daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 8th, 2006, 07:51 AM   #541
nygirl

Likes (Received): 430

That's ur advice? Lmfao wow, kill my braincells???
Here's my advice for u ...

Threads past 500 anyways. Time for a lock and a new thread.

NAKED NEW YORK: A complete tour of New York City, 5 boroughs and immediate Metro: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2202
nygirl no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 8th, 2006, 07:51 AM   #542
SNT1

Likes (Received): 12

sooo. any prog pics of 1WTC? <.<
SNT1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2006, 01:12 PM   #543
Newcastle Guy

Likes (Received): 317

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archiconnoisseur
What I meant was that most Americans preferred reconstructing the Twins to replacing them with a banal collection of mini-me's.
Sorry if you disagree, but the new towers are MUCH beter than the old towers. They are elegant and gracefull, yet retain a sense of power at the the same time. The old towers were big, but weren't very inspiring at all other than the height. These are inspiring, for height AND design.
Newcastle Guy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2006, 04:14 PM   #544
Archiconnoisseur

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbjeffries
You don't see any reason?!? Wow that is some impressive statistical analysis.

But seriously i appreciate it, now I know to ignore everything you say from this point forward. Anyone capable of saying something so ignorant has nothing worthwhile to say to me. Have a nice life!
Cry me a river, you drama queen. All you've done in this and another thread is make personal attacks, much like nygirl, so I'm grateful that you'll be ignoring my future posts. Not that you will. If you don't know how to argue rationally, without resorting to ad hominem, then don't argue at all. Better yet, move to North Korea or some Islamocratic country where people are made to think one way.

Pelli's WFC was cohesive; these buildings are not. The reason they are not is pretty obvious: making them cohesive would make them appear more significant, thereby turning them into a fetish for Islamic loons. The buildings aren't technically shabby, but they're deliberately designed to blend in with Downtown. Contrast these with the Burj Dubai, the Shanghai Financial Center, the Moscow Federation building, etc. which are all designed to stick out from the skyline. The subtext for me is that the new design is cowardly.

I agree with NewYorkMantle that these buildings are much better than most of what was proposed before, and it's a small consolation for me that the ones who proposed leaving a big pit in the ground have failed in their endeavors.

Last edited by Archiconnoisseur; September 8th, 2006 at 04:19 PM.
Archiconnoisseur no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2006, 04:40 PM   #545
Mikey
Aerial Erector

Likes (Received): 9

WTC 4 is quite bland, the other two look great
Old September 9th, 2006, 02:01 AM   #546
SkyscraperJunky
Ever Upward!

Likes (Received): 1

Maki's tower will not be bland. The renderings don't do it justice, he stated that himself (I think). Take a look at Maki's Tower on www.wtc.com and they explained all the detail that will go into this buildings facade. But I do agree on one thing - the rendering for this tower doesn't do justice to what we'll eventually see.
SkyscraperJunky no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2006, 09:42 PM   #547
firulais2005

Likes (Received): 1

TIME FOR PART 4
firulais2005 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2006, 01:59 AM   #548
Spooky873
BANNED

Likes (Received): 64

already? ****. i guess we know what the real ****** topic of interest is around here. we'll be at 20 threads by the time we see steel. someone else do it im busy, but make sure its entitled ONE WORLD TRADE CENTER. leave your freedom tower bullshit for your bedtime stories.
Spooky873 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2006, 02:26 AM   #549
germantower
i ♥ NY

Likes (Received): 1155

Spooky i really like you because you also hate the name FT:This one will never be called FT this is still the trade center and so this building should also be called 1WTC and bnot FT!