daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 8th, 2012, 02:53 AM   #901
trainrover
:-x

Likes (Received): 738

Ah! Somebody's dared extending the yellow line both directions
trainrover no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 8th, 2012, 05:08 PM   #902
HARTride 2012

Likes (Received): 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1331Massi View Post
...Circles... This plan looks pretty ambitious, but since I'm not from Tampa, could you please enlighten me with an approximate completion year?
This is simply my "fantasy network". In reality, it is unclear what will become the first light rail line in Tampa. Either we may have the downtown/airport line be built first, or the downtown/New Tampa line (in red) be built first. Unfortunately, the current political and economic climate has delayed any light rail line from moving beyond paper for at least the next 20 to 30 years.
HARTride 2012 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2012, 08:04 PM   #903
1331Massi

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnQMetro View Post
Another Montreal One :

That's a great map. Why not make the brown line a shuttle? I like your idea of extending the yellow line to Saint-Hubert, it could become Montreal's STOLport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainrover View Post
Ah! Somebody's dared extending the yellow line both directions
The shortest line in the system is one of the largest on this map...
1331Massi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2012, 08:57 PM   #904
trainrover

What's behind the necessarily encumbering fantasy at raising 153-year-old Pont Victoria Bridge so that the violet line as presumably proposed be categorised metro?
Old March 9th, 2012, 10:58 PM   #905
JohnQMetro

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
What's behind the necessarily encumbering fantasy at raising 153-year-old Pont Victoria Bridge so that the violet line as presumably proposed be categorised metro?
The Purple line is not intended to use the Victoria Bridge. It has it's own pair of tunnels, just like the Yellow line (I see everything on my map as 100% underground, just like the current Metro). the actual underground tunnels are supposed to be north of the Bridge and the Autoroute Bonaventure.
JohnQMetro no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2012, 12:07 PM   #906
deviloper

Likes (Received): 159

Here's another update of my Warsaw fantasy map. This time with a key to symbols, have a look and check more in my signature.

Warsaw Rail Network - NEW MAP released!
deviloper no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2012, 04:19 PM   #907
shree711

Likes (Received): 33

Hong Kong in the future (I hope):

shree711 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2012, 03:46 PM   #908
1331Massi

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
You don't have to raise the bridge. There are two train lines, so when the bridge is lifted, it just takes the other crossing.
1331Massi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2012, 06:47 PM   #909
trainrover

I know, but to have the length of metro route alternate between shorter and longer due to ships negotiating the locks in the seaway underneath seems to deprive it of its metro category. Furthermore, I became puzzled by this old bridge of ours when some traffic reporter advised motorists early on, over the course of a couple of (consecutive) mornings last week, to take an alternate bridge due to a forthcoming, delay-inducing train crossing Being an observant pedestrian underneath these alternate bridge spans, island-bound traffic seemed to experience delays of between one and two minutes when ships enter and leave the docks, yet never did so because of arriving or departing trains crossing the river

Anyhow, fantasies aside, it wouldn't make sense at this stage in the city's existence to be boring a (lengthier) parallel tunnel to the Yellow Line, which isn't even a mile farther downstream. I could, mind you, give a nod to tunneling a branch off the southern third of the river crossing (still) toward St-Lambert, but the authorities appear to have a penchant for autonomous metro lines.
Old March 15th, 2012, 08:01 PM   #910
HARTride 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARTride 2012 View Post
Meanwhile, the rolling stock transition within the Mushroom Kingdom Subway is nearing completion.

