daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 15th, 2006, 03:38 AM   #21
doormanpoet

Likes (Received): 0

Although there are many American companies involved in this project, how is the Anti-American setiment over in Dubia? Who is actually funding this project with money from Middle Eastern oil addicted Americans and Europeans? Hezbollah? Hamas? AlQueda ?

Why would British Petroleum start buying Middle Eastern oil again?

Would projects like these even be possible without American oil interests in the region? It is time Americans stop buying foreign oil and use our oil reserves in the United States!

Its time Americans stop funding ego laden projects like these and spend that money in America! 14 Saudi Arabian's flew planes into the World Trade Center, these Saudi's came from Dubai!

It is time for the Anti American rhetoric to be challenged on this site. I am not saying I agree with George Bush, but I am saying that much of this growth in Dubia is part of global terrorism and I wish the Americans, Asians, and Europeans on this site would realize that these Saudi's are targeting you! They are making money off of you buying their oil and then using some of that money to fund terrorists that bomb the World Trade Center, Madrid, London, and other democratic and non-muslim nations!

I must say, stop worshipping this tower and realize that it is being built with proceeds from terrorism. Americans have coddled Saudi Arabia for too long, it is time we cut and run! Boycott this tower by boycotting Middle Eastern oil now!

This tower is simply a giant "**** you" to Americans and non muslim nations!
doormanpoet no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 15th, 2006, 03:45 AM   #22
harsh1802
MAVerick

Likes (Received): 101

It's rising.......IT'S RISING..............

Webcams Thread / Hyderabad Cityscapes

"We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." - Richard Dawkins
harsh1802 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2006, 03:47 AM   #23
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

Likes (Received): 3663

Getting enormous!!!

-Imate pravo da ćutite, sve što budete rekli može i biće upotrebljeno protiv vas na forumu

You know you love me. XOXO.
Chad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2006, 06:21 AM   #24
Oriolus
OzScrapers Moderator

Likes (Received): 1533

At it's current height of 241m Burj Dubai would slot in at 116th tallest building in the world (completed). Which means it has 115 other buildings to over take before it eclipses Taipei 101 and becomes the world's tallest building!!!

Another thing I just noticed - Burj Dubai is currently that same height as the Woolworth Building which became the world's tallest building 93 years ago. And BD isn't even a third of the way up!!

Visit me on flickr
Oriolus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2006, 07:30 AM   #25
CULWULLA

Likes (Received): 10144

^yeah great stats. its goning to break so many records. not just skyscraper, but structural and engineering records. not since Chysler and Empire state, that a skyscraper is going to be worlds tallest structure!

Also another record? Is Burj Dubai the tallest bldg to still not to be clad at 64 storeys??

Last edited by CULWULLA; August 15th, 2006 at 07:35 AM.
CULWULLA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2006, 07:53 AM   #26
moxwax

Likes (Received): 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by CULWULLA
Also another record? Is Burj Dubai the tallest bldg to still not to be clad at 64 storeys??
Nope... Ryugyong Hotel IN Pyongyang... over 300m and still not clad.
moxwax no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2006, 09:18 AM   #27
CULWULLA

Likes (Received): 10144

are you sure it was supposed to be clad? i just thought it was to be painted concrete?
Old August 15th, 2006, 10:15 AM   #28
k.03

Quote:
Originally Posted by doormanpoet
Although there are many American companies involved in this project, how is the Anti-American setiment over in Dubia? Who is actually funding this project with money from Middle Eastern oil addicted Americans and Europeans? Hezbollah? Hamas? AlQueda ?

Would projects like these even be possible without American oil interests in the region? It is time Americans stop buying foreign oil and use our oil reserves in the United States!

Its time Americans stop funding ego laden projects like these and spend that money in America! 14 Saudi Arabian's flew planes into the World Trade Center, these Saudi's came from Dubai!

It is time for the Anti American rhetoric to be challenged on this site. I am not saying I agree with George Bush, but I am saying that much of this growth in Dubia is part of global terrorism and I wish the Americans, Asians, and Europeans on this site would realize that these Saudi's are targeting you! They are making money off of you buying their oil and then using some of that money to fund terrorists that bomb the World Trade Center, Madrid, London, and other democratic and non-muslim nations!

I must say, stop worshipping this tower and realize that it is being built with proceeds from terrorism. Americans have coddled Saudi Arabia for too long, it is time we cut and run! Boycott this tower by boycotting Middle Eastern oil now!

