daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 11th, 2006, 05:32 PM   #101
Sy
Bada Bing!

Likes (Received): 153

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York Yankee
But yes. It will have a concrete core. Look to this plan. (It's the ground floor plan)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...dFloorPlan.jpg

The walls on the core are from reinforced concrete, which can hold the force when a Airbus A380 with full load and full power would fly into it.
The glass facade (by the doors) are made out of more layers bulled/bombing proof glass.
At each corner will be 1 staircase.
(in the plan, left below,) are the escavators from the underground mall, parking garage and the access ways to the path stations and other buildings.

This will be the most secured and safest highrise building in the whole world
Good to see that it has a concrete core. I'm amazed that so little of NY's buildings are concrete cored. I heard it was due to the Mafia having a stranglehold on the concrete industry in the past. Are there staircases in the centre or are they all round the edge?
Sy no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 11th, 2006, 05:42 PM   #102
sightlessgod
хаос = порядок

Likes (Received): 1

This design is very dissapointing,.
Old August 11th, 2006, 05:44 PM   #103
Jamandell (d69)
Skyscraperholic

Likes (Received): 228

For goodness sakes people, Dubai is great, the WTC is great. Both are brilliant places with brilliant designs. Don't go on about it arguing, what's the point? Let this topic be about the Freedom Tower, you shouldn't have to argue about who's better here, they're both great.
Don't wanna see any slaggin' please.
Jamandell (d69) no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2006, 08:52 PM   #104
Spooky873
BANNED

Likes (Received): 64

Sy, I dont know why youre so uptight about it, but until you can prove otherwise that no other site will be as active as the WTC site, then my statement stands, and it stands with alot of people. Youre fixated on this Burj Dubai shit, what, cause its half a mile tall? Get some facts, get some numbers, youll learn that the WTC site will have more activity over the next 6 years than any building site in the world. You already have 1 tower built, youre gonna have 5 more towers u/c hovering around 1,000 feet or well over, not to mention a permanent PATH station, a museum, and a memorial.

The block with the two tower footprints is hardly getting anything on it if you notice.
Spooky873 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2006, 09:02 PM   #105
Spooky873
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threehundred
I like you Spooky.
Since NYC is highly under represented on this site, im trying to educate people on certain projects going on, the WTC site being one. If you notice the amount of traffic these 1WTC threads get, youd see it has quite a bit more than most other threads, so obviously people care.

Some ******* comes in and tries to tell me otherwise? It was only a matter of time til some poor prick came in with a picture of the Burj Dubai after my statement, and I expected it. The WTC site is still one of the biggest and most important sites to a city in the world, no question. Some seem to think im overdoing its importance, but im only giving credit where credit is due. Then I get the accusations of being a typical American, in what sense? Whether I live in city A or town X, or New York City, it doesnt really matter, ill say whats goin on in my town, and let people know the deal. So drop the anti New York anti American shit. If he really wanted his ass to get chewed he'd head over to wirednewyork, where he wouldnt last a minute.

So I stand by my claim, after reading and reading and reading up on this site, its been noted, ive read that $12-15 billion dollars worth are being run through this site over the next 6 years to revitalize it, and the amount of activity will be most on a site in the world, even their oh so precious 'superduperultramegatall' does not amount to the same numbers. Am I being a bigot about it? or am I trying to provide people with a simple general idea of the whole damn thing....

Last edited by Spooky873; August 11th, 2006 at 09:08 PM.
Old August 11th, 2006, 09:10 PM   #106
Spooky873
BANNED

Ya know, theres alot of activity going on around the world, but **** people, NYC is still around.
Old August 11th, 2006, 09:21 PM   #107
TowerPower
Ashld-biggest little city

Likes (Received): 1

Money, yes. Activity, no.
Old August 11th, 2006, 09:34 PM   #108
ch1le
always on

Likes (Received): 202

your just sad Spooky, really, just damn drop it, your ignorant, instead of telling others to PROVE something, how about you prove it yourself? You were the first (IIRC) to say its the THE.
ch1le no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2006, 09:40 PM   #109
Spooky873
BANNED

ok give me some time ill be back. i have to go to WNY to fish out articles i read last year from the WTC development thread, supporting my claim folks. is there only 3 of you who need to told otherwise or is there more?
Old August 11th, 2006, 09:45 PM   #110
Spooky873
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch1le
your just sad Spooky, really, just damn drop it, your ignorant, instead of telling others to PROVE something, how about you prove it yourself? You were the first (IIRC) to say its the THE.
so while im researching, why dont you? you honestly think this is something that I come up with when im taking a shit? Ive read on it to support it, and im just relaying the info. Besides, you mustve been interested or curious about this site if youre making posts in its thread. Do you read? have you learned anything? or did you skip to the last post and comment oblivious to all information. Am I denying Burj Dubais size? No, but im letting people know theres bigger projects out there, this being one.
Old August 11th, 2006, 10:00 PM   #111
Reinsdorf Sucks
Seven Costanza

Likes (Received): 4

could you specify what WNY is. id like to check it out.
Reinsdorf Sucks no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2006, 10:03 PM   #112
Spooky873
BANNED

www.wirednewyork.com
Old August 11th, 2006, 10:05 PM   #113
Spooky873
BANNED

a render looking a bit southeast.

Old August 11th, 2006, 10:15 PM   #114
blackhawk08

Likes (Received): 0

nice render, hey everyone go to the webcam, look where the new 1WTC will be, you can see these weird orange beams, what are they, anyone know?
Old August 11th, 2006, 10:16 PM   #115
New York Yankee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamandell (d69)
For goodness sakes people, Dubai is great, the WTC is great. Both are brilliant places with brilliant designs. Don't go on about it arguing, what's the point? Let this topic be about the Freedom Tower, you shouldn't have to argue about who's better here, they're both great.
Don't wanna see any slaggin' please.
This is what i said all the time.
New York Yankee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2006, 10:17 PM   #116
Spooky873
BANNED

as i look for specific quotes and articles, im coming across awesome renders and maps. heres another..

Old August 11th, 2006, 10:17 PM   #117
Spooky873
BANNED

Old August 11th, 2006, 10:19 PM   #118
Spooky873
BANNED

does anyone know that the land the World Financial Center sits on is actually man-made?

The complex was built by Olympia and York between 1985 and 1988 on landfill used to build Battery Park City. It was designed by César Pelli. The fill material is made up of dirt excavated during the building of the World Trade Center, as well as garbage, dirt and debris.

Last edited by Spooky873; August 11th, 2006 at 10:31 PM.
Old August 11th, 2006, 10:19 PM   #119
New York Yankee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky873
Sy, I dont know why youre so uptight about it, but until you can prove otherwise that no other site will be as active as the WTC site, then my statement stands, and it stands with alot of people. Youre fixated on this Burj Dubai shit, what, cause its half a mile tall? Get some facts, get some numbers, youll learn that the WTC site will have more activity over the next 6 years than any building site in the world. You already have 1 tower built, youre gonna have 5 more towers u/c hovering around 1,000 feet or well over, not to mention a permanent PATH station, a museum, and a memorial.

The block with the two tower footprints is hardly getting anything on it if you notice.
You're right.

Burj Dubai complex is another story. one 1000+ footer, and that's it.
WTC complex, 1 complete, 4 towers of 1000+ and 1 supertall.
Old August 11th, 2006, 10:22 PM   #120
New York Yankee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky873
Ya know, theres alot of activity going on around the world, but **** people, NYC is still around.
I like you too spooky