daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 13th, 2006, 07:44 AM   #1
CrazyCanuck
MOD SQUAD

Likes (Received): 28

I apologize

On behalf of all T.O. section forumers I apologize for Torontolovers behaviour. It is unexceptable and will be dealt with shortly I promise.
CrazyCanuck no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 13th, 2006, 07:52 AM   #2
neilio
lolwut

Likes (Received): 34

Thankyou CrazyCanuck
I wish i knew why Toronto is getting so many trolls lately...wtf is going on?!
I mean is this a bunch of people or just one person who has no life and severe mental degeneration?
We need a T.O Moderator NOW.
Old August 13th, 2006, 07:58 AM   #3
valantino
The Greatest

Likes (Received): 4

Why?

Since when are Toronto-based members responsible for the actions of all others from our great city who happen upon the site

And if (and I mean if) there is someone bearing some responsibity for his lastest rampage in the world forum , look no further then SSC itself which has already banned him 3 times in the last 2 days - not to mention the busy Toronto section is still without an active moderator for the last 3 to 4 months

P.S. and I repeat - GROW SOME BALLS
Old August 13th, 2006, 08:07 AM   #4
krull
In Time

Likes (Received): 58

I think that Torontolovers is not just a troll but he is also retarded. He seem crazy to me. Those threads he starts doesn't make any sense at all.
krull no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2006, 08:13 AM   #5
CrazyCanuck
MOD SQUAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by valantino
Why?

Since when are Toronto-based members responsible for the actions of all others from our great city who happen upon the site

And if (and I mean if) there is someone bearing some responsibity for his lastest rampage in the world forum , look no further then SSC itself which has already banned him 3 times in the last 2 days - not to mention the busy Toronto section is still without an active moderator for the last 3 to 4 months

I have some already thank you.

I'm sorry to say though that it is the moderator of the T.O's section job to keep in check a person who belongs to the forum as not to embarrass the rest of the forumers. There are exceptions that I will let go but this had already happened in the T.O. section and should not have happened here in the first place.
CrazyCanuck no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2006, 08:19 AM   #6
neilio
lolwut

Quote:
Originally Posted by valantino
Why?

I understand your point of view totaly Valantino and almost posted the same thing myself but at the same time i believe it will be better to take a more humble aproach to the situation as we dont know the effect on the minds of others concerning Toronto forumers that this one Troll is having, ive already heard to many non toronto forumers accuse us of being this and that and by being humble you CANT go wrong unfair or not.
Old August 13th, 2006, 10:56 AM   #7
valantino
The Greatest

Quote:
I'm sorry to say though that it is the moderator of the T.O's section job to keep in check a person who belongs to the forum as not to embarrass the rest of the forumers.
you may want to upgrade your set

Quote:
There are exceptions that I will let go but this had already happened in the T.O. section and should not have happened here in the first place.
What you're suggesting makes absolutely no sense considering the sub-section is not self-administered

personally, I find this thread topic shares many things in common to Torontolover's rampage and the city/country in general ... the desparate need for encouragement/attention
Old August 13th, 2006, 11:02 AM   #8
valantino
The Greatest

"ive already heard to many non toronto forumers accuse us of being this and that and by being humble you CANT go wrong unfair or not."

the meek will inherit the earth, eh?

bullshit!

Old August 13th, 2006, 04:15 PM   #9
Canadian Chocho

I already said sorry but I guess making a whole thread about it would get more attention.

1 2 3
Canadian Chocho no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2006, 12:29 AM   #10
huit

Likes (Received): 183

I, too believe that the Canadian forumers owe apology to no one! They're obviously not to be blamed if some jerk goes berzerk and claims to be from Toronto! Anyhow, it was still a nice gesture from the thread starter.
huit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2006, 12:36 AM   #11
Skybean
天豆

Likes (Received): 271

Well since this thread is at the top of the heap, I guess I should say that I don't think you should need to apologize for Torontolover (but your actions were well intentioned, CrazyCanuck). He doesn't represent Torontonians at all. His actions were not the fault of any of the regular Toronto forumers. I think most logical people on SSC understand this.

This is a large forum, and we should just realize that there are trolls everywhere and accept that things like this might happen from time to time.
Old August 14th, 2006, 05:24 PM   #12
Marcanadian

Likes (Received): 2584

We don't even know for sure whether he is from Toronto or not.
Old August 14th, 2006, 09:10 PM   #13
neilio
lolwut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcanadian
We don't even know for sure whether he is from Toronto or not.
Im betting hes yahoodee!!! eek
Old August 15th, 2006, 02:03 AM   #14
mikep

Likes (Received): 1

Im sure it will all be back to normal on September 4? since that is back to school day for elementary schools across Canada. He is just one of those 13 year old computer geeks waiting to hit puberty and has nothing to do, no friends to play with, parents at work etc. Just hang in there for a few more weeks!
mikep no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2006, 04:30 AM   #15
Canadian Chocho

Great, I don't get any "thank you"s!

1 2 3
Canadian Chocho no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2006, 08:34 AM   #16
MexAmericanMoose
Screwston, Texas

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikep
Im sure it will all be back to normal on September 4? since that is back to school day for elementary schools across Canada. He is just one of those 13 year old computer geeks waiting to hit puberty and has nothing to do, no friends to play with, parents at work etc. Just hang in there for a few more weeks!
lol...so funny it is probably true