Is this a joke? You obviously have no understanding of how Dubai is financed.
k.03 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2006, 10:35 AM   #29
nezzybaby
Look at my shiny ball

Likes (Received): 2858

Quote:

where to start where to start

How about here, get a ******* grip mate, America is not the centre of the world, the economy of other countries does not depend on America. There is a massive worldwide market for oil, and dubai has been producing it for years. However now the oil is running out they are trying to make something of their city, and are investing vast sums of THEIR money in such projects.

There is not an anti american sentiment in dubai, if anything they embrace western culture like no other middle eastern country. Dubai is exactly the kind of country that will help us reunite our differences with the muslim world after Bush has finished his campaign of world domination.

Do you want the world to be at war, the comments above have to be the least constructive things ever said on this website. How can you say the growth in dubai is down to global terrorism??? theres a chance that dubai is less of a target as its primarily a muslim target, but that doesnt mean they activly support terrorism.

This tower is a big hello to tourism in dubai, to world unity, and to ending disputes between east and west. YOU sir are the one saying a big **** YOU to anybody who likes the idea of peace.
nezzybaby está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2006, 10:42 AM   #30
k.03

+ let me remind you that only 6% of Dubai's GDP comes from oil
k.03 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2006, 10:59 AM   #31
SA BOY
South Straddie QLD

Likes (Received): 468

and doormanpoet learn to spell the name of the city you are trying to put down, it really shows how ignorant and illiterate you are, you dum****
Old August 15th, 2006, 11:30 AM   #32
DamienK

Likes (Received): 83

Quote:
are you sure it was supposed to be clad? i just thought it was to be painted concrete?
It was meant to be clad entirely in glass, there was one photo I saw with a poster of the completed hotel, all shiny. In the background was the actual hotel, stained exposed concrete.
Old August 15th, 2006, 01:00 PM   #33
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6071

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA BOY
and doormanpoet learn to spell the name of the city you are trying to put down, it really shows how ignorant and illiterate you are, you dum****
I have noticed that ALOT of Americans say DUBIA.
AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2006, 03:29 PM   #34
dubaiflo
Back in the Sandpit

Likes (Received): 35

one could say that is because a lot of them are stupid

but on the other hand, i spelt manhatten wrong in my video. so i'd better shup up.

but that guy needs serious rethinking of how the world works.
dubaiflo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2006, 04:52 PM   #35
Ruminative

doormanpoet... if there is a possibility of anti-american sentiments in this city... its only cause of stupid comments from ignorant americans like yourself...
Old August 15th, 2006, 05:05 PM   #36
Victhor
Que paza!!!

Likes (Received): 1707

Quote:
It seems glass to me
Victhor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2006, 05:30 PM   #37
Bobdreamz

Likes (Received): 2820

Quote:

possibly one of the most ignorant rants I have heard on SSC in a while and that's coming from a fellow American....
Old August 15th, 2006, 07:47 PM   #38
Momo1435
-----アンジュルム-----

Likes (Received): 61266

Enlarge you Burj Dubai with 100 meter!

A 100% steel construction, 100% guaranted results!
No extra Wind effects

Don't just sit there behind you computer, Do It Now!

Click here:
www.emaar.nl
Momo1435 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2006, 08:35 PM   #39
moxwax

Likes (Received): 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltinD
I have noticed that ALOT of Americans say DUBIA.
Guys, it's not an insult or ignorance... it's called a typo. It's easy to reverse letters in a word when typing quickly. It's really not that big of a deal. Same as when people type "teh" instead of "the" or "Tmapa" instead of "Tampa", etc. You think everything we Americans say are ignorant or insulting and that's just not true.
moxwax no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2006, 08:46 PM   #40
soup or man
Avant Garde

Likes (Received): 864

While I'm not a big fan of many projects going up in Dubai (some of them are just flat out tacky), I do not agree at all with any ignorant, borderline racist comments coming from ANYWHERE.

With that said, I also don't like it when people from other countries say things like 'dumb Americans' or things like that. Seriously..this world needs to grow up. There is ignorance the world over. You are not making yourself look any better by saying 'you dumb Americans' or 'down with Dubai' or some other bullshit people say to each other all the time on this site.

Grow the **** up and talk about skyscrapers.