*Line 1 will be running an all MP 09 stock by 2013 (90 trains).
*Lines 2, 4, 5, 6, & 13 are operating MR 04 stock since mid 2011 (# of trains vary by line; 150 trains for Line 2, 130 trains for Lines 4 & 6, 110 trains for Lines 5 & 13).
*Line 3 will have its MR 71B stock (50 trains) refurbished. This project actually began in February, 2011 and should be complete in 2013.
*Lines 7, 8, & 9 will continue to operate the MR 87 stock (100 trains per line).
*Lines 10 & 12 will continue to operate the MP 95 stock (150 trains per line, though 2 additonal prototype trains operate on Line 3).
*Line 11 is operating the MP 05 (fully automated) stock (70 trains). Again, Line 11 is the newest line (it too was delayed previously due to financial problems).

*The Mushroom Kingdom Military Base Shuttle is operating the MP 09 stock (12 trains).
*The University of Kiloren Shuttle is operating the MRK75 (20 trains), alongside 10 refurbished MR 71 trains from Line 6.
Little change in plans. The regional transit authority announced today that the MP 05 rolling stock will also be used in the planned Line 14. The authority also announced that it would begin an automation project for Line 10, thus bringing the MP 05 to that line as well. The MP 95 stock that currently runs on the line will be refurbished and moved to Line 3 in around 2017. The current Line 3 stock of MR 71s will then be moved to either Lines 7, 8, or 9, with any unrefurbished stock to be retired.

Plans were also announced for an additional 10 MP 05 trains on Line 11 to improve frequencies, beginning in June. This will then be followed by 60 more trains in 2017 when the Maple Ridge extension is finished.
Old March 20th, 2012, 05:24 PM   #911
HARTride 2012

Weekend Subway Service in the Mushroom Kingdom

As the map above explains, weekend service is somewhat limited on the subway, but buses end up compensating for the loss. Lines 2, 3, 9, 10, 11, 12, and 13 all operate on their full route, with express service included.

*Line 1 does not operate between the Paula Blvd & Tonya Newman stations due to lower ridership. Passengers can use either Lines 2 or 9 and make a transfer at Tonya Newman.
*Line 4 does not operate the Carlson Hills branch due to lower ridership on the weekends. Bus Route MK27 provides service along the line to compensate.
*Line 5 terminates at the Mushroom Village Shopping Center. Passengers wishing to continue to downtown must transfer to Line 3.
*Line 6 terminates at Air Force Pkwy, passengers wishing to continue to downtown must transfer to Line 13, and then transfer to Line 3 at Mushroom Village.
*Line 7 only operates local service on the weekends and holidays.
*Line 8 also only operates local service on the weekends and holidays. Because ridership on Line 8 tends to be much lower than all of the other lines, the Lewell Rd branch is not operated and the eastern terminus is at Duloc Square. Passesngers can use Bus Route MK32 or Subway Lines 2 or 9 to continue eastward.
*The Mushroom Kingdom Military Base Shuttle Line does not operate on the weekends and holidays. The transit authority decided that it was not feasible to operate both a bus line and a subway line when ridership tends to be low on the corridor on weekends. So they decided to go with just operating Bus Route MK7 on weekends/holidays instead.
*The University of Kiloren Shuttle Line operates limited weekend service (usually 6am until 9pm).
Old March 20th, 2012, 09:04 PM   #912
trainrover

Ain't it funny how, presumably, everybody's route intersections here also represent interchanges?
Old March 21st, 2012, 08:23 AM   #913
HARTride 2012

I dont get it...
Old March 21st, 2012, 09:45 PM   #914
trainrover

Many large-scale networks have at least a few pairs of lines crossing one another whereat no transfer's possible, yet those maps I've chanced to browse in this thread do happen to ensure transfers at intersections.
Old March 22nd, 2012, 05:03 PM   #915
HARTride 2012

If I understood your point correctly, it makes no sense to make a map where it appears you can transfer to other lines when in reality, you must change over at another station or leave one station and enter another to transfer.

One point about my subway maps
Line 10 current does not have a connection with the commuter rail lines in Nevergold area. It sounds ridiculous, but it was an ill-fated decision made by the transit authority in the early 1990s when financial problems came about concerning the construction of Line 10 through the western metro region.

For now, shuttle buses transfer passengers between Nevergold South subway station & Nevergold-Pointer commuter rail station, but by 2017, there will be an interchange station called Carver Blvd, that will correspond with the eastward extension of Carver Blvd in this area.
Old March 22nd, 2012, 05:25 PM   #916
trainrover

I was neither pointing out (anybody's) illogicality nor ridiculing nonsense (none perceived); merely sharing my observations ... I hadn't noticed your lack of intermodal transfer anticipated to/from the 8 extension either ...
Old March 22nd, 2012, 08:01 PM   #917
HARTride 2012

Understandable.

I have no stations listed for the extensions yet. My next map update will have those stations listed. There will be intermodal connections, I just haven't thought up the names for the stations yet.
Old March 29th, 2012, 01:39 PM   #918
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1937

Here is a preview of the San Cucufate metro. Still to make it larger and add station names:
[IMG]http://i43.************/11qn85s.png[/IMG]

As you can see, the colouring scheme is that of Shanghai metro. And, like in Yoshi city, it happened to have some gaps in numbering: Line 10 was opened after lines 11, 12 and 13 did, and now there is a gap between lines 13 and 18. OK, actually line 12 was partially built already in the 70s as a line 1 branch.
The SC metro was opened in 1900, when line 1 came into operation to link the harbour, the old town and the railway station (Which is the five line hub). Currently boasts 14 lines and 400 kilometers of tracks. And the plans for 20 lines and 650 km have now pushed to 2020 due to financial problems. Back in August the long awaited line 4 extension to meet line 9 at Goliath station opened, and in January 1st, 2012 at midnight line 18 entered operation, bringing metro service to three of the five suburbs that will eventually connect. It offers reciprocal service, allowing line 18 trains to reach the main railway station during rush hours and suburban trains to get to the suburbs line 18 serves. Last ones only stop at three stations along the line, so it is four-tracked. And, as I said some pages back, the station with the worst name ever, the one named after a genetic disease, is located there, being the third one starting from the (current) eastern terminus.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2012, 11:42 PM   #919
HARTride 2012

I am currently redoing my network maps to give them a more uniform look. Below is a sample

Besides the Mushroom Kingdom Subway, the new map will contain suburban and commuter rail lines, as well as LRT, bus, and high speed rail lines.

The plum colored line depicted in the sample map above is one of the suburban rail lines. The thinner, rose colored line is one of the LRT lines. The LRT lines will be represented with thinner lines than the subway and heavy rail lines. Bus lines will be added later.
Old May 30th, 2012, 12:54 AM   #920
HARTride 2012

Below is my new rail system map. It includes all subway, commuter rail, light rail, and suburban rail lines.

http://s186.photobucket.com/albums/x...ationnames.jpg

In the Capital district, there are only 2 suburban rail lines. However, I will eventually create a commuter/suburban rail map that outlines all of the lines. In all, there are 6 commuter rail lines (A, B, C, D, E, & F) and five suburban rail lines (G, H, I are currently operational. Lines J & K are under construction and should open by 2015).

I've also added in the newest subway lines; Lines 14 & 15. Both are rubber tyred and fully automated. They utilize the MP 05 stock.

Originally, Lines 14 & 15 were not to be built until 2017, but I've put them to the present time. I've also added many new stations and deleted a few here and there.

For the Light Rail lines, there are 5 lines (1, 2, 3, 4, & 5, with 6 being under construction and set to open in the fall of 2013). Lines 1, 2, & 3 are interconnected, as Line 1 was the "starter" LRT built in 1987. Line 2 was built in 1995, and Line 3 opened in 1999. Initially, the three lines were completely separate due to roadwork in the district. However, they were interconnected in 2002, even though they are still listed as 3 separate lines. Line 4 was built in 2004, and Line 5 in 2008. Construction of Line 6 began in 2008, about a month after Line 5 opened.