daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 11th, 2006, 04:21 AM   #61
Spooky873
BANNED

Likes (Received): 64

sorry but the WTC site is considered ONE site.

the mall or the burj, although very big, doesnt match up to $12 billion dollars worth of construction for a 16 acre site.

This will all be under construction simultaneously.....

Spooky873 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 11th, 2006, 04:26 AM   #62
Spooky873
BANNED

how much more does the 'typical American' have to say, in order for you to realize it?

Do you realize there are 6 towers in all, 1 already built, 1 u/c, and designs coming out next month for the remaining 4, a memorial (footprints of the old WTC), a museum, and a permanent PATH station. Everything will be u/c at the same time.

The WTC site is more than just the two towers.
Old August 11th, 2006, 04:28 AM   #63
Spooky873
BANNED

4 possibly 5 buildings will be u/c at the same time, either well over 1,000 feet or just under.
Old August 11th, 2006, 04:34 AM   #64
VelesHomais

Likes (Received): 5029

I'm not a big fan of the design. They could've done a more impressive job.
VelesHomais no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2006, 04:37 AM   #65
Spooky873
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygirl
I really hope none of the Americans here buy into this "typical-American" depracation because it generally comes from those that are bitter and smug. There is no typical American. What a load of horse - SHITE. We battle eachother, a nation of 200+ million people and we are all typical? There is so much hate for this nation I don't even think it matters if it's an administration these people really do hate us. How could so many people from democratic free loving nations not agree with overtrowing a totalitarian dictator, who happened to kill thousands of his own people, dismantling the government and bringing back to life a nation of brainwashed and terrified people. The best answer to that question is, because it's the Americans.
Is that the typical American? What a terrible way to think. I won't ruin this thread any longer and I apologize if you just wanted to see an update but I'll be the only one here who sticks up for us when some shmuck uses the phrase Typical Americans.
No I just declared something they fail to comply with. With all the high rise activity going on internationally, as an American its deemed a ****** 'cardinal sin' to take pride in your city? or building sites? automatically now others are better? - supposedly. Are people really that angry with our government (which I didnt put in mind you) or our country that they have to pounce on us, sometimes even for the sake of just pouncing, like they were waiting in the wings or some shit to come out and say that.

'A country gets a supertall and instantly, bam, nothing compares!'

We cant be bigots about it now, only they can, right?

Last edited by Spooky873; August 11th, 2006 at 05:08 AM.
Old August 11th, 2006, 04:40 AM   #66
Spooky873
BANNED

They should be more credible with their accusations, and I guess they really just dont know how much of a loss the WTC was economically. It was only a matter of time til some shmuck instantly misunderstood, and put up a pic of the Burj Dubai.

the WTC site contained as much office space as the city of Cincinnati, Ohio.

I highly ****** doubt the Burj Dubai as large as it is, is going to do for Dubai, what the WTC did, and will do for New York City, besides giving skyscraper fanatics a ****** hard-on in an airplane.

Last edited by Spooky873; August 11th, 2006 at 05:11 AM.
Old August 11th, 2006, 05:03 AM   #67
Spooky873
BANNED

a years old design, but good enough to give you an idea of the size. As for economic might thats a different story.

Last edited by Spooky873; August 11th, 2006 at 05:09 AM.
Old August 11th, 2006, 05:11 AM   #68
erm1981

Likes (Received): 0

I got a chance to come to new york to visit with my girlfriends grandparents that live in albany. We took a tour bus down to new york city and the place is frightening it is so big. I from down south around greenville south carolina just to let you know. The country/city of Dubai will never reach the density that new york city has. It is a unique place of its own. I thought it was interesting how close newark is to new york city when you are facing them from ellis island. Oh yeah and f*** all those muslim extremist over there that want "death to america". There are too many bleeding hearts in this country. Iran and syria deserved to be wiped off the map if they keep sponsoring terrorism. Israel might do that if they get pissed off enough. Burj Dubai will not look that great without some other really big towers around it. Kind of like Taipai101 does in taiwan all by itself. Go new york city.....!
erm1981 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2006, 05:18 AM   #69
Spooky873
BANNED

im glad you liked the city, but dont overdo the political shit here (most of which i disagree with anyway), were only debating here about the WTC site, and its size. go to citytalk or something.

