daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Skyscrapers

Skyscrapers General news, discussion and announcement forum about skyscrapers, including the Skyscraper Living forum

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: Pick which one you would like to see built
Twin Towers II 418 60.06%
Freedom Tower 278 39.94%
Voters: 696. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 5th, 2011, 09:48 PM   #241
600West218

Likes (Received): 1574

The old twins were great and really dominated the skyline. Moreover, they were imposing. Standing between them and looking up you would be in awe of their size and power.

Sadly WTC 1 doesn't recapture that feeling as it is simply too small.

Definitely a loss for NYC in my opinion
600West218 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 14th, 2011, 10:54 AM   #242
Informative

Likes (Received): 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600West218 View Post
The old twins were great and really dominated the skyline. Moreover, they were imposing. Standing between them and looking up you would be in awe of their size and power.

Sadly WTC 1 doesn't recapture that feeling as it is simply too small.

Definitely a loss for NYC in my opinion
The new WTC reaches the same height as the Tallest Original WTC?. The new WTC's Spire however is much larger making it even taller.
Informative no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2011, 11:27 AM   #243
Ribarca

Likes (Received): 3270

An easy one. I don't like the design of the Freedom tower. While the twin towers were an icon.

Hong Kong by Xavibarca, www.xavibarca.com
Ribarca no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2011, 12:15 PM   #244
jabroni

Likes (Received): 3

Freedom Tower. Move forward. Plus, I didn't like the twin towers. I hated and avoided that area before September 11th. I think the new complex will be much better than what was there before.
jabroni no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2011, 05:46 PM   #245
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

I voted for Twin Towers 2 because I think that except for the absence of a concrete bunker base like the one on 1WTC they were perfect. There's nothing more to say about them, in every aspect (other than the one I mentioned) they were perfect. They were taller than the old Twins they brought back the Twin's domination to the skyline and they were the ultimate sign of strength and victory. I like both the new and the old Twins far more than the new complex. The new complex is beautiful and I like it very much, however I still think it is vastly inferior to Twin Towers 2. 1WTC was meant to be only the same height as the original 1WTC, luckily thanks to an error it became 1 meter taller, 2WTC is far smaller than the old 2WTC and 3WTC and 4WTC mean very little because they are too small to be of any signifficance to the skyline. The height of the new WTC is a joke It's design is very good but by far not as good as Twin Towers 2
Old November 14th, 2011, 11:13 PM   #246
azn_man12345

Likes (Received): 114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
I voted for Twin Towers 2 because I think that except for the absence of a concrete bunker base like the one on 1WTC they were perfect. There's nothing more to say about them, in every aspect (other than the one I mentioned) they were perfect. They were taller than the old Twins they brought back the Twin's domination to the skyline and they were the ultimate sign of strength and victory. I like both the new and the old Twins far more than the new complex. The new complex is beautiful and I like it very much, however I still think it is vastly inferior to Twin Towers 2. 1WTC was meant to be only the same height as the original 1WTC, luckily thanks to an error it became 1 meter taller, 2WTC is far smaller than the old 2WTC and 3WTC and 4WTC mean very little because they are too small to be of any signifficance to the skyline. The height of the new WTC is a joke It's design is very good but by far not as good as Twin Towers 2
ITP: Height=All that matters
azn_man12345 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2011, 11:27 PM   #247
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

I have never said that only height matters. I have only stated that height is one of the things that matter
Old November 16th, 2011, 09:37 AM   #248
freeksregistration

Likes (Received): 14

freedom tower! ( the wtc complex was a urban nightmare)
Old January 22nd, 2014, 11:40 PM   #249
Jan
High there, what's up!

Likes (Received): 15842

The old twin towers were a symbol of Modernism at its prime. One World Trade Center is a symbol of blandness. I honestly don't know which one is best or worst. If you take out all of the symbolism that surrounds these two, not much is to be liked about them both, really.
Jan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2014, 11:50 PM   #250
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twintowers2 View Post
twin towers all day the freedumb tower is ainsult to the ingenuity of the old one and i personally agree with having a superblock a real public space without crossing hazzardous streets and the twins will always be #1
Yeah, the superblock idea is underrated. It was more of a public area than a 'complex ground'
ThatOneGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote