daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 17th, 2006, 07:30 AM   #81
elkram
BANNED

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nezzybaby
This tower is a big hello to tourism in dubai, to world unity, and to ending disputes between east and west.
Where've you learnt all this? I doubt that big hello's gonna yield more than a whisper let alone a peep. The cityscape around the site looks souless to boot!
elkram no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 17th, 2006, 08:28 AM   #82
CULWULLA

Likes (Received): 10134

^its listed as never built on emporis.? i hope it doesnt go higher then burjd. not worthy of wtb title.ugly.
Old August 17th, 2006, 09:48 AM   #83
nezzybaby
Look at my shiny ball

Likes (Received): 2849

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkram
Where've you learnt all this? I doubt that big hello's gonna yield more than a whisper let alone a peep. The cityscape around the site looks souless to boot!
not in any official way, but millions of westeners going on their holidays to the middle east, or having a holiday home there is a good start for international relations. Construction sites often are souless, its easier to deliver materials to a site when its not been fully landscaped, the whole area will look incredible when finished
nezzybaby no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2006, 10:56 AM   #84
matt_sbs

Likes (Received): 5

yeah cool, can you post some pic of it when u do, cheers.
Old August 17th, 2006, 10:57 AM   #85
_BPS_
678 999 8212

Likes (Received): 2564

Thanks for the details, Culuwulla.

One more thing I would like to know is, what do all these name mean, in English? They are very similar:

Burj Al Arab
Burj Dubai
Al Burj

Sorry, I don't speak Arabic very well.
_BPS_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2006, 11:11 AM   #86
smussuw
Patriotic Emirati

Likes (Received): 533

Arabs Tower or The Tower of the Arabs
Dubai Tower
The Tower
smussuw está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2006, 12:01 PM   #87
Durbsboi
East Coast Massiv

Likes (Received): 142

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA BOY
They use doka table forms so its easy to stip and move to the next floor. Remember that on this tower there are multiple work front you have the following
1-core team
2- 3 seperate shearwall teams (1 per wing)
3- 3 seperate floor slab teams (1 per wing) also doing the perimiter columns in a perimiter jumpform
4- 6 nib teams

This tower is essentially a massive core with 3 x twin shear walls per wing so the vertical team and the horizontal team are completly seperate.
have been on site and the logistics of cleaning forms and replacing is such a massive undertaking. If you watch the cranes they do some serios work. Also helps to have such high capacity pumps with very long booms

Thanks AltinD, fazlur & Giles, we dont get many high rise buildings in SA, & I'm fairly new in the construction industry so its nice to learn & see how real life situations are dealt with.

Speaking of pumps & concrete, how do they cast the upper floors? surely they cant be pumping the concrete from lvl0 upto lvl 62 or are they? or do they have mixers on certain floors with pumps to pump the concrete to certain levels?

& when they nearing lvl 95 above, will they still be casting slabs or using the precasted plates as used in many new developments?

Bucket Facebook Page
Durbsboi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2006, 12:39 PM   #88
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6525

Quote:
Originally Posted by CULWULLA
^its listed as never built on emporis.? i hope it doesnt go higher then burjd. not worthy of wtb title.ugly.

Al Burj is still Proposed on Emporis. Park Square Tower is now "Never Build".
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2006, 02:26 PM   #89
Krazy
Kool Kat

Likes (Received): 35

Quote:

The Pinnacle
is listed as never built because it was relocated from Palm Jumeirah to Dubai Waterfront AND its height has been increased (exact height not known). Al Burj is listed as proposed on emporis and we are waiting for an official launch for this tower by Nakheel.

moved from Palm Jumeirah (shorter version)===========> moved to Dubai Waterfront (taller version)
Krazy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2006, 03:31 PM   #90
european

Likes (Received): 25

Quote:
heres a work in progress. still many more 400m+ giants to go in. but you get idea.
ill add petronas ,west pearl tower,guangzhou,etc. 494m lotte busan
also is the 575m international business centre in seoul still a go?
Wow, what an great diagram.
european está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2006, 03:53 PM   #91
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

wow, the Inceon Towes are amazing, and the Taipe 101 looks really small against the Moscow City tower.

i hope we'll get some information about the International Business Center in Seoul, a new 500m+ tower will be great.
Old August 17th, 2006, 04:11 PM   #92
SA BOY
South Straddie QLD

Likes (Received): 468

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durbsboi
Thanks AltinD, fazlur & Giles, we dont get many high rise buildings in SA, & I'm fairly new in the construction industry so its nice to learn & see how real life situations are dealt with.

Speaking of pumps & concrete, how do they cast the upper floors? surely they cant be pumping the concrete from lvl0 upto lvl 62 or are they? or do they have mixers on certain floors with pumps to pump the concrete to certain levels?

& when they nearing lvl 95 above, will they still be casting slabs or using the precasted plates as used in many new developments?
They are using a single stage Putzmieser pump ( designed especially for this project)to lift up to about 400m. I have heard that then they will have a staging slop tank and then pump again from their up to the final concrete height. They have gone to steel above a certain height cos they cant pump that high. The pressure on the pumps is huge and with them working almost continuesly the bareings etc get stuffed very quickly.
every thing is insitu concrete as every floor actally acts as a lateral support due to the height. This building is so overdesigned cos no one has done anything like this before
Old August 17th, 2006, 04:14 PM   #93
SA BOY
South Straddie QLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by _BPS_
Thanks for the details, Culuwulla.

One more thing I would like to know is, what do all these name mean, in English? They are very similar:

Burj Al Arab
Burj Dubai
Al Burj

Sorry, I don't speak Arabic very well.
Burj means tower and in arabic al is the so
Burj Al Arab is tower of the arab
Burj Dubai tower of dubai
Al Burj the tower
Old August 17th, 2006, 04:38 PM   #94
Indyman

Likes (Received): 4

I actually prefer Moscow City Tower and Incheon Towers better because their prescence seems to be more than Burj Dubai.
Old August 17th, 2006, 05:02 PM   #95
Durbsboi
East Coast Massiv

Likes (Received): 142

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA BOY
They are using a single stage Putzmieser pump ( designed especially for this project)to lift up to about 400m. I have heard that then they will have a staging slop tank and then pump again from their up to the final concrete height. They have gone to steel above a certain height cos they cant pump that high. The pressure on the pumps is huge and with them working almost continuesly the bareings etc get stuffed very quickly.
every thing is insitu concrete as every floor actally acts as a lateral support due to the height. This building is so overdesigned cos no one has done anything like this before
400meters! faaark me! yoh can you imagine the pressure that thing builds!
ok , so will the steel flooring be similar to a mezzanine type of thing?

Bucket Facebook Page
Durbsboi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2006, 05:42 PM   #96
smussuw
Patriotic Emirati

Likes (Received): 533

I dont think that he wants to fark u
smussuw está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2006, 06:46 PM   #97
germantower
i ♥ NY

Likes (Received): 1155

saw a list of the 100 tallest bldgs in the world.All buildings until the 34th tallest are so close with their heights.This tower will beat one by the other in just days or few weeks!Only another 57m and it will be the 39 tallest in the world.So it will be aproximately by the end of september the 39th tallest in the world.

Question at all

What do you thing which height will this bldg has by the end of the year.I guess 380m
Old August 17th, 2006, 07:01 PM   #98
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

me too 380-400m
Old August 17th, 2006, 07:10 PM   #99
SA BOY
South Straddie QLD

The steel structure would probably be a typical composite deck type fixed to steel beams and trusses and connected to 3floor columns. Working in steel is quick but you still need concrete for the toppings of the composite deck so concrete will still have to get up there and I cant see a crane using a bannana to do it cos the temp and the time the concrete will take to get up there, So one could assume that they will stage pump to the upper floors as well
Old August 17th, 2006, 07:22 PM   #100
ahmedjam

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by germantower
saw a list of the 100 tallest bldgs in the world.All buildings until the 34th tallest are so close with their heights.This tower will beat one by the other in just days or few weeks!Only another 57m and it will be the 39 tallest in the world.So it will be aproximately by the end of september the 39th tallest in the world.

Question at all

What do you thing which height will this bldg has by the end of the year.I guess 380m
I guess 390-405

"I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it" By Pablo Picasso

"No need for a talent when you have a brain" By AAM
ahmedjam no está en línea   Reply With Quote