It seems that I, a 'typical American' need to educate the intl forumers with already ****ed up predisposed views, about the WTC.
Old August 11th, 2006, 05:21 AM   #70
cincobarrio
Lurker

Likes (Received): 82

all i have to say is... **** the burj dubai (in this thread). the building has it's own thread, see your way over to it if you have anything to say about it.
cincobarrio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2006, 05:21 AM   #71
Spooky873
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sy

I think the site of the Burj has a 'tad' more activity going on and the WTC site will never compare in activity...
well then you sir, are a sadly mistaken, and misinformed individual...

just a 'tad'.

Old August 11th, 2006, 05:24 AM   #72
erm1981

yeah well the path is going that way anyway for the middle-east with the war so its no lie. I liked new york city but one day was not enough to do any kind of looking around. I would at least like a week, but that still probably wouldnt be enough. Times square was very interesting. I like the toy r us ferris wheel. That thing was huge :-). Im just not used to that many people being in one place. I wouldnt really worry about trying to educate people about anything. IF they cant understand it its there loss anyway. Im sure it will all be great and will be the envy of the united states when it is built. I think everyone should be able to see new york city though as it is definetly a unique experience. The statue of liberty is great, and so is ellis island.

goodnight east coast,
Evan
erm1981 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2006, 05:24 AM   #73
Ebola
BANNED

Likes (Received): 94

Enough steel will be needed to build the ESB six times over and 34 tower cranes will be needed at the site.
Ebola no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2006, 05:27 AM   #74
Spooky873
BANNED

^ thank you for the support, we need more NYers around here.
Old August 11th, 2006, 05:32 AM   #75
Spooky873
BANNED

more more moooorrrrre.

Old August 11th, 2006, 05:39 AM   #76
blackhawk08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky873
^ thank you for the support, we need more NYers around here.
I'm from Chicago, will that do?
Old August 11th, 2006, 05:54 AM   #77
nygirl

Likes (Received): 430

hell yeah, we love you guys.

NAKED NEW YORK: A complete tour of New York City, 5 boroughs and immediate Metro: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2202
nygirl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2006, 05:58 AM   #78
TowerPower
Ashld-biggest little city

Likes (Received): 1

I just visited the site the other day and I must say not much has happened there over the past two years. I could see them digging trenches though to begin piling, which is encouraging. Visiting the Empire State Building reminded me just how massive it is, and how much it dwarfs the other buildings in New York. It will good to see a new building take the title again. The ESB also recaled the glory days of skyscrapers in NY. It's hard to fathom the speed of construction back then.

NY is different today than it was then though, and I wonder whether they can still get things done like they used to. I really doubt that all the buildings will come up simultaneously, especially seeing as their all going to have their own special designs etc. Hopefully NY will prove me wrong as it has for others in the past.

Oh, and comparing it to Dubai is indeed not a good idea. The circumatances surrounding each are very different.
Old August 11th, 2006, 06:37 AM   #79
Reinsdorf Sucks
Seven Costanza

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad
Dispatch from Ground Zero

Architectural Record : August 10, 2006
It still looks like they have things to tear down. And how are they going to fill all that in! (besides with buildings)
Reinsdorf Sucks no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2006, 07:25 AM   #80
sfenn1117

Likes (Received): 1

Spook, most of the int'l people have no respect for NY. Dubai is building big things, hey that's great, NY has been doing that for over a century. I mean, just show respect to the motherland of all things tall in the world. That's all I ask. With Dubai, The entire city is under construction, so it's not a big deal. When a project of this scope is under construction in NY, surronded by a real city, it makes for big news. We just need to ignore the trolls that can't even speak english.

Anyways, in a few years when steel is up for all 5 towers, AND Goldman Sachs, and there's more cranes than buildings in the skyline, maybe they will get the hint.
sfenn1117 no está en línea   Reply With Quote