes is a real dickhead move, may I call you dickhead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by firulais2005
I think its time for PART IV !
Definetly where is Spooky at!

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.m.n.y.
little miss last word strikes again
Damn straight, welcome to the forums.

Cheers everybody.
__________________
Completely attached to New York but completely in love with Chicago.

NAKED NEW YORK: A complete tour of New York City, 5 boroughs and immediate Metro: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2202

Last edited by nygirl; September 8th, 2006 at 06:42 AM.
nygirl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2006, 06:33 AM   #531
lbjeffries
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Manhattan
Posts: 150
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archiconnoisseur
I don't see any reason why public opinion should change now that the masses have acquired details.
You don't see any reason?!? Wow that is some impressive statistical analysis.

But seriously i appreciate it, now I know to ignore everything you say from this point forward. Anyone capable of saying something so ignorant has nothing worthwhile to say to me. Have a nice life!
lbjeffries no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2006, 06:41 AM   #532
cincobarrio
Lurker
 
cincobarrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 1,810
Likes (Received): 82

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygirl
Let me introduce myself.. my name is nybitch and when I want to say something I do.
lol, omg
cincobarrio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2006, 06:42 AM   #533
nygirl
Moderator
 
nygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: New York City
Posts: 5,839
Likes (Received): 430

had to let the noobie know manty pooh.
__________________
Completely attached to New York but completely in love with Chicago.

NAKED NEW YORK: A complete tour of New York City, 5 boroughs and immediate Metro: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2202
nygirl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2006, 07:23 AM   #534
Icanseeformiles
Registered User
 
Icanseeformiles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,251
Likes (Received): 137

reading this thread at work I only have time to scan the rather heated debate on this latest design. How can I put this in a not too contentious manner??...I would have these buildings in my city anytime! they all have their own merrit...but you see...my city ain't New York!...if you get my point. I am so very happy that things are beginning to finally move but if I where a NewYorker I would be very disappointed. It looks like any place anywhere except with a tad more height. I am certain they will be impressive in the flesh but seeing this render makes me really, and finally see what you have lost. ( I am strictly speaking from a skyline point of view and not the horrific human toll ) Come on New York! Do what you do and do what Frank sang about! Make your mark again and give these plans to somewhere in China or Sth east Asia. Do we have to give you a friendly shake around the shoulders to snap you out of it? It doesn't have to be the twins but not this.
Icanseeformiles no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2006, 07:31 AM   #535
xAKxRUSx
Registered User
 
xAKxRUSx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Moscow
Posts: 2,646
Likes (Received): 7021

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygirl
You know what? You kids are entitled to your half witted opinions. It's hypocracy though. You know you would say otherwise under different circumstances...
To put it kindly and rationally...The problem with those of you who are not satisfied with the outcome of the FINAL designs is more than likely due to the fact that they are innocently enough NOT what you imagined, or expected. That's fine but I can seriously only see one disadvantage to this whole scenario and that is the obvious fact that these buildings are in no clear way similar to one another to farmiliarize them as a "complex", as a "center".
They are tall enough to roof height for me and most, they are not ugly buildings, or UNISPIRED at all (aside for tower 4).
Tower 4 is not an ugly building either, I bet this baby soars and makes a huge impact south of Tower 1 which dwarfs all. Just forget these are going up on your "sacred" trade center site. Imagine them individually built on Beaver Street, or Lexington in the 500's, or Time Square. I know it is a stretch but I guarantee you would all be singing another tune.
These are Very attractive buildings, worthy enough to be built on the island of Manhattan and we get meh?? Meh??? A term of disgust and unappreciation? I can say the same thing about 2 grey boxes that only became iconic after nearly 3,000 people died for them. You people have victimized buildings! LMFAO you that have victimized 2 buildings over nearly 3,000 peoples death daily in this site (that I usually accept as too touchy to concentrate on) should feel really stupid because there is way more to it than most of you who are outta town and even in NYC get.That is unbelievable but tolerated by our more dignified ny forumers.
Now that you've visualized these buildings seperated if you arent a goon looking to just troll the shit out of this development then you would realize the only disadvantage is that it doesn't form an exact identical complex! That it is not what you imagined! That it still is inspired work from "top of the heap" architects who are a weee bit more experienced than you or I.
I envisioned something totally different than this. When I saw them this morning I thought well damn I wasn't expecting that.
Then I looked at them individually and came to the conclusion that these are some handsome, sleek, glassy towers and they all have a different feature that draws me in.

Two is definetly imposing and an oddity but it is significant in it's position on the north east corner of the site. It's new, it's refreshing, and it is definetly attractive.
Three is standoutish. It is less in height than two but it's facade is a lot less gentle and completely throws you off whack when you look at it compared to the others.
Four is modest, less imposing but not ugly, it's less inspired but it has a deep setback and a sleek appearance. It doesn't stand out and it does not impose on the others it is the most modest of the group.
Tower 1 will be Iconic. A beacon for Lower Manhattan. A bold symbol for the apex of modern capitalism that is New York City. Individually YES I accept.
Looking at them together is akward, but( I know it's been said over and over) neither were the twins at first. The people of NY hated them in the 70's. They were thought of as Intruding, brutal, boxes that totally set the spires of old off balance. Later they were beloved as farmiliar soaring downtown towers.
You can't look at them as if it was the twins, they're no longer standing. You'll look at them as what they are and eventually you will all accept it and love them. I apologize for offending anyone.




Ohh I'm sorry. Your a N00b. Let me introduce myself.. my name is nybitch and when I want to say something I do. Got a problem? Ignore button is right there....You can think the new design is a joke. You're probably 14 like the majority of these forums ( Literally). I think your a terrible judge of my character I accept them because they look great! I am very happyyyyyy that they are going up. Kinda evens out the height with Chicago and NYC. Spelling is not a main priority for me here I could care less how it's spelled as long as it comes across the way I want it to which it always does.
Anger Management? I'm not angry at all.
Done with you. Welcome to the forums. Oh and pointing out spelling mistakes is a real dickhead move, may I call you dickhead?

Definetly where is Spooky at!



Damn straight, welcome to the forums.

Cheers everybody.

1. Wow, you are one angry person.
2. You are very one sided.
3. "Meh" isn't disgust... meh is indiffirence. Yuck is digust.
4. I don't want the old ones to be rebuilt. I couldn't care less.
5. I am not victimizing buildings either.
6. I was just stating my opinion on the design.
7. I like 2. I don't like 4 because its boring and I think very bland. 1 is ok... but not a big fan. Not a big fan of 3 either.
8. You just can't stand different opinions, can you? Everyone has to agree with you... is that the way it is "nybitch" ?
9. Take the tampon out of your ass.
xAKxRUSx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2006, 07:35 AM   #536
cincobarrio
Lurker
 
cincobarrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 1,810
Likes (Received): 82

you're gonna get angerized at =|
cincobarrio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2006, 07:36 AM   #537
UniversalDiablo
Registered User
 
UniversalDiablo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 99
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygirl
Ohh I'm sorry. Your a N00b. Let me introduce myself.. my name is nybitch and when I want to say something I do. Got a problem? Ignore button is right there....You can think the new design is a joke. You're probably 14 like the majority of these forums ( Literally). I think your a terrible judge of my character I accept them because they look great! I am very happyyyyyy that they are going up. Kinda evens out the height with Chicago and NYC. Spelling is not a main priority for me here I could care less how it's spelled as long as it comes across the way I want it to which it always does.
Anger Management? I'm not angry at all.
Done with you. Welcome to the forums. Oh and pointing out spelling mistakes is a real dickhead move, may I call you dickhead?

Wow I am a noob, that doesnt mean anything. I really don't care what your name is, and yes I do think the new design is bad but it's your city so I don't really care. Also I'm 18 unlike the majority of these forums. May I ask how old you are? Thanks for the welcome. Later
UniversalDiablo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2006, 07:40 AM   #538
nygirl
Moderator
 
nygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: New York City
Posts: 5,839
Likes (Received): 430

few weeks tops, I think the mods are going to be getting alot more quick with the banning as the majority of u noobs are trolls lately. Payce!
__________________
Completely attached to New York but completely in love with Chicago.

NAKED NEW YORK: A complete tour of New York City, 5 boroughs and immediate Metro: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2202
nygirl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2006, 07:43 AM   #539
nygirl
Moderator
 
nygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: New York City
Posts: 5,839
Likes (Received): 430

Quote:
Originally Posted by xAKxRUSx
1. Wow, you are one angry person.
2. You are very one sided.
3. "Meh" isn't disgust... meh is indiffirence. Yuck is digust.
4. I don't want the old ones to be rebuilt. I couldn't care less.
5. I am not victimizing buildings either.
6. I was just stating my opinion on the design.
7. I like 2. I don't like 4 because its boring and I think very bland. 1 is ok... but not a big fan. Not a big fan of 3 either.
8. You just can't stand different opinions, can you? Everyone has to agree with you... is that the way it is "nybitch" ?
9. Take the tampon out of your ass.

1. Not one sided at all.
2. Ok
3. Stupendous
4. Amazing
5. That was a general statement.
6. Sweet!
7. U don't say?
8. Not when they're from a bunch of knuckleheads
9. Go **** yourself, with a knife, mmmmmm yum.. And no u cannot call me bitch, k bitch?
__________________
Completely attached to New York but completely in love with Chicago.

NAKED NEW YORK: A complete tour of New York City, 5 boroughs and immediate Metro: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2202
nygirl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2006, 07:49 AM   #540
xAKxRUSx
Registered User
 
xAKxRUSx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Moscow
Posts: 2,646
Likes (Received): 7021

Nah, I think I'll stick with calling you "bitch," bitch!
It's ok, bitch, different opinions exist, just go sit in the corner, watch some TV and kill off your last brain cell...

Bye bye bitch.
xAKxRUSx no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu