daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 12th, 2011, 06:27 PM   #841
Joke Insurance

Likes (Received): 2

Source: http://greatergreaterwashington.org/

Source: http://tsarchitect.nsflanagan.net/

Joke Insurance no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 2nd, 2011, 02:17 AM   #842
HARTride 2012

Likes (Received): 1976

This is my map for the "Mushroom Kingdom" Subway. (YES, for all the Mario fans out there....If the Mushroom Kingdom was brought into modern times, this is my vision of what their subway would look like).

The image above is probably too small for anyone here to see, and I do apologize. Click here to see the map zoomed in, then download it to your hard drive. I will try to upload a larger map later.

Some Facts

General Overview
*System opened in 1897. Line 1 is the oldest of the lines.
*Has 13 lines (with 2 more currently under construction. They will be Lines 14 & 15)
*There was previously a sub-line (Line Lines 3b & 7b of the Paris Metro) called Line 5b, but as of July 10, 2011, the sub-line's newest extension was "officially fused" into the northern terminus of Line 1.
*Many stations are based off the Paris Metro, with 1 full line (Line 3) and several sporadic stations containing Washington DC Metro architecture. Many newer stations have architecture and layout similar to the Santiago Metro
*One line is almost entirely above ground (Line 10)
*Three lines contain rubber-tyred stock (Lines 1, 10, 12). Line 3 is also equipped for rubber-tyred operation, but uses steel wheeled stock in the meantime.

Operating hours & train frequency
*Line 1 operates on a 24/7 schedule. Trains run every 3 to 5 minutes during rush hour, 5 to 8 minutes during the midday, and 8 to 15 minutes during the overnight. Weekend frequency is 7 to 10 minutes all day, with 10 to 15 minute frequency during the overnight.
*Line 2 also operates on a 24/7 schedule, as well as Lines 6 & 10. Frequency varies between the three lines, but follow a similar schedule as the Line 1.
**Line 2 Express service operates Mon-Fri from 5:00am until 10:00am & 3:00pm until 8:00pm, with trains departing every 3 to 5 minutes.
*Line 3 operates on a 24/5 schedule (starts at 3:45am Monday morning and ends service Saturday evening at 11:30pm). Trains run every 4 to 7 minutes during rush hours, 7 to 10 minutes during the midday on weekdays (and all day on Saturday), and 15 minutes during the overnight. Sunday service operates from 5:00am until 11:30pm, with trains departing every 7 to 10 minutes.
*Lines 4, 5, 7, 8, and 9 all operate Mon-Fri from 3:45am until 12 midnight and Sat/Sun from 4:30am until 11:30pm. Weekday frequency is 3 to 5 minutes during peak hours and 5 to 8 minutes during non-peak hours and all day on weekends.
**Express service on Lines 7, 8, and 9 all operate in a similar fashion to that of Line 2.
*Line 11 (the automated line) operates on a 24/5 schedule similar to that of Line 3. It operates continuously from 3:45am Monday morning until 11:30pm Saturday night, with trains departing every 3 to 6 minutes during peak hours and every 7 to 15 minutes during non-peak hours (including all day Saturday). Sunday operation is from 5:30am until 11:30pm, with trains leaving every 10 to 15 minutes.
*Lines 12 & 13 operate on a 24/5 schedule similar to that of Line 11, with continuous service from 3:45am Monday morning until 11:30pm Saturday night. Sunday hours are from 4:30am until 11:30pm. Frequency on Lines 12 & 13 are very similar to that of Line 11.
**Express service on Lines 10, 11, 12, and 13 all operate in a similar fashion to that of Line 2.

Track configurations
*Lines 1, 4, 5, and 6 have 2 tracks.
*Line 2 originally had 2 tracks but it was expanded in 1945 to include 4 tracks. The project was facilitated by a need to expand Line 2 into the eastern suburbs of the Mushroom Kingdom area (thus resulting in the construction of the 2 branches). However, the project was very costly and was therefore not pursued again for Lines 1, 4, 5, and 6.
*Lines 3, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, and 13 all have 4 tracks. Line 4 will have 4 tracks by spring 2012 due to a massive expansion/renovation project. Line 4 will also become the first subway line to transition to a fully automated system. Line 1 will follow by 2020.

Rolling Stock
The Mushroom Kingdom Subway uses a combination of steel-wheel & rubber-tyred rolling stock, most are based off the Paris Metro.
(only listing "current" stock)
*MR 71 - Steel wheeled stock based off the MF 67 of the Paris Metro.
*MP 76 - Rubber tyred stock based off the MP 73 of the Paris Metro.
*MR 87 - Steel wheeled stock based off the MF 77 of the Paris Metro.
*MP 95 - Rubber tyred stock based off the MP 89 of the Paris Metro.
*MR 04 - Steel wheeled stock, a fusion between the R160A of the New York City Subway & the MF 01 of the Paris Metro.
*MP 05 - Rubber tyred automated stock based off the MP 05 of the Paris Metro.
*MP 09 - Rubber tyred stock, based off the MR 04.

Last edited by HARTride 2012; November 22nd, 2011 at 03:29 PM.
HARTride 2012 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2011, 04:11 AM   #843
city_thing
Put it in your mouth

Likes (Received): 883

Fantastic work!
Old September 4th, 2011, 02:18 PM   #844
HARTride 2012

Thank you. Still working out a lot of details. And I have to rework my map because Line 7 has express service and I did not include it on the map.
Old September 6th, 2011, 04:35 AM   #845
HARTride 2012

I also have a commuter rail system (tentatively called the RER, like Paris - trying to think up a "unique" name for it) that has several lines and branches. I only have a map of one line however, which is the Line D. Line D was built in 1981 to relieve overcrowding on the Line 1 subway.
Old September 6th, 2011, 11:09 AM   #846
Alseimik

Likes (Received): 16

I love you guys ideas and plans, mainly the networks based on real cities. Good work!

I have some drawings of networks two. Mostly Danish; I'd drawn s-tog (s-bahn, suburban) networks of the Danish cities of Copenhagen (extension to the existing) Odense, Aarhus and Aalborg. And some few lightrails (i lost them all, so starting all over, have some for Aarhus, Esbjerg, NŠstved and Copenhagen) along with an extended metro network of Copenhagen and HSR and regional maps for the whole country. however, half of the regional lines id drawn, are not realistic plans) I just never had the time to create a map, they're all drawings and .kml files (Ironic, when i have the time to design the network)
Alseimik no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2011, 01:15 AM   #847
HARTride 2012

I second that, kudos to all that have made excellent transit maps based on real cities!

I have a couple maps for a fantasy elevated rail system in Tampa, FL, US, but it is on the backburner for now.

================
More on my fantasy subway system:

*Lines 2, 3, 5, & 8 are entirely underground.
*Lines 1, 4, 6, 7, 8, & 9 have above-ground (at-grade) sections.
*Line 11 has a brief elevated section over the Mushroom Delta & Peacock Island.
*Lines 10 & 12 have underground, at-grade, trenched (freeway median), and elevated sections. Line 10 is roughly 85% above ground.

Future Lines
*Line 11 will extend northeastward from the Mushroom Kingdom Transit Center (MUTC) to the Mushroom Village Shopping Center and take over the northern sections of Line 3 (since Line 3 is fitted as a rubber-tyred line). Line 3 will be realligned to head eastward past Mushroom Lake.
*Line 14 would travel from just west of the Southwest Transfer Center and travel along the west bank of the Mushroom Channel (which Peacock Island rests at its delta - I will have this water body labeled on my updated map). The line will then interchange at Isle of the Frogs (Lines 7, 8, 9, 13) & SR 291 (Line 12) and then bank eastward across the same bridge as Lines 10 & 12. After interchanging at Kelley-Levack, Line 14 will travel eastward towards the Mushroom Lake North & University areas. Line 14 will be a steel-wheeled line.
*Line 15 would take over the Jenkins Rd branch of Line 12 & create a new segment between Jenkins Rd & Marmaduke Manor. Line 15 would then continue southward, taking over the Anderson Rd branch of Line 9 and eventually connecting to the Line 13 extension near Easterling (and possibly later connecting to Lines 1 & 10 at Rabbit Beach)
*There is a vague proposal for a Line 16, but no routing has been planned as of yet.

*There are also currently plans to extend Lines 3, 8, 9, & 12 beyond their current termini, in addition to the extensions for Lines 11 & 13 (mentioned on the map).

Last edited by HARTride 2012; October 20th, 2011 at 05:34 AM.
Old September 11th, 2011, 04:08 PM   #848
HARTride 2012

My revised map

http://s186.photobucket.com/albums/x...ationnames.jpg (its better to just have a link rather than posting a photo that shows up way too small)

I had to take down my old map and replace it with a new one. This map includes the three commuter rail lines that run through the vicinity. They are based off the RER system in Paris (and is temporarily named as the RER until I can think of a unique name for the system).
Old November 21st, 2011, 10:36 PM   #849
trainrover
:-x

Likes (Received): 738

Montreal

In addition to this one here, I've stumbled upon these two:

clickable...

clickable...

If it weren't for fantasy, then I'd say they're all overkill, which --now surprisingly-- I wouldn't have said decades ago ...
trainrover no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2011, 03:02 PM   #850
intervention
planning inaction

Interesting but total overkill for a declining (in terms of population) city!
intervention no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2011, 03:25 PM   #851
HARTride 2012

They should scrap the rubber tyred trains and go steel, so they can expand ABOVE GROUND.
Old November 22nd, 2011, 03:34 PM   #852
HARTride 2012

My fantasy Line 11 subway opened a 3-station extension eastward on November 13.

On the maps I posted earlier, Line 11 terminated at Velma Shores. Now it goes to Babylon Heights, with Kensignton Blvd and Lindell St in between.

Line 9 is currently being extended from Anderson Rd towards Easterling. It will open sometime in fall of 2012. Line 13's extension to Easterling will open in the spring of 2012.

Line 4 is undergoing a massive renovation/expansion project that involves adding two additional tracks for express service, renovating all of the stations, adding new rolling stock, for now the MR 04, and eventually preparing the line to be converted into a fully automated system (like Line 11).

Line 3 will begin a northward expansion towards Carlson Hills in the spring of 2012, projected for completion in 2015.
Old November 22nd, 2011, 09:45 PM   #853
trainrover

Quote:
Originally Posted by intervention View Post
declining (in terms of population)
Your mind's truly deterioriated ... or shall we just merely limit it to your head in general ...
Old November 23rd, 2011, 05:27 AM   #854
intervention
planning inaction

Why don't you stick to the maps instead of critiquing me?
intervention no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2011, 08:28 PM   #855
trainrover

I suggest you quit weaving in phony data You've challenged me: I'm gonna drum one up, only it shan't be fantastical per se ... it's gonna take a while, mind you ... I reckon most folks'll like it (coz of its forthcoming twist, naturally)!

I'd have never guessed the adoption of rigidity in all its tangents could ever merge into that other's futuristically mushy ride ... Hey! now I've just seen your map at the top here (thus no pun per "mushy" possible); it was the plagiarism of your station names that reminded me decades ago how I used to make up my own station names when doodling my own maps as a kid, which --altogether-- induced me into hunt this one out thoroughly:
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainrover View Post
BINGO!
Thus, I must thank you!

Last edited by trainrover; November 23rd, 2011 at 10:43 PM.
Old November 29th, 2011, 09:49 PM   #856
Brapple11

Likes (Received): 0

I found this on the Internet:
Brapple11 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2011, 02:56 AM   #857
trainrover

Thank you, I'd been stuck with further island shorelines in an expanded mapmap, although I myself wouldn't
have swiped it into my own files (proprietary affairs) plus --linguistically-speaking-- the map in itself smacks
of divisive politics and I guess I can't critique its (lack of) vision since this thread's fantasial in nature ...

clickable...
Old December 2nd, 2011, 08:47 PM   #858
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1937

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARTride 2012 View Post
My fantasy Line 11 subway opened a 3-station extension eastward on November 13.

On the maps I posted earlier, Line 11 terminated at Velma Shores. Now it goes to Babylon Heights, with Kensignton Blvd and Lindell St in between.
In the map says it was opening in fall (autumn) 2012, so it was mistaken.
Speaking about openings of fictional metros, back in July line 5 of Marathon (Maratˇ) metro in Charliland opened a new station west of Montaltnou, which is named Sant Vicenš de Montalt (Like the town located 40 km northeast of Barcelona). The problem is that there was already a station with that name, which just switched back to Sant Vicenš de Llavaneres, its original name from when the metro opened in 1926.
And for coming openings, on January 1st, 2012 line 18 of the capital city metro (I have to translate "San Cucufate" yet) will open on the northern suburbs, and it will feature reciprocal service with suburban trains, like Tokyo metro. And along it will open the metro station with the worst name ever put to one. There's a suburb which put to their streets names of diseases ( Charlilanders are really strange), and the station has borrowed its name from one of them, so its called (translated from Spanish) Adrenoleukodystrophy .
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2011, 09:09 PM   #859
trainrover

[IMG]http://t1.************/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRkiQIJpSd6PHykx2jkJ7Gn0owLulr4Ejaql26PKiE9pvbb1jd0[/IMG]
cwikabuw...
Old December 3rd, 2011, 01:10 PM   #860
HARTride 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGL View Post
In the map says it was opening in fall (autumn) 2012, so it was mistaken.
Speaking about openings of fictional metros, back in July line 5 of Marathon (Maratˇ) metro in Charliland opened a new station west of Montaltnou, which is named Sant Vicenš de Montalt (Like the town located 40 km northeast of Barcelona). The problem is that there was already a station with that name, which just switched back to Sant Vicenš de Llavaneres, its original name from when the metro opened in 1926.
And for coming openings, on January 1st, 2012 line 18 of the capital city metro (I have to translate "San Cucufate" yet) will open on the northern suburbs, and it will feature reciprocal service with suburban trains, like Tokyo metro. And along it will open the metro station with the worst name ever put to one. There's a suburb which put to their streets names of diseases ( Charlilanders are really strange), and the station has borrowed its name from one of them, so its called (translated from Spanish) Adrenoleukodystrophy .
Yes, my map is wrong. I've updated it, but not posted it yet.

And congrats on the progress of